• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually found it in about an hour of banging my head against Act II.

And the money has already been spent on some new Chest Armor. Maybe I over paid, but I got this for 800k:
vanguard.jpg

I don't know, maybe I should have forgone sockets for more All Resit. I am having some buyers remorse. 25 Resist isn't that much, though the old piece didn't have any. I could have easily traded 2 slots for anther 30 All Resist looking at some more piece. Though the raw Int Values never seemed to go up very much.

I like the vit and int of course...but yea, with armor that low, it may have been a bit high. :-(

I would have pegged chest armor like that at around 200k. Low armor, low resist, no special perks or bonuses beyond the barebones that make it good for your class.

Beat the Skeleton King on inferno. It was pretty hard. He did about 90% of my life in a single hit. I will take that as a sign that my gear is about topped out. I'm about 50,000 away from the secret level staff upgrade, so I will try and farm some there.

Also "Developer Hell" made me laugh. Unfortunately they were not hording the good items.

Miroku

It's deceiving. You don't actually have 100% crit rate; you have 100% crit rate until you actually score your first critical hit, at which point your crit goes back down to your real level, then starts adding 3% per second until you crit again. If you take Sharpshooter off, you'll see what your proper crit rate (and DPS) is. Honestly you shouldn't be running Sharpshooter unless you're in a stacked crossbow build w/ appropriate gear (including spike trap variants).

what should a 2H bow + quiver user be doing if not sharpshooter?

It's gloves. I'm guessing the value would be less?
ah. don't know how I missed that. I don't think it would be too much less. gloves with attack speed AND crit damage are always hot. physical resistance is very nice to have.

If I were you, I'd go to the AH, and search for all the Rare quality gloves with that level of attack speed and crit damage. the results should be few. then aim a little less than gloves you see at a similar price to reflect the fact that the gloves lack Vit and/or class-specific property

kbbsw.png

Just got this off of the inferno butcher. What can I try to sell this for?
maybe a few thousand.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Where can I get d3 macros to switch my gear with a click of a mouse?
You can't, unless it's some sort of third party program. I wouldn't recommend using that.

GJS

oh F**************K no. Let me log in finally and my character doesnt show up? Just an empty space???

You probably switched regions.

And you probably have a client mismatch with the original region you were trying to connect to, which should be fixed for a few days when the EU client is patched in the next 2 hours.

more like 2k-5k.

the biggest problem with it is that it's level 60. when you hit level 60, you start seeing all the high dps weapons and don't want to buy stuff below 900dps anymore.

Act I, not too bad.

Act II, you are hit by a tiny bee for 30k damage.

once in Act II, I had to deal with a group of 3 elite sand sharks with arcane, damage reflect, mortars and extra health. it was just stupid.

I was surprised that they can basically 1-shot you if they bite you, and frustrated because they're off screen so much where you can't attack them, so setting up your offense is awkward at best.

I eventually got killed by the timer of death after trying to freeze and attack for what felt like 10 minutes. Because all 3 wouldn't surface at the same time, it was almost impossible to stand and deal damage.

Fortunately, it only happened once.

Can't find any info about what happened. He faked the whole thing or what?
it was faked. but it was funny as shit.

Wow so one of those little flies can one shot me? lol
just about anything can in the desert, so yes.

but wait until you get to the invisibile guys with the tridents.

Wallach

what should a 2H bow + quiver user be doing if not sharpshooter?

Depends on your build. If you're running group and don't need as much survival I'd probably run Cull the Weak. If you're doing solo farming I'd definitely run Tactical Advantage.

You probably switched regions.

And you probably have a client mismatch with the original region you were trying to connect to, which should be fixed for a few days when the EU client is patched in the next 2 hours.

ahhhh ok, I get in the game. Log in and says game needs to be patched? but i am in the most recent update. I went into settings and it did put it to europe? so i switched it back to america but still get the same messege.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Cipherr

Dark souls is a challenge, Inferno mode is bullshit.

I dont think it is. Some of it is, teleporting invulnerable snakes that dont drop invulnerability until all 4 of them on are on top of you so they can collectively deal juuuuuuust enough damage through all your armor and resists to kill you in one blow?

Yeah thats bullshit.

Soul lickers or whatever? Sure thats bullshit too. But a lot of Inferno is do-able. Its just that you will have to farm gear and money for many many weeks in order to afford the set of gear needed to make it through it.

I think that part is intended. Little by little Act 2 is getting easier and easier. I used to just fall over dead, now I can take a few hits, step back and burst most stuff down. The elite packs are still as insane as ever for the most part, but Im managing them better too. In a months time I imagine Act 3 will be my new Act 2 in terms of difficulty.

Yup. Don't bother selling 2H weapons unless they have ridiculous affixes or over 1000dps.

I mean, I sell 700-800dps weaps regularly for 2k-5k. It's just a question of whether or not it's worth taking the slot up vs taking the Hoof/Tear/whatever + essence.

I dont think it is. Some of it is, teleporting invulnerable snakes that dont drop invulnerability until all 4 of them on are on top of you so they can collectively deal juuuuuuust enough damage through all your armor and resists to kill you in one blow?

Yeah thats bullshit.

Soul lickers or whatever? Sure thats bullshit too. But a lot of Inferno is do-able. Its just that you will have to farm gear and money for many many weeks in order to afford the set of gear needed to make it through it.

I think that part is intended. Little by little Act 2 is getting easier and easier. I used to just fall over dead, now I can take a few hits, step back and burst most stuff down. The elite packs are still as insane as ever for the most part, but Im managing them better too. In a months time I imagine Act 3 will be my new Act 2 in terms of difficulty.
I agree. I now farm Act II.

But the reason it's bullshit is because it forces you to the AH in order to be able to do said farming at this point. You're not going to find the kind of damage, armor, resists and attack speed upgrades you need from farming Act I. We have GAFers here who've made *hundreds* of Butcher runs and have next to nothing to show for their time and effort. That's why it's bullshit.

And yea, about 40% of the elite packs feel OP no matter what gear you have. lol. Invul/Reflect + Moartars + Jailer + reflect = fuck you.

DTKT

Just hit 60 with my DH.

For my main weapon, should I just pick something with the highest DPS? Or do I prioritize high Dex?

Yoshichan

I mean, I sell 700-800dps weaps regularly for 2k-5k. It's just a question of whether or not it's worth taking the slot up vs taking the Hoof/Tear/whatever + essence.
Pretty much, yeah. Imo, everything worth under 10k isn't worth the space.
The 5k-10k you may get is still more than you'd get from the vendor.
Not worth the space.

GJS

ahhhh ok, I get in the game. Log in and says game needs to be patched? but i am in the most recent update. I went into settings and it did put it to europe? so i switched it back to america but still get the same messege.

The European servers are a patch behind (1.0.2.9749) whilst the american servers are (1.0.2.9858), so you can't connect to it.

The European server will be updated soon but this error will come back in the next diablo 3 update.

Yoshichan

All you rich people with your fancy gear and your expensive items. Pah.
I wish I was rich, trust me :( If I was rich, then I'd conquer the fucking world!

Rufus

Its just that you will have to farm gear and money for many many weeks in order to afford the set of gear needed to make it through it.
Which is a sort of challenge, yes. Not really equivalent to learning how to become better at a game, I would say.

zou

If you want some insight into the stuff Blizzard is facing, read this very intelligent post on reddit. And yeah, communication is lacking, especially in Europe.

Except he's wrong. If anything, D3 should be easier to manage due to the 4 player limit and not having to maintain a persistent world for tens of thousands of players. So they don't have to worry about anything else other than finding a server with available resources. The only central parts are the login system and the auction house and that's also where they have been having the majority of their issues. Which actually is quite surprising, considering they are dealing with read intensive loads for the most parts. Trying to load balance/scale inserts where you can't shard effectively is damn hard, no question about that. But for Blizzard to fail so miserably when only dealing with reads is quite pathethic.

theta11

once in Act II, I had to deal with a group of 3 elite sand sharks with arcane, damage reflect, mortars and extra health. it was just stupid.

I was surprised that they can basically 1-shot you if they bite you, and frustrated because they're off screen so much where you can't attack them, so setting up your offense is awkward at best.

I eventually got killed by the timer of death after trying to freeze and attack for what felt like 10 minutes. Because all 3 wouldn't surface at the same time, it was almost impossible to stand and deal damage.

Fortunately, it only happened once.

I've had just as frustrating ones with my monk, Elite versions of the sand golems in Kulle's area with Teleport, Shielding and Jailer, the main elite had Arcane as well. It was just frustrating because even though I have around 65% reduction from both armor and resistances the minions were hitting me for around 25k damage. In the end to kill them I had to split them up and kill them one at a time, kiting in a circle until my invulnerable CD and Blind were up then attack and continue kiting. Overall it was frustrating and felt like a waste of time.

Neki

I honestly dont understand why he said 2h users shouldn't use sharpshooter. It's great for bows too.

If you have a crossbow, I'd run SS instead of Archery if your crit chance is low. The archery crossbow bonus is pretty useless with 5% crit.

Ferrio

Banned

Yeah thats bullshit.

There's a lot of bullshit in this game.

Act 4:

Fallen Angels (they can rush you from off screen, don't notice till too late).
Oppressors (same thing)
Terror Demon (completely invisible until they're on you, not even that "sorta" invisible that the snakes do)

Those "no way to anticipate" attacks really piss me off. Reminds me of bullshit oldschool NES games would pull.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

I agree. I now farm Act II.

But the reason it's bullshit is because it forces you to the AH in order to be able to do said farming at this point. You're not going to find the kind of damage, armor, resists and attack speed upgrades you need from farming Act I. We have GAFers here who've made *hundreds* of Butcher runs and have next to nothing to show for their time and effort. That's why it's bullshit.

And yea, about 40% of the elite packs feel OP no matter what gear you have. lol. Invul/Reflect + Moartars + Jailer + reflect = fuck you.

In regards to the bolded, how did anyone beat Inferno and get that gear in the first place?

Wallach

Yeah thats bullshit.

To be honest there's no real difficulty jumps like the one between A1 and A2 Inferno.

I've had a weird experience with Inferno. One of the first things that happened after I unlocked Inferno was someone pulling me into an A2 game so I could help them with the last bit of A2 and Belial (which we did in 3 or 4 pulls, thankfully). Not long after that someone invited me into what turned out to be an A4 game. So I have had the ability to jump around to wherever pretty much since I started.

A3 really doesn't feel like a big deal compared to A2. As a DH in fact I think I'd rather farm in A3 because there's less shit that has invulnerability frames and there are much better kiting lanes. What I've poked around with in A4 is harder than that, but a lot of it is really shitty layout for kiting purposes (which I'm sure is intentional) and some monsters that are hard to deal with like A2. But there's nothing like that absurd gulf between A1 and A2 anywhere else in the game, and right now I still feel safer in A3 than A2.

I honestly dont understand why he said 2h users shouldn't use sharpshooter. It's great for bows too.

Because it isn't particularly great for bows. Really it's one of those passives that looks a hell of a lot better than the story the numbers actually tell. The only way to get good mileage out of the passive is to have very high critical damage bonus AND a build where your attacks come out very slowly or irregularly. You'll get more mileage out of just having a snare and running Cull the Weak than you will Sharpshooter in a lot of bow setups.

LordCanti

30k and 3 Flawless Square's to craft Perfect Squares? Whaaatttt theeee fuckkkkk? 90k (plus mats) for twelve extra dex in my pants.

TWELVE.

Does Blizzard realize what else I could buy with 90k? Certainly something that would add more to DPS than that. Good lord, why did I spend the artisan upgrade gold?

Won

Invisible Snakes with shielding are sure up there in the "wtf is the point? How I'm supposed to kill that?" category.

30k and 3 Flawless Square's to craft Perfect Squares? Whaaatttt theeee fuckkkkk? 90k (plus mats) for twelve extra dex in my pants.

TWELVE.

Does Blizzard realize what else I could buy with 90k? Certainly something that would add more to DPS than that. Good lord, why did I spend the artisan upgrade gold?

You're just now realizing how expensive this shit is? To get Radiant Square level it's 3 Perfect Squares and 50k. And to get Star it's 3 Radiant Squares and 80k.

You see how this is exploding? There's still 4 more levels after that, and none of them are findable, have to make them.

The higher level gems are not cost effective right now, but they will be in the long term when more money is in circulation.

Yoshichan

Invisible Snakes with shielding are sure up there in the "wtf is the point? How I'm supposed to kill that?" category.
It's fine.

Then they reach hard berserk-stage :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom