• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since searching for off-hand sources for wiz's and witch doctors is practically impossible, I'm selling the following for anyone interested

With doctor source
90 - 378 damage range
1 socket

No other stats. PM me if interested

My god Inferno is nice to me. Just fount an amazing farming amulet with:

20 mfind
16 gfind
+damage
+vit
+arcane resist
+str

Too bad blizz still hasn't fixed the goddamn screenshot bug so I can't take any shots of my items :(((((

Huh? What screenshot bug

Uhm, yes you can?
Step one: Print screen
Step two: alt tab, open paint.net
Step three: Ctrl+V ;)

Incidentally, this is not the correct way to take a screenshot. I can only assume you haven't actually tried this :p

The correct way is, on step 2, browse to

C:\Users\<YourUserName>\Documents\Diablo III\Screenshots

and look for the file

Can someone tell me how is the Witch Doctor in Inferno post-Act1 ?

I have a Barb and plan reroling has with 680 resist all I keep getting anihilated in early act2 and nothing worth drops in act 1.

Everyone says how Monk Barb is weak and DH / Wizz is wonderfull, but how about Witch Doctor?

Can someone tell me how is the Witch Doctor in Inferno post-Act1 ?

I have a Barb and plan reroling has with 680 resist all I keep getting anihilated in early act2 and nothing worth drops in act 1.

Everyone says how Monk Barb is weak and DH / Wizz is wonderfull, but how about Witch Doctor?

What's your HP and damage?

Wool

Green Goblin!

Gbac5.png

thats awesome, what are your stats?

Mairu

WD is alright in Inferno Act 2 for me, it's all a matter of gear. Poison Dart allows you to kite enemies from a ridiculous range (e.g. you can kill
Zoltun Kull
in Act 2 without getting damaged at all) and Zombie Bears allows you to spam a ton of damage against mobs.

Of course you'll die a lot (currently running around with ~280 resist all and 19k HP), but fortunately you can kill enemies pretty quickly and skills like Grasp of the Dead and Zombie Wall allow you to come out unharmed surprisingly often.

I'd say WD is pretty much in the middle of all classes, not too great, not completely horrible.

guess it's time to reroll a witch doctor

Act 2 Inferno is wow. Really wow.

First act was hard but doable except when you got some crazy elite combinations. More importantly it was kind of fun. In act 2 the smallest mistake leads to death, it's like a bullethell shooter.

red731

I don't think you have done it many times in Diablo 3. In Diablo 3 this takes a screenshot of your desktop, not of the game.

I am playing in windows fullscreen and every picture with prt scr is screenshot'd in my screenshot folder.
But I will try to hover on item and picture and see if it's okay too.

Jinko

Regarding legendary items -- something discussed significantly already but which I hadn't personally analyzed -- my gut response was that it's silly to obsess over orange colored items, but then I decided that, while irrational, most of our enjoyment of this game is silly and irrational, so this complaint is as valid as many others.

I'm sensitive, however, to making blues completely worthless again, and yellows extremely uncommonly useful, as was the case in Diablo 2. Any blues that dropped were not even looked at; I instantly vendored them. So this would be taking the current problem to the equal and opposite extreme.

Instead, I think the ideal solution would be something like this. I'll use simple numbers to explain the idea:

Legendaries are extremely rare, with only a 1 in 1000 chance of dropping, but are almost always very good.

Yellows are fairly rare, but less frequently useful. Yellows would be 1 in 100 chance to drop, but only 1 in 10 is useful.

Blues are quite common, but very infrequently useful. Blues would have a 1 in 10 chance to drop, but only 1 in 100 is useful.

The end result would be that Yellows, Oranges and Blues all have a 1 in 1000 chance of being useful, but reach those results in different ways. This seems ideal to me, so that each type of loot has a different value to it and none of them is completely worthless.

They could have just made:-

Legendary have 6 stats
Set have 5 stats
Rare have 4 stats
Blue have 2 stats.

Personally I feel if you make something rare it should at least be of use, Legendary is definitely not that.

Sure this means everyone would be wanting Legendary but isn't that what is supposed to happen in these kinds of games ?

I just tested something seems I can run two instances of Diablo III and log into both the EU and US server at the same time, interesting Oo

LordAlu

I've not heard of any bug with screenshots? The correct way to take a screenshot is:
  1. Press Print Screen.
  2. Alt+Tab out (or exit game).
  3. Click Start -> Documents.
  4. Go into the Diablo III folder you see there.
  5. Then the Screenshots folder.
  6. Voila!

Ferrio

Banned
So I finally got five stacks on Neph on Act IV inferno, and killed many more elites past that. Killed Izual. At diablos.

Oh, so Having 49 discipline is freaking amazing. I urge all DH's to get their discipline atleast to 45, then take backup plan. It's night/day how I was before.

zoukka

Huh? What screenshot bug

If there are cyrillic (or whatever) letters in your user folder name the screenshots in the designated folder are blank. For example user for finnish is "käyttäjä" and the ä letter fucks all the shots.

It's infuriating and such a small thing that they refuse to fix.

SyNapSe

I hate those guys that chuck spears in act 3. They fly so fast and seem so accurate. When there are a bunch of them on screen I don't feel like I can even attack

Zzoram

Act 2 Inferno is wow. Really wow.

First act was hard but doable except when you got some crazy elite combinations. More importantly it was kind of fun. In act 2 the smallest mistake leads to death, it's like a bullethell shooter.

Act 1 is designed to be easy since most enemies move slowly and they don't chase you much. That changes in Act 2.

Wallach

So I finally got five stacks on Neph on Act IV inferno, and killed many more elites past that. Killed Izual. At diablos.

Oh, so Having 49 discipline is freaking amazing. I urge all DH's to get their discipline atleast to 45, then take backup plan. It's night/day how I was before.

Max discipline is still very underrated. One of the most powerful stats we have for Inferno.

MrDaravon

Stat/Gear check (didn't want to post pics of all of the individual pieces):

XL3hn.png

Level 35 DH, just hit Nightmare (ran up running through most of Act 1 multiple times on normal hence my level). Except for one thing everything I have on is from the Auction House, my Magic Find usually runs anywhere from 50%-90% (no idea how high I should try to have this). Haven't died yet but on Nightmare already starting to have close calls, and I have no real sense of where I should have my stats be at. Also is Vit or Str/Armor more important? I've had to make some judgement calls on that on equipment but don't know which is preferable.

V_Arnold

BigJonsson: not much, I fear. It lacks defensive stats to really make it a defensive item. No +block, no +vit, no +%life, and not +mf/gf if one goes that route, either.

The only offensives type of shields I personally like are the ones with +crit and +mf/gf, to make them sound reasonable for something like act1 farming (inferno).

Stat/Gear check (didn't want to post pics of all of the individual pieces):

Level 35 DH, just hit Nightmare (ran up running through most of Act 1 multiple times on normal hence my level). Except for one thing everything I have on is from the Auction House, my Magic Find usually runs anywhere from 50%-90% (no idea how high I should try to have this). Haven't died yet but on Nightmare already starting to have close calls, and I have no real sense of where I should have my stats be at. Also is Vit or Str/Armor more important? I've had to make some judgement calls on that on equipment but don't know which is preferable.

I suggest replacing MF with GF - whatever you find will likely only be usefull for your lovel level chars and gold is always usefull.

yep, just took a 40 DEX lost to get a chest with +9 Disc and Hatred Regen. I'm rocking 49 like you as well and never looked back.

Cipherr

Before that..2nd phase as a DH is impossible unless you have 60k dps or something

Same problem I am having. I have stopped trying for the time being. Its rough getting passed phase 2. I can handle phase one, but I would need to get lucky to handle phase 2, or bug belial by getting him stuck on the gate and cheesing my way to P3 then herpa derping to a win. I don't want it like that though. Im going to earn all of my kills, especially on my first inferno clear lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom