• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.
imYiJBoLMVu7d.jpg

Just found my first legendary item, looked on the auction house and it seems like the minimum is 200k, and that's with a socket, but has less damage per second overall.

Do you think I could get at least that much or sell it lower?

Uh, I just bought one for 25k and it had way more Dex.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Either Wizard is a magnet for fucking retards, or I need to just stop leaving my games open. My God it's like a fucking drool monkey convention when they join. NOT PLAYED WITH ONE HALF DECENT ONE YET NOPE!
Stop playing NA, bro :p

Sothpaw

dota 2 has hats. see you guys in 2 weeks. diablo 3 on the shelf!

All the people in here talking about Guild Wars 2 crack me up. DOTA 2 is where it's at bros!

Edit: Srry didn't think double posting was possible in a thread that moves like this one.

Mr. Robot

can anybody tell me about how much is this worth:

9TWSy.jpg

i found similar swords in the AH for about 20k

Fuerza=Strenght
Velocidad de ataque = Attack Speed
Matar un monstruo otorga=Killing a monster grants...

I dont know why, but my screenshots come up only in black and white....

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
+100 de Fuerza? Makes it sound like it's worth MILLIONS :D

Hanzou

can anybody tell me about how much is this worth:

9TWSy.jpg

i found similar swords in the AH for about 20k

Fuerza=Strenght
Velocidad de ataque = Attack Speed
Matar un monstruo otorga=Killing a monster grants...

I dont know why, but my screenshots come up only in black and white....

You playing on a black and white monitor? that is pretty badass.

Kaiden

Neo Member
Anyone know how blacksmithing plan drops work? I got one about 10 minutes into Inferno my first time and after grinding Act 1 for ~15 hours haven't seen one since.

Raxus

Anyone know how blacksmithing plan drops work? I got one about 10 minutes into Inferno my first time and after grinding Act 1 for ~15 hours haven't seen one since.

The drop rates are now since they are considered rares or legendaries. I have only gotten 2 BS plans and nothing for jewelcrafting.

Spirit3

So is it normal to download the patch and then have the game repeatedly tell you when you try to log in that you need to download the patch and then kicks you out >.> So annoyed. First day off in two weeks and can't play.

Yoshichan

Im heading to bed. Yet another day that I go to sleep disappointed as fuck. Next time I'll bring women with me.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So drop rates increased? I just farmed all the parts for staff for a while and was getting magic and rares pretty regularly. I even got a Legendary drop. o_O

I think I'm going to change my strategy in this game. I'm going to go pure auction house tycoon, and nothing else. I'll buy items on the auction house that I think I can resell for more than say 20% what I have to pay. And then I'll just do this indefinitely until I have an infinite supply of money. I'll pay someone gold to power level me to level 60, then I'll buy all the best items that exist.

Let's see how well this works out..

zlatko

Banned
Blah. Was soloing Hell final boss for first time. Got him to like 5% not even, and I died. fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

BigDug13

I think I'm going to change my strategy in this game. I'm going to go pure auction house tycoon, and nothing else. I'll buy items on the auction house that I think I can resell for more than say 20% what I have to pay. And then I'll just do this indefinitely until I have an infinite supply of money. I'll pay someone gold to power level me to level 60, then I'll buy all the best items that exist.

Let's see how well this works out..

With only 10 slots, this could prove tough. If you get a few dud sellers preventing you from adding some more lucrative items.

They really need to give you the ability to cancel an auction at any time as long as no one has placed a bid.

Wallach

With only 10 slots, this could prove tough. If you get a few dud sellers preventing you from adding some more lucrative items.

They really need to give you the ability to cancel an auction at any time as long as no one has placed a bid.

The reason they don't allow this is because they've already got a massive undertaking server-wise going on with the current AH implementation. The ability to cancel and re-list would cause a pretty massive increase in the number of transactions. It doesn't sound like much, but it's big enough that I don't know if it'll ever happen.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
LMFAO!

GTFO here with that shit. 100% bull shit lie. Not even close.
Actually this game reminds me of FF14 too. There are some parallells, but that being said, the FF14 lauch was light years more terribad than Diablo. Despite the problems, the Diablo launch went sorta okayish, considering that it could have been much much worse.

LordCanti

Discipline and resistances are the bee's knees in inferno

I still don't understand why a DH would need resistances. Stacking all the resistances you can get, you're still nothing compared to any other class in that sense.

I've heard rumblings of a shadow power based build, but it's not as OP as the crit based build already demonstrated. If it were, the best of the best would be using it.

In any case...congratulations on that sale mr2xxx.

10 max discipline is no joke, that's a whole extra smoke screen. A lot of vitality and a lot of resistance as well, and just to top it off, 3 empty sockets. Easily worth TONS.

Isn't smoke 14? I can't log in right now to check.

I understand your point though, of course. That could be the caltrops that saves your ass. The thing is...there are +10, 3 socket cloaks for way less. Paying for resistances seems pointless to me as a DH.

Huh? How in the world is that worth 3.7 mil? I haven't played a DH at all, but why is this worth so much?
10 max discipline is no joke, that's a whole extra smoke screen. A lot of vitality and a lot of resistance as well, and just to top it off, 3 empty sockets. Easily worth TONS.

zlatko

Banned
Actually this game reminds me of FF14 too. There are some parallells, but that being said, the FF14 lauch was light years more terribad than Diablo. Despite the problems, the Diablo launch went sorta okayish, considering that it could have been much much worse.

Woah necroed up a bit of a late post haha.

At least we agree 14 was on another level of suck, but in those 2 years, there is definitely a game worth playing now, or at least there is for me from what I played the other day. 2.0 really has a chance to turn that game to a complete 180. *crosses fingers*

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I still don't understand why a DH would need resistances. Stacking all the resistances you can get, you're still nothing compared to any other class in that sense.

I've heard rumblings of a shadow power based build, but it's not as OP as the crit based build already demonstrated. If it were, the best of the best would be using it.

Early resistances offer a very large % buff so you get them whenever you can fit them.
Can easily go from 1 to two hits or even 2 to 3 smaller hits.

Good amount of VIT, 10 dsc is very good, +50 is a high res all number, 3 sockets is beast.

The one I found was Yellow (Rare). I'm wondering if they are dropped in each Act and are different, or if there is just a pool that it's picked from.

I found the same one twice in the jail. I think certain deops are tied to certain maps.

Just a guess though

Won

Well, resistances are basically the difference between Belial being impossible and Belial being pretty easy. :p

imYiJBoLMVu7d.jpg

Just found my first legendary item, looked on the auction house and it seems like the minimum is 200k, and that's with a socket, but has less damage per second overall.

Do you think I could get at least that much or sell it lower?

Just sold it quickly for 50k, not too bad. Plus I just found a nice level 30 quiver +80 dex and +11% attack speed. :)

jns

Hey guys, anyone else having problem with a patch? When I log in it tells me there is a new patch and the game will re-start and dl/apply the patch (why doesn't it do this on boot?) Then diabloIII.exe crashes every time telling me the game is already running and nothing else happens. I can't find a place to manually download the patch and apply either (another always online feature?) Is any one else having this issue?

Cheers folks :)

Isn't smoke 14? I can't log in right now to check.

I understand your point though, of course. That could be the caltrops that saves your ass. The thing is...there are +10, 3 socket cloaks for way less. Paying for resistances seems pointless to me as a DH.
it's 14 but left overs from initial smoke screens plus the slow regen should easily net you one more before having to prep.

mr2xxx

Banned
I figured it was worth a bunch since it was a great roll of stats that are actually useful. Didn't think it was going to sell that high but I wasn't really auctioning things off, so I figured why not go high and hope for the best and if not resell it after a couple of days.

Bah, my restarted HC Wizard just died in Act 1 Nightmare. I just got too cocky and thought I could go toe-to-toe with waller/fire chain pack. But they casted perfect walls and pinned me in all three chains :(.

However, the complete demolition that I performed on Act III & IV means I pretty much have to restart her ASAP. As always, onwards and upwards, HC GAF!

Wallach

it's 14 but left overs from initial smoke screens plus the slow regen should easily net you one more before having to prep.

You only need +8-9 Discipline to get 1 additional Smoke Screen per Discipline pool due to natural regen (I say 8-9 because depending on where your regen "tick" is you could be only a handful of frames away from chaining a third SS with only 8, 9 makes it guaranteed).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom