• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

Anyone else finding Inferno to be way more difficult with extra people in the game? I know the 115% HP add-on, but it feels like the game strongly discourages gaming with buddies.

same with Hell. I was fighting Diablo with guy in Hell and his lvl 60 DH had trouble with him cuz of extra health. he decided to solo Diablo in Hell amd killed him with no issues.

s7evn

Anyone else finding Inferno to be way more difficult with extra people in the game? I know the 115% HP add-on, but it feels like the game strongly discourages gaming with buddies. The difficulty spike (from what I experienced) is going from 2 people to 3.

No, I find it so much easier with 2 people (I like having someone to deal a ton of dps while I take damage). I've mostly only done groups of 3-4 and it's not that bad.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
It does greatly.

They need to tone down monsters in group play. Having a group has no added benefit.

The only one I can think of is if you can have a Melee Character who can stand the brunt of a fight and keep enemies in place, Range Characters can actually start outputting some decent damage. In solo, you rarely can keep up the damage as you are often on the run having to shoot a few shots when you gain enough distance for Elites.

Athene is showing on the stream when he "fucked up" if anyone missed it.
KuGsj.gif

http://www.athenelive.com/stream/42146/?Athene

Now I don't feel so bad about my account being compromised the other day, lol.

Deadly

Anyone else finding Inferno to be way more difficult with extra people in the game? I know the 115% HP add-on, but it feels like the game strongly discourages gaming with buddies. The difficulty spike (from what I experienced) is going from 2 people to 3.
The way inferno scales, it's actually kinda discouraged to party up. Especially if you have someone that would pull your team down.

So, I have a fully unlocked 3 tab stash that is full with mediocre 20/30s level yellows (+2 mule characters). I can't really sell them on the AH (i've tried at VERY low buyouts) and I'm not going to save them for a new character i may or may not level (I already have three, 2 in nightmare and 1 in hell).

Should I just salvage them or sell them to a vendor? I feel kind of dirty doing that, but the glut in my stash is getting tedious to manage.

Jinko

Yea this is the probably the biggest issue for Inferno at the moment IMO.

J0dy77

Nothing a support ticket wouldn't fix. They just rollback his account I think.

I hate to be the asshole that says this, but I think they deserve it?

They really screwed this launch up. A few days is fine, dealt with it with almost every WoW expansion but this is getting out of control. For a game that really doesn't have any reason to be online only they really f'd this up. Online was controversial to begin with and now it looks like the wrong way hand down.

theta11

Is there any list of Gaffers on Inferno? :>

I would love to party, because solo runs are boring and slow, but i can only do act 1 right now as a Monk ;\ If someone has good dps, i could probably go to act 2 and tank a little.

If you can't solo Act II comfortably you won't be able to tank at all, at least in Inferno.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I cannot believe Athene of all people was not using an authenticator :////

I must be seriously out of the loop, but I've never heard of this person before today :\

Why exactly is he so famous/popular? I tried googling him, but I either see videos or hate threads.

scy

Teleport with Illusionist passive is seriously all I really need when kiting with this build with Diamond Skin mostly as a backup.

I'd suggest Mirror Image if only because Diamond Skin absorb stops mattering eventually :/ Just doesn't eat enough damage to warrant the slot in my opinion. Mirror Image gets you a second way to break out of Jail and the AI likes killing them. Plus, it cools down with Illusionist too.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So, I have a fully unlocked 3 tab stash that is full with mediocre 20/30s level yellows (+2 mule characters). I can't really sell them on the AH (i've tried at VERY low buyouts) and I'm not going to save them for a new character i may or may not level (I already have three, 2 in nightmare and 1 in hell).

Should I just salvage them or sell them to a vendor? I feel kind of dirty doing that, but the glut in my stash is getting tedious to manage.

Level 30s? Just vender them. Maybe make a final check though the AH to see if anything is worth something (Compare it to similar items first, don't just wing it). Salvaging is really not worth it till Infernal.

oktarb

Any solo-wizards out there that are willing to share their build? I'm curious what skills you guys are all rolling with. I'm currently playing through nightmare and it's been okay, but far from optimal.

I rock:

Electrocute with Surge of Power: Only use it when i run out of arcane power
Disintegrate with Chaos Nexus: My primary attack. nexus keeps the trash off of you.
Diamond Skin with Crystal Shell: Staple life saver
Hydra with Venom Hydra. Just seems to do insane damage.
Energy Armor with Prismatic: Resists are good to have.
Magic Weapon: I choose this over archon because I seem to die horrible in Hell+ when i pop Archon. extra damage works better for me.

Glass Cannon: Embrace your weakness
Astral Presence: Powers Disintegrate better.
Tempral Flux: Disintegrate is considered arcane damage so now i stun and kill them in droves.

For drove of elites keep moving, drop you Hydra and hit them when you have a moment. keep diamond Shield up as much as possible.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#UiXROS!YXU!YZabcZ

Jinko

If you can't solo Act II comfortably you won't be able to tank at all, at least in Inferno.

And that's the other problem, you have to gear up on the AH just so you can get anywhere in Inferno.

Doing Act one I have had nothing drop which has been of any use to me at all.

KKRT00 I'm also on Act 1 can try and party up when servers are back up, but with the scaling in this game its probably guna end up worse lol

I rock:

Electrocute with Surge of Power: Only use it when i run out of arcane power
Disintegrate with Chaos Nexus: My primary attack. nexus keeps the trash off of you.

Diamond Skin with Crystal Shell: Staple life saver
Hydra with Venom Hydra. Just seems to do insane damage.
Energy Armor with Prismatic: Resists are good to have.
Magic Weapon: I choose this over archon because I seem to die horrible in Hell+ when i pop Archon. extra damage works better for me.

Glass Cannon: Embrace your weakness
Astral Presence: Powers Disintegrate better.
Tempral Flux: Disintegrate is considered arcane damage so now i stun and kill them in droves.

For drove of elites keep moving, drop you Hydra and hit them when you have a moment. keep diamond Shield up as much as possible.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#UiXROS!YXU!YZabcZ

yea, you're not on Inferno.

s7evn

What Acts?

Only act 1 so far since I've heard the horror stories of act2+, but my friend and I usually team up well together. I find it hard to take down elites as a monk by myself since my DPS isn't great, but my abilities allow me to survive long enough for a DH to do a lot of damage.

I'm sure act 2 where your melees can get 1-shotted easily basically makes ranged characters have to put in the effort of 2 or more people for the kills.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I'd suggest Mirror Image if only because Diamond Skin absorb stops mattering eventually :/ Just doesn't eat enough damage to warrant the slot in my opinion. Mirror Image gets you a second way to break out of Jail and the AI likes killing them. Plus, it cools down with Illusionist too.

I may have to drop it later, but I still think if you have enough Resist and Armor, Diamond Skin should still be worth it. It really depends if you can survive any hits or not though. If a single hit does in fact take off 20k HP, it is useless.

My current plan of attack for tackling Act II and up is to try and get as tanky as possible. It is ether that or go Glass Cannon, and Glass Cannon doesn't seem to be working out to well for most.

And that's the other problem, you have to gear up on the AH just so you can get anywhere in Inferno.

Doing Act one I have had nothing drop which has been of any use to me at all.

Ive done about 20 5 stack NV butcher runs, and every 2 runs or so i get something worth selling, and every 5-7 i get something decent for myself.

railGUN

Banned
I can't believe Athene had his password macro'd, used his girlfriends name (I believe) + his birth year, and didn't have an authenticator, all while streaming his computer screen to thousands of people. How fucking stupid can you be?

theta11

I can tank for a while, i just dont have enough dps [only 9k] to kill elites without dying.

Act II is weird like that, I had 43k HP and was getting my face rolled, dropped HP by 8k and increased DPS by 3k and managed to maintain a 5 stack all the way to Zoltun Kulle.

Jinko

Ive done about 20 5 stack NV butcher runs, and every 2 runs or so i get something worth selling, and every 5-7 i get something decent for myself.

LOL yea I can't see me beating him on my own.

Besides getting something worth selling and something worth using are too different things.

I must be seriously out of the loop, but I've never heard of this person before today :\

Why exactly is he so famous/popular? I tried googling him, but I either see videos or hate threads.
This was YEARS ago, but apparently he was the best Paladin in WoW at one point (in his own words at least), and was making videos of how he plays Paladin which eventually became about what people really wanted: to see his girlfriend (who he seems to still have, props to him).

I have never played WoW so I don't know much about him other than some of the vids I watched and the fact that he plays Diablo 3.

scy

I may have to drop it later, but I still think if you have enough Resist and Armor, Diamond Skin should still be worth it.

I guess if you go a heavy Armor/Resist route then sure. I went high HP and just moderate Armor/Resists since my greatest asset is my damage and how well I can kite things.

WallJump

Banned
Huh, so you're saying that MF makes your yellows better as well as giving you more yellows. In that case +100% MF should more than double the rate at which you find good stuff. Does anyone have something more solid on that?

After doing some research I'm finding that you will indeed find more magic items (sort of the point of MF amirite), but it doesn't look like the stat rolls are affected. I'd be interested in evidence to the contrary but the only way I'd think MF gets you better quality items is that you're just taking more spins of the loot wheel, so you've got more chances to get a better roll than otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom