• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wallach

Speaking about Vault... if they added 100% invincibility (from beginning to end of the animation), would that make it broken or something? I've always wondered that.

I can't see how. It's even more timing dependent than SS. Honestly the way Vault works makes it so much less useful than it should be. Besides the fact that it doesn't break CC (which forces SS to be a permanent resident on your hotbar) and doesn't give you any invuln frames, it doesn't even navigate terrain well. If it could backflip over walls and down at least medium size terrain level differences it would be a thousand times better.

Just bought this for 35k, I saw the price and twitch bought it.

t3mFu.jpg

Think I can flip it for a decent amount? I'm sure I will at least get my money back.

It hurts to see Buriza's and GF's looking so worthless compared to other top tier items. I worked my ass of in D2 for these same items
idunno. a level 60 2h with 600 damage?

you asked about "flipping" so I assume you bought it for cheap and are looking to make a profit?

I just don't know man. It baffles me that there's a market above 10k for 600 dps level 60 weapons at all. Legendary or otherwise.

Ferrio

Banned
Just bought this for 35k, I saw the price and twitch bought it.

t3mFu.jpg

Think I can flip it for a decent amount? I'm sure I will at least get my money back.

It hurts to see Buriza's and GF's looking so worthless compared to other top tier items. I worked my ass of in D2 for these same items

Jokes on you, someone already bought it for 10k and flipped it for 35k onto you.

la_briola

I have an Idea. We should make an "Diablo 3 Crafting" thread.
Make three lists, one for each region. Split them in two (for the two professions).
List all items gaffers can do (+4, +5, +6 random properties, gems, etc).

Does someone want to do it, or do we already have a thread?

Wallach

The wind up on his other attack is really long... the wind up on his teleport is like less than half a second. I think I should go on Nightmare and test this out more, especially the glow thing.

I'd say like 30 frames minimum. Shorter than the ranged wind up, sure. Just stare at his feet and you'll pick it up easily.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I have an Idea. We should make an "Diablo 3 Crafting" thread.
Make three lists, one for each region. Split them in two (for the two professions).
List all items gaffers can do (+4, +5, +6 random properties, gems, etc).

Does someone want to do it, or do we already have a thread?
Absolutely.

However we should wait for the patch that makes crafting viable.

Neki

inferno belial is easily the worst designed boss ive ever come across in my life. There is nothing in the world less fair than this fight as a DH

Really? I thought it was a good test of your ability to kite and dodge in contained areas.

or:

how many times I could spam Caltrops

Volodja

someone will be able to make a good business of of just crafting these late-game gems and selling them for 10%-15% above their crafting cost.

It's still cheaper than having to upgrade the jeweler that far.

I'd like a weapon that converts damage to life. that's the only thing I wish my weapon had that it doesn't. I think that's the best damn perk a weapon can have. anything else is just a bonus at that point.
The problem is that damage to life gets cut down by 80% in Inferno.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
It is viable.
We're talking AH-viability here and crafting is nowhere near that. For 100k and materials (worth 30k), you can get a random generated 4 affix item.

For 130k in the AH, you can buy yourself a guaranteed major upgrade for your character.

Ferrio

Banned
We're talking AH-viability here. It's nowhere near that. For 100k and materials (worth 30k), you can get a random generated 4 affix item.

For 130k in the AH, you can buy yourself a guaranteed major upgrade for your character.

130k for an upgrade? Ya maybe right when you hit 60. All my upgrades now cost a mil or more.

People need to stop thinking of the crafting in the traditional sense. Crafting is there to give you a shot at the exact type of item you need, instead of grinding levels and hoping that item drops AND hoping it has the right stats.

la_briola

We're talking AH-viability here and crafting is nowhere near that. For 100k and materials (worth 30k), you can get a random generated 4 affix item.

My +6 boots are the best boots in the AH.

Yoshichan

130k for an upgrade? Ya maybe right when you hit 60. All my upgrades now cost a mil or more.
So save up that money instead of wasting them on random crafting generation :lol

Yoshichan

You're a fool. The amount of money you can gain from crafting is way over what you get from farming.
Haha, whatever you say bro.

Artanisix

inferno belial is easily the worst designed boss ive ever come across in my life. There is nothing in the world less fair than this fight as a DH

I found Belial really easy on my DH actually. The first phase is really easy, just use the Caltrops with immobilize. If the snakes get close to you, they get stunned out of range of attacking you and you can kill them easy. Phase two is the only really hard part, because you have to be ready with SS to dodge his teleporty shit. And then Phase 3 is easy, just burst down with nethertentacles and SS through the strikes you can't dodge.

Yoshichan

Well then, since D3 EU has been a piece of shit for the entire day... I guess I'm starting WoW up! Haven't had a similar issue with that game since TBC.

Neki

I found Belial really easy on my DH actually. The first phase is really easy, just use the Caltrops with immobilize. If the snakes get close to you, they get stunned out of range of attacking you and you can kill them easy. Phase two is the only really hard part, because you have to be ready with SS to dodge his teleporty shit. And then Phase 3 is easy, just burst down with nethertentacles and SS through the strikes you can't dodge.
we got a look alike demon hunter amongst us

you're no demon hunter

Yoshichan

Wallach

Phase 3 is easy so long as the server holds together until you're done. It's definitely a phase where .5 seconds of latency spike at any point is likely to kill you.

Question about the Enchantresses abilities, particularly the ones that increase armor and attack speed. Are those passives that start working as soon as you "hire" her or does she have to cast them?

Looks like I can't connect right now. Connected, authenticated and retrieved, all checked, but it won't load the character menu.

This game...

edit: Error 3006. Problem switching heroes or something

J0dy77

Anyone else noticing that the farm spot in the Den on act 1 has been hotfixed? Or am I doing something wrong?

I got him once and then every time I go back the door is closed.

TheExodu5

Banned
Just sniped these for 1.9million. Absolute steal. :D

gggloves.png

Not sure how much they're worth exactly...I just know it's waaaay more than that.

LordCanti

I can you if you want. shouta@1258

Thanks again for the help.

You should post your build everywhere. It's perfect for keeping enemies off of ranged characters so that they can maximize their DPS.

Finally killed Belial inferno difficulty, i can promise i will never do that fight ever again.

Same. Having just finished it in Inferno with Shouta's help, I have no desire to ever do that fight again. Two or three deaths occurred because I couldn't find any open space to click (that wasn't Belial) so I could move out of the way of his attacks. That isn't good game design at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom