• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaelic

Banned
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand a petition just went up......

Blizzard Entertainment: Diablo 3 Offline Single Player Patch

http://www.change.org/petitions/blizzard-entertainment-diablo-3-offline-single-player-patch

Twenty years have passed since the Prime Evils were defeated and banished from the world of Sanctuary. Now you must return to Tristram and investigate rumors of a fallen star, an omen that the End Times have begun. This is Diablo 3.

Why this petition is important:
http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/diablo-iii
The Meta-critic and worldwide Diablo Hardcore fans want an Offline Single Player Patch.

Reasons are as follows:

Always Online Requirement
Want to play anytime and anywhere without having the worry of an internet connection.
Some fans can't afford a great internet connection.
Create Two Accounts: Online Player/Offline Player
$60 Price tag should warrant you play the game how you want.

** Please Email me at nickdefina@gmail.com so I can add your concerns to this Petition. I will be bringing this and creating awareness to all PC Gaming websites, with more signatures , hopefully Blizzard will finally listen.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Change and that other site never works though, right?

lol internet petition

After all the criticism they've endured over this issue, I'm sure that's just the thing that will finally get them to abandon their business plan and allow offline play. The internet petition shall breach the dam where all else has failed

TommyT

So has anyone gotten anything good from those ghosts? Watching a couple of vids I just see blues drop even with decent MF.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Anytime you want to retrieve my hero list is good with me, Blizzard...
Been trying for 30 minutes now. Stuck at the same thing... fml. FML.

FM FUCKING L.

Just started Inferno Act I. Not bad so far, but I'm only up to Cain, so I'm sure I'll hit a wall of fuck quite shortly.

What is this resist 600 nonsense? How do you get it that high? It seems like even +40 or 50 is uncommonly high for a single piece of armor. Is there a multiplier effect somewhere?

I'm a monk, So I figured I could go cheaper and get +poision/fire/etc. and just use my passive as a placeholder until I could find enough decent resist all. But 600 seems really high, even with that method.

Yoshichan

I'm logged in right now, and will be leaving. You can have my spot on the servers, k?
Ok! I'll take over asap! Let's do it together~

3... 2... 1...

GO!

Yiorgos

Just got prompted to update to 1.02a. After the update tried to login got a message that the game will restart to apply the patch. Upon exiting the game it crashes. If i login again it says that it needs to update and am now stuck in this loop. Anyone else getting this? EU server.

mercviper

So my monk (~29-30k HP) (10k dps (can be buffed to 11-17k temporarily) and 250 resist all cant progress solo in inferno. Can't progress in a group either because they always break up after the shattered crown (1-3). What do I focus on?

Now that I have found a 650 dps onehander with 450 life on hit I can actually fight back unless the enemy has fire chains, molten, plague etc....

What build do you use? With the lower survivability stats that you have (I'm assuming ~3k armor given the rest of your stats) You're going to have to play a lot more keep-away than you did in Hell. I'd run something like http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#bTXgYk!YXU!ZabacZ with Deadly Reach as your primary and SSS being a skill slot you can swap for whatever you want. You could also swap out Conviction for the Evasion Mantra with 20% armor if the Deadly Reach rune pushes you past 4k armor.

You still aren't going to be able to tank the spiky hulks in the Halls of Agony or eat an overhead swing from a berserker, but this build should let you blind->DPS->kite and kill most elite packs solo in 3-5 cycles imo.

Other than a build change, what everyone else has suggested in getting +armor and +res equally to around 4000 and 400 should help a lot as well. A2 is another beast though... I'm working my way through that slowly with 19k buffed dps, 37k hp, 5k armor and 570 resists buffed and this build http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#WbXgYQ!ZXU!Zcbacc

Just started Inferno Act I. Not bad so far, but I'm only up to Cain, so I'm sure I'll hit a wall of fuck quite shortly.

What is this resist 600 nonsense? How do you get it that high? It seems like even +40 or 50 is uncommonly high for a single piece of armor. Is there a multiplier effect somewhere?

I'm a monk, So I figured I could go cheaper and get +poision/fire/etc. and just use my passive as a placeholder until I could find enough decent resist all. But 600 seems really high, even with that method.

The key for monks is to get +all resists items that also have +resist of your choice

I got a legendary (some shitty dagger) and this in one farming session, not bad. Only question is do I sell for the 2 million or so I can get for it, or use it. I'm using it now :p

screenshot004ao7si.jpg

Yoshichan

vaelic

Banned
god this page moves too fast. someone please assist :(

I am level 47 and just beat nightmare. to go in to hell I need to be level 50. is there a particular act in nightmare you all recommend to grind to get to 50?

Dahbomb

YAY!

I am now in the 1.8% of people who have unlocked Inferno mode.

Funniest thing happened when fighting against Diablo Hell. We were rocking him hard, then during the Shadow battle I got clipped by my own clone one too many times and died. My allies resurrected me but as soon as I came back... my Durability on all equipment was gone!!! Half of my items were rendered useless. I had a shitty 150DPS item in my backpack that I equipped and finished the game with (DAT 500-1000 critical hits).

I also beat the very first part of Inferno with that shitty weapon.

LpRjL.png

Need help gaf... Orbs are sketchy to price because the AH is poop and you can't really filter properly. I know without vit it's a bit less desirable than it could have been but it's got good damage and int.

Yoshichan

lolololol Athene stuck @ retrieving hero list like everyone else now.

mileS

Internet personality. I spent 24 hours with the guy and he's completely different in real life. He's really a funny and amazing person.

Yea true this. It's a character. It has and is still pretty funny when you look at it for what it is. But honestly its normal for people to have that reaction to him at first.

Regardless... Say what you want about the guy, but the money he is raising for charity is unreal. It's really quite amazing what hes using his popularity for now. You can't hate on that at all.

LordCanti

Anyone on NA have any perfect or radiant square emeralds (or higher?). I need some for my armor, and I'm trying to figure out if buying or crafting is going to be cheaper.

Anyone on NA have any perfect or radiant square emeralds (or higher?). I need some for my armor, and I'm trying to figure out if buying or crafting is going to be cheaper.

buying is cheaper. what act/difficulty are you in? they start dropping like candy in Act I inferno and Act IV Hell, IIRC.

Yoshichan

Hmm, OK, whoever did that, thank you.
<,<?
Yea true this. It's a character. It has and is still pretty funny when you look at it for what it is. But honestly its normal for people to have that reaction to him at first.

Regardless... Say what you want about the guy but the money he is raising for charity is unreal. It's really quite amazing what hes using his popularity for now. You can't hate on that at all.
Absolutely.

Askani

Yea true this. It's a character. It has and is still pretty funny when you look at it for what it is. But honestly its normal for people to have that first kind of reaction to him.

Regardless... Say what you want about the guy but the money he is raising for charity is unreal. It's really quite amazing what hes using his popularity for now. You can't hate on that at all.

I know absolutely nothing about him other than the video. If he's doing charity work then more power to him and I wish him luck if he was truly hacked.

Yoshichan

I know absolutely nothing about him other than the video. If he's doing charity work then more power to him and I wish him luck if he was truly hacked.
He's raised $1,610,000 to kids in Africa :)

cilonen

Just got prompted to update to 1.02a. After the update tried to login got a message that the game will restart to apply the patch. Upon exiting the game it crashes. If i login again it says that it needs to update and am now stuck in this loop. Anyone else getting this? EU server.

It'll be a client/server patch version mismatch again like earlier in the week; the server maintenance to bring it up to the same version as the client patch you downloaded hasn't happened yet.

Earlier in the week it was scheduled maintenance, with the EU server patch coming a day later so people knew how long to wait. I think today's outage was unannounced so no idea how long it'll be.

Risible

<puts on tinfoil hat>

1. Have friend ready to go.
2. Post fake password "accidentally" to stream.
3. Friend hacks account with real password.
4. Act sad and upset.
5. Have legion of fans donate money to you all over again.

<takes off tinfoil hat>

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I'm still on Hell difficulty, but things have been going a lot better for my Barbarian since I shifted my strategy to focus more on using Seismic Slam (with reduced Fury cost) using a really high damage 2hander has been going really well. With +12% run speed boots and strategic usage of Leap, I'm pretty mobile and able to just kite most things around while destroying groups of mobs using Seismic Slam. I'm mid-way through Act III now, but I wonder how viable this strategy will be in Inferno.

okno

Well, my lvl15 Witch Doctor has completely disappeared :( I've tried switching servers and nothing. I know that's nothing, but still sucks. I started a monk in its place, however, and am actually having way more fun with him than my WD. WD is a wicked fun class to play, but the monk is just so visceral, I love it!

This game has taken a long time to click with me, but now that it has I'm definitely liking it a lot.

spirity

Anytime you want to retrieve my hero list is good with me, Blizzard...

It appears that my 'heros' are closer to the Red Hand Gang than they are something Marvel would create, because they're relying on a listless Blizzard server engineer to pull his finger out of his fucking arse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom