• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

Iskatu? That seems like a rather difficult and not very rewarding boss to farm...
I was in a party of 3 Barbs and they cleaned out that area in an instant. This is Hell by the way. I restarted that area to find the same 3 Barbs farming in the exact same fashion.

Nigel Cutthroat has recently fallen on hard times and will now drop lower quality items when slain
Gold and quest experience rewards for replaying "Heart of Sin: Get the Soul of Azmodan" have been reduced
Gold and quest experience rewards for replaying "Heart of Sin: Go to the Keep" have been removed
596680-gif_bane_1_and_here_we_go.gif

scy

Nigel Cutthroat has recently fallen on hard times and will now drop lower quality items when slain

...lol.

Auction House
The maximum duration for posted auctions has been reduced from 48 hours to 36 hours

12 less hours to snipe bids? Hm. This changes nothing on bid sniping but at least stupid pricing decisions aren't up as long!

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
nice, remove every single instance of anything resembling a decent drop chance.

Can't WAIT for that RMAH!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Nigel gave good loot? Never heard of that.

Also, Blizzard really hates people farming the end of Act III for XP.

KKRT00

There's a resplendent chest in the Underbridge in Act 3. It's right next to the checkpoint for siegebreaker. There's sometimes a Treasure Bandit in there as well... And usually a champion or 2 =/

Oh god, i completely forgot about this and i've noticed that already when i was running through normal and nightmare :)

Where was Nigel? Was it the guy before the bridge between Halls of Agony 2 and Suffering Chambers?

Ferrio

Banned
When are they patching in sort by auction end time?

:D

They shouldn't, makes it too easy for people to spot deals. People should be rewarded for looking.

Also I wouldn't want to put my gear up for sale if that was the case. It's like if a store put all it's cheap shit right infront of the doorway so you wouldn't have to step more than 10 feet into it. Ya customer gets great deal but sellers get boned.

scy

They shouldn't, makes it too easy for people to spot deals. People should be rewarded for looking.

Yeah, as much as I hate having to do it manually, it shouldn't be a simple "Sort, bid this one 5m gogogogogo"

Any item I'm curious in, I mark the stats down and the time so I know when to check it. Unfortunately, they typically end when I'm at work so I can't play the bid war game :(

theta11

Is that Nigel entry a joke or was he really dropping act 2+ loot?

Act 2 loot isn't even that great, no idea why they'd single him. The ghosts in Act 4 are easier and drop better stuff and you don't even need to do anything,
Tyreal can kill them for you.

KKRT00

Where was Nigel? Was it the guy behind the bridge between Halls of Agony 2 and Suffering Chambers?

Or a guy near some house after that zone just behind SK that was attacking a girl with a guys?

inky

Is that Nigel entry a joke or was he really dropping act 2+ loot?

Well, if he was I will never know now. Funny thing, I was on my way to him (to the drowned temple of course) with a five NV stack and said fuck it when there were like 4 minutes left for downtime. Just another thing to add to my list of regrets, lol.

Ferrio

Banned
Act 2 loot isn't even that great, no idea why they'd single him. The ghosts in Act 4 are easier and drop better stuff and you don't even need to do anything,
Tyreal can kill them for you.

THey're so going to nerf tyreal I know it. He's a companion that actually does something. My templar is on his knees so much he should be sucking cock.

scy

Really? No cheap skills, no farming spots. Please visit the rmah for that 15%.

Nigel was dropping non-Act 1 loot, I believe. I forget. Wasn't he fixed awhile ago anyway?

The rest of the changes are a week old, they just never changed the tooltips to reflect them.

Edit: And all you people forgetting about the Thieves' Guild. For shame :(

Duesy

Where was Nigel? Was it the guy behind the bridge between Halls of Agony 2 and Suffering Chambers?

Or a guy near some house after that zone just behind SK that was attacking a girl with a guys?

He was the thieves guild leader in act 1

Now is the time I truly wish I had a great internet connection to be able to watch the stream of the lol-worthy drama. I hope the footage gets put on YouTube.

Czigga

On one had the AH is really killing how exiting loot drops used to be.. but on the other hand I love the meta-game in terms of trading. See what items sell for what. Buying low and selling high, it is pretty addicting. Sometimes i just log in check out my AH and see what sold and how my auctions are holding up for the day.

I just hate the item limit and the 2 day auction minimum without an opporunity to cancel it.

The item limit is good and necessary.

For one it helps stability. And as we know the AH needs all the stability it can get.

For another there is already a ton of shit on the AH that no one will ever buy. If you search a popular stat or affix for any item you get 50 pages of results, the max it can show.

Just imagine if there was no item limit, everyone would just put everything they loot on the AH and put a minimum bid. There would be literally at least 50x more useless shit with counter-intuitive stats that are useless and on top of that would further deflate the prices for all items, so it would be less profitable to sell anything.

The way it is now forces the player to constantly be making decisions. “should I put this on the AH, should I vendor it, should I salvage it, should I leave it on the ground”. Without the item limit everyone would just fill up their inv, leave game and dump it all on the AH without thinking about anything in hopes that some noob overpays for one of their useless items.

Maybe they could raise the item limit to 15 or 20, but I think anything higher than that would cause more harm than good.

I agree somewhat with the 2 day limit. I liked in WoW where you could choose 12, 24 or 48 hrs.

Again though, the lack of ability to cancel forces the player to more carefully consider the pricing of the item and allows for a more stable economy. If you could cancel any item at any time you again run into the issue of players putting outrageous prices on items for short periods of time in hopes someone bites, which would cause crazy fluctuations in market prices for items, make players more hesitant to bid under the pretense that if they were to hold out for 6 hrs the seller would cancel their auction and put it up again at a lower price.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Any solo-wizards out there that are willing to share their build? I'm curious what skills you guys are all rolling with. I'm currently playing through nightmare and it's been okay, but far from optimal.

Macmanus

Took me 18 tries at the caverns of frost to finally get Chiltara to show up and give me the drop. I hope the plans aren't this hard to get.

I spent two solid days farming NM Act 3 to get him. I don't mean an hour a day. I mean two days of almost the entire time I played the game to get this mob to spawn. Only after offering to pay a lot of gold in General did someone else find him and invite me into their game to get that fucking pebble.

At least 50+ runs on the Caverns of Frost. I had two full inventories of un-IDed yellows and ended up making over 400K from those runs.

My luck in this game is just really horrible in every aspect.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I spent two solid days farming NM Act 3 to get him. I don't mean an hour a day. I mean two days of almost the entire time I played the game to get this mob to spawn. Only after offering to pay a lot of gold in General did someone else find him and invite me into their game to get that fucking pebble.

At least 50+ runs on the Caverns of Frost. I had two full inventories of un-IDed yellows and ended up making over 400K from those runs.

My luck in this game is just really horrible in every aspect.

I'm really scared to go into my game and check if my Staff of Herding has disappeared or not due to that full inventory bug. I really don't want to collect all the stuff again.

If anyone here doesn't have an auth and have it set to use it everytime you log in, you will get hacked sooner or later and it will be your fault

Can't we just use the texting authenticator?

bill0527

I just sit down to my computer because I've freed up an hour or so to play today.

Another freakin patch and the game is down for at least the next hour, probably longer.

I can't recall a game that has been this broken for this long after its launch. Maybe its just my dumb luck, but the vast majority of time I go to log on, the game is either down, the auction house is fucked, servers are full, or any other host of issues. Jesus what a broken piece of shit this game is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom