• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evasion tanking is totally viable as long as you have the defense that prevents you from getting one-shotted and the ability to heal that damage up. I'm using this build

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#aZXigh!XUY!ZZbZYc

as my farming build right now. I still die but as long as I avoid the super damage sources, I can still go toe to toe with monsters.

I assume you use a shield since you aren't taking advantage of the Guardian's Path Dodge boost? Or did you simply have to dump it for All as One in Inferno? Assuming you find sufficient all resistance equipment, what would you switch off for in terms of passives?

You don't need the armor boost from deadly reach? I guess dodge is better that armor, so that makes sense.

Dahbomb

I saw Buriza.

It was the first item I searched for when I opened up the AH just for kicks. Even back then it was worth only like a couple 100K. I don't know the economy for it now but even then I realized this weapon is bad in D3 for late game.

a friend awaiting forum confirmation has a question

he's on act 2 of hell and he wants to know what the BEST POSSIBLE BUILD he can use (as a wizard) in hell / inferno

he's currently using..

electocut-lightning blust
archon-pure poiwer
mirror image-duplicate
engergy armo- energy tap
frost nova-bone chill
disintegrate-choas nexus
passive: evoacation-temporal flux-cold blooded

Got a legendary in Inferno Secret Level...

It's level 52. =(

VdtmX.jpg

Shouta

I assume you use a shield since you aren't taking advantage of the Guardian's Path Dodge boost? Or did you simply have to dump it for All as One in Inferno? Assuming you find sufficient all resistance equipment, what would you switch off for in terms of passives?

You don't need the armor boost from deadly reach? I guess dodge is better that armor, so that makes sense.

Yep, I use a shield. Guardian's path isn't good enough until you have the Resists and HP to allow you to take a few hits without the shield. When you can, using it for the extra Dodge is very nice.

If you have the all resistance to get up to 550 or higher, then dropping One with Everything for Guardian's Path is feasible but that requires a very high level of gear IMO. I don't have that kind of set yet so I go with OwE.

Deadly Reach/Keen Eye is not bad but it's a losing battle, at least in Act I/II. By going with damage mitigation, you have to have a high resist/armor/HP level to survive the extra hits you'll be taking. While it is true you get less defensive power by going with dodge, you'll be dodging more than half the hits and the rest just needs to be reduced enough that you can survive and heal it up. Fists of Thunder is faster than Deadly reach which allows you to pummel an enemy and keep your HP up.

As for passives, Transcendence is an absolute must, IMO. Seize the Initiative is almost to the same level as Transcendence but if you can get high armor equipment to make up for it, you could possible leave it off. The other ones are situational depending on gear but One With Everything should be the default unless you're getting like 60-70 All Resist on each of your pieces of gear.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Finished up act 1 today on Inferno. I know I'm no where near ready for act 2(Only have a 775 DPS weapon), 20k DPS overall and about 250 Resists.

Where should I farm? Either for decent items to sell or gold? So I can get to act 2

I am really trying to get a good grasp on whats valued on the AH.

Can some of you AH "pro's" give some good rules of thumb in determining value for an item?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I play WoW, get the Malygos mount first try.

Yeah, Blizzard wants me back in WoW for sure.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Well, they said maintenance would be over by now.

Haha, just noticed the maintenance is now going until 5 AM.

The maintenance was scheduled from 3 to 4 am, but ended up being rescheduled to 1am to 5am. Now thats some scheduling.

imYiJBoLMVu7d.jpg

Just found my first legendary item, looked on the auction house and it seems like the minimum is 200k, and that's with a socket, but has less damage per second overall.

Do you think I could get at least that much or sell it lower?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
imYiJBoLMVu7d.jpg

Just found my first legendary item, looked on the auction house and it seems like the minimum is 200k, and that's with a socket, but has less damage per second overall.

Do you think I could get at least that much or sell it lower?

Lower if you just want to sell it. Its not THAT good, and level 38 players wont spend 200k on an 80DPS weapon. I never spent more than 40k until level 56 or something.

Otherwise you risk having it taking up space for 2 days.

Edit: Besides, a socket on a weapon at that level makes a HUGE difference in DPS. I'd go for the socketed weapon for the same price.

zlatko

Banned
Either Wizard is a magnet for fucking retards, or I need to just stop leaving my games open. My God it's like a fucking drool monkey convention when they join. NOT PLAYED WITH ONE HALF DECENT ONE YET NOPE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom