• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.
And what might this go for?

psU25.jpg

Xanathus

Found another unbeatable inferno elite affix combination, Vampiric and Reflect Damage. Apparently they restore health from the reflected damage so.... infinite health unless you can somehow kill them instantly.

LordCanti

I've gone ten rolls in a row without seeing the Desolate Sands Treasure Goblin. Has he been nerfed?

If so, is there one that hasn't been?

Alcarnus Goblin :3?

With what regularity does he spawn? I watched a YT video (in German, so I couldn't understand a word) that looked like I'd have to take down a lot of mobs on every attempt.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I've gone ten rolls in a row without seeing the Desolate Sands Treasure Goblin. Has he been nerfed?

If so, is there one that hasn't been?
Alcarnus Goblin :3?

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I need a Stormshield (with at least 20% block rate) and a 1K+ DPS 1H weapon with +500ish life per hit.

I'd try to get a 30% Stormshield, but yeah, lol.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Blegh, so I can finally do okay in Act II inferno, heck I can do okay wearing my MF gear (+90% base MF) - but the rares I get are crap. I just got a level 50 rare off an Act II mob. At this rate, I can't see the benefit of farming act II, I can decimate act I with all MF gear no problem - but act II is a struggle that includes the occasional death and the occasional rare pack skip.

I want them to introduce iLVL's so I can finally see if I am really getting gear that is better.

Jinko

Stop dropping gold into crafting. It's really unrewarding. Then you'll have enough for buying upgrades.

Ya know you can get some amazing lvl 60 items from crafting, granted you will probably sink a lot of money in getting the stats you want, but there is a good chance you can make money from the ones you don't.

MuggerMD

Banned
How does DH's 'rapid fire' skill hold up at higher difficulties? It has a good damage multiplier. I am finishing up normal and I have pretty much spammed it for boss fights for an easy take down.

Prezhulio

According to the spammer I saw this am 100k = $2.

jesus. was there ever any confirmation if gold will be in the RMAH for sale? very very interested in the economy of this game down the road.

ah if d3 were only released 11 years ago when i was playing diablo 2 incessantly, i could quit my minimum wage (at the time it was $4.25/hr) bus boy job and play diablo for a summer of income :)

Opiate

How does DH's 'rapid fire' skill hold up at higher difficulties? It has a good damage multiplier. I am finishing up normal and I have pretty much spammed it for boss fights for an easy take down.

It doesn't hold up well right now because it significantly hampers mobility.

Ferrio

Banned
Since someone asked me. Here's how I farmed Act IV

TommyT said:
Which ones in particular, or do you mean just whichever ones you find throughout the act?

Start at the prime evil quest.

First you have to make sure you pick up Tyrion, he's at the area right before the aspects. He'll follow you almost everywhere, and He helps greatly.

I usually start out at the Halls #1 waypoint, as there's usually some treasure chests and some elites right down the stairs. I'll clear out as much as I can, until I hit a pack I can't kill. Then I'll go check other way points and venture far as I can. If I'm finding I'm dying alot (respawn timer at 30) I'll just go do the two aspect ghosts, and then reset the level.

The packs in order of difficulty (long as they don't have reflect)

1. The crawly guys (braindead easy to kill, look for them. They never have reflect either)
2. Succubi
3. Flying guys
4. Oppressors (pray they don't have fast)
5. Fallen Angels

Basic strat is to find an area with two sets of stairs. You lead monsters up a staircase while placing the 3 mines on the stairs (use that one rune),. Then kite them around to the other set of stairs, run down them while settings the mines on the stairs and lead them back down. Repeat this in a loop until they're dead.

Having tactical advanage is a must with your SS on this.

Stuff to watch for:

1. Opressors. Always keep a safe distance. If you can see them on your screen, you're too close.
2. Fallen angels. Spam SS like crazy cause they will kill you in a blink of an eye.
3. The rider skeleton guys. They have a jump attack that's hard to react to.
4. Terror demons. Pretty much unavoidable death unless you get a lucky dodge.

Also there's a nice... ummm exploit with fighting elites. If you can manage to kite them to a zone area. You can pop SS, lay mines down, zone out. Wait a bit, zone in lay mines, zone out. Repeat until dead. They won't attack you cause you'll zone in/out too fast and they're too busy with tyriel. Only time I'd ever use it is against opperssor mobs. And only if I'm close to one of those areas, I was never desperate enough to lead them to one on purpose.

Czigga

Not sure why everyone appraises stuff for the AH. Can't you just search similar stats on the AH itself to see what it's worth?

LordCanti

Not sure why everyone appraises stuff for the AH. Can't you just search similar stats on the AH itself to see what it's worth?

Not really. It's hard to tell what things are actually selling for compared to what things are being listed for.

Then again, for some of the items people ask about, a quick search should bring up that it's pretty much worthless.

Also there's a nice... ummm exploit with fighting elites. If you can manage to kite them to a zone area. You can pop SS, lay mines down, zone out. Wait a bit, zone in lay mines, zone out. Repeat until dead. They won't attack you cause you'll zone in/out too fast and they're too busy with tyriel. Only time I'd ever use it is against opperssor mobs. And only if I'm close to one of those areas, I was never desperate enough to lead them to one on purpose.

I...I should have thought of this. But alas, I did not.

Since someone asked me. Here's how I farmed Act IV

Start at the prime evil quest.

First you have to make sure you pick up Tyrion, he's at the area right before the aspects. He'll follow you almost everywhere, and He helps greatly.

I usually start out at the Halls #1 waypoint, as there's usually some treasure chests and some elites right down the stairs. I'll clear out as much as I can, until I hit a pack I can't kill. Then I'll go check other way points and venture far as I can. If I'm finding I'm dying alot (respawn timer at 30) I'll just go do the two aspect ghosts, and then reset the level.

The packs in order of difficulty (long as they don't have reflect)

1. The crawly guys (braindead easy to kill, look for them. They never have reflect either)
2. Succubi
3. Flying guys
4. Oppressors (pray they don't have fast)
5. Fallen Angels

Basic strat is to find an area with two sets of stairs. You lead monsters up a staircase while placing the 3 mines on the stairs (use that one rune),. Then kite them around to the other set of stairs, run down them while settings the mines on the stairs and lead them back down. Repeat this in a loop until they're dead.

Having tactical advanage is a must with your SS on this.

Stuff to watch for:

1. Opressors. Always keep a safe distance.
2. Fallen angels. Spam SS like crazy cause they will kill you in a blink of an eye.
3. The rider skeleton guys. They have a jump attack that's hard to react to.

what kind of dps is required for this? (as a DH)

Ferrio

Banned
what kind of dps is required for this? (as a DH)

I was at 30k DPS when I started (this is without sharpshooter). I'm at 50k dps now, and I'm not having the issue I was having before.

Also as I mentioned before

Get a quiver and chest piece with +max discipline. Sacrifice Dex if you have to.

My +10 disc quiver is the reason I was able to do this. Now I have a +9 disc chest piece, and this stuff is cake.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So, in Act I, which characters are considered "bosses"?

I know of four, anything else?

Skeleton King
Spider
Warden
Pudge

I was at 30k DPS when I started (this is without sharpshooter). I'm at 50k dps now, and I'm not having the issue I was having before.

Also as I mentioned before

Get a quiver and chest piece with +max discipline. Sacrifice Dex if you have to.

My +10 disc quiver is the reason I was able to do this. Now I have a +9 disc chest piece, and this stuff is cake.

Thank you. :)

In 90% of cases, you're right. Smart searching on the AH will tell you what it's worth.

In fact, I think the AH is an important way of players communicating to each other which stats on items are valuable (not in the $ sense, but in the progressing in the game-sense).

But some items are pretty unique or hard to search for (off-hand sources, anyone?) that it's hard to tell their value. Or you'll see lists and lists of unsold items, giving you no idea as to the price they _would_ sell for.

RDreamer

More proof that the AH is better for getting surprise loot than Butcher inferno runs:

Heaq8.jpg

Just got that for 275k.

I'm not sure if I'm going to use it and sell my old one or sell this. It has to be worth over a million. The closest things I can find are about 3. Really not sure how to price it since there isn't anything like it up.

scy

But some items are pretty unique or hard to search for (off-hand sources, anyone?) that it's hard to tell their value. Or you'll see lists and lists of unsold items, giving you no idea as to the price they _would_ sell for.

I love that sources are hard to find. I have a nice source I'm waiting to finish with amazing stats that was a bitch to find. Due to how hard it is to search for them (and get one with non-shitty damage; seriously guys, Level 60 25-31 Damage?), the possibility of snagging an awesome deal is so huge.

...of course, I want this fixed once I get this source :x

Opiate

My current quiver is:

87 Dex
85 Vit
17% IAS
6% Life
1.1 Hatred Generation
11% Increased Elemental Arrow Damage

Found that yesterday. Best drop I've had in the game so far.

LordCanti

Is the Commodities market back up yet? I have some plans I want to sell if they are worth anything, mainly for 4 Prop piece of Armor.

I'm in the US, is the Europe Market up?

It's not up. Things can be sold on forums though. It's actually better than way (no 15% fee).

Just sell it on a forum, meet up in game, and bam.

scy

They might as well lower auction times to 3 hours because if it hasn't sold in that time, its not going to sell =/

It'll take some time but, hopefully, it should drive prices down so that items actually sell. Would be easier to force them this way if the limit was smaller and there was a listing fee but eh, a bit overkill I wager.

Shouta

I need a Stormshield (with at least 20% block rate) and a 1K+ DPS 1H weapon with +500ish life per hit.

you don't need Stormshields to get 30% Block, heh. I have two of them myself one at 32% and one at 35% after Block stat modifier and very good stats on them.

Ferrio

Banned
Sell the plans. You should get a mil or two easy.

5% on Elemental Arrow isn't too shabby (when everyone is using elemental arrow).

I would rather have gotten +discipline on my Natalya's Chest roll of course =/

I'd take a blue quiver with +10 disc + default IAS than that legendary in a heartbeat.

The current quiver I have now has +10 disc, and some other sorta lame stats. I had replaced it once with one with great stats but no +disc.

I noticed the difference immediately, that +disc makes so much a difference. I had to switch back. People are sleeping on that stat.

LordCanti

What board would be good, I just want to try and price the plans I have.

The official Diablo forum has a trading section. It's where I post anything of real value.

What kind of HP/Resists do I need in inferno act 1? My dps can get 40k+ w/ sharp shooter.

For the glass cannon build? Zero. For anything else? As much as you can get.

There is no reason why a DH should get hit in Act 1. Nothing pops out of the ground or really surprises you at all.

Opiate

Just started a dh a few days ago.
Any differences between hand crossbow, crossbow, and bow?

Hand crossbows are 1hed weapons and can be dual wielded. You gain a 15% IAS bonus for dual wielding, but base weapon DPS tends to be lower and you can't use a quiver which has bonus stats (and can be equipped when wearing a 2her).

Crossbows tend to attack slower than bows. Both are 2hed weapons. The most important difference is that bows provide a 15% damage buff from the "Archery" passive talent, while Crossbows provide a 50% bonus to crit damage from the same passive. Which is better is up to you. For the record, 1hed crossbows get a 10% crit buff from the Archery passive.

Torraz

Inferno Act 1 drops better stuff than Hell Whimsyshire (and ppl say Skeleton King and Butcher drop equally good stuff). Even tho Hell Whimsyshire is harder, IMO.

Then I'm doing something way wrong as a monk. I can farm hell whimsyshire no problem but inferno act 1 (crypts and beyond) tears me apart...

forrest

formerly nacire
I've foudn if it doesn't have +disc on it, it's a bad quiver.

Believe me, I cry at the fact that this quiver doesn't have discipline on it. Everyday. :( But it was priced way too low to pass on it and I have yet to find a strong replacement even with the lack of discipline. Been trying to nab one of those hellcat waistguard belts with Disc and Dex to make up for it. No luck though.

Regarding the plans, I'm a collector and I do like crafting. Also as a Demon Hunter I think selling these would be a mistake.

eek5

You can probably snag a comparable sacred shield around 20-27% block if you only want to spend 5 million.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The official Diablo forum has a trading section. It's where I post anything of real value.

For the glass cannon build? Zero. For anything else? As much as you can get.

There is no reason why a DH should get hit in Act 1. Nothing pops out of the ground or really surprises you at all.

Pudge's fanning hook gets my DH friend a lot.

Also, since I am only really looking to price them now, here are the 3 Recipes I have, do you know how much they may be worth?

Exalted Sovereign Mail (Chest Armor with 4 Props) [Have two of these]
Exalted Pallium (Shoulder Armor with 4 props)
Exalted Dread Shield (Shield with 4 props)

DSmalls84

They might as well lower auction times to 3 hours because if it hasn't sold in that time, its not going to sell =/

Not always true. I listed one around 6:30 yesterday evening and when I logged off it was still there. I woke up this morning and it was sold. I think it mostly just depends on how many of the same item are up there. I have been selling off my legendary gear and it takes a little longer, but there are usually a ton of listings to wade through for each item. I have found that pricing is key to the AH.

God damn this is annoying. At a part in the game where it hadnt hit a checkpoint yet, teleport back to town to "pause" game. Come back 20 mins later. "you have been disconnected from blizzards server"

lost about 45 mins of gameplay easily. Really annoying shit.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim

Also, since I am only really looking to price them now, here are the 3 Recipes I have, do you know how much they may be worth?

4 Props are worth crap tmk.
5 is slightly better
6 is where all the millions are.

LordCanti

Exalted Grands go for millions. Anything less seems to be in the tens of thousands to a few hundred thousand range.

4 Props are worth crap tmk.
5 is slightly better
6 is where all the millions are.

Yup. Someone might bite though, you never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom