• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
The lag has been awful today. Swinging at shit that isn't there, and then finding out that I died like two minuets ago.

Last evening I was having an absolutely awful time dealing with Act II Inferno, alongside Comcast issues. I tried to play around with varying Witch Doctor spells and builds and walked away just as frustrated as when I started.

I came upon this post and went ahead and gave it a try on Act I Inferno through the Crypts to King Leoric. Here's my commentary on a few select things:

Soul Harvest (Siphon)
I used this, maybe, twice. Sure, Soul Harvest is an amazing DPS boost, but mobs weren't ever getting close enough to me to use this.

Wall of Zombies (Unrelenting Grip)
Last night I had tried barricade, but, and this is more my problem, I can't figure out how to use this spell. Do I cast it on the mob? In front of me? Between me and the mob?

Fetish Army (Head Hunters)
Fetish Army practically seems like a must, if you're going to have pets, since they don't have health. Though I am curious why you would choose to have two more fetishists dealing poison damage, rather than decrease the CD.

Personally, I might toss out Soul Harvest and replace it with Hex (Hedge Magic). The occasional healing and CC might be useful, though I've not tested this in Act II. And I am finding Fetish Sycophants to be a mixed bag Passive Skill. It's not something I can count on all the time. I'm thinking Bad Medicine as a possible replacement, to complement Poison Darts and to keep some mobs from rushing me.

Here's my character's stats, with this build:

drlush04.jpg

Yeah I posted a quick update this morning, I replaced SH with Hex. As for the Wall of Zombies, I always try to cast it on the mob that's closest to me so that it stuns him and blocks the rest of the monsters behind it.

For Fetish Army, it's a question of preference but since the fetishes act as bodyguards, I want to have as many of them as possible. Since those 2 extras are ranged, they tend to stay by my side and distract monsters that get too close to me (they die quickly but it buys me enough time to run away). And don't underestimate the importance of Fetish Sycophants, trust me, they saved my butt countless times against elite packs. You really need to get about 2.00 attack speed for it to be noticeably useful though, I have 2.40. With monsters all one shotting me in Act 4, I couldn't do as well as I'm doing now without the fetishes.

forrest

formerly nacire
Yeah, +Discipline is such a big deal especially with +9/+10 as possible bonuses. That's +33% to your resource! On one slot!

Well I'd love the extra discipline and at some point I'm sure the recipe will provide me a great roll, but the legendary I'm using has gotten me to inferno diablo thus far. So while having it would be great, passing on this one for it's price just wasn't going to happen. I'm sure I'll make money on the resale as well.

Mashing

9/10 Disc on quiver or no sale. having 45-50 Disc is HUGE! ALL DAT SMOKE SCREEN

I'm confused as to how 1.5 secs of invulnerability makes much difference. Unless you can kill champion mobs in 1.5 seconds, you're going to die because of the CD on SS. Do you slot vault? I guess I'm not using it correctly as it doesn't save me that often.

I'm not in inferno btw, just nightmare so far.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Also once you hit 45 discipline, it makes backup plan worth it over Focused Mind.
I have 40 some disc. and chaining together 3 Preperations is basically the best thing ever.
I'm confused as to how 1.5 secs of invulnerability makes much difference. Unless you can kill champion mobs in 1.5 seconds, you're going to die because of the CD on SS. Do you slot vault? I guess I'm not using it correctly as it doesn't save me that often.

Everything one hits you with tiny amounts of startup in Act 2. Every mobs has mortar or reflect damage. Vault's initial delay is too much.

You need 1.5s to run from a walled, molten, arcane sentry filled champ that one hits you instantly.

Ferrio

Banned

In combination with tactical advantage it's the perfect kiting tool. Tactical advantage gives you enough time to run waaaay outta range for SS to reset.

I have 40 some disc. and chaining together 3 Preperations is basically the best thing ever.

True but it's a gamble, and focused mind will give you more consistant results with no wasted disc until you hit atleast 45 disc.

RDreamer

My Witch Doctor just had to drag 3 wizards through Nightmare's Diablo fight. When the shadows came up all 3 of them would promptly die. I had to kill the shadows and raise them about 3 times. This happened last night, too, but that party was wretched. I couldn't keep doing it for them, since they died even quicker. I had to quit that and try again today.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

scy

Well I'd love the extra discipline and at some point I'm sure the recipe will provide me a great roll, but the legendary I'm using has gotten me to inferno diablo thus far. So while having it would be great, passing on this one for it's price just wasn't going to happen. I'm sure I'll make money on the resale as well.

Didn't meant that you should replace your Quiver or anything, just commenting on how good +Discipline is.

The speed increase is incredible with that passive.

Getting to 200% Movement is good stuff.

So I think my accounted got hacked.
I logged on and I have a friend added "sinin#3274" and no gold.
Not sure how much I lost... probably 80k in gold but oddly enough, none of my items were taken.

guess i should have gotten an authenticator.

Did a run of Act IV hell with NV stacked up and didn't get squat, but I can't really hang in Inferno Act I once elites become involved

What do I do?

Dahbomb

I noticed the difference immediately, that +disc makes so much a difference. I had to switch back. People are sleeping on that stat.
Agreed with this. A simple +10 means you get an extra SS and SS is basically DH's "life" in Inferno. You don't have SS, the next hit is going to kill you.

The number of SS a DH has equates to how many "lives" DH has at once on higher difficulties. There are certain combinations which are guaranteed death for a DH if she doesn't have SS (Jailer being the prime example).

SS doesn't have much of a cooldown and combined with preparation plus some +disc stats you can have access to multiple SS's during a skirmish.

And like stated Vault has that initial delay and doesn't break CC abilities making SS a staple for DH.

Did a run of Act IV hell with NV stacked up and didn't get squat, but I can't really hang in Inferno Act I once elites become involved

What do I do?
You and me are in the same place essentially. Just did a run of Act IV Hell with Guardian, I was trying to face roll it plus experimenting with some builds but died a bit too many times (plus was getting red pings throughout). Act 3 Hell is the way to go now particularly the last quest before the 2 boss fights. Get that gold find going and start saving up the cash for those 1 million items. If you are up for some farm runs, hit me up.

Unicorn

Honestly, the only reason to make PSR's is to set high level weapons apart from other ones (especially crit damage on crossbows with emeralds).

The cost to make them is absurd.

Well, you have to factor in the fact that once it is made it lasts forever. You can pluck and place on as many weapons as you want without worrying about commitment.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Accidentaly clicked on Exit Game instead of Log Out and now I'm stuck in the login-screen.

SIIIIIIIIIIGH

scy

Well, you have to factor in the fact that once it is made it lasts forever. You can pluck and place on as many weapons as you want without worrying about commitment.

Which is nice and all but I don't know if it's worth millions of gold per Gem.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
True but it's a gamble, and focused mind will give you more consistant results with no wasted disc until you hit atleast 45 disc.
I like it a lot better because if I'm facing bullshit, it's bullshit I want to have another set of SS's for. It feels like it works closer to 50% rather than 33% to me.

scy

I like it a lot better because if I'm facing bullshit, it's bullshit I want to have another set of SS's for. It feels like it works closer to 50% rather than 33% to me.

I actually don't think I ever got a Backup Plan proc when I tried it out last night :/

Won

Downed Ghom. I wonder if the guy has an attack animation.
Act III is indeed not that big of a jump like Act II was, at least as DH. All that dangerous stuff seems much more avoidable than the stupid Act II garbage.

But man the checkpoints suck. You really don't wanna die in some parts...

Don't even bother with Smoke Screen on anything but inferno, maybe hell.

Normal and Nightmare is too easy. Just caltrop those difficulties.

Cagey

Banned
So for the late Inferno Bow + SS DHs, what sort of armor mods are the best for serious upgrading? I'm sitting around on a lot of gold and looking skeptically at various bracers, shoulders, etc. with increases in vitality or all res over what I have.

I say skeptically because I suspect I'm still going to get one shot (in 2-4 player games) by whatever goblin / moonseed / body odor comes into my general direction when I can't put SS up.

Unicorn

So I think my accounted got hacked.
I logged on and I have a friend added "sinin#3274" and no gold.
Not sure how much I lost... probably 80k in gold but oddly enough, none of my items were taken.

guess i should have gotten an authenticator.
Has anything been said about investigating known accounts and users that are robbing others? Perhaps they can find the source of the culprits, whether by IP or area and shut them out or their area?

Also, the talk of "expecting a higher number off GAF hack claims" you have to consider most people in here regularly have an Auth, so shoehorning everyone as keylogged seems possible, but not the only avenue. Especially the gaffer that recently formatted and the other who had not used his gaming pc for anything beyond gaming, or the guy who had a unique pass.

I honestly think something on Blizzard's end has been compromised and they just don't want to state anything yet for fear of paranoia, backlash, loss of sales, and bad press. I think if they did get compromised they would want to seal the leaks before expressing the breach.

I'm not supporting or suggesting anecdotal evidence, but claiming that more GAFfers should be reporting in if it IS a compromise of Blizz is being blinded by the fact that most of us have Auth. and those that don't obviously aren't able to lock other IPs out of logging in regardless.

Jokab

Just finished up inferno act 1, was much easier than I had imagined it. Sure I died a lot, but not to the point where I got frustrated (I think my highest death timer was 8 sec) or thought it was unfair. I did skip one elite mob, a frog with invulnerable minions, mortar, arcane enchanted and extra health, fuck that shit.

Got butcher on second try, and pretty much all other elites I died max one time on. That's with only buying a weapon (crossbow 850 dps for 20k, dat snag) from the AH, rest is found gear. Overall it wasn't hard at all, I actually think I died much more on hell. I realize though that the upcoming acts will be much harder.

Running this build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aRXTVd!YTe!YZZZbb

Why is it so hard to grasp the fact that you won't be able to kill the treasure goblin in dark cellar in time when you are alone or even with 2 persons? I mean, uber dps can probably do it if they somehow can stop him to move all around but god damnit, so sick of seeing dumb ass wasting a goblin because they're too stupid to understand they have to wait for the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom