• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinko

Rakanoth on Nightmare and above is complete bull shit. At least in Nightmare you could stun him with moves like Bola Thunder shots... not in Hell and above.

Pretty fucking stupid that his instant teleport OHKO anywhere attack has less start up than his slower less damaging projectile attacks. Any time he rises up you have to activate a defensive move or instantly die. Only since both moves look alike you end up wasting your resources on just the threat of his instant teleport attack. By the time he actually launches his teleport attack, you have used up your shit and get hit by it anyway.

By far the boss that I have died the most at in D3. At least he doesn't take much to bring down.

Yup I had trouble betting him, had to get a monk to tank him whilst I picked him off from the sidelines, its too bad the Templar doesn't have better hate generating tuants etc.

LordCanti

Quick question: Are blacksmith plans commodities? Is the fee to sell them 15% in the RMAH (once it's open)?

So I just got it and am installing it now.

Any tips for a noob?

For normal? Click on enemies until they die. If you die, get better gear in the AH for peanuts.

Did Athene get hacked? Apparently he copy pasted his pass into his username during a stream LOL and he had no auth

How could someone that high profile not have an authenticator?

scy

I just added a bunch of gaffers I know to my friends list...there is almost always a game up for whatever I feel like playing, assuming I feel like grouping. Been kind of a loner the past couple days... ;p

I normally alt-tab randomly or just leave my game running while I head out and do things. I probably appear pretty anti-social :x

Speaking of Blacksmith Plans, I got 2 of the Exalted Pallium Shoulders. If anyone wants to do an even trade for a different blacksmithing plan then let me know.

Siegfried

You can do it in any difficulty but you could skip Acts. Normally need a friend for it but you can just make a game on, say, Hell Heart of Sin and when you go to join a Public Game, it looks for the Quest you're currently on (Heart of Sin) and your current difficulty (Inferno, the highest you have access to) when determining what game you'll end up joining.

Nice. Gotta do that today when I finish Hell, if it's still working of course.

GJS

Info about the current server downtime.

Makes me think there is a serious exploit that they would do this kind of immediate hotfix.

I like how they call it scheduled though, lol

"30 seconds ago we scheduled a 1-time maintenance to occur 15 minutes from now"

I wonder if it's the 1.0.2.9858 patch that is on the Asian server, or are they going to introduce another completely different patch and break global play even further.

Glass cannon only way to go so far.

Get as much dex/crit/crit damage as you can, and nice weapon. Defenses are pretty worthless.

Right now I hover around 40k (non sharpshooter) damage.

Yeah I figure thats what I will end up doing, I need to do some major gold farming though. thanks for the advice

Also, is there an ETA on how long servers will be down?

ozhenson

Can anyone give me an indication as to where I can go to level up the most quickly from 51-53? I feel like just progressing the story on hell is going absurdly slowly as far as gaining exp.

Thanks

Junie12

Where's the patch that doesn't make legendary's suck?

I just got a
rainbow sword
from the secret level and it sucks! But I still use it because it looks cool :lol

Woo-Fu

Banned
An hour downtime to patch tool tips? Surely I'm dreaming. This is verging on comedy at this point.

I think WD's are scheduled to be broken tier next.

Not much on WD worth nerfing. If they nerf Vision Quest they'd probably doing the WD players a favor as VQ builds are really boring to play. I could see them nerfing Soul Harvest, or at least changing it so it can't be easily exploited for 15 second boss fights.

LiK

Can anyone give me an indication as to where I can go to level up the most quickly from 51-53? I feel like just progressing the story on hell is going absurdly slowly as far as gaining exp.

Thanks

Just do any boss run in Hell with Ruby in Helm. You'll lvl up quick.

Ashhong

Can someone teach me a bit more about blacksmith crafting? I spent like 50k upgrading my blacksmith but he still makes the shittiest items. I'm level 45 and on Nightmare Act 3 for reference. I can go to AH and get a much better item for almost nothing after selling my old one. Do people bother with the blacksmith?

scy

An hour downtime to patch tool tips? Surely I'm dreaming. This is verging on comedy at this point.

I hope it's at least some skill rebalances with those tooltips.

I'm still shocked that Tuesday's patch didn't change the tooltips.

Can someone teach me a bit more about blacksmith crafting? I spent like 50k upgrading my blacksmith but he still makes the shittiest items. I'm level 45 and on Nightmare Act 3 for reference. I can go to AH and get a much better item for almost nothing after selling my old one. Do people bother with the blacksmith?

Pre-60, the Blacksmith isn't really that useful due to AH prices being so damn low.

Hang onto your mats. They are buffing the blacksmith in 1.0.3, I believe. Not sure if they are just reducing costs or actually buffing his output, but either way it's worth it to just hold off and see what we get.

scy

Falcon was farming it on stream before yesterday so don't think it has.

Well fuck me, I could've been farming this :/

I even found (and watched) that stream for awhile. Must have stopped before he was running this. That or I'm dumb.

Dahbomb

They scheduled it though. This is scheduled maintenance. Didn't you get the memo?
cowboysmile5zb33.gif

I knew it was scheduled, I just wanted to vent some frustration. Especially after the beat down that Rakanoth gave me. After the maintenance is done, it's time for our showdown!

Don't craft until you're at inferno and you have some decent recipes. Basically, items don't really matter until inferno anyways. Use what you find, or try to find a deal on the AH (but don't spend much, because you won't be using that weapon for long anyways).

Once you hit inferno, items become important and buying and selling will be worth it.

scy

so he's worth upgrading at level 60/inferno?

Depends on who you ask, I guess. I think he has value for getting to gamble on Inferno-tier loot. Since you can AH things that are good (but not for you), the cost isn't so bad since you have a decent chance of getting something usable or better.

Of the ~400k I've spent on random items being made, I've made about 2.2M from him? Anecdotal and heavily skewed since it was just three really good items (~1.5M, ~400k, ~500k items).

Pre-Inferno, just not worth it too much with how easy (or just how fast you level out of equipment) Normal - Hell are for the most part.

Junie12

Hang onto your mats. They are buffing the blacksmith in 1.0.3, I believe. Not sure if they are just reducing costs or actually buffing his output, but either way it's worth it to just hold off and see what we get.

Wait seriously? Oh thank god! Finally all those essence I build up through all my play through's will finally pay off!

I always knew investing in the blacksmith was a smart idea ;)

Especially since you can craft legendary's with him!

HenryHSH

Blacksmith is not useful period. By the time you roll something useful, you'd have spent a fortune. Crafting is overpriced.

Same with jeweler, crafting anything lower than flawless square gem is a waste of gold.

Ashhong

Pre-60, the Blacksmith isn't really that useful due to AH prices being so damn low.

Don't craft until you're at inferno and you have some decent recipes. Basically, items don't really matter until inferno anyways. Use what you find, or try to find a deal on the AH (but don't spend much, because you won't be using that weapon for long anyways).

Once you hit inferno, items become important and buying and selling will be worth it.

Ah, thanks for the advice. From what I've seen the last few pages you guys dont seem to like AH that much. Strangely, AH is one of the best things about this for me right now. I love going on and finding items that are way better than my current ones for cheap (5000 max every time) and then selling my old ones for just as much. Makes me feel good

Also, is it just me or does nobody sell gems on AH? I search for every type of cut and color but I get none. I want a square or higher ruby...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom