• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.
In regards to the bolded, how did anyone beat Inferno and get that gear in the first place?
By cheesing their way through. There are literally thousands of people right now that couldn't get through Act II if their lives depended on it...spending all day breaking vases in Act IV while avoiding mobs altogether.

I've had just as frustrating ones with my monk, Elite versions of the sand golems in Kulle's area with Teleport, Shielding and Jailer, the main elite had Arcane as well. It was just frustrating because even though I have around 65% reduction from both armor and resistances the minions were hitting me for around 25k damage. In the end to kill them I had to split them up and kill them one at a time, kiting in a circle until my invulnerable CD and Blind were up then attack and continue kiting. Overall it was frustrating and felt like a waste of time.

MAN.

First time I went through the Kulle part...I'd compare it to American Football. Or Rugby. I felt like I had the football and I had to run through and score a touch down by grabbing the blood/body/whatever. The body in particular was surrounded by 3 elite packs. One of them was as you described. another was fast...can't remember the other or the particulars. I just remember juking like Barry Sanders and throwing my hands up when I finally got past them to touch the body. It was like touch the end-zone pylons after falling out of bounds.

That (along with the first story about the sand sharks) were part of my first time in Act II. It (along with dying to the final Act II boss about 25 times) actually made me not want to play Act II anymore. I still haven't tried the final boss again, and that was about a week ago. Just left a bad taste.

In regards to the bolded, how did anyone beat Inferno and get that gear in the first place?
I haven't been watching a lot of streams, so I'm not sure but I could tell you with any certainty. but possibilities that I have seen include:

• Using combinations of items/skills that have been nerfed (energy armor nerfed, endless crit stun nerfed, for example)
  • 4-player teams (soloing is pretty tough as Wiz because all the spells that that require you stand still aren't viable in Act II and beyond unless you're in a party with a tank or 2. can't speak for other classes)
  • a really good drop or two in Act I Inferno (it happens)
  • better success with certain classes with common items
  • skip to late game Acts with public game/party loophole
  • keep buying/trying different gear until something works

If that energy armor nerf hadn't happened, I'd have beaten the game already.

Petrie

Banned
screenqeq.jpg

Figured I'd see if anybody on GAF was in need before I throw this on the AH.

MAN.
That (along with the first story about the sand sharks) were part of my first time in Act II. It (along with dying to the final Act II boss about 25 times) actually made me not want to play Act II anymore. I still haven't tried the final boss again, and that was about a week ago. Just left a bad taste.

Heh my wizard friend was stuck on the final boss for quite awhile, he had to research how to handle phase 1 and 2 and borrow a wizard OH I found to get it done...think it took him a few days. :lol

LordCanti

You're just now realizing how expensive this shit is? To get Radiant Square level it's 3 Perfect Squares and 50k. And to get Star it's 3 Radiant Squares and 80k.

You see how this is exploding? There's still 4 more levels after that, and none of them are findable, have to make them.

The higher level gems are not cost effective right now, but they will be in the long term when more money is in circulation.

I guess I hadn't been paying attention. Someone earlier said that perfect squares went for more than they cost to craft. I took that to mean that the crafting price was reasonable for some reason, when that clearly isn't the case.

30k a pop to craft (plus mats). How much do these sell for?

eek5

It's not uncommon to find decent gear but rarely stuff that you can use. I can't remember the last time I looted an item that was actually an upgrade for me. Everything except one ring I'm wearing is from the AH lol

Shouta

Feels so good to straight tank elites in Act 2 Inferno, barring Arcane Sentries Desecration Pools, and Plagued Pools that are stacked, and just beating them down on my Monk.

scoobs

inferno belial is easily the worst designed boss ive ever come across in my life. There is nothing in the world less fair than this fight as a DH

Djin1979

So i reached the point where I can farm decently ACT II inferno..I did dozens and dozens of butcher runs, but I never found anything good, but I made some money, so i could buy some decent stuff in order to farm act 2... now my question is, can I find a 1000dps 1h weapon and some badass items there?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
inferno belial is easily the worst designed boss ive ever come across in my life. There is nothing in the world less fair than this fight as a DH
There's something even worse than that. The exact same fight but as a wizard.

theta11

I guess I hadn't been paying attention. Someone earlier said that perfect squares went for more than they cost to craft. I took that to mean that the crafting price was reasonable for some reason, when that clearly isn't the case.

I dont think this is true, Flawless squares maybe cause that's the highest that drop, but the only way to get Perfect is to craft at 30k a piece. No idea why someone would then turn around and sell them for less.

RPGCrazied

Warriv's journal has to be bugged. I've done it over 50 times today and I never see him. I always see an abandoned caravan, a caravan with a guy that speaks then dies, bunch of zombies attack, or I find the travelers journal. But no Warriv in sight. :(

Feels so good to straight tank elites in Act 2, barring Arcane Sentries Desecration Pools, and Plagued Pools that are stacked, and just beating them down on my Monk.
will be my next class. something really cool about the monk's style, imo.

There's something even worse than that. The exact same fight but as a wizard.

haha. +1

So i reached the point where I can farm decently ACT II inferno..I did dozens and dozens of butcher runs, but I never found anything good, but I made some money, so i could buy some decent stuff in order to farm act 2... now my question is, can I find a 1000dps 1h weapon and some badass items there?
it's possible yes. absolutely. probable? I think the chances are as slim as any other good roll. but gl and welcome to the Act II farm club!

5 members and growing!

Shouta

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
What changes about the Belial fight in inferno that makes it tough for a wizard? Teleport owns his soul in all the other difficulties. Probably the boss I've had the least amount of trouble with, though Azmodan was also pretty easy.

Evasion tanking is totally viable as long as you have the defense that prevents you from getting one-shotted and the ability to heal that damage up. I'm using this build

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#aZXigh!XUY!ZZbZYc

as my farming build right now. I still die but as long as I avoid the super damage sources, I can still go toe to toe with monsters.

dope. I'll start a Monk as soon as I finish Belial.

>:-|

What changes about the Belial fight in inferno that makes it tough for a wizard? Teleport owns his soul in all the other difficulties. Probably the boss I've had the least amount of trouble with, though Azmodan was also pretty easy.
I haven't tried him in some time. back then I was don't about 35% less dps and had about half the resist. what I was finding tough at that time was the invis trident guys. I kept getting overwhelmed by them during the trident dudes + belial phase.

Diamond skin and energy armor weren't enough, and I didn't want to give up my arcane orb for another defensive move...though I probably should have. I could probably do it now with teleport fracture + frost nova + piercing orb + e. armor + diamond skin or something like that.

I'm pretty sure I can handle that part now. dunno about the final part, but I can probably handle that too now.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
We're not having troubles with the last phase (#3). It's phase 2 (the one where Belial is still "small" and he keeps spawning adds) that is the problem.

Hard to say since consumable AH is down. But here's some simple math.

1 PS - 3 FS + 30k
1 RS - 3 PS + 50k = 3*(3 FS + 30k) + 50k = 9FS + 140k
1 St (Star) = 3 RS + 80k = 3*(9FS + 140k) + 80k = 27FS + 500k
1 FSt = 3 St + 120k (?) = 3 * (27FS + 500k) + 120k = 81FS + 1.62m

So 81 flawless squares and 1.62m just to craft a Flawless Star, assuming of course you have the recipe.

You can see where this is going. By the time you get to radiant star I expect it's roughly 15 million and over 700 flawless gems just to craft 1.

there is absolutely no reason to sell any of these gems cheaper than cost to make on the AH, because you HAVE to make them. The reason the other gems sell cheaper is because you can find them on the ground in Hell and Inferno.

If anything the later gems will be more expensive on the AH, because it's saving you the hassle of collecting materials.

I haven't played barb yet, I may do him next when I get my Monk up to the point that I can comfortably move around Act 3 Inferno.
ah I see, I've gotten decently far in wiz/barb/wd and inferno with DH. Only one I haven't tried is Monk and I'm trying to decide which I want to go forward with as my main second.

Which is why I ask.

zlatko

Banned
I fucking hate how long it takes for ppl to join my games. I'm on Act 4 right at the start on Hell difficulty. I had 3 people finally with me, afked for a sec to pee, come back they all quit...seriously?

Wallach

Difficulty doesn't change the actual mechanics of any of the boss fights. I'm not sure about Wizard but for DH it is just a numbers game of getting to the third phase. To be honest it felt almost the same as the Hell version of the fight to me.

LordCanti

We're not having troubles with the last phase (#3). It's phase 2 (the one where Belial is still "small" and he keeps spawning adds) that is the problem.

Pretty much. I can't do it. There isn't enough discipline to keep both the (invisible until they one shot you) trash at bay, and Belial at the same time.

Shouta

I find Phase 3 harder on Monk if only because he can one-shot me. Phase 1/2 for Monk is faceroll easy, Sweeping Wind and Mantra of Evasion up, stay on him like glue, Breath of Heaven/Serenity when needed. His poison shots are dodgeable and his minions don't pose a threat because they kill themselves from Backlash and Blade Storm, lol.

Yoshichan

Let's not forget the thing that really adds artificial difficulty to that fight.

http://i.imgur.com/lLRqz.png

Intentional design, I ♥ it.
I find Phase 3 harder on Monk if only because he can one-shot me. Phase 1/2 for Monk is faceroll easy, Sweeping Wind and Mantra of Evasion up, stay on him like glue, Breath of Heaven/Serenity when needed. His poison shots are dodgeable and his minions don't pose a threat because they kill themselves from Backlash and Blade Storm, lol.
This, I love though. Parts of fights are easy/hard depending on the class, it's really nice.

LordCanti

I don't suppose you're in NA and want to tank? ^^;

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan

Ah, I see.

Difficulty doesn't change the actual mechanics of any of the boss fights. I'm not sure about Wizard but for DH it is just a numbers game of getting to the third phase. To be honest it felt almost the same as the Hell version of the fight to me.

Some things change. Like in hell, Azmodan will start spawning his dark vortex things right under you. And I'm pretty sure that with Belial, you'll get less and less wiggle room in between the exploding green things.

Dahbomb

I don't understand what's difficult about Belial Phase 3. All of his moves are hugely telegraphed and most can be evaded with the right skills (SS on DH or Vault). Conserve your Discipline and keep on the move. The only problem about the fight is that the hit bubble on the floor for his physical attacks is considerably larger than what the visual indicator is displaying so you can't be anywhere near it. All of his attacks generally one touch kill a DH anyway on Hell and it should be the same on Inferno. I do agree that Belial's Phase 2 is the one that actually gets considerable tougher as you go up in difficulties. Not enough room to be kiting enemies and a boss.

Rakanoth (that boss you fight just before Izual) is completely bull shit for DH. You can't react to his teleport attack because the telegraph animation for it lasts for like a few frames and then he kills you (off screen or on screen, distance doesn't matter either). The animation also looks way too similar to his 2 other attacks that are totally different.

I can't be the only one who finds this boss to be bull shit. Easily in my top 3 most frustrating bosses in the game. Butcher with his instant chain spike comes 2nd... now that's some BS too.

Yoshichan

I don't understand what's difficult about Belial. All of his moves are hugely telegraphed and most can be evaded with the right skills (SS on DH or Vault). Conserve your Discipline and keep on the move. The only problem about the fight is that the hit bubble on the floor for his physical attacks is considerably larger than what the visual indicator is displaying so you can't be anywhere near it. All of his attacks generally one touch kill a DH anyway on Hell and it should be the same on Inferno.
Yeah last phase as a DH is really derp, but again - we're talking about phase 1 and 2.

I don't understand what's difficult about Belial. All of his moves are hugely telegraphed and most can be evaded with the right skills (SS on DH or Vault). Conserve your Discipline and keep on the move. The only problem about the fight is that the hit bubble on the floor for his physical attacks is considerably larger than what the visual indicator is displaying so you can't be anywhere near it. All of his attacks generally one touch kill a DH anyway on Hell and it should be the same on Inferno.

Rakanoth (that boss you fight just before Izual) is completely bull shit for DH. You can't react to his teleport attack because the telegraph animation for it lasts for like a few frames and then he kills you (off screen or on screen, distance doesn't matter either). The animation also looks way too similar to his 2 other attacks that are totally different.

I can't be the only one who finds this boss to be bull shit. Easily in my top 3 most frustrating bosses in the game. Butcher with his instant chain spike comes 2nd... now that's some BS too.
you have to be 100% spot on with the timing, that's a big problem. Especially with vault. As a DH literally everything is a 1 shot kill, so you have to have a 100% perfect round. With the SS nerf it's easy to mess up timing/location. I agree about the other dude, took me TONS OF TRIES to get when he would teleport.

Yoshichan

Speaking about Vault... if they added 100% invincibility (from beginning to end of the animation), would that make it broken or something? I've always wondered that.

Hard to say since consumable AH is down. But here's some simple math.

1 PS - 3 FS + 30k
1 RS - 3 PS + 50k = 3*(3 FS + 30k) + 50k = 9FS + 140k
1 St (Star) = 3 RS + 80k = 3*(9FS + 140k) + 80k = 27FS + 500k
1 FSt = 3 St + 120k (?) = 3 * (27FS + 500k) + 120k = 81FS + 1.62m

So 81 flawless squares and 1.62m just to craft a Flawless Star, assuming of course you have the recipe.

You can see where this is going. By the time you get to radiant star I expect it's roughly 15 million and over 700 flawless gems just to craft 1.

there is absolutely no reason to sell any of these gems cheaper than cost to make on the AH, because you HAVE to make them. The reason the other gems sell cheaper is because you can find them on the ground in Hell and Inferno.

If anything the later gems will be more expensive on the AH, because it's saving you the hassle of collecting materials.
someone will be able to make a good business of of just crafting these late-game gems and selling them for 10%-15% above their crafting cost.

It's still cheaper than having to upgrade the jeweler that far.

I'd like a weapon that converts damage to life. that's the only thing I wish my weapon had that it doesn't. I think that's the best damn perk a weapon can have. anything else is just a bonus at that point.

Wallach

I don't understand what's difficult about Belial Phase 3. All of his moves are hugely telegraphed and most can be evaded with the right skills (SS on DH or Vault). Conserve your Discipline and keep on the move. The only problem about the fight is that the hit bubble on the floor for his physical attacks is considerably larger than what the visual indicator is displaying so you can't be anywhere near it. All of his attacks generally one touch kill a DH anyway on Hell and it should be the same on Inferno. I do agree that Belial's Phase 2 is the one that actually gets considerable tougher as you go up in difficulties. Not enough room to be kiting enemies and a boss.

The wind up on Rakanoth's teleport is pretty long. It's also the only one that causes his entire lower half to glow bright blue, so you always know it is coming. You just need to keep him on screen or it's going to catch you off guard at some point. His adds are a much bigger problem than him.

Just bought this for 35k, I saw the price and twitch bought it.

t3mFu.jpg

Think I can flip it for a decent amount? I'm sure I will at least get my money back.

It hurts to see Buriza's and GF's looking so worthless compared to other top tier items. I worked my ass of in D2 for these same items

Yoshichan

WTF, that's the fucking Grandfather of Diablo 3?!

Dahbomb

you have to be 100% spot on with the timing, that's a big problem. Especially with vault. As a DH literally everything is a 1 shot kill, so you have to have a 100% perfect round. With the SS nerf it's easy to mess up timing/location. I agree about the other dude, took me TONS OF TRIES to get when he would teleport.
But that applies for every boss vs DH above Nightmare.

The wind up on Rakanoth's teleport is pretty long. It's also the only one that causes his entire lower half to glow bright blue, so you always know it is coming.
The wind up on his other attack is really long... the wind up on his teleport is like less than half a second. I think I should go on Nightmare and test this out more, especially the glow thing.

inky

go higher (if US)

edit: saw you put it up for 1.5mil. Might not sell for that high since it doesn't have a dex/int/str, but you never know!

Yea, I did put the starting price at 450k though, so hoping someone bites at least. People don't seem to bid on stuff though, they go for cheap impulse buys most of the time it seems. We'll see =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom