• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

Wait, did Athene seriously get hacked?

edit: and what's up with the hamburger?

He put his password up for everyone to see on his stream. And he had no authenticator. He wasn't really hacked, he's just an idiot.

Also, there is no cheese so it's just a hamburger. I know, right? The fuck is up with that. No cheese man.

foladar

Not at all... just someone who has experienced lots of MMORPG launches.

Except .. this isn't an MMORPG. That's the problem. The company behind World of Warcraft can't get an auction system working properly, that's my biggest issue with the launch.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I remember Shadows of Luclin (EverQuest expansion) launch month. Good times.

Mostly since I didn't get to play for the entire month.

Yeah, EverQuest had some really poor launches.

I remember a lot of the other pre-WoW MMORPG launches being complete clusterfucks as well. For whatever reason, Shadowbane comes to mind whenever I think of bad launches.

Except .. this isn't an MMORPG. That's the problem.

With the amount of players on at any given time, how the login server and auction house work, and how much data is handled server-side, it may as well be.

mileS

And he didn't switch password fast as living fuck? Whaaaaat?

There was at least 10k people watching and he said within a minute almost every single account he had for everything (youtube, LoL, all that) had been logged into and fucked with. Yup that doesn't surprise me at all. So basically he probably tried logging in to change it right away but there was already tons of people trying the same thing so he couldn't get on.

The real funny part is he didn't use an authenticator. Thats kind of shocking really.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Holy shit, latest rumor says it was Kripparrian was behind it!

Weapons

Starting to think that Athene is trolling maybe. Doesn't check the AH Auction Tab, Recent players or mentioning about Blizzard's rollbacks.

I am completely flabbergasted that he of all people didn't have an authenticator. That's like a given for high-level WOW raiding, let alone Diablo. Even casual people used them. It's only like 5 bucks, that's a sandwich. Not to mention you could just use the free phone app.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Diablo is a MMORPG now?

It works very similarly to one. It's really not all that different from modern WoW, where most people just sit in town and use the dungeon finder to be matched up with other players.

Not at all... just someone who has experienced lots of MMORPG launches.

Yeah so have I but this company is enormous, this game is enormous and if this another game wed be calling for money back or free time and telling the company to go fuck themselves. Pisses me off as its not even supposed to be an MMO and that I cant fuckgin play anytime I try and get on two weeks after launch!!

Need to calm down abit but fuck is it annoying.

LordCanti

"You can take my stuff, but you can't take my skills!"

*dies in one hit to Diablo*

Must....not....laugh....

Has to be a troll right? Who leaves a person that many legendaries? He has more than I do, and he was hacked.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Actually, this is fucking heart breaking... I feel bad watching this.

Why doesn't athene check his recent list to see who the hacker was, and he can rollback to restore his stuff right? He's going full retard mode not thinking at all, I feel for him

Starting to think that Athene is trolling maybe. Doesn't check the AH Auction Tab, Recent players or mentioning about Blizzard's rollbacks.

I don't think so. His account *was* locked by Blizzard. I saw the screen while he was waiting for it to be restored.

Not sure why he hasn't listend to the comments about rolling back the account. Maybe he's not seeing them or something. idk.

"You can take my stuff, but you can't take my skills!"

*dies in one hit to Diablo*

Must....not....laugh....

Has to be a troll right? Who leaves a person that many legendaries? He has more than I do, and he was hacked.
after that second death, he damn near cried (again?)

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah so have I but this company is enormous, this game is enormous and if this another game wed be calling for money back or free time and telling the company to go fuck themselves. Pisses me off as its not even supposed to be an MMO and that I cant fuckgin play anytime I try and get on two weeks after launch!!

Need to calm down abit but fuck is it annoying.

I agree that it's frustrating. I've been lucky enough to have only played during times when the servers were running fine outside of launch day. Other than the auction house going down a bunch, it's been pretty smooth for me.

damn, shopping in the bargain bin at the AH.

edit: he better not buy that ring. if he keeps buying to diablo, his gear will break and he won't be able to repair. lol

mileS

Yea I think people are saying hes just trolling the stream right now. Not going to do a roll back or check his auctions. He's def playing it up for fun. Surprised people don't know Athene by now.

he needs to play the Rocky theme song for the rest of the stream.

Yea I think people are saying hes just trolling the stream right now. Not going to do a roll back or check his auctions. He's def playing it up for fun. Surprised people don't know Athene by now.
his account was locked. I saw it. his shit was gone when he got back in. I saw that too.

dunno why he's not just going to Blizz, though. that part he may be playing up for sympathy. But the theft was real.

Narag

Won't even hate if it is. Hamburger pic made this far more entertaining than it should have been, real or not.

zou

Error creating the game. But hey, I almost got to play an hour today, that's twice what I got yesterday. If they keep it up I might even be able to play hours!

Yoshichan

Do not play the game for 6 hours > Come back, servers are still fucked.

Blizz, you're an amazing company. Keep making awesome games!

Askani

Wow...what an insufferable douche. Is that actually him or just his 'net personality' to get more hits? Either way I don't really care and can't really say I'm upset about what happened.

Also LOL @ the YouTube comments.

"LOOK AT ME I CAN GET HACKED IN 3 SECONDS WITH MY EYES CLOSED THATS THE SKILL, ATHENE STYLEE"

"taniake1982 taniake1982 taniake1982 taniake1982 taniake1982 taniake1982 "

Rokal

You'd be surprised how many people use the same username/password everywhere they go and never bother changing it. Taking steps to block brute-force attacks isn't going to stop accounts from getting hacked if your users are that negligent.
There was at least 10k people watching and he said within a minute almost every single account he had for everything (youtube, LoL, all that) had been logged into and fucked with.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. Dumbass uses the same username/password for everything, which happens to be his name and his birthday.

There is no preventing hacked accounts if your users are this negligent.

The only difference between Athene and most hacked players is that his login information was exposed via himself on a video stream, instead of via some small internet forum that got hacked. You can bet in the later situation, he'd be blaming Blizzard and insisting their security wasn't up to par.

Yoshichan

Wow...what an insufferable douche. Is that actually him or just his 'net personality' to get more hits? Either way I don't really care and can't really say I'm upset about what happened.
Internet personality. I spent 24 hours with the guy and he's completely different in real life. He's really a funny and amazing person.

Thrakier

I'm dying here.

ilp1vmZA7IiFy.jpg

It's funny though his girlfriend is amazingly pretty. I'm jealous.

Yoshichan

Why is the chat blowing up with 5's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom