• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Barbarian. Inferno, 11k DPS, 45k HP, 9k armor , resistance around 300, act 2.
I really REALLY want to continue playing as a barb, but im starting to get very burned of that stupidly insane difficulty curve in Act 2.
I dont have a lot of money ( around 200k) and i cannot afford ANYTHING in the AH because here in EU prices are crazy: 700 dps weapons around 1.5 millions, nice shields 3 millions, etc ... The rest of the cheaper items dont improve my stats, so right now im completely stucked.
Im bored of rushing throught act1 only for some shitty blues/rares even with 5 nephalem stacks.
So what should i do now Gaf? Should i reroll a mage or DH? Keep farming ( shit is getting boring as hell, not fun anymore)?

Do mobs get faster in Inferno? How viable would it be to kite them around and use Seismic Slam? Works really well in Hell at least.

Cipherr

Just started Inferno Act I. Not bad so far, but I'm only up to Cain, so I'm sure I'll hit a wall of fuck quite shortly.

What is this resist 600 nonsense? How do you get it that high? It seems like even +40 or 50 is uncommonly high for a single piece of armor. Is there a multiplier effect somewhere?

I'm a monk, So I figured I could go cheaper and get +poision/fire/etc. and just use my passive as a placeholder until I could find enough decent resist all. But 600 seems really high, even with that method.

As a monk, buy gear with +all resist, and you also need to choose a secondary resist that you will use on your gear.

Because of the Passive skill "One with everything" or whatever, as a Monk you can buy an item like this:

100 Dexterity
100 Vitality
40 Resist All
40 Arcane Resist
[Empty Socket]

And as with your passive, you get 80 total resist from that one item. IMO this is a fantastic bonus for being a Monk. However make sure the secondary resist (in this case Arcane) is the second resist stat on all of your gear, and it will allow you to get more resist per gear piece than any other class in the game AFAIK. Turn on Mantra of Healing with the Time of Need Rune and gain yet another 20% resist..... Its just insane.

Spent over 800k buying gear for my barb on the AH so I could survive Inferno Act 2...didn't make a difference at all! I keep dying on the first monsters you encounter after the invisible wall.

Can someone tell me what i'm doing wrong?

Here's my gear:

You made the same mistake I made, except I spent about 3.5 million before I realized it. That 800k should have stayed in your piggy bank as you pooled to buy a single perfectly itemized piece for your class at around 5 or so million gold. Then you buy that one piece and start pooling money again, several times over until you have a full set of nearly perfectly itemized gear in each slot, THEN you go out there and try.

Or you could wait for the inevitable nerf, but right now, times are tough in Inferno Act 2 and beyond.

Unless of course you want to just play Mike Tysons punchout and progress by dodging every single mob so you dont get 2 or 3 shot while damaging them in a cat and mouse game of kiting.

Spent over 800k buying gear for my barb on the AH so I could survive Inferno Act 2...didn't make a difference at all! I keep dying on the first monsters you encounter after the invisible wall.

Can someone tell me what i'm doing wrong?

Here's my gear:

Right off the top of my head I'd say your damage and armor are a little low. I was able to successfully clear and begin farming Act 2 with about 8k dps and about 7800 Armor after Enchantress buff, but it was still rough at times depending on the champ packs. Would help if you could post a screen of your stats(resists, block, etc.), but thats what I took away on first glance.

Also what build are you using in terms of passives and skills?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Fair enough. He really got hacked, but Blizzard fixed that shit back for him :D

Hoo-doo

Banned
weebay.gif

Damn, Athene. You are fucking insane, and brilliant at the same time.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Unless of course you want to just play Mike Tysons punchout and progress by dodging every single mob so you dont get 2 or 3 shot while damaging them in a cat and mouse game of kiting.

best way to play Diablo 3!

it's funny that developers actually want to discourage kiting, yet they make Inferno like this.

He didn't get hacked though. He was just stupid.

I honestly wish the whole thing was an elaborate troll, but it's just the last part. :(
remarkable. his account really was locked, though.

best way to play Diablo 3!

it's funny that developers actually want to discourage kiting, yet they make Inferno like this.

remarkable. his account really was locked, though.

I had an amazing kite path in the cathedral on inferno, an east-west lane that was pretty long and straight and when I reached the end I'd spirit walk and head back the other way lol.......

tjohn86

Barbarian. Inferno, 11k DPS, 45k HP, 9k armor , resistance around 300, act 2.
I really REALLY want to continue playing as a barb, but im starting to get very burned of that stupidly insane difficulty curve in Act 2.
I dont have a lot of money ( around 200k) and i cannot afford ANYTHING in the AH because here in EU prices are crazy: 700 dps weapons around 1.5 millions, nice shields 3 millions, etc ... The rest of the cheaper items dont improve my stats, so right now im completely stucked.
Im bored of rushing throught act1 only for some shitty blues/rares even with 5 nephalem stacks.
So what should i do now Gaf? Should i reroll a mage or DH? Keep farming ( shit is getting boring as hell, not fun anymore)?

You need ~400 more resist all before warcry. Probably around 20k dps too. I just beat act 2 inferno as a barb and that is what it took.

oktarb

I'm probably missing part of the story but why would people flock to this guys rescue and donate money. I mean the games only been out a couple of weeks. What real impact would losing all your stuff be?

Just seems like he's attracting the gullible masses.

Izcarielo

Banned
Do mobs get faster in Inferno? How viable would it be to kite them around and use Seismic Slam? Works really well in Hell at least.

No i think they have the same speed, but they hit way harder and have more life.
Im using the hammer with the stun rune , very useful when i have a lot of mobs surrounding me and one of them is low on life; i just use the hammer on that one and keep stunlocking the others using the same trick.
The prOblem in act2 is that i cannot even resist more than 5/6 attacks from a NORMAL enemy, they completely obliterate me , and it makes me really angry as i feel its cheap making them hit harder but not letting me get better gear as everything that drops in act I is useless. Really frustrating :/

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I'm probably missing part of the story but why would people flock to this guys rescue and donate money. I mean the games only been out a couple of weeks. What real impact would losing all your stuff be?

Just seems like he's attracting the gullible masses.

Donate money to his charity because they feel bad for him.

Got one of those technical gameplay question to ask:

My WD got about 50% IAS, and everytime I add more, it increases my actual DPS.

Thing is, the actual speed animation of skills (like splinter darts) doesn't speed up much anymore.

Is there a cap to this, or does more IAS actually increase my core DPS ?

Ferrio

Banned
Got one of those technical gameplay question to ask:

My WD got about 50% IAS, and everytime I add more, it increases my actual DPS.

Thing is, the actual speed animation of skills (like splinter darts) doesn't speed up much anymore.

Is there a cap to this, or does more IAS actually increase my core DPS ?

DPS = damage per second. Of course if you speed up your attacks it'll increase your DPS.

Yoshichan

I put up an amulet:

14% attack speed
250 life on hit

for 200k and it sold 10 seconds later... did I just make a huge fucking mistake? Was it worth a million or whatever?

I put up an amulet:

14% attack speed
250 life on hit

for 200k and it sold 10 seconds later... did I just make a huge fucking mistake? Was it worth a million or whatever?
you could have gotten double that imo, and that's at the least. Life on it and attack speed are pretty desirable.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
No i think they have the same speed, but they hit way harder and have more life.
Im using the hammer with the stun rune , very useful when i have a lot of mobs surrounding me and one of them is low on life; i just use the hammer on that one and keep stunlocking the others using the same trick.
The prOblem in act2 is that i cannot even resist more than 5/6 attacks from a NORMAL enemy, they completely obliterate me , and it makes me really angry as i feel its cheap making them hit harder but not letting me get better gear as everything that drops in act I is useless. Really frustrating :/

I hope to be on Inferno tomorrow, but I really think you should try out Seismic Slam (with reduced cost rune) kiting. If you throw on the passive ability that prevents your Fury from degenerating, use Leap and Warcry to easily generate Fury, you can almost always have enough to obliterate large groups of mobs. With a decent weapon you'll be critting for almost 100k.

Again, I'm not on Inferno yet so I don't know if this strategy will work, but I think it's worth a try. It's been a life saver for me on Hell Act 2 and beyond.

Yoshichan

No other stats on it?

That much attack speed on amulet is really good.
Yeah no other stat... fml.

What's even more fml is that I got d/ced and now I'm stuck on retrieving hero list again.

This game truly is garbage, it's sad actually. I'm not even hyperboling. I'd compare this to trash like Genji: Days of the Blade, Snakeball and Greed Corp.

tjohn86

So I should get rid of some of my all resist/vit gear and get strength?

With my barb I ended up needing 1500 str, 1100 vit and ~900 all resists (with warcry) before I could really survive in act 2. I do a little over 22k DPS with a 1000 DPS weapon.

Dahbomb

Is Nether Tentacles busted/OP?

As soon as I started using it I started clearing mobs really fast and the crit rate on it is stupid high. Something doesn't feel right on this skill.

Also what are the best farm spots to prepare yourself for Inferno and build up some gold? I am farming Heart of Sin Act 3 -> Act 4 Beginning with DH using a build designed for fast farming (Ferret, Vault, Multishot that gives Disc etc). Are there any other good farm spots particularly in Hell?

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
"there was an error creating your party" out of fucking nowhere (I only play solo pretty much), and now I'm getting constant Error 37. My character better not be fucking dead when I get back on.

It looks like Blizzard's latest patch put the lag back in the game after they accidentally removed it from the previous update.

Thanks, Blizzard, for giving me back this much missed feature.

Yoshichan

Maintenance for 1.0.2a? Is that it?

Atrophis

Same happened to me. Just bought some gear and was able to progress in act 1 inferno for the first time. Got to 3 stacks of NV on cathedral level 3 and then booted :(

Thrakier

Just bought 530 armor trousers with high +STR and +VIT and 35 to all resistance for 20k. Than I bought a 300armor breastplate with the same stats for 15k.

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
Yeah I was on my hardcore character. Fighting some relatively weak mobs. Fun stuff. I think I'm alive but if I'm not I will be sort of pissed.

Desaan

I love getting booted out of my single player game.

If this type of thing is going to be the future, just fucking drop the nukes now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom