• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petrie

Banned
screenjnj.jpg

Is this a decent bow? I don't play DH so it's hard to have a damn clue.

balddemon

Banned
^^yes, gimme ! :D

tired of my barb so started a DH tonight

wow they are fun

it's going to take a bit of time to stop running into the middle of mobs and mashing stomp lol

JDMC13

I'm in this weird place where my gear isn't strong enough to run solo through inferno, and I can't play with my friends' because their gear isn't strong enough to make up for the difficulty increase. I know I have to farm to get upgrades, but Act I inferno doesn't drop good enough gear most of the time.

The only other option I can think of is buying upgrades off the AH, but those cost way more money than I've got. I don't know. Leveling up with my friends was a lot of fun, but now most of them won't let me join their games. I just want to be better, but I just can never seem to get enough farm.

Ashhong

Anybody simply running through Act 3 nightmare right now? I don't want to just skip to Hell and want to finish the Acts first. Doing it alone is boring and public games suck. I'm on the Breached Keep. Level 50 Wizard

Ashhong #1726

T.O.P

Banned
:lol

I think I died once in Hell. Want to buy my old bow? 460DPS at level 52 :p

NA server? totally in need of a new weapon here e.e

460 would be scary good lol, i'm running around with a double 200dps '-_-

Hell Gear is like 5-20k each. That's nothing.

lol i can't find a good deal at all in the AH, lv 53-54 crossbows with decent buffs and dps are all over 100-150k

still, NM was an easy walk and i hardly upgraded anything from the normal run, my problem now are groups, i just can't deal with enemies that approach you THAT fast, just can't find the time to move to a safe zone without being screwed in the process, i fail at ranged combat lol , not even starting on the elites surrounded by invincible ones e.e

Totakeke

Just spent a million gold on a lvl 59 item... i feel stupid but it was pretty good.

Zzucx.png

Got 49 Discipline now.

That thing is a million? I'm always disappointed on the stats on chest/pants/belt pieces. Maybe shoulders too.

I haven't really seen anyone rocking a dual wield hand xbow setup at Inferno, why's that? Sure it probably costs more, but you can get more raw stats out of the setup, no? Then you have extra 10% crit chance which is harder to get than extra 50% crit damage. Bows can't have crit chance but can have crit damage. Quivers can have crit chance but I think it only goes to like 8%? Stat-wise DW seems like a better choice? Not entirely sure how it'd affect skills.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
NA server? totally in need of a new weapon here e.e

460 would be scary good lol, i'm running around with a double 200dps '-_-

lol i can't find a good deal at all in the AH, lv 53-54 crossbows with decent buffs and dps are all over 100-150k

still, NM was an easy walk and i hardly upgraded anything from the normal run, my problem now are groups, i just can't deal with enemies that approach you THAT fast, just can't find the time to move to a safe zone without being screwed in the process, i fail at ranged combat lol , not even starting on the elites surrounded by invincible ones e.e
I checked and I must have sold it for like 70k. You are right, those bows are 130k now.
That thing is a million? I'm always disappointed on the stats on chest/pants/belt pieces. Maybe shoulders too.

I haven't really seen anyone rocking a dual wield hand xbow setup at Inferno, why's that? Sure it probably costs more, but you can get more raw stats out of the setup, no? Then you have extra 10% crit chance which is harder to get than extra 50% crit damage. Bows can't have crit chance but can have crit damage. Quivers can have crit chance but I think it only goes to like 8%? Stat-wise DW seems like a better choice? Not entirely sure how it'd affect skills.
50% crit is worth way more because of sharpshooter imo.
Quivers give you the attack boost and 2h go up to an easy 1100DPS and give you max discp and vit/life%

Also much much more expensive to get two nice 850+DPS 1h

Wallach

So I can no longer select Act 3 Inferno even though I've killed Belial already. I really didn't want to do it again either. Not really sure what happened.

antipod

Beat act 1 inferno late yesterday with my monk. 15k dps, 38k health and around 160 resist all (due to passive). First time I tried the Butcher I killed him but I think it was a close one.

Act 2 was a wake up call but that was expected reading the forum! :) Just played up to after that illusion wall but yeah, time to build on those resistances.

Abylim

I quit.
Well, after numerous hours searching the net fr fixes, trying numerous fixes,I cant play. It gets stuck after the game is upto date, and I click play. Nothing happens.

I'm done. after maintenance, consistent downtimes, and twice now with patches, I'm done. It shouldnt be work to get a goddamn game to play. I'm in inferno, I was getting back into it.
Ohwell, I'll come back to it in a few months I guess.

Played in my new farming spot for a good 2 hours tonight. Seems like a pretty constant stream of 500k / hour if you can get into the routine and just zone out and grind it.

I don't know of a better location right now, especially in Inferno since mobs are typically pretty hard. And of course since it's Inferno you get the occasional nice drop and/or Blacksmithing Plan which is an added bonus.

Thrakier

They told me I needed 10k/1k to make it through A4 so I spent 30-60 mil getting there and it doesn't work. Then they told me I needed 1k LOH so I started grinding before having second thoughts about spending another 20 mil on something that may or may not be the game changer. Now you're telling me I need 25k dps or more which will be even more expensive. I'll just wait for someone else to figure it out.

here are my rings and stuff:
ringsandstuff.jpg

edit2:
I got a 250 LOH ring and it doesn't help. Going to 500 LOH, at least, isn't the answer. Maybe 1200 will be.

How did you even get 30 to 60 million. o_O also thats kinda a broad span...

inky

Got another legendary. Will be another disappointment for sure.

gkSZu.png

=/ At least I know my 200 MF is working well. 2 legendaries and 1 set in 3-4 days.

Petrie

Banned
Got one last drop for the night before bed, I assume this is a solid bow, so if a Gaffer is in need, get ahold of me, Battletag Petrie#1157

screenjsj.jpg

Got my Barbarian to Lvl 42 in Hardcore. Having a blast with him and really enjoying it.

I'm always so nervous with Championship mobs but its been entertaining. I've been min/maxing him every other level to ensure I stay on top of my gear and don't run into issues. So far so good.

They told me I needed 10k/1k to make it through A4 so I spent 30-60 mil getting there and it doesn't work. Then they told me I needed 1k LOH so I started grinding before having second thoughts about spending another 20 mil on something that may or may not be the game changer. Now you're telling me I need 25k dps or more which will be even more expensive. I'll just wait for someone else to figure it out.

here are my rings and stuff:

edit2:
I got a 250 LOH ring and it doesn't help. Going to 500 LOH, at least, isn't the answer. Maybe 1200 will be.

Did I miss something? Where's the All Resist and VIT? Is DPS Barbarian the only way to progress through act 3 and 4? How do you stay alive for more than like 1 hit with this gear?

T.O.P

Banned
I checked and I must have sold it for like 70k. You are right, those bows are 130k now.

yeah not really on my range right now, if anyone got a crossbow or something good for a DH lv52 and needs to get rid of it, i'm in :D

under 50-60k if possible lol

Nitsuj23

Got another legendary. Will be another disappointment for sure.

=/ At least I know my 200 MF is working well. 2 legendaries and 1 set in 3-4 days.

Do you farm on Inferno, if so what Act?

I'm about to hit 60, but I feel like I'd drop too quickly if I sacrificed other stats for MF. I'm just wondering though as I have yet to actually experience Inferno... almost done with Hell.

zoukka

My god Inferno is nice to me. Just fount an amazing farming amulet with:

20 mfind
16 gfind
+damage
+vit
+arcane resist
+str

Too bad blizz still hasn't fixed the goddamn screenshot bug so I can't take any shots of my items :(((((

inky

Do you farm on Inferno, if so what Act?

I'm about to hit 60, but I feel like I'd drop too quickly if I sacrificed other stats for MF. I'm just wondering though as I have yet to actually experience Inferno... almost done with Hell.

Yes, I farm Act1, sometimes the whole thing and sometimes just the last quests (enough to get to the boss with a 5 stack buff). For Act 1 I can sacrfice a lot of stats and not really struggle (i'm barb btw). It is really not that hard and the gear for it is only getting cheaper. Boots that I got for 350k now go for 50k and so on. Act 2 is a whole different beast.

Thrakier

About 15M by being one of the first in Hell, then just crap I found in Inferno from chest runs.

If I kept it up and kept doing Chest runs before each patch I'd easily have 40M if not more.

Weird. No one is ever buying mit shit, I cant sell shit for 50k and I'm not even close to sell something for 500k and I don't even need to think about 1mill.

V_Arnold

About 15M by being one of the first in Hell, then just crap I found in Inferno from chest runs.

If I kept it up and kept doing Chest runs before each patch I'd easily have 40M if not more.

Kinda makes me wonder who is the Treasure Scavenger - the goblin or the hero who farms chests and chests only :p

I have an authenticator and got this genuine email from Blizzard, as confirmed by the in-game notification:

Went directly to their website on another machine, completely changed my password, logged back in, nothing gone. Weird...

So now Blizzard is hacking ours b.net accounts!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha !

There's idiots out there. Idiots with gold.

Remember the weapon I posted in this thread ? The rather disappointing rare 1-hander ?

I just cashed in. Not as much as I had initially hoped (multiple millions), but still much more than it deserved.

I CAN FINALLY BUY SOME DECENT GEAR ! YAY !

Don't be an ass while trading, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom