• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me in inferno I'm at a point where it cost me a minimum of 500k to get gear that is an upgrade to what I have. Usually more like 1 mil though. Sometimes you can get lucky and find deals.

Everything I have equipped cost like 10-20k or less each. My monk prob has like 20k health, 4.5k armor, 14k dps, 60 resist.

So my goal with 2 million is to double the hp, get to 500 or more resist, find some good IAS, health and spirit on hit gear.

hobart

Looking to buy new gear for every slot.

How far into inferno starting at Act 1 will 2 million on the AH get me if I spend it wisely and get good resist/etc.

Depends on the class.

As a Monk, I had to change my perspective from Hell >> Inferno. Went out and bought heavy defenses (Shield, Resist Gear, decent one-hand upgrade). I think I spent around 500k and I finished Act 1 last night.

Wisely spent, I think you can spend anywhere from 500k-Mill. You'll make good supplemental gold getting through the act.

Depends on the class.

As a Monk, I had to change my perspective from Hell >> Inferno. Went out and bought heavy defenses (Shield, Resist Gear, decent one-hand upgrade). I think I spent around 500k and I finished Act 1 last night.

Wisely spent, I think you can spend anywhere from 500k-Mill. You'll make good supplemental gold getting through the act.
We're in the same boat then and the budget I was hoping for.

So what is act 2 and 3 like for people. Is it costing multi-millions to progress?

I guess Ill get into playing the AH, but I wanted to jump start and get through act 1 by farming gold.

Revoh

I've spent millions upgrading my gear to resist act 2 with my barb in inferno, my DPS went down but my armor and resistances went considerably up. (from 100ish to 600 ish all resistances)
I'm still getting my ass destroyed.

Boken

Banned
Gdamn how much damage does the corrupted angel charge do

I want to slap them so hard when they screech like birds afterwards

crpav

Just finished normal last night with my barbarian. Now onto Nightmare mode.....I am not a super elite at this game so I suck. Took me a few tries to beat the last "dude". I had to switch a few things around and learn the fight but eventually got it. My problem is now as much as I love the game I have so may other games i want to play so I don't know if I will play something else to give Diablo a rest or just start getting my face ripped off in Nightmare(again, I suck).

zoukka

I'm positively surprised about Inferno. I know the true shit hits in act 2, but I've been able to solo my way through every elite for now. Some ridiculous ones too like jailer-arcane-frozen-shield-desecrator and those fucking burrowing leapers as elites are the worst thing ever :D

Mashing

ajtGV.png

hmm not a bad ring

Ahh, brings back memories. Goldy Plate of the Whale, Kings Sword of Haste.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
The game is full of bugs right now : achievements are not available, quest are not triggering or registering...
So everything is completely normal? Excellent!

Does IAS% increase how often a DoT spell hits or does it mainly influence actual attacks?

I'm a WD, 51, heading to 60 so I'm curious if it's a stat I should pay attention to.

(Still rocking a slighlty modified version of my AoE DoT spec in Hell with no problems.)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
They nerfed the Dank Cellar already, I take it? Not getting nearly as much gold as before.

edit: the cellar also seems to be closed 70% of the times now (before it was like 20%)

hobart

I'm positively surprised about Inferno. I know the true shit hits in act 2, but I've been able to solo my way through every elite for now. Some ridiculous ones too like jailer-arcane-frozen-shield-desecrator and those fucking burrowing leapers as elites are the worst thing ever :D

That all changed for me once I got to the path outside of Leoric's Manor. Before that I don't recall dying. Literally... there was a rare pack spawned next to a champion pack. My Mystic Ally didn't want to wait for my signal to go... :/

The Manor is a bit more difficult. Some of the tight corridors combined with dodgy elites (Floor AoE Damage and ensnares) make traversing the Manor rather difficult.

scy

Does IAS% increase how often a DoT spell hits or does it mainly influence actual attacks?

I'm a WD, 51, heading to 60 so I'm curious if it's a stat I should pay attention to.

(Still rocking a slighlty modified version of my AoE DoT spec in Hell with no problems.)

It depends on the DoT you're talking about, really. Though, as far as I know, Attack Speed is just on the cooldown ones (Grasp of the Dead, for instance).

After watching those Kripp videos about Barb, I decided to throw out all my gear for more vit and armor... I have tons of resists at 700s, but not enough vit.

It depends on the DoT you're talking about, really. Though, as far as I know, Attack Speed is just on the cooldown ones (Grasp of the Dead, for instance).

ATM I use, Grasp, Spider Queen, Locust Swarm(leaves acid pools when they die), Spit Acid on the ground with runed Acid Cloud and Gargantuan with stinker(will have to switch to spirit walk, probably soon).

And generic Splintered Darts.

Won

Just rediscovered Life on hit for my DH. That's amazing. Makes dying on Belial in Phase 2 nearly impossible.
Now I need money for some good rings with it.

scy

ATM I use, Grasp, Spider Queen, Locust Swarm(leaves acid pools when they die), Spit Acid on the ground with runed Acid Cloud and Gargantuan with stinker(will have to switch to spirit walk, probably soon).

And generic Splintered Darts.

To clarify, the only thing it does for Haunt, Locust Swarm, and Acid Cloud is that it speeds up their cast animations. I can't double check if these skills use Weapon Damage or Weapon DPS for their base calculation but it's an easy test if someone wants to do it now (I'm at work, etc.).

Grasp of the Dead, due to the cooldown, does scale with IAS% as (Damage * (1 + IAS%)).

To clarify, the only thing it does for Haunt, Locust Swarm, and Acid Cloud is that it speeds up their cast animations. I can't double check if these skills use Weapon Damage or Weapon DPS for their base calculation but it's an easy test if someone wants to do it now (I'm at work, etc.).

Grasp of the Dead, due to the cooldown, does scale with IAS% as (Damage * (1 + IAS%)).

Okay, noted.. thanks a bunch.

Does anyone have any good builds for a Wizard? Im level 55 and duoing on Hell with my buddy who is a monk and while im doing good damage 6.5k DPS I would like to experiment with some different builds to see if I could do more damage. I just got to act two.

Prezhulio

so is there ANY legendaries for lvl60 worth a damn? being trying to catch up on things and thought i read that random stat driven rares are more powerful than ALL legendaries? there's no soj equivalent?

eek5

so is there ANY legendaries for lvl60 worth a damn? being trying to catch up on things and thought i read that random stat driven rares are more powerful than ALL legendaries? there's no soj equivalent?

String of Ears. I don't think any belt roll can get better unless it's like 6 mods and all max relevant rolls but even then, you can't get 20% melee dmg reduction on any item, period.

Stormshield is good just because the predefined rolls are good and it can get good max block but the towers shield can roll better stats (since all SS affixes are rollable and towers has higher dmg block range) although it'd be incredible if it rolled significantly better than stormshield

Wait until PvP updates for powerful Legendaries, but my favorites were Stormshield, String of Ears type of stuff

TommyT

I guess all this attention Athene has been getting is causing the prices of DH items to go up. Nothing good anymore for under 1m. Or rather I'm just at the point where that's the kind of gear I need. Whether it be glass cannon or balanced mitigation gear with good stats everything seems exorbitant with their price.

scy

Well, there's an actual SoJ. Most the standout Legendaries will be in the Rings/Amulets department (Puzzle Ring, Zodiac Ring, Stone of Jordan) or some of the Armors with stats that slot doesn't get (Lacuni Prowlers +Movement/Attack Speed on a Bracer, Boj Anglers +Attack Speed on Boots, String of Ears massive -Melee Damage%).

Weapons, I don't think there's any good ones off-hand.

Naeblish

So just started NM on my Demon Hunter and can't decide what skills to use. Thoughts? (Level 33)
I think ball lightning on elemental arrow and the dot rune with impale are a lot of fun, great aoe and single target damage. Try to use evasive fire a bit, the backflip can make it feel uncomfortable to use in the beginning, but with the tripple damage rune it feels (and is) really powerfull.

scy

The AH isn't bad for finding legendaries that can roll off-part mods. Just search for all armor types then change rarity to legendary and pick your preferred stat.

And if you know the item you're looking for, you can Level + Slot restrict a Legendary search for it. Level 39 Legendary Boots with INT/VIT/Attack Speed search gets me just Boj Anglers with INT, VIT, and the working Attack Speed stat.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Are they going to update set bonuses at some point? Or have they decided to leave them as terrible?

E: They may have...Hard to tell. Some look not terrible now. Some still look like shit.

DSmalls84

And if you know the item you're looking for, you can Level + Slot restrict a Legendary search for it. Level 39 Legendary Boots with INT/VIT/Attack Speed search gets me just Boj Anglers with INT, VIT, and the working Attack Speed stat.

Are they going to fix the boots with the busted stats? If so I will probably hang on to mine because it seems like they cost more now than they did when I bought mine.

Petrie

Banned
The RMAH is going to be so fun...

Just had somebody offer $50 Paypal for a set of 6 stat crossbow plans. How the hell are digital items worth that much?!

scy

Are they going to fix the boots with the busted stats? If so I will probably hang on to mine because it seems like they cost more now than they did when I bought mine.

Well ... they said that they cannot retroactively fix the Legendaries when they do that Legendary and Set update patch so ... it's probably forever useless. Just my thoughts on it, anyway.

I imagine they're worth more now because more people want Attack Speed and not many know that "Increases Attack Speed by X%" only works when it is on a Weapon. Really glad I double checked Inna's Glory before I went and bought a pair :x

Are they going to update set bonuses at some point? Or have they decided to leave them as terrible?

E: They may have...Hard to tell. Some look not terrible now. Some still look like shit.

Which? Last I checked, many of the 60 Sets are pretty bad (Tal's +3% Damages should probably be 5%, Inna's hilariously awful +0.33 Spirit Regen).

Petrie

Banned
Because they'll chargeback as soon as they get them.

Unless you know this person well.

Can't chargeback a PP gift, and I gave him the item first, then he paid. Without any issues.

I'd say I spent about 15 minutes farming specifically this morning, but probably 6 hours overall, much of that AFK.

I figured it was worth the risk, as it's a digital item I don't care about one bit.

Just got this

1QQ72.jpg

What do you guys think? It's a Perfect edition so it's worth loads right?

The guy I sold to was offering big money via Paypal for perfect star designs. Just saying.

DSmalls84

Well ... they said that they cannot retroactively fix the Legendaries when they do that Legendary and Set update patch so ... it's probably forever useless. Just my thoughts on it, anyway.

I imagine they're worth more now because more people want Attack Speed and not many know that "Increases Attack Speed by X%" only works when it is on a Weapon. Really glad I double checked Inna's Glory before I went and bought a pair :x

I might try to auction mine off. Maybe someone will still drop some gold just for the other stats alone.

TheExodu5

Banned

Sure, plenty, actually. Anything that offers movespeed or +attack speed on slots that don't normally will be good. These pants, for example:

brokeninna.png

That is, assuming they fix the +attack speed modifier not actually working at the moment. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom