• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoukka

Aaaand I am unable to kill the ancients in the ancient war sidequest near drowned temple.

And the game punishes you if you kite for too long WTF BLIZZARD YOU MORAAAANS

scy

Sure, plenty, actually. Anything that offers movespeed or +attack speed on slots that don't normally will be good. These pants, for example:

That is, assuming they fix the +attack speed modifier not actually working at the moment. :(

I wish I knew why it even has the Weapon only one. Even in the Beta (when I played it, anyway), the Increased Attack Speed by X% mod was a weapon only stat.

I really do hope they find a way to retroactively fix it but I imagine they'll just remain broken.

Pretty sure those bonuses are the same they've always had. Maybe a DH who's watched them better than me can comment better. Incidentally, 7% Crit as a 2 piece bonus is ridiculous. Monk's get +10 Life per Spirit Spent as the 5 :/

LordCanti

Can't chargeback a PP gift, and I gave him the item first, then he paid. Without any issues.

I'd say I spent about 15 minutes farming specifically this morning, but probably 6 hours overall, much of that AFK.

I figured it was worth the risk, as it's a digital item I don't care about one bit.

The guy I sold to was offering big money via Paypal for perfect star designs. Just saying.

This isn't true at all. You can chargeback with your credit card company. They do not care if you sent via Paypal gift.

You've seriously risked being scammed. I mean, the worst that happens is you no longer have the item, but still.

Just got this

1QQ72.jpg

What do you guys think? It's a Perfect edition so it's worth loads right?

It will be eventually when people can afford to craft them. Who knows what it's worth right now, with no one at that level yet.

Edit: NM, my brain. Perfect not radiant. I see people making Perfect Emeralds to slot into Crossbows. I'm not sure how much the rubies are worth though.

TheExodu5

Banned
I wish I knew why it even has the Weapon only one. Even in the Beta (when I played it, anyway), the Increased Attack Speed by X% mod was a weapon only stat.

I really do hope they find a way to retroactively fix it but I imagine they'll just remain broken.

In the sticky bug section of the D3 forums, it's confirmed that they will retroactively fix them "in a later patch".

To all the WDs trying to survive Inferno, unless you're in Act 1 (and even then), just drop the VQ+Dire Bears combo, it doesn't work. The bears are way too short range and you end up just popping all your cooldowns for VQ, throwing any survivability out of the window.

It's all about kiting, Splinters, 2.00+ Attack speed, 20k dps and some items with about 10-20 +mana regen. Here's my build:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#aZUdkP!VWe!aacZZc

Here are my stats :

http://i.imgur.com/SipwI.jpg

Always keep Grasp up, 80% slow is absolutely huge. That + the wall of zombies and you're in kiting heaven. Not only that, but Grasp and the wall of zombies deal a very impressive amount of damage while you Splinter them like a machine gun. You can switch the stats between more resistance or more health, but I like the resistance. With the Splinters being able to hit monsters not even in the screen, you must try never to get hit. If they get near you, pop Spirit Walk and run away. It's super refreshing not to have to worry about the cooldowns being up like with a VQ build.

The AWESOME thing about FS is that because your attack speed is so ridiculous, you almost always have fetishes summoned around you and they're by far the best pets a WD can have (dogs and gargs being useless in inferno), since they deal great damage and can distract+tank monsters for a while. I usually run around with at least 3 fetishes at ALL times.

Alright sorry for quoting myself, but after extensive playing with this build (I replaced SH with Hex), this is the one working the best BY FAR in Inferno, all acts. WDs in Inferno, try it. I posted a thread with this build on the battle.net forums and it seems like a lot of people are trying and liking it. I'm at 28k dps now after I bought an awesome 800dps cermeonial knife for 300k.

DeSo

Banned
Bring on Torchlight 2, fuck you "Blizzard".

Can't wait to play that game without 200ms latency you cheap pricks.

scy

Ugh, still not too great for looking at set pieces.

Thanks though, still can look at them in an disorganized fashion.

Yeah, don't think there's much better than by slot -> Set filter. Sorry :(

Aaaand I am unable to kill the ancients in the ancient war sidequest near drowned temple.

Enrage timer is kind of necessary to avoid super cheesy tactics but it kicks in way too early. It's a good idea in theory but executed rather terrible :/

In the sticky bug section of the D3 forums, it's confirmed that they will retroactively fix them "in a later patch".

And yet they can't retroactively fix the Legendaries?

zlatko

Banned

Yeah I've fought unkillable things solo as my Monk before. Think it was a group where only the champ is touchable, and rest are perma invincible for his buddies. Add on the health restore stuff from green pools they had and some other bull shit, and I couldn't dent the leader at all.

DSmalls84

Alright sorry for quoting myself, but after extensive playing with this build (I replaced SH with Hex), this is the one working the best BY FAR in Inferno, all acts. WDs in Inferno, try it. I posted a thread with this build on the battle.net forums and it seems like a lot of people are trying and liking it. I'm at 28k dps now after I bought an awesome 800dps cermeonial knife for 300k.

I actually just posted a link to this build but wasn't sure who came up with it. It's a really solid build from what I have tried so far. good job :)

Edit: Are you using Hedge Magic or jinx in your build? Also did you swap out Spirit Vessel since only spirit walk will receive reduced cd time now?

scy

Yeah, WD and Wizards, in my opinion, will be moving towards high IAS%, +25% Movement kite builds. I've been gearing my Wizard for this for awhile and I have some back-up gear for my eventual WD. Honestly just seems like the best way to go.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Pretty sure those bonuses are the same they've always had. Maybe a DH who's watched them better than me can comment better. Incidentally, 7% Crit as a 2 piece bonus is ridiculous. Monk's get +10 Life per Spirit Spent as the 5 :/

Aye, OK. I haven't been watching the set bonuses since I haven't had a piece drop. Tal Rasha's are still miserably bad, but this one stood out to me. 7% crit and 130 dex are pretty nice, ha.

Petrie

Banned
This isn't true at all. You can chargeback with your credit card company. They do not care if you sent via Paypal gift.

You've seriously risked being scammed. I mean, the worst that happens is you no longer have the item, but still.

No but what I'm saying is, I gave him the item first anyways, so if he was going to scam me, he wouldn't have bothered to send a PP gift.

Plus, I hardly consider losing some digital bits to be the end of the world anyways. Whatevs.

Won

Screw the Keep Depths. First a Boss Soul Ripper with Invul minions and jailer. Now an elite group of Soul Rippers with fast and shielding.....

eek5

I really dislike the enrage timer, mostly because some champion combinations are impossible to kill within the time limit. My strategy is usually to just kill 1 or 2, TP back to town then come back and finish the rest.

Screw the Keep Depths. First a Boss Soul Ripper with Invul minions and jailer. Now an elite group of Soul Rippers with fast and shielding.....

I swear, when my monk friend and I play we get shield on EVERY champion pack. As if our DPS wasn't low enough, now we only connect 30% of the time! zzzzzzzz

scy

Aye, OK. I haven't been watching the set bonuses since I haven't had a piece drop. Tal Rasha's are still miserably bad, but this one stood out to me. 7% crit and 130 dex are pretty nice, ha.

Tal Rasha's isn't that bad at massive amounts of Damage. My Wizard's current setup would get a free ~1200 boost from the 2 piece bonus. The issue is the stats you lose for it due to the set design (no fucking INT on the Tal Chest by default?) probably won't let those bonuses actually be good enough to make up for the stat deficit AND be an actual bonus. Especially when, even at 1200 INT, +130 INT is around a 10% upgrade by itself. Kind of makes +3% per tier seem all the worse when Monk/DH get +130 DEX out of theirs.

+5% on it would be better or just giving the Set some actual +Stats on it (and/or more +Random stats so chances of getting a better one improve).

...man, I just made myself sad about Sets again.

Cagey

Banned

As a DH, reflect damage + almost any combo of three additional mods makes me want to toss my computer out a window.

Thanks Blizzard, for punishing me for having awesome DPS. So worth it.

KKRT00

Someone logged into my friend's account today, fortunately he was playing that the same moment, so just changed password on battlenet immediately.

His password was !@B4Yg0n!@ and he has never used it before on any other service!

Its seem people found exploit in Blizzard's auth code.

He hasnt got authenticator.

TommyT

As a DH, reflect damage + almost any combo of three additional mods makes me want to toss my computer out a window.

Thanks Blizzard, for punishing me for having awesome DPS. So worth it.

Nether Tentacle and a bow that gives +life on hit or +damage% to life. Solves that real fast.

Someone logged into my friend's account today, fortunately he was playing that the same moment, so just changed password on battlenet immediately.

His password was !@B4Yg0n!@ and he has never used it before on any other service!

Or he just tells people his password.

zlatko

Banned
Don't want to rustle any feathers, but does Torchlight 2 play JUST like D3 only with less appealing art style/different classes?

Cagey

Banned
Nether Tentacle and a bow that gives +life on hit or +damage% to life. Solves that real fast.

I use both, it doesn't solve much when you factor in how much damage needs to be dealt. Then again, I've not tested this out solo yet.

LordCanti

No but what I'm saying is, I gave him the item first anyways, so if he was going to scam me, he wouldn't have bothered to send a PP gift.

Plus, I hardly consider losing some digital bits to be the end of the world anyways. Whatevs.

You....you gave him the item first? O_O

I agree with you about it not being the end of the world if you were scammed. Just warning other people that most of these people buying via paypal are just out for a quick buck.

I actually just posted a link to this build but wasn't sure who came up with it. It's a really solid build from what I have tried so far. good job :)

Edit: Are you using Hedge Magic or jinx in your build? Also did you swap out Spirit Vessel since only spirit walk will receive reduced cd time now?

I've been using Jinx mostly because Hedge doesn't scale well when you have a lot of health. As for Spirit Vessel, I'd never be able to take that one out. It saves me constantly against fast or ranged monsters (casters, archers... Corrupted Angels in Act 4 come to mind) and the reduced cooldown on Spirit Walk is way too important.

KKRT00

No, he hasnt.

Well then nothing to see here.

What? How is authenticator relevant? Authenticator is just additional layer of security! but it shouldnt be even used by people in first place, if database is secured correctly.
They couldnt brute force this password, they couldnt use dictionary method, so it has to be an exploit.

Someone have a keylogger :)

Lathentar

Looking for Pants

This looks fun. I'll have to try it when I get home. I'll need to find/buy a better 1-H and get some IAS gear. Right now I'm in Inferno Act 1, rolling around with zombie bears build with a 1k DPS 2-H.

Deadly

I suck at dodging Belial's hits jesus. Stupid explosions. I think I might just go to normal and keep practicing to dodge that shit until I think I'm ready

This looks fun. I'll have to try it when I get home. I'll need to find/buy a better 1-H and get some IAS gear. Right now I'm in Inferno Act 1, rolling around with zombie bears build with a 1k DPS 2-H.

In Act 1 you can still do super good with the dire bears+VQ, though it's still pretty dangerous to be so close ranged. And against the Butcher, it's much harder.

TommyT

I use both, it doesn't solve much when you factor in how much damage needs to be dealt. Then again, I've not tested this out solo yet.

Obviously 100 life on hit and 1% damage to health isn't going to help much, but when you have quite a bit of both and the use of NT it helps amazingly. I'm not saying you'll never need to use a pot or anything, but it solves your life being drained issue better than anything else.

Xanathus

There's a ~1500 dps 2-handed weapon on auction right now with active bidding going on and it's up to 10 million now. At the going rate of $20-30 for 1 million gold, it means that people are paying at least $200 for a weapon now.

scy

Trust me i know other methods, but his PC was not compromised.

But i know that guy pretty well, its not a keylogger.

I'm not sure what knowing the guy pretty well would even mean here, to be honest. Blizzard's security having a loophole (or something on their end being straight up hacked) is pretty damn severe. It seems, to me, more plausible that something on your friend's end is the root cause and not that Blizzard's been hacked/has an exploit.

Not saying it's impossible, just that I wouldn't make that call off a relatively non-complex password getting found out.

TommyT

Trust me i know other methods, but his PC was not compromised.

But i know that guy pretty well, its not a keylogger.

:lol this is great. So you know him pretty well and he told you his password. What's to say he wouldn't give it up to someone else who knows him 'pretty well'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom