• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desaan

I'm a Blizzard apologist--just to counteract the insane amounts of whining.

I think they knocked it out of the park with this game. Almost everything works as it should: leveling, environments, micro, economics (with some small tweaks), UI, hero diversity, etc.

Especially if you compare it to Starcraft or Wow at release, Diablo comes out looking real good--as one of their most complete releases.

What does that count for when the servers fall over as soon as you try to play it?

Guys, for a wizard, which weapon would be better and why?

iJ2J6dfHQ8nZP.png

idWQCrDS0bg4F.png

Just logged in to find all my stuff gone. I didn't have much time in the game still like 14 hours though. First time I've ever been hacked in any game. Oh well I got plenty of other games to play.

Weenerz

Banned
Taking a break from D3, too many problems and it is very boring. Might continue my hardrun run with areobloust, but other than that, I'll be playing TBOI.

scy

I'll have to experiment more with loh and reflect damage stuff then. Never really considered it but if it helps nullify that modifier, I'm all for it.

Some good Life on Hit (or even some Life Steal% at high, high Damage) really does help. It does feel like a waste to have to get it JUST for Reflect Damage, though. If Crit Damage% wasn't so ridiculously good, I'd just say to socket a good Amethyst in your Weapon.

I do think they overbalanced Life Steal%'s reduction, however. 40% (or even 50%) instead of 20% would probably fare a bit better. Right now, 2.5% Life Steal on a Weapon is roughly equal to 250 Life per Hit at 50k Damage. That's uh ... not that impressive vs 500-800+ Life on Hit mods. Hell, you can socket to 300!

Wish they wouldn't nerf life steal against reflect mobs though, ugh. The *only* elite that gives me trouble.

Look, you have NT and possibly Shadow Power. My Wizard is fucked :x

I do hate Reflect Damage with a passion but I guess I'll just have to step my game up and get some Life on Hit so I can stop melting myself.

What does that count for when the servers fall over as soon as you try to play it?
The funny (or lucky, I guess) thing for me is that in the 55 hours I've spent with the game I can only think of maybe 2 or 3 times when the servers weren't up, and it was never for more than an hour or two. I feel bad for all of the people who've had a terrible experience with all of these server issues but it's hard for me to hold it against the game, personally, especially with how well all of the multiplayer stuff is integrated into the game. This is the first Blizzard game I've ever purchased and it's been more or less what I expected in terms of server stability. Like I said though, I feel bad for all of the people who've had worse luck than mine.

scy

RIP Kungen.

gogogogo HC Wizard?!

The funny (or lucky, I guess) thing for me is that in the 55 hours I've spent with the game I can only think of maybe 2 or 3 times when the servers weren't up, and it was never for more than an hour or two. I feel bad for all of the people who've had a terrible experience with all of these server issues but it's hard for me to hold it against the game, personally, especially with how well all of the multiplayer stuff is integrated into the game. This is the first Blizzard game I've ever purchased and it's been more or less what I expected in terms of server stability. Like I said though, I feel bad for all of the people who've had worse luck than mine.

This, basically. I've had like no trouble playing, loving the game, I love the Inferno gear check wall (because I'm crazy), and I'm just enjoying the discussion for it. This GAF thread and Skype (/Mumble, I guess I should sit in that channel finally huh) is just fun.

first roll of the day....

x7yiF.png

feelin pretty good about today.

dat INT.

Base damage is ehhh, but the crit makes it.

Unless that 33% extra damage isn't factored into the DPS number.

Suddenly I'm thinking that 2 mil is probably too low for the plans I'm selling.

for 170,000 gold though? I will make a nice profit. I'm starting to really fall in love with shit magic drops.

scy

for 170,000 gold though? I will make a nice profit. I'm starting to really fall in love with shit magic drops.

I've been saying for awhile that crafting at 60 will be useful for equipment, though it seems that Act 4 will still have drops that beat crafting anyway. Crafting will just be the easier way to mass produce good items.

Also, time to start farming Essences somehow!

Ferrio

Banned
Base damage is ehhh, but the crit makes it.

Unless that 33% extra damage isn't factored into the DPS number.

Suddenly I'm thinking that 2 mil is probably too low for the plans I'm selling.

Er wait thought you meant crit damage. Yes the % damage is, crit damage isn't.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
hahahahaah.jpg

RIP Europe's last hope of finishing Hardcore inferno pre-nerf (we all know it's coming)

I saw him lose his Wizard in a Hell rift. It was god damn hilarious, because he was just loading it up to show the stream, and then he lost all his health in like, 2 seconds flat, and was very confused as to how it happened.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
lol and people thought Kungen is better than Kripp.

The only thing that can kill Kripp is a d/c (like proven multiple times). How did Kungen die? A fallen killed him?

edit: by the way, I'm joking :p Kungen is my kung.

Trickster

He alt-tabbed for a second lol.

smh. I've been watching his stream for days now. At some pointed he started to play a lot of music on his stream, which meant he would often tab out to switch music and stuff. Dreaded he would die like that lol.

The only thing that can kill Kripp is a d/c (like proven multiple times). How did Kungen die? A fallen killed him?

You actually like kripp that arrogant buffon?

Ferrio

Banned
I've been saying for awhile that crafting at 60 will be useful for equipment, though it seems that Act 4 will still have drops that beat crafting anyway. Crafting will just be the easier way to mass produce good items.

That is correct. The crossbow I had drop was Hellion, which is the highest base damage xbow. Second best is that doomcaster.

How should I be gearing up my DH? I just hit 60 but I'm really stuck in Act 4 Hell since pretty much everything one-shots me.

Are there target levels of Vit/Strength I should have for health and armor values? I've pretty much been stacking as much Dex as possible but it's not really working out very well anymore.

K.Sabot

Kripp plays way more loose than Kungen, takes a lot more damage and generally is less safe than Kungen. I think Kungen had a higher chance of beating it because he played it the most safe.

Kungen died when he alt tabbed to mess with his connection (he's been DDoS'd recently) and stood on that fire grate thing.

eek5

smh. I've been watching his stream for days now. At some pointed he started to play a lot of music on his stream, which meant he would often tab out to switch music and stuff. Dreaded he would die like that lol.

He seriously alt-tabs so much to google stuff :lol It was only a matter of time

Ferrio

Banned
How should I be gearing up my DH? I just hit 60 but I'm really stuck in Act 4 Hell since pretty much everything one-shots me.

Are there target levels of Vit/Strength I should have for health and armor values? I've pretty much been stacking as much Dex as possible but it's not really working out very well anymore.

You shouldn't be stacking any defense. It's one hit or you're dead.

Quick question about weapon stats. Which stats actually are part of the dps on the weapon and don't affect damage other than that. I found a rare crossbow 850dps with dex vit attack speed crit damage and dmg%. Is dmg% the only one affecting the dps and the rest will increase the demon hunters actual damage? I put it on the ah for 1mil last night just going off other rare 800+ dps crossbows, but I'm at work now.

LordCanti

Just sold that plan I had for 2m. Hope I didn't make a huge mistake lol.

When the guy rolls one worth 5m, I'm going to cry. At least I don't have to read about it :p

Enter game, get spammed by gold sellers.

Thanks for the feature, Blizz.

Anyway, is there a list of stats that are capped? Like I remember people saying Movement Speed is capped at 25%.

I was just wondering if there are ones for other things. I want to see if there is a chance on hit stun cap even if the gear caps it at about 12.5%

Dr.Acula

Banned
That was pretty funny to watch, think he forgot to press escape before alt-tabbing.

So awesome, especially considering how much fun he made of his buddy, Dirge, who died after the Butcher when he stood in fire.

Kungen usually has a follower with him in single player too. Not this time.

knitoe

That's why when playing HC, I always port to town before doing something that could get the character killed while idling. If my current character gets killed, I sadly would go back to normal. Don't have the time to keep rerolling on HC.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
EU is down again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom