• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

Because if you simply define "useful" as something that your characters can put to good use, and a "useful" blue is roughly equal to a "useful" rare and a "useful" unique, then there is no difference in the items since you will find an equal amount of "useful" items of each type, and the ones you use will be random based on your own personal luck.

I think "useful" is more in the broad sense of "someone would use this" category.

Does anyone know if there is a pattern to where Blacksmithing / Jeweler recipes drop?

Can any recipe drop anywhere in Inferno? Or are the higher recipes (Exalted Grand, for example) only from higher acts, etc?

Also, can Jeweler recipes drop anywhere in Inferno?

Hoo-doo

Banned
Apparently Athene's account is restored. He's checking now what is left on his account.

Edit: And he just left the room crying when he saw his empty inventory. For real, I honestly feel bad for the guy.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Get your resist up to 550ish, get a more powerful weapon, and work on a method of healing, Life Per Spirit Spent or Life on Hit.

This is truth. I got my resists to 700 last night and solo'd Act 1 on Inferno (using Monk).

WallJump

Banned
tough guy.

why work with a build that you can't use later? Just creates bad habits. But do you, by all means. You're a tough guy.

Because they're fun. We're not all interested in ruthless optimization.

For me Melee Wiz is gonna be nigh impossible on Inferno partly because of the 30% damage reduction I won't be getting as a non-Monk/Barb (oh and Diamond Skin I hear is blegh at that difficulty) but as long as I can keep cruising through NM and Hell it's a different and fun build and I love the reactions I get out of other players.

Damn Athene just went off looking about he was about to cry, someone left him with a hamburger weapon in his weapon slot, and everything else was gone

Opiate

Because if you simply define "useful" as something that your characters can put to good use, and a "useful" blue is roughly equal to a "useful" rare and a "useful" unique, then there is no difference in the items since you will find an equal amount of "useful" items of each type, and the ones you use will be random based on your own personal luck.

I said they had different values. They are equivalently useful with different values -- useful and valuable are two different things, and importantly different. Would you say a diamond is useful to most people? Would you say it is valuable?

Value, in this case, is entertainment. Orange, blue, and yellow drops entertain you in different ways as already described.

scy

these recipes just drop? or from melting down things at the Blacksmith?

Drops.

This is truth. I got my resists to 700 last night and solo'd Act 1 on Inferno (using Monk).

700 is a bit much for Act 1. And, if you don't have 7000+ Armor, you were better off getting the two closer (e.g., 5000 Armor/700 Resists is worse than 6000 Armor/600 Resists).

is spirit regen good for monk gear?

I like having some but just so I can start every fight at full. Having a ton, personally, doesn't do much.

They left this mothafucka a burger.

I'm done. Shit is toooooo funny.

Link? I checked his usual page but it says offline now.
http://www.athenelive.com/stream/42146/?Athene
he stormed away after checking his backpack and made a wimper.

I damn near died laughing. Guys in the chat were like, "GG".

His girlfriend came on like an Iraqi Baathist party representative, demanding calm from the chat.

pics or never happened
it was too fast for me to catch, but he was clearly devastated.

Hopefully someone will tell him Blizz can restore his stuff.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
so can witch doctor do something in inferno past act or is it DH / Wizz territory ?

With about 20k damage, 2,8k armor and 280 resists I can work myself through act 2.

Thoraxes

I'm dying here.

ilp1vmZA7IiFy.jpg

foladar

So, I'm dropping my 60 barb 620 resist all, and rerolling. Sorry blizzard but after act & it can't last.

Sooo. I see Wizz and DH everywhere, but how is the WD ?

Thinking the same for my monk, it sucks. I'm prob gonna roll DH since I have one already 60.

inky

So, I'm dropping my 60 barb 620 resist all, and rerolling. Sorry blizzard but after act & it can't last.

Sooo. I see Wizz and DH everywhere, but how is the WD ?

I'm thinking about that too. After getting to act II with my barb I lost most of the the will to go on farming AI for some reason. I spend most time alt+tabbed or just checking the AH (when it dares be up) and not really playing, or waiting for some friends a lvling an alt.

I'm dying here.

ilp1vmZA7IiFy.jpg

This is too funny. (Can't wait till it happens to me)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Look what (finally) arrived :3

hcpTV.jpg

Won

Well dropped 2mil on a new crossbow. Was hoping to grab 1000+ dps bow as next upgrade, but having actually stats on the weapon is good too.
Act II farming feels really comfortable now. Act III still has some deadly stuff, but I guess I will actually start playing through it this weekend.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wait, did Athene seriously get hacked?

edit: and what's up with the hamburger?

that's basically all he has left. he has some junky stuff in his bp that they didn't touch, but his core shit is all gone. Hamburger left equipped for insult to injury.

They jacked his shit, and left him with nothing but 1337 gold and a legendary horadric hamburger.

He was the best geared demon hunter in the world, apparently.
yep. 140k damage, iirc.

accidentally typed his e-mail address and copy & pasted his pass in the e-mail address field while streaming. GG.

Holden

They took all his stuff and left him 1337 gold and a hamburger... lol

I don't know why hes so upset the game came out like 2 weeks ago, he could spend 2 days refarming all of these items -___-;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom