• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Won

Anyone here beat inferno with a DH? I see a lot of people on forums/reddit suggesting people to go Glass Cannon mode, but I've tried it and it seems shitty. I'd rather gear up with enough vit/armor/all resist to take 2-3 hits than just concede dying in one hit, it's too frustrating.

I'm almost finished with act 2 and it's been pretty smooth except for those fricking invisible snake guys.

People just don't have any patience and want to beat Inferno right now or something. I'm in the middle of Act 3 and playing a well rounded DH still works, despite not getting a real gear upgrade in a while.

So, for the Staff of Herding, do I need to get the drop from
Izual
or can I just buy the nightmare/hell plans from the vendor?

You can buy them from a vendor in act 4

So I'm in act 4 hell as a DH and
Raknaroth is owning me with his 1 shot warp
any tips?

Petrie

Banned
the fucking DH gods have just blessed me on this very day

I7cI9.png

I screamed like a school girl when this dropped.

This is what I sold for $50.

Deadly

They do but very rare. You'll have much much more chance iof getting something good if you can tackle and elite.
Of course except there's about 0 risk for them and takes maybe 2minutes to run while the elites pretty much own the shit out of me.

Ferrio

Banned
I'm wheeling and dealing on pretty much all the D3 forums. (official and others) 1 Good craft can keep the operation going for at least a week.

Also as you said....shit just dropping.

Ah I don't have patience to trade on forums. Lucky you people are undervaluing them so much, fools.

Tildom

Banned
D3 is a pain in the ass. For Being kicked from the servers specifically. I got a bruise. True Story.

I think Blizzard is seriously encouraging us to play another game.

DSmalls84

Hit Inferno and this was my first Elite. MARDOOK!

How the hell do people live in Tristram when this dude is gooned up right outside the gate?

Took me like 10 minutes to take him and his squad down and I didn't get shit

Haha your just lucky it wasn't Bartuc the Bloody! That dude w/ lightning enchants could kill a Baal run in D2 quick

zou

error retrieving hereos data. Well thats a new one. And auction house down as well.

Seems the only time the game actually works is when everone is at school and work. From 5pm to well after 1am it's constantly crapping out...

zlatko

Banned
TaylorSwift#1379

anybody on gaf can add me if they want to use my crafting. I currently have the following unique recipes

Exalted Grand Doomcaster (+6 Crossbow)
Full Guardian Set (Band, Scabbard & Watch)
Robes Of Rydraelm (Legendary Chest) (first roll crafted this beast http://i.imgur.com/0aUmv.png)

I'm working on getting new recipes pretty much every day. (it's tough and expensive though)

Can you show example stats, and what items to make the items are needed? I'm interested. :)

zou

Another new one! drops have been really good tonight.

error 3003 - unable to connct or connectiom interrupted

I'm surprised they even bothered taking down the "we know we suck" message. Worked for all of 30mins.

LordCanti

I've seen the plan go for 4-5mil on forums. I dunno what that is in real life dolla.

Gold seems to be roughly 25 per mil. So, $100, in other words.

If I had the patience to deal with people clearly trying to scam me, I'd just sell my gold (get all my money back for the game) and be done till the expansion :p

Last game I ever bought from Blizzard. They can go fuck themselves for not letting me play the game even in single player.

scy

Funny thing is that despite we can't log in/play on the EU server, according to the server status site, everything is a-ok.

To be fair, I think most people consider the servers being up in the EU to not be the norm.

I'm actually enjoying the game more after reaching 60, as gear finally starts to matter at that point.

Yup. Pre-Inferno is pretty much boring since the gear will get outdated so it's really just slogging through some levels. Thankfully, I only have to level 5 characters (well, 10 if I go for that achievement) so I'm pretty close to just being done with not-Inferno.

Ferrio

Banned
I'm actually enjoying the game more after reaching 60, as gear finally starts to matter at that point.

Ya it's the gear grinding itch. Having that bow drop yesterday just made it worse. All I can think of now is "Wow if it had dropped with a %damage or socket It would of been so much better... time to farm for one that does!"

Narag

Nether Tentacle and a bow that gives +life on hit or +damage% to life. Solves that real fast.

Didn't have much luck with that on inferno as the life steal of NT is reduced so much.

Usually have to time bursts with SS so I don't blow myself up.

scy

Didn't have much luck with that on inferno as the life steal of NT is reduced so much.

Usually have to time bursts with SS so I don't blow myself up.

Reducing Life Steal must happen, however, otherwise you face 10000+ heals per hit. Even reduced, decent equipment means you're getting 1000+ HP back per hit on NT. That's not terrible. That's more LoH than most people get when gearing for it.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Seriously this logo need a bubble with "Error #37" scream

ibxqXrZfd7xaZn.png

inky

So, fellow Barbs. How much attack speed? Right now I have 2 pieces that give me 15% each (ring+amulet) and an Axe with 1.3 APS for a total of 1.69 APS. The thing is, I am probably at the point in which I need much more defensive attributes in those 2 pieces and finding some that also have AS is quite expensive. So my question is, is frenzy enough for a Barb? Should I aim for 1.7-2 APS or just settle for default in favor of more defensive attributes?

i wanna see blizzard apologists.....

WHERE ARE THEY?!?!?!

I'm a Blizzard apologist--just to counteract the insane amounts of whining.

I think they knocked it out of the park with this game. Almost everything works as it should: leveling, environments, micro, economics (with some small tweaks), UI, hero diversity, etc.

Especially if you compare it to Starcraft or Wow at release, Diablo comes out looking real good--as one of their most complete releases.

Narag

Reducing Life Steal must happen, however, otherwise you face 10000+ heals per hit. Even reduced, decent equipment means you're getting 1000+ HP back per hit on NT. That's not terrible. That's more LoH than most people get when gearing for it.

I'll have to experiment more with loh and reflect damage stuff then. Never really considered it but if it helps nullify that modifier, I'm all for it.

Times like this I wish I had a combat log to look over.

Ferrio

Banned

Wish they wouldn't nerf life steal against reflect mobs though, ugh. The *only* elite that gives me trouble.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
EU... works now?

Finaika

What were you doing that whole time? Pretty sure it took me 10 hours and I was following the story. My playtime is closing in on 45 hours and I'm halfway through act 1 inferno.

I explored all nook & cranny of every map, listen to all of the NPC's dialogue, read all the diaries etc.

Or maybe I'm just slow rofl.

I'm a Blizzard apologist--just to counteract the insane amounts of whining.

I think they knocked it out of the park with this game. Almost everything works as it should: leveling, environments, micro, economics (with some small tweaks), UI, hero diversity, etc.

Especially if you compare it to Starcraft or Wow at release, Diablo comes out looking real good--as one of their most complete releases.

Just a shame you can't use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom