• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'll basically want +25% Movement and 2.3+ Attacks Per Second for this since it's similar to the IAS% Wizard build. You might be able to get away with less APS when starting off due to Splintered Dart's default cast speed but I'd still aim for getting to 3 APS eventually.

I need to get my WD to Inferno so she can just use my Wizard's hand-me-down IAS% loot. Had my eye on this build for awhile but wanted to get my Wizard up first. That and I fear I'd still want Armor/Resist here where Wizard I can skate by with Force Armor handling the bulk of my mitigation :x

Does pierce the veil work with splintered darts though?

Petrie

Banned
I'm playing for fun anyway though. If I can find a drop that makes that much, I would sell it. Even if would better my player. $50 dollars almost paid for the game.

That was my thought exactly. I ENJOY farming and getting gear, but $50 for a set of digital plans? That's a no brainer, and frankly is worth the risk.

"Whoever you are, I have always depended on the kindness of strangers."

- Petrie

I lol'd

DSmalls84

I'm playing for fun anyway though. If I can find a drop that makes that much, I would sell it. Even if would better my player. $50 dollars almost paid for the game.

Yeah I agree. The original post just asked how it could have that much cash value to someone, and I was saying for some people it's worth it to spend the money vs the required time farming.

scy

Obviously 100 life on hit and 1% damage to health isn't going to help much, but when you have quite a bit of both and the use of NT it helps amazingly. I'm not saying you'll never need to use a pot or anything, but it solves your life being drained issue better than anything else.

Yeah, it seems that a lot of figuring out how to survive Inferno will be people diversifying their equipment. There's way too many people stacking just Resists which is just being blind towards how the system works. Moderate Armor/Resists with good Attack Speed and Life on Hit (or good Life Steal% at super high DPS) goes a lot farther than super high Armor/Resists with no LoH and Damage or, worse yet, moderate Armor with massive Resists (lol 4k Armor / 1k Resists).

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Tal Rasha's isn't that bad at massive amounts of Damage. My Wizard's current setup would get a free ~1200 boost from the 2 piece bonus. The issue is the stats you lose for it due to the set design (no fucking INT on the Tal Chest by default?) probably won't let those bonuses actually be good enough to make up for the stat deficit AND be an actual bonus. Especially when, even at 1200 INT, +130 INT is around a 10% upgrade by itself. Kind of makes +3% per tier seem all the worse when Monk/DH get +130 DEX out of theirs.

+5% on it would be better or just giving the Set some actual +Stats on it (and/or more +Random stats so chances of getting a better one improve).

...man, I just made myself sad about Sets again.

My issue is that +3% damage boost doesn't really make that much of a difference. 1200 damage boost is great, but that's on a 40k+ unboosted damage. It just doesn't seem to give that "WOW" factor you'd expect from getting SUPER lucky to get 2+ of a super rare set.

Petrie

Banned
Yeah I agree. The original post just asked how it could have that much cash value to someone, and I was saying for some people it's worth it to spend the money vs the required time farming.

Ahh, see, I thought you were saying how really I wasn't making much based on the time I spent to get the item, but I definitely see your point then!

scy

My issue is that +3% damage boost doesn't really make that much of a difference. 1200 damage boost is great, but that's on a 40k+ unboosted damage. It just doesn't seem to give that "WOW" factor you'd expect from getting SUPER lucky to get 2+ of a super rare set.

It can't be that rare. I mean, I said I was looking for it a few days ago and 5 people on GAF found one the next day!

But, yeah, it's an underwhelming bonus in concept, even if it's not awful in execution.

Ferrio

Banned
Nether Tentacle and a bow that gives +life on hit or +damage% to life. Solves that real fast.

Not really, do way too much damage in comparison.

Though if people don't know, you don't take damage from reflect if you're SS'ed.

My strat is to lay down mines, and hit SS right before they walk on them.

TommyT

Yeah, it seems that a lot of figuring out how to survive Inferno will be people diversifying their equipment. There's way too many people stacking just Resists which is just being blind towards how the system works. Moderate Armor/Resists with good Attack Speed and Life on Hit (or good Life Steal% at super high DPS) goes a lot farther than super high Armor/Resists with no LoH and Damage or, worse yet, moderate Armor with massive Resists (lol 4k Armor / 1k Resists).

Still for a DH to get through Inferno without being a 'glass cannon' you still need the perfect gear:

dex
vit
aspd
crit damage %
armor/resist

The balance is easily done for act 1. For act 2, slightly more difficult but doable (Belial is the only time I have any issue with this act - 32k HP pool and he has a chance to hit for 32xxx which can kill me). Act 3? Yeah you're needing the best gear which is easily hundreds of millions. This is of course talking about surviving a few (couple?) of hits from a mob while still killing efficiently (see: no enrage timer on champs).

Though if people don't know, you don't take damage from reflect if you're SS'ed.

I guess someone needs to tell my mobs to reflect harder. I'm having no issue with reflect damage and staying alive with the amount of healing being returned and 90k+ crits on a regular basis. Does LoH and L% completely fix the issue of reflect damage? No. Does it help (so that you're not constantly losing so much life so you have to stop dps'ing find and orb or wait for a pot cooldown and can still DPS a mob)? Yes.

scy

Getting a decent amount of Life Steal% or LoH will compensate for the damage reflect. A lot better of an option than dealing damage only when you have the Discipline for SSing. It's possible to make Reflect Damage relatively trivial, even at 70000+ DPS ranges.

LordCanti

So, I saw that you rolled a 10m+ crossbow while I slept.

You lucky bastard.

B> One post izual waypoint

This is what I've been doing too. It works pretty well as long as I stay patient enough to not try to nuke the mobs anyway.

agidot

Holy shit this barb..

stats13.png
(WITHOUT war cry)

Ferrio

Banned
Getting a decent amount of Life Steal% or LoH will compensate for the damage reflect. A lot better of an option than dealing damage only when you have the Discipline for SSing. It's possible to make Reflect Damage relatively trivial, even at 70000+ DPS ranges.

Well I have discipline almost always now (49 max disc + backup plan). I have both life steal on the bow and if I'm using nether, and I'll go down in like 2-3 good hit if I don't use SS.

I have like 60 pots cause I never use them. Can't remember the last time I've survived a single hit.

So, I saw that you rolled a 10m+ crossbow while I slept.

You lucky bastard.

B> One post izual waypoint

Ya I can give you that waypoint, that ghost past it drops shit though.

Nugg

Retrieving Hero List. I can't play. Again. Third day in a row.

I really think I'm done with Diablo, at least for the next few weeks. It's so weird, because I had zero issue since launch day, but I couldn't play at all this week.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
LOOOOOOOOOOL! And that's EU servers getting fucked again.

Hahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahaahahahaha

Adamm

Retrieving Hero List. I can't play. Again. Third day in a row.

I really think I'm done with Diablo, at least for the next few weeks. It's so weird, because I had zero issue since launch day, but I couldn't play at all this week.

Yeah me too, Was working fine for ages - but this week is a disaster

KKRT00

:lol this is great. So you know him pretty well and he told you his password. What's to say he wouldn't give it up to someone else who knows him 'pretty well'.

OLD password and mostly to prove a point that it wasnt weak password. If i havent got it, You would say that it was probably stupid password and its his fault, right?

How does knowing a person equate to knowing their system?

I know how he cares about PC security, is that clearer?

---

Its not like he's the only one that got hacked. His friend was hacked too, at least 6 GAF members were hacked too and hundreds other on the internet.
Assuming that it could be an exploit is quite probable, dont You think?

TommyT

Well I have discipline almost always now (49 max disc + backup plan). I have both life steal on the bow and if I'm using nether, and I'll go down in like 2-3 good hit if I don't use SS.

I have like 60 pots cause I never use them. Can't remember the last time I've survived a single hit.

Ya I can give you that waypoint, that ghost past it drops shit though.

Is there any ghost (at a certain point not specifically a ghost of a person) that drops anything good?

Meier

Beat it last night for the first time. I dunno if I really need to spoiler this or not, but just in case.
Shadow Diablo was pretty tough.. that part took probably twice as long as the other form
. Finished my first play through at lvl 32 as a Barb. For all of the incredible CG and cut scenes leading up to the end, I felt pretty underwhelmed by the final cinematic.

I'd love to see a Starcraft style game in the Diablo universe. The angels remind me a lot of templars.

Cipherr

Still for a DH to get through Inferno without being a 'glass cannon' you still need the perfect gear:

dex
vit
aspd
crit damage %
armor/resist

The balance is easily done for act 1. For act 2, slightly more difficult but doable (Belial is the only time I have any issue with this act - 32k HP pool and he has a chance to hit for 32xxx which can kill me). Act 3? Yeah you're needing the best gear which is easily hundreds of millions. This is of course talking about surviving a few (couple?) of hits from a mob while still killing efficiently (see: no enrage timer on champs)

This is whats annoying me about Inferno right now. I dont want to be a glass cannon that gets one shot by everything, but does 100k dps. Thats not a playstyle I find fun.

Somethings fucked up with our survival that the old SS was hiding. Our primary stat doesnt give us an extra 170 resist like Wizards and Witch Doctors, we dont get a base -30% damage taken like a Barb or a Monk, we dont have the choice of a passive that flat out reduces our damage taken by 20% like Wizards and Witch Doctors, We have no Diamond Skin, no pets that taunt or tank, no percentage based armor increases like the Monk skills or Energy Armor, no Force armor for mitigated damage, and stuff like Caltrops roots, snares and the like get nullified by decreased durations and 'Fast' modifiers as well as 'Teleport' modifiers in Inferno.

I feel like the only way to go with the class is the ONE way everyone else is. Spend millions to get 120k dps and blow shit up then die to some random zombie taking a single swing at me. That might be fun to some, but that shits terribly un fun to me.

the fucking DH gods have just blessed me on this very day

I7cI9.png

I screamed like a school girl when this dropped.

Wow, whats the base damage on the recipe?

v0mitg0d

Good god, I need help.

I'm playing as a Witch Doctor and, just hit level 52 last night in Act 1 Hell and I'm getting owned.

Can any fellow WD out there reveal their strategy and build for me?

I would really appreciate it.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
I vote separate thread for trades.

was considering making an economy thread just for D3. but I know very little about economics and making OTs. plus it would be my first thread and well I can forsee it not turnign out well and ending in a ban.

...but someone else should totally do it.

the OP could keep a spreadsheet of the flux in prices and items and the changes etc.

scy

@Bow Plan: That's an Act 2 drop?

I'm closing on finishing Hell, where do you guys farm in Inferno Act 1?

I like running Leoric's Manor from start to finish. Skeleton King and beyond is an option as it gets you your NV buff early and you'll go through many rares, uniques, mini dungeons, treasure goblins, bosses, etc. as well but it takes longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom