• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordCanti

was considering making an economy thread just for D3. but I know very little about economics and making OTs. plus it would be my first thread and well I can forsee it not turnign out well and ending in a ban.

...but someone else should totally do it.

the OP could keep a spreadsheet of the flux in prices and items and the changes etc.

That's way too complicated. I think it would be easier to just have a thread, and let people post their items in it.

It could be "Diablo 3 Trading OT", and people could get appraisals and stuff in there. It doesn't even really need to have graphics at all, beyond maybe one banner that says "Trading Rules" or something similar.

@Bow Plan: That's an Act 2 drop?

I think my Exalted Grand Crag Hammer Plans came from Act 2, so it's not that unrealistic to see another Exalted Grand drop there.

Wow, whats the base damage on the recipe?

you can pretty much get a 900-1000DPS with a great roll with this recipe. Will be a nice income generator on top of the plans I already have. I would totally craft bows for anyone who wants em....just provide the mats and gold. I have a livestream as well so you can see what kinda roll you get. no extra fee for gaffers. (you can donate if you wish tho)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So glad I made progress today. Blizzard wants me to go out on Friday evening it seems....
I wasn't planning on going out. With Blizzards constantly fucking up lately, I feel like drinking every day.

Czigga

Anyone have any AH pointers for selling? I always check items with similar stats and undercut them and I feel like in general I always price stuff to move. But still, usually my items just don't sell.

Usually I'll leave the initial bid at the default vendor sale price, and put the buyout at 5k-10k less than other Items I find w similar stats.

I feel like I'm covering all my bases but nothing is selling!

It might also just be that I'm not high enough level (lvl 56 WD in Act 2 Hell) and none of my shit is good enough yet. But I do go through everything and only put up stuff that isn't worthless.

But still with my bargain deals I should be selling stuff like hotcakes! Wtf

scy

Its not like he's the only one that got hacked. His friend was hacked too, at least 6 GAF members were hacked too and hundreds other on the internet.
Assuming that it could be an exploit is quite probable, dont You think?

Which seems small scale for something like Blizzard's security having a loophole in it or their own databases being hacked. It seems more probable that these people that have been hacked have something else compromising their security (weak passwords, falling for scams/phishing attempts, keyloggers, shared password being compromised elsewhere, etc.).

I'm not trying to blame the guy who got hacked or anything, just that an exploit on Blizzard's end is really, really severe and it doesn't seem to be the case.

I feel like the only way to go with the class is the ONE way everyone else is. Spend millions to get 120k dps and blow shit up then die to some random zombie taking a single swing at me. That might be fun to some, but that shits terribly un fun to me.

Opiate was trying out things with Shadow Power/Gloom to some decent success last night. Granted, it was I think just Act 1 easy modo and maybe some Act 2 but it's worth a consideration. I do agree that DH's get the shaft as far as defensive stats are concerned since Dodge scaling is pretty awful. DEX is basically the worst defensive stat; Monks get a bit lucky with Seize the Initiative being so good.

I think my Exalted Grand Crag Hammer Plans came from Act 2, so it's not that unrealistic to see another Exalted Grand drop there.

I guess put another way, I had assumed it was +4 Plans in Act 1, +5 Plans in Act 2, and +6 Plans in Act 3, and then ... Act 4 is just there, I guess. Maybe the Legendary recipes.

TommyT

you can pretty much get a 900-1000DPS with a great roll with this recipe. Will be a nice income generator on top of the plans I already have. I would tottally craft bows for anyone who wants em....just provide the mats and gold. I have a livestream as well so you can see what kinda roll you get. no extra fee for gaffers.

!! !! !!

Mind listing all the stuff needed? I'd gladly blow all my gold hoping for some good rolls :lol.

Anyone have any AH pointers for selling? I always check items with similar stats and undercut them and I feel like in general I always price stuff to move. But still, usually my items just don't sell.

Usually I'll leave the initial bid at the default vendor sale price, and put the buyout at 5k-10k less than other Items I find w similar stats.

I feel like I'm covering all my bases but nothing is selling!

It might also just be that I'm not high enough level (lvl 56 WD in Act 2 Hell) and none of my shit is good enough yet. But I do go through everything and only put up stuff that isn't worthless.

But still with my bargain deals I should be selling stuff like hotcakes! Wtf

Are you checking to see if the items you're undercutting have any bids on them? Sure you might undercut something by 30k, but if no one is interested at 100k to begin with they might not be at 70k either. Believe it or not sometimes you just have to stick items up for 12.5k, 20k, 25k and move them.

LordCanti

you can pretty much get a 900-1000DPS with a great roll with this recipe. Will be a nice income generator on top of the plans I already have. I would totally craft bows for anyone who wants em....just provide the mats and gold. I have a livestream as well so you can see what kinda roll you get. no extra fee for gaffers. (you can donate if you wish tho)

What kind of DPS rolls are common? I know 900-1000 is possible, but how low does it go? Lol.

Someone asked me in the thread where I'm selling my Exalted Grand Crag Hammer, and my only response was "Well... I guess you could get 1000+ DPS....maybe"

I think the ambiguity is keeping the price down (1.5 currently, hoping for 2 lol)

j-wood

I understand that the mob combos in inferno mode can be frustrating, but does no one remember d2?

Having a fire sorc was pretty much useless without a party in hell mode because you had mobs totally INVULNERABLE to fire. Same thing for lightning, cold, ect.

OLD password and mostly to prove a point that it wasnt weak password. If i havent got it, You would say that it was probably stupid password and its his fault, right?

I know how he cares about PC security, is that clearer?

Four years ago I was in a TF2 clan and I got to watch a phishing attack take down multiple clans with tech savvy members. All of them cared about PC security. The point is no one is immune to being human.

Besides he wasn't using an authenticator, which provides an extra layer of security, so he doesn't take it as seriously as millions of others.

Its not like he's the only one that got hacked. His friend was hacked too, at least 6 GAF members were hacked too and hundreds other on the internet.
Assuming that it could be an exploit is quite probable, dont You think?

Just speaking from experience...if it was an exploit I would think it would be a really high number of people reporting hacks, like > 50%.

scy

I understand that the mob combos in inferno mode can be frustrating, but does no one remember d2?

Having a fire sorc was pretty much useless without a party in hell mode because you had mobs totally INVULNERABLE to fire. Same thing for lightning, cold, ect.

I honestly think a lot of people just played a different Diablo 2 than I did.

Also, Invulnerable Minions is still shitty :x

Czigga

Are you checking to see if the items you're undercutting have any bids on them? Sure you might undercut something by 30k, but if no one is interested at 100k to begin with they might not be at 70k either. Believe it or not sometimes you just have to stick items up for 12.5k, 20k, 25k and move them.

Ah Ha! That is a great point - I haven't been paying attention to bids on items currently up. I'm sure that will help a lot thanks

What kind of DPS rolls are common? I know 900-1000 is possible, but how low does it go? Lol.

Someone asked me in the thread where I'm selling my Exalted Grand Crag Hammer, and my only response was "Well... I guess you could get 1000+ DPS....maybe"

I think the ambiguity is keeping the price down (1.5 currently, hoping for 2 lol)

I'm getting some materials together for about 5-6 crafts right now. I will post an update in the thread.

Won

Yeah, and now we have mobs that are invulnerable to everything! :p

scy

I am not really a huge fan of Pierce the veil because of the extra mana cost? Have you tried any other passives in it's place or is the damage drop off super noticable?

Blood Ritual lets you get some Life Regen to offset the need for pure Mana Regen. I think going Fetish Sycophants for the build is more for after your Mana Regen can keep up with your dart spam. But I haven't gotten my WD to 60 for playtesting it yet :/

TommyT

Ah Ha! That is a great point - I haven't been paying attention to bids on items currently up. I'm sure that will help a lot thanks

Even if an item is 5m and you don't have the funds to actually make a bid you can still hit "Bid" and see if the next value is more than 5m. If so, that means someone has a bid and there is an interest for that item.

Is this any good? Price?

Blah, quoted the wrong picture lol

It was a helm

Update - Sold for 1.2 million :)

th3dude

Four years ago I was in a TF2 clan and I got to watch a phishing attack take down multiple clans with tech savvy members. All of them cared about PC security. The point is no one is immune to being human.

Besides he wasn't using an authenticator, which provides an extra layer of security, so he doesn't take it as seriously as millions of others.

Just speaking from experience...if it was an exploit I would think it would be a really high number of people reporting hacks, like > 50%.

Pretty much this. You can't claim he's a security-minded person if he thought he didn't need an authenticator.

LordCanti

Even if an item is 5m and you don't have the funds to actually make a bid you can still hit "Bid" and see if the next value is more than 5m. If so, that means someone has a bid and there is an interest for that item.

I usually put my auctions up with a non-standard number (like 125,425 instead of 125,000) in the hopes that people won't check, and will just assume a healthy auction is still going.

Salih

QxSy6.jpg

looked for similiar ones on the AH - ended up seeing same ones for 1-2Million. Are these really that worthy? I wanted to sell it to the vendor lol

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hey D3.NA.GAF, how you enjoying this game?

DSmalls84

Blood Ritual lets you get some Life Regen to offset the need for pure Mana Regen. I think going Fetish Sycophants for the build is more for after your Mana Regen can keep up with your dart spam. But I haven't gotten my WD to 60 for playtesting it yet :/

At 2.0 AS I'm not really having any noticable mana issues, maybe most of the stuff I have been fighting hasnt required enough darts for it to run out though. Seems like it's pretty much a constant stream of darts at that speed though.

I am not really a huge fan of Pierce the veil because of the extra mana cost? Have you tried any other passives in it's place or is the damage drop off super noticable?

If you're using bats/bears then you can't really afford to use pierce the veil. It's strictly for the poison darts build.

TP

All this talk about account hacks scared me into buying a physical authenticator.
I ordered it on on 5/26/2012 11:46 AM and it still hasn't been marked as shipped =\

Order is processed, shipping is next day standard, and I sent a ticket yesterday that they haven't replied to (I know they have a couple days to respond)

This is my first experience with Blizzard and they make it look like they can't get anything right.

scy

I keep forgetting to check this. Hell, I keep forgetting to remember what my min bids were on items I put up that didn't sell :/

Gold 171054
Exquisite Essence 58
Iridescent Tear 11
Tome of Secrets 17

I remember going into D3 crafting thinking those pages/tomes would be a huge bottleneck for the process.

Nope, those fucking Essences.

DSmalls84

QxSy6.jpg

looked for similiar ones on the AH - ended up seeing same ones for 1-2Million. Are these really that worthy? I wanted to sell it to the vendor lol

I'm not sure if I would pay that much just because there is no Dex,Int or Str to go with the Vit on the shoulders. Besides that it is a nice pair.

Yoshichan

QxSy6.jpg

Are you on EU?

scy

I'm not sure if I would pay that much just because there is no Dex,Int or Str to go with the Vit on the shoulders. Besides that it is a nice pair.

Honestly, at the 1200+ Stat mark, you can start affording to lose some stats here and there.

...still, I'd probably not spend 1M on it but I've sold some 0 VIT items for nearly 2M for what do I know :(

eek5

Is there a strategy to
Siegebreaker
(act 3 mid-boss)? I can't figure it out for melee other than tanking his MASSIVE hits. The entire fight is just me kiting him around and getting 5-10 shots in while hes stunned. If I'm lucky he'll get aggro'd to tyrael and I can go WotB and get a lot of shots in. I can't read whether hes going to do his 3 hit combo, grab, or his jump. I think he charges after 3 jumps but it doesn't happen all the time which is a bit mystifying. Also running behind him does no good because apparently he can instantly turn around and do grabs/3hit combos on you while facing the OTHER direction (wtf?).

Also there is no way I'm getting past this part of A3. Those Bloated Malachors hit me for ~15-20k hp and there is no way I can avoid those attacks other than getting lucky and procing a 36% chance block but even then I'm still taking 10k damage. They have the same mechanic as SB where they can attack y ou while facing the other direction. Bleh

Nugg

Well that's a first.

Finally managed to connect, only to be greeted by a 500+ latency. Okay, no biggie, I'll just farm some fun achievements on easier difficulties, right?

WRONG

PCUbe.png

This damn game just won't let me play.

DSmalls84

Honestly, at the 1200+ Stat mark, you can start affording to lose some stats here and there.

...still, I'd probably not spend 1M on it but I've sold some 0 VIT items for nearly 2M for what do I know :(

True. I'm just saying if I was looking for stuff 1 mil would probably be on the high end of what I would pay.

Incredibly burned out on it.

Exactly this. The past 2 days I've done nothing but farm goblins and resplendent chests because I couldn't be bothered to kite champion mobs all day. So much more efficient.

I think most classes are starting to just go pure glass cannon so items with high amounts of int/dex are selling for a lot. Obviously it's not advised for barbs so high strength is pretty pointless.

Deadly

Finally beat Belial. Anyway to for sure save the waypoint? Sometimes it doesn't seem to save. My friend beat him yesterday and he didn't get the Act3 one and I beat an Act4 boss yesterday and it didn't save either..

Ferrio

Banned
Is there any ghost (at a certain point not specifically a ghost of a person) that drops anything good?

I've never had one drop a single rare. Even with 200% MF (that's with the 5 neph stacks).

the fucking DH gods have just blessed me on this very day

I7cI9.png

I screamed like a school girl when this dropped.

Damn damn nice, wish I had :(

Let's have a crafting party? Mind if I throw a friend invite? I might wanna throw mats at you once and awhile.

scy

Hey D3.NA.GAF, how you enjoying this game?

I've had about zero server troubles since like ... launch. Enjoying the game. Yes, even Inferno. Yes, even with my Monk.

Yes, I'm crazy.

Exactly this. The past 2 days I've done nothing but farm goblins and resplendent chests because I couldn't be bothered to kite champions mobs all day. So much more efficient.

I was doing NM Heart of Sin for about 1.7M over the course of the night (~6 hours, I'd guess?). I wasn't going full throttle or anything, just kind of running around killing things, spending way too much time picking up and IDing shitty items to sell, and just kind of enjoying the fact my DH could tank hits again. If I pressed harder, I'd wager I could've pushed it to 2.3-2.4M or so for the night.

300% Gold Find, money amounts are before AHing the like 15 Rings/Amulets I found.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom