• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

cilonen

<puts on tinfoil hat>

1. Have friend ready to go.
2. Post fake password "accidentally" to stream.
3. Friend hacks account with real password.
4. Act sad and upset.
5. Have legion of fans donate money to you all over again.

<takes off tinfoil hat>

You don't even have to 'hack' it, Blizz would probably block the account if it suddenly got hundreds of login attempts from different I.P.'s

Still, funny stunt if staged, sorry for him if not & hopes he gets it all back via rollback. More power to him for geeting more hts for charity.

mileS

No kidding. I fully apologize.

lol its all good :) like I said its normal for people to have that kind of reaction to him at first. Thats the kind of reaction he wants, and most of it eventually turns into fans that get it after a while and continue to watch because its hilarious.

GJS

It'll be a client/server patch version mismatch again like earlier in the week; the server maintenance to bring it up to the same version as the client patch you downloaded hasn't happened yet.

Earlier in the week it was scheduled maintenance, with the EU server patch coming a day later so people knew how long to wait. I think today's outage was unannounced so no idea how long it'll be.

Maintenance is scheduled for 3AM CEST, so it will be patched in like 3 hours. I don't know why the US messed with their schedule, but the 1.0.2a/1.0.2.9858 patch wasn't anything emergency or unannounced as Asia already had it.

I duplicated my diablo folder to get around these stupid region patch issues, I have one set to use the EU update server and one set to use the american update server, works perfectly.

Xanathus

Uhhh, is anyone else's auctions totally missing from the auction tab? I had 10 sales going before the update but now I only have 2. They're not in the Completed tab either.
edit: weird, one of my items was just sold and the gold for it appeared in my completed tab, but it definitely wasn't showing in my auctions list

zlatko

Banned
You... asked for a link?

tzdAD.png

I mean THIS kind of Link silly.

Yiorgos

It'll be a client/server patch version mismatch again like earlier in the week; the server maintenance to bring it up to the same version as the client patch you downloaded hasn't happened yet.

Earlier in the week it was scheduled maintenance, with the EU server patch coming a day later so people knew how long to wait. I think today's outage was unannounced so no idea how long it'll be.

Thanks for the info this is really a mess!

Torraz

Apologies for the very newbie question...

What are some item statistics that I should look out for when doing farm runs? I know I should be looking for high dps weapons with stats / life on hit etc and generally gear with a primary stat (possibly vit) and resist all, but what about other stats like +armor, single resistances etc?

Is there a guide to what is valuable/desirable?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Zlatko :lol

RETRIEVE.
MY.
FUCKING.
CHARACTER.
YOU.
FUCKING.AOIHSFIOASHF=OIASOFIUSAOFUIASHOIFHSG=F

Buying is not cheaper for anything higher than Flawless Square, and both of the 2 he mentioned are higher.

Sure about that? you factoring in the costs of upgrading the Jeweler?

When the commodities market re-opens, perfect squares are going to be about 600c. and you only need a few of each, so upgrading the jeweler becomes a waste unless you're going for radiant stars or some unnecessary shit.

Ferrio

Banned
Apologies for the very newbie question...

What are some item statistics that I should look out for when doing farm runs? I know I should be looking for high dps weapons with stats / life on hit etc and generally gear with a primary stat (possibly vit) and resist all, but what about other stats like +armor, single resistances etc?

Is there a guide to what is valuable/desirable?

Attack speed, crit chance, crit damage.

10 Max discipline on chest/quiver (paired with a high dex) also a good one DHs want.

pringles

EU down again? Can't recover characters.

Been over a week, fix this crap Blizzard...
What did you set your "Log in Difficulty" to? Mine seems to be at 'Inferno Overdrive'. No amount of Error-resist gear seems to be making any difference, I still get one-shotted by the Retrieving Hero List Arcane Enchanted Jailer Demons.

Big Chungus

Spent over 800k buying gear for my barb on the AH so I could survive Inferno Act 2...didn't make a difference at all! I keep dying on the first monsters you encounter after the invisible wall.

Can someone tell me what i'm doing wrong?

Here's my gear:

Ourobolus

Banned
Inferno has finally set in as not fun anymore. Made it to Kulle's place, and the champions there are destroying me.

My main problem is the 500-foot melee range that enemies have, coupled with the fact that when I do kite, they keep pace with me even after I use a 40% movement buff. It's like positioning doesn't even matter.

tjohn86

Spent over 800k buying gear for my barb on the AH so I could survive Inferno Act 2...didn't make a difference at all! I keep dying on the first monsters you encounter after the invisible wall.

Here's my gear:

You need 15k more DPS.

HomShaBom

Banned
Look's like Athene might have been faking it for pity.

i.imgur.com/aQ9vD.jpg
Would be a massive dick move. I give him credit for collecting money for the charity, but a lot of viewers have been donating cause they feel sorry for him, would be bullshit to be a troll.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Here's my gear:

I don't play barb, but 6k damage in Inferno seems all kinds of wrong. But I can't say since I don't play the class. Vit also seems low. Might want to post the skills and runes you're using as well.

Inferno has finally set in as not fun anymore. Made it to Kulle's place, and the champions there are destroying me.

My main problem is the 500-foot melee range that enemies have, coupled with the fact that when I do kite, they keep pace with me even after I use a 40% movement buff. It's like positioning doesn't even matter.
Class, skill build and stats, please.

How do I fix this? Is it telling me to reinstall the entire game? Or is there somewhere I can just re-download the patch? I don't understand why the launcher won't just do it automatically if it's corrupt.

Edit: NM, I got it. Just deleted the file and relaunched. Pretty simple.

Shouta

Sure about that? you factoring in the costs of upgrading the Jeweler?

When the commodities market re-opens, perfect squares are going to be about 600c. and you only need a few of each, so upgrading the jeweler becomes a waste unless you're going for radiant stars or some unnecessary shit.

Flawless Square is the highest that drops, anything higher is crafted. Perfect Square and Radiant Square are both higher and require Inferno access to make.

Yoshichan

Aaaaaaand he was trolling us, hahahahha! Thank God.

cilonen

How do I fix this? Is it telling me to reinstall the entire game? Or is there somewhere I can just re-download the patch? I don't understand why the launcher won't just do it automatically if it's corrupt.

Note that path & filename, quit the launcher, find and delete that file, fire up the relauncher again and it should try to redownload.

No, I don't know why it doesn't just do it automatically if it knows it's corrupted either.

Ourobolus

Banned
Class, skill build and stats, please.

DH
Bat Companion
Shadow Power w/ movement speed
Smoke Screen w/ lingering fog
Preparation w/ 30% chance to have no cooldown
Hungering arrow w/ devouring arrow
Nether Tentacles

Sharpshooter
Night Stalker
Archery

868 DPS bow, 2.63 APS, about 1000 DEX (total DPS is about 38k w/ sharpshooter), about 20k HP.

bout 40%-50% resists.

Narag

DH
Bat Companion
Shadow Power w/ movement speed
Smoke Screen w/ lingering fog
Preparation w/ 30% chance to have no cooldown
Hungering arrow w/ devouring arrow
Nether Tentacles

Sharpshooter
Night Stalker
Archery

868 DPS bow, 2.63 APS, about 1000 DEX (total DPS is about 38k w/ sharpshooter), about 20k HP.

Caltrops with the 2sec snare work well on that fight. Just be aware where zulle is and you can shoot him actoss the pit when the guardians are dead.

Yoshichan

I fucking love Athene.

Izcarielo

Banned
Barbarian. Inferno, 11k DPS, 45k HP, 9k armor , resistance around 300, act 2.
I really REALLY want to continue playing as a barb, but im starting to get very burned of that stupidly insane difficulty curve in Act 2.
I dont have a lot of money ( around 200k) and i cannot afford ANYTHING in the AH because here in EU prices are crazy: 700 dps weapons around 1.5 millions, nice shields 3 millions, etc ... The rest of the cheaper items dont improve my stats, so right now im completely stucked.
Im bored of rushing throught act1 only for some shitty blues/rares even with 5 nephalem stacks.
So what should i do now Gaf? Should i reroll a mage or DH? Keep farming ( shit is getting boring as hell, not fun anymore)?

Ourobolus

Banned
Caltrops with the 2sec snare work well on that fight. Just be aware where zulle is and you can shoot him actoss the pit when the guardians are dead.

Oh, I don't think I'll have a problem with Zulle himself. It's just Champions/Elites in general in Act 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom