• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wallach

Well that was a big fucking waste of 590K.

I don't even understand how a bug like this makes it into the game. This is some amateur hour bullshit.

What do they look like anyway? The only other movespeed pants I know of is Hammer Jammers and they look foul. I'm not hardcore enough to choose stats over looks that bad.

LiK

I'm using:
Q - Venom Hydra
W - Diamond Skin (2x Absorb)
E - Force Weapon
R - Force Armor
LMB - Arcane Missle (Seeker)
RMB - Arcane Orb (Tap the Source/Celestial Orb)

Passives: Glass Cannon, Astral Presence, Prodigy

But I have ~60k dps, so I'm not sure if this skill build fits you. Maybe switch E - Force Weapon with Blizzard or Frost Nova for a nice CC skill.

edit: Diamond Skin and Force Armor are a MUST HAVE (imho)

i never used Force Weapon. it increases DPS right?

Mitama

Hey guys I just completed Normal and i"ve got a question. If I choose to go back and "change quest" to go play a part of normal over again will it overwrite my progress that I've made in either Normal or Nightmare? Maybe I"m confused.

No, but you'll lose quest progress if you change quests in the middle of your current quest.

Man, as a co-op game this beats the shit out of WoW so badly.

Even better than LoL I would say, just because of how horrible teammates are in that game.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Hey guys I just completed Normal and i"ve got a question. If I choose to go back and "change quest" to go play a part of normal over again will it overwrite my progress that I've made in either Normal or Nightmare? Maybe I"m confused.

Your progress of completing normal wont be erased. You can go back and do random stuff and be fine. Nightmare will just be a dropbox in the difficulty menu. Only think changing quest does is if your in the middle of a # from within an Act, you might have to restart that part.

Ferrio

Banned
Look what dropped for me!

hMzaL.png

Also
KdaW3.png

I have come to the conclusion I am bad at this game and I should feel bad. I simply cannot find a Witch Doctor build that gets the job done in Act II Inferno. I love my Zombie Bear build, because it is the only build where I feel like I stand a chance at murdering enemies, but then I get one-shotted and feel like a scrub. Now toss me up against The Butcher and I make him regret knocking vegetables!

Then, to add salt to the wound, I am having the most atrociously frustrating internet issues with Comcast. I'm dropping packets like they're going out of style and my latency is shooting up to the 1000+ms range every 30 seconds or so. The technician comes out tomorrow, for the second time in a week, but I don't have much faith in these guys. The last tech told me, "honestly, you know more about this than I do."

I don't want to take a break from Diablo 3, since I am enjoying the game immensely. Even if it is flawed. I can only take so many Inferno The Butcher runs before I go crazy, though.

Edit - Here is where my WD is sitting at now:

drlush03.jpg

Kaiden

Neo Member
WWj1T.png

Yaaaaay.

Tempted to buy the other one off the AH since you can get it for ~90k. It probably wouldn't even bee enough to upgrade though. Thoughts?

Make me an offer. I'd rather it go cheaper to a Gaffer.

screenuiu.jpg

These seem pretty damn good, what say you Gaf?

screenhrh.jpg

These seem pretty damn good, what say you Gaf?

Am jelly, but I can't afford either. Let's just say I'm saving up for the Hell Staff of Herding and am not quite there yet. Basically I have no fucking money, got it!

LogicStep

I don't know if I'm the only one that feels this way here but I'm just getting tired/frustrated with this game. I want to find awesome loot but nothing worthwhile ever drops. I can't get enough gold to buy the multi million pieces that are upgrades for me. All of this hinders my progress on inferno which, from act 2 and on, is pretty impossible to make any progress. I dunno, I loved D2 and I was having fun with this game but it just isn't as fun to try and make progress just to get destroyed by those damn special groups.

It's weird because having said that, I can't stop going back to the game. It's like an abusive relationship.

I'm just pretending Act 2+ Inferno doesn't exist for now. It was created for the poopsockiest of the poopsockers, so I'm going to think of it like hardmode raiding in WoW.

Norua

Banned
I was wrong. They didn't change the ending time of the maintenance for the fourth time to 7:00AM, they changed it to 8:00AM. But they apologize.

Ploid 3.0

WWj1T.png

Yaaaaay.

Tempted to buy the other one off the AH since you can get it for ~90k. It probably wouldn't even bee enough to upgrade though. Thoughts?

I was close to tossing the Rage one. Wonder if I still have it, if so it's yours.

Edit: I have the other one, I'll give it to you.

They were meant to be together
f2fe5c78f672162556d781c0fcb0061ddd439002.jpg

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
EU servers maintenance has been extended by 2 hours and should end at 8 AM CEST.
So much for playing before classes.

Mitama

The life convert is what seals the freaking deal, holy shiz. So godlike.

LL is nerfed by 80% on inferno, that's why melee classes love life on hit. Dex is god tier and crit dmg is very nice. Attack speed and dmg% and it would have been a 30m+ xbow but it's still crazy good. Congrats!

Alex

Waller, Illusionist, Vortex, Arcane Enchanted wasps

:lol... fucking bees everywhere, walled in, arcane beams spinning around and if by some amazing feat I get a couple feet away vortex yanks me back into all of it.

Carm

Warriv's journal has to be bugged. I've done it over 50 times today and I never see him. I always see an abandoned caravan, a caravan with a guy that speaks then dies, bunch of zombies attack, or I find the travelers journal. But no Warriv in sight. :(

I got it the other day, random is random. It was on his corpse in camp.

Yeppers

I haven't looked at a ton of top tier items, but this right here is probably the best shit I've seen so far, good god. Lucky bastard, at this point can you even ask for much more from a 2H bow?

While that bow is a fantastic find, they have the potential to be even stronger. If it had rolled with 40-50% enhanced damage and a 20-25% increased attack speed it could of been over 1500dps easy. Either way, grats on the upgrade!

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Witch doctors get to look bad ass. So jelly.

This is me, currently working my way through Act III Inferno and am able to take down 9/10 packs I run across now. Also able to help out friends with Belail, my most hated boss! Working on adding a bit more int and vit, only need 1 more set piece for a good boost. This build has worked wonderfully for me so far, thanks to 25% movement speed bonus as well.

JacHt.jpg

zlatko

Banned
Got a little into Inferno Act 1 as my Monk solo and even took out a few elites/champs along the way. Bought a few upgrades on the AH after with the $ I had secured(only about 80K), but I'm at about 10K DPS and 5K armor.

Wooh! :D

Shouta

Best find yet for me, came from questing as opposed to runs.

5hgw5.jpg

That's so so sexy. What Act?

Anyway, I just upgraded my followers equipment and got my Scoundrel up to 4.5k DPS, Enchantress at 3.8k, and my Templar at 2k (but with lots of all resist!). That should help me some with farming in Act 2 and hopefully Act 3 eventually. My Enchantress beat Belial for me during a farming run an hour ago to boot.

Witch doctors get to look bad ass. So jelly.

This is me, currently working my way through Act III Inferno and am able to take down 9/10 packs I run across now. Also able to help out friends with Belail, my most hated boss! Working on adding a bit more int and vit, only need 1 more set piece for a good boost. This build has worked wonderfully for me so far, thanks to 25% movement speed bonus as well.

http://i.imgur.com/JacHt.jpg
damn yooo, how much did that cost total.

Anyway, I just upgraded my followers equipment and got my Scoundrel up to 4.5k DPS, Enchantress at 3.8k, and my Templar at 2k (but with lots of all resist!). That should help me some with farming in Act 2 and hopefully Act 3 eventually. My Enchantress beat Belial for me during a farming run an hour ago to boot.

What? You can actually do legit damage with followers? I was just using them as buffs/dying machines. Really good follower items and weapons, I guess? I mean really good?

Edit: Wait, my Scoundrel and Enchantress are stuck at level 59. Do you have to actually level them up with you to get to 60?

tch

I CAN'T get Zaven The Alchemist in the Oasis to spawn to get the rainbow liquid or whatever. I've tried like 20 times. Any ideas?

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Waller, Illusionist, Vortex, Arcane Enchanted wasps

:lol... fucking bees everywhere, walled in, arcane beams spinning around and if by some amazing feat I get a couple feet away vortex yanks me back into all of it.

qBhUn.gif

So broke buying stuff Im not to sure if I should have wasted on. All resist gear getting better but damn my damage is shiiiiiit

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
I feel like I am not doing enough damage as a witch doctor. What its a good dps range for a witch doctor at lvl 33?

Cagey

Banned

Act III, from the Battlefront Stores Level 2. Some random hard yellow monster. There's nothing remotely close to the item on the market, so I figure I'm gon' go humongous big and pray there's a wealthy barb out there.

How much did it cost to get your Templar to bad-ass range, and how stable is he? I'm thinking of converting to Enchantress when solo'ing because the Templar is little more than a cute decoy for me.

Shouta

What? You can actually do legit damage with followers? I was just using them as buffs/dying machines. Really good follower items and weapons, I guess? I mean really good?

Just some "cheap" weapon upgrades and rings/amulets. They work just the same as players of so the stats that improve you would improve them. I think both my Enchantress and Scoundrel are using 900 DPS weapons with their corresponding stats. I got them for 100k on the AH (hence "cheap"). The accessories were like 25k-150k depending on the stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom