• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

SleazyC

I haven't looked at a ton of top tier items, but this right here is probably the best shit I've seen so far, good god. Lucky bastard, at this point can you even ask for much more from a 2H bow?
Not mine but...

ibaXTmM0YBH1fe.png

Shouta

Act III, from the Battlefront Stores Level 2. Some random hard yellow monster. There's nothing remotely close to the item on the market, so I figure I'm gon' go humongous big and pray there's a wealthy barb out there.

How much did it cost to get your Templar to bad-ass range, and how stable is he? I'm thinking of converting to Enchantress when solo'ing because the Templar is little more than a cute decoy for me.

Ah, I'll have to try that some then. I can beat Act 3 Elites, depending on what their additional modifiers are and if I separate them or not. I'm going to die alot but can still beat them if need be, heh.

I don't use the Templar much on my Monk because I'm up front anyway but I expect him to do ok. I need to upgrade his shield and his weapon a little further though. His attack speed is a little low because I replaced his IAS with All Resist.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
damn yooo, how much did that cost total.

A lot of man hours of sitting on the AH flipping weapons! Got some good cheap 900+ dps weapons for my barb and monk friends in the process and a ~1100 dps 1h for myself (not cheap). I don't mess with blues though.

Yeppers

Act III, from the Battlefront Stores Level 2. Some random hard yellow monster. There's nothing remotely close to the item on the market, so I figure I'm gon' go humongous big and pray there's a wealthy barb out there.

How much did it cost to get your Templar to bad-ass range, and how stable is he? I'm thinking of converting to Enchantress when solo'ing because the Templar is little more than a cute decoy for me.

Enchantress is godlike. I am surprised more players haven't switched to her yet. I spent roughly 600k on the AH to get her over 5k dps. Her 15% increased damage pool actually hits inferno mobs for 10-15k a tick which is nice. The biggest thing she brings is her charm. It even works on bosses. At the start of siegebreaker fight she charms him and runs him away from me, allowing me to take off over half his hp in my opening burst. Followers rock!

Edit: The important thing to note about followers is they scale strongly off their primary stat. Stacking a ton of Int boosts enchantress damage up really quickly.

xelios

For a Wizard. Intelligence is waht I should focus on?

That is important but, high critical hit % (37%, 42% for arcane orb) and critical damage bonus gave me most of my dps. Some people will tell you attack speed but if your build is resource limited like mine (meaning you can't chain cast forever) then it's not going to help much. It'll raise your #, but it's false damage. Plus you run around a lot in inferno if you don't want to be dead meat.

Dat xbow.

Dat speed.

Dat damage.

What does that mean?

That is important but, high critical hit % (37%, 42% for arcane orb) and critical damage bonus gave me most of my dps. Some people will tell you attack speed but if your build is resource limited like mine (meaning you can't chain cast forever) then it's not going to help much. It'll raise your #, but it's false damage. Plus you run around a lot in inferno if you don't want to be dead meat.

Cool thanks.. I just realised that the magic power depends on the weapon damage :p

red731

For a Wizard. Intelligence is waht I should focus on?

Do you have advanced tooltips active? If not, activate them, press C for inventory and char stats and hover above dext, str, int,...

You will see what is for what class. But to answer your question without you doing anything, yes, int is for wizards, Harry.

ed:beaten by better answ, since I haven't roll wiz yet.

Do you have advanced tooltips active? If not, activate them, press C for inventory and char stats and how above dext, str, int,...

You will see what is for what class. But to answer your question without you doing anything, yes, int is for wizards, Harry.

ed:beaten by better answ, since I haven't roll wiz yet.

I need to spend a bit more time in the game.

Where can I activate the avanced tooltip?

red731

I need to spend a bit more time in the game.

Where can I activate the avanced tooltip?

I meant "hover", in last post.

Somewhere in options - there should be two colums in the menu you are looking for.
Also don't forget elective mode activation if you dont already have it.

Usually when you hover over anything, you will get even more info than just from the text you see.

Also check this video from Kripp - Optimizing settings, etc

I'll keep this in mind for my Witch Doctor, especially since I'm still pretty early and have lots of equipment changing to do.

Ferrio

Banned
I am fucking jealous. :/

Only thing it's missing is attack speed. Even got life steal and insane crit bonus...

But then I saw this...

ibaXTmM0YBH1fe.png

:| :| :|

The bow I got still might do more damage.

The crit damage and dex doesn't add to the DPS listed on the bow. That one has neither.

Dahbomb

10 million free. The other one is hard to rate but real talk people are just going to see 1500 DPS and flip their shit. I looked at it again and it really doesn't have as good stats (no Dex, no Intel, no Crit). It can also go 10 million easy.

I dunno, over 500 dps extra is preeeetty significant.
He might be right, his xbow had Dex plus crit damage. With the Sharp shooter + high dex + high crit builds most people are running, in some scenarios this bow might output more damage.

scy

A bit late but @Attack Speed: Increased Attack Speed is in the game due to them needing a +IAS% stat that only works on the current item. This is why you only see it working on Weapons. Attack Speed Increased by X%, then, is the one the game uses to modify your Weapon Attack speed after the above. However, some Legendary/Set items got the +Attack Speed bonus that is only used by weapons and that's why it doesn't do anything.

Not sure if that can be retroactively fixed, to be honest.

xelios

A bit late but @Attack Speed: Increased Attack Speed is in the game due to them needing a +IAS% stat that only works on the current item. This is why you only see it working on Weapons. Attack Speed Increased by X%, then, is the one the game uses to modify your Weapon Attack speed after the above. However, some Legendary/Set items got the +Attack Speed bonus that is only used by weapons and that's why it doesn't do anything.

Not sure if that can be retroactively fixed, to be honest.

Yeah like on Inna's pants. I'm sure they will fix it somehow since that affects a ton of items and there are already a lot of complaints on the forums.

Gotchaye

The bow I got still might do more damage.

The crit damage and dex doesn't add to the DPS listed on the bow. That one has neither.

I think that's unlikely. Total DPS is base*(dex_bonus+1)*crit_chance*(crit_dmg_inc + 1.5) + (damage from non-crits). At 1000 Dex from other items (low) and 100% crit chance (high), the xbow you found does:
1022.5*13.29*(crit_dmg_inc + 1.5 + .53) DPS

The other one does:
1528.7*11.00*(crit_dmg_inc + 1.5) DPS

So the one you found can only do more damage for very low values of +crit_damage from other sources. For higher dexterity and lower crit_chance, it's worse.

*Edited for small mistake which made the second xbow always better at that Dex and crit_chance regardless of crit_damage.

JynvR.jpg

How much should that go for?

And fuck the butcher, I had 5 stacks of valor and tried him several times and kept hitting the enrage time limit =/

scy

Yeah like on Inna's pants. I'm sure they will fix it somehow since that affects a ton of items and there are already a lot of complaints on the forums.

Boj Angler's can get both, oddly. The erroneous stat doesn't get picked up by Attack Speed searches either which is nice, I guess.

As for fixing it, I don't know. They made it sound like they can't retroactively change the items for when they're buffing Sets/Legendaries down the road. They can't change how Increased Attack Speed functions since it's in the game solely for Dual Wielding weapons to not be overpowered (e.g., they don't impact the other weapon). I honestly think people might be fucked :/

All I know is, I've put off getting Inna's Pants for my Wizard until it gets resolved.

scy

Your damage and Life on Hit need to be higher. =x

Yeah, there really comes a point where Armor/Resist stacking just isn't worth the investment compared to some stat diversity. More damage / Life on Hit (or Life Steal%) helps a lot and it's better value than some raw mitigation stacking.

xelios

Boj Angler's can get both, oddly. The erroneous stat doesn't get picked up by Attack Speed searches either which is nice, I guess.

As for fixing it, I don't know. They made it sound like they can't retroactively change the items for when they're buffing Sets/Legendaries down the road. They can't change how Increased Attack Speed functions since it's in the game solely for Dual Wielding weapons to not be overpowered (e.g., they don't impact the other weapon). I honestly think people might be fucked :/

All I know is, I've put off getting Inna's Pants for my Wizard until it gets resolved.

I got them on my wizard only to find out about this afterward. But I needed the movement speed to reach the 25% cap anyway and it does have my int and vit on it so I didn't get too upset over it. Attack speed is just a luxury I'm adding now anyway since my dps is already so high and with my resource limited build I prefer bigger slower hits rather than running out of arcane power. I really need +arcane power on crit to be on my off hand but I couldn't pass up the +5% crit chance to Arcane Orb (my primary spell atm) in addition to the inherent 8.5% crit chance. I only have +arcane power on crits on my helm atm but it does help at 42% crit.

xelios

If they had vitality or sockets they would be worth a hell of a lot, that's my thoughts. If a frog had wings it wouldn't bump its ass though.

xelios

Any thoughts on the helm I posted?

The easiest piece to find main stat 150-200 on is helm, and 40-60ish all resist is easy to find on a helm (though not cheap in addition to high main stat + vit). The vit is also low. I can't really tell you what to list it for though since I'm not good with the armor market. I just know it isn't worth much.

Main stat 150-200 is easy to find on a helm, and 40-60ish all resist is easy to find on a helm (though not cheap in addition to high main stat + vit). The vit is also low. I can't really tell you what to list it for though since I'm not good with the armor market. I just know it isn't worth much.

Laaaaame lol

eek5

Your damage and Life on Hit need to be higher. =x

It'll cost 100 million to get my dps over 13.7k while maintaining my defenses. I already sacrificed health going in this direction (I was doing 11k dps before) for act 2 because 1k resistances are overkill and I was hitting enrage timer too often since I play with a monk.

At this point it looks like my issue is my HP is too low and I'm unable to heal enough with my % skills (i.e. I should be healing 2500 hp on each revenge w/ 50k hp instead of only 1900) and of course my LOH is too low. I'm not entirely confident that LOH isn't going to be nerfed though and again, going for both HP and LOH is so cost prohibitive at his point. 10-20 million for a 800 dps LOH weapon? and you say my DPS needs to be higher? Make that 50 million. +100 vita / 70-80 resis (like my current armor pieces) armor? Another 2-5 mil a piece. Oh but I need to increase my DPS too? Well I have +100 STR pieces right now so 100/100/70 upgrades? Hello 10 million a piece.

All for what? So I can survive Act 3 that other classes blaze through with blues? I'll get right on it.

I found a better place to farm gold than the Dank Cellar, assuming you have at least made it to Butcher (not necessarily killed him).

What you need to do is get on the quest The Cursed Hold in Act 1. Make it through the Halls of Agony level 2 until you come outside on the bridge. As soon as you hit the bridge there's a checkpoint. Now go back insdie and go down the stairs, and pillage everything in the area. There's corpses and breakable objects EVERYWHERE. You don't have to fight a single enemy, so load up on as much GF and MF as you can fit on your character, sacrificing all other stats. Once all the stuff is pillaged, TP out, exit, and resume quest.

I'm doing this with about 182 GF and 100 MF, and I net about 5k-7k gold every pass through. If you have Movement Speed this will be even faster, but for me it takes on average 1 minute 15 seconds to do a complete pass. This is a net of about 336k gold per hour, far higher than what you get doing Dank Cellar.

Part of the probelm with Dank Cellar is that at least 30% of the time the cellar isn't there and you wasted a good 15-20 seconds. Furthermore, when the cellar is there, a full pass takes longer than 1:15, it's closer to 1:45.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom