• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferrio

Banned
So for the late Inferno Bow + SS DHs, what sort of armor mods are the best for serious upgrading? I'm sitting around on a lot of gold and looking skeptically at various bracers, shoulders, etc. with increases in vitality or all res over what I have.

I say skeptically because I suspect I'm still going to get one shot (in 2-4 player games) by whatever goblin / moonseed / body odor comes into my general direction when I can't put SS up.

Don't invest in any defensive stats, unless you wanna roll with a gloom build. If you're going SS, it's one shot or bust.

The two items I say you should concentrate on

1. Gloves. Besides weapons/quiver/jewelery these have the most potential of upgrading your dps. They can be relatively cheap compared to those others too.
2. Chest piece. You want to find something with +9-10 max discipline. Don't good money for a chest piece without it.

LordCanti

Why is it so hard to grasp the fact that you won't be able to kill the treasure goblin in dark cellar in time when you are alone or even with 2 persons? I mean, uber dps can probably do it if they somehow can stop him to move all around but god damnit, so sick of seeing dumb ass wasting a goblin because they're too stupid to understand they have to wait for the others.

Do solo runs. It's the only way. Don't even take the templar.

Cru Jones

Has anything been said about investigating known accounts and users that are robbing others? Perhaps they can find the source of the culprits, whether by IP or area and shut them out or their area?

Also, the talk of "expecting a higher number off GAF hack claims" you have to consider most people in here regularly have an Auth, so shoehorning everyone as keylogged seems possible, but not the only avenue. Especially the gaffer that recently formatted and the other who had not used his gaming pc for anything beyond gaming, or the guy who had a unique pass.

I honestly think something on Blizzard's end has been compromised and they just don't want to state anything yet for fear of paranoia, backlash, loss of sales, and bad press. I think if they did get compromised they would want to seal the leaks before expressing the breach.

I'm not supporting or suggesting anecdotal evidence, but claiming that more GAFfers should be reporting in if it IS a compromise of Blizz is being blinded by the fact that most of us have Auth. and those that don't obviously aren't able to lock other IPs out of logging in regardless.

Nope. If they were breached, we'd know about it. Too many times have companies gotten into major trouble by not being upfront. If they've been compromised they have a duty to tell consumers for fear of much more damaging litigation.

Ferrio

Banned
Nope. If they were breached, we'd know about it. Too many times have companies gotten into major trouble by not being upfront. If they've been compromised they have a duty to tell consumers for fear of much more damaging litigation.

If it was something on Blizzard's side, I'd say someone leaking this information to gold sellers on purpose could be a possibility. CSRs and stuff shouldn't be able to see passwords (they shouldn't be in plain text period), but if they can.. then I could see this happening.

LordCanti

Why not the templar? Because he aggros the Goblin?

Yup.

I have a treasure goblin system. I lay down three caltrops, six traps, and then I aggro him in the direction of the caltrops. He's so slow that I can then take him out with my MF gear on.

Traps are ridiculously OP against one thing, if you have time to lay them out.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Running Act IV inferno last night. 200% MF (5 stacks of neph)

Open exquisite chest. Only 2 whites come out.

Hahaha, that sucks but it's hilarious!

Dex is just too low for it to be worth anything considering the level requirement. You might get 2-4k in the AH if you're lucky. Most people won't sacrifice primary stat for MF or other mods.
Yeah, I know, I was just commenting on their funny but mean answers. (That isn't my item by the way.)

Cagey

Banned
Don't invest in any defensive stats, unless you wanna roll with a gloom build. If you're going SS, it's one shot or bust.

The two items I say you should concentrate on

1. Gloves. Besides weapons/quiver/jewelery these have the most potential of upgrading your dps. They can be relatively cheap compared to those others too.
2. Chest piece. You want to find something with +9-10 max discipline. Don't good money for a chest piece without it.

That's what I was suspecting, thanks. Improving the jewelry is where the cost v. improvement scale goes haywire.

TommyT

That's what I was suspecting, thanks. Improving the jewelry is where the cost v. improvement scale goes haywire.

Unless you just have money to blow, a high dex + 15% aspd ring will be your best bet. If you start looking for something with %crit damage. You can get some large %crit damage numbers from amulets. Again though, finding them with higher aspd is rough.

scy

Unless you just have money to blow, a high dex + 15% aspd ring will be your best bet. If you start looking for something with %crit damage. You can get some large %crit damage numbers from amulets. Again though, finding them with higher aspd is rough.

Yet sadly, a week or so ago they weren't worth that much. Well, at least not the millions they fetch right now.

:(

Cagey

Banned

Yeah I'm rolling with standard blue 70/15 rings which were like 80K two weeks ago. My amulet is 6-12 dmg, 232 dex, ~140 vit. No IAS or crit-related #s. Wish I could see the damage upgrade without buying first.

Gloves I can easily improve DPS-wise just by selling what I wear now... trading in 59 all res seems so weird, but that's the D2 HC player in me speaking.

LordCanti

Yet sadly, a week or so ago they weren't worth that much. Well, at least not the millions they fetch right now.

:(

A week ago, people were under the assumption that min/maxing DPS and crit wasn't the only viable option in Inferno (for a DH).

Other than the Shadow Power build of course (which Opiate has tested to Act II).

TommyT

Yeah I'm rolling with standard blue 70/15 rings which were like 80K two weeks ago. My amulet is 6-12 dmg, 232 dex, ~140 vit. No IAS or crit-related #s. Wish I could see the damage upgrade without buying first.

Gloves I can easily improve DPS-wise just by selling what I wear now... trading in 59 all res seems so weird, but that's the D2 HC player in me speaking.

Holy Dex. Hmm... are you EU or NA? I have a neck that is +min-max damage, 14% aspd, 45% +crit damage, and some other stuff. We can compare later when we're both on to see the difference.

Jokab

ibaXgoWs4P6Rdd.png

Price check? The stats are not that high honestly, but the block seems kinda high, and it's only level 51. Armor is low though. Hoping for something since it's my first legendary.

scy

A week ago, people were under the assumption that min/maxing DPS and crit wasn't the only viable option in Inferno (for a DH).

Other than the Shadow Power build of course (which Opiate has tested to Act II).

More broadly, IAS% builds for all classes weren't viewed that well. Now there's Wizard, WD, and DH builds all looking at maxing attack speed with 25% Movement. Wish I could have farmed the gold I needed sooner and gotten all the items I wanted before everyone switched over :/

Cagey

Banned
Holy Dex. Hmm... are you EU or NA? I have a neck that is +min-max damage, 14% aspd, 45% +crit damage, and some other stuff. We can compare later when we're both on to see the difference.

NA (Cagey#1563). The ammy's got a socket; it's 194 base w/ a flawless square for an extra 38. I found it somewhere in early Act 1 Inferno while actually questing during launch weekend LANfest. So much more rewarding to find loot that way.

macewank

Not that I have the gold right this second, but would you be willing to let a fellow Gaffer hop into one of your games to craft the staff?

everyone can. Once you've offed Diablo in a particular difficulty, the merchant in bastion's keep will sell you the upgrade plans for 1 gold. The original plans are, to my knowledge, the only ones you *have* to get off of Izual.

ibaXgoWs4P6Rdd.png

Price check? The stats are not that high honestly, but the block seems kinda high, and it's only level 51. Armor is low though. Hoping for something since it's my first legendary.

It's kinda bad to be honest. I had a better shield at lvl40-45. You can probably try getting 100k for it, but I sincerely doubt the sell.

Hey Gaf,
anyone else thinking about the legendary patch?I won't buy additional ones.
Or, on the opposite, is that the time to gear up your chars with lesser but better quality gear?

bs000

Can you equip 2 hand crossbows with +10 discipline each for +20 disc total? Then +10 cloak and +10 quiver and for 70 total discipline. With prep that's liek at least ten SS in a row :O

edit: *facepalm* you can't equip quiver with 2 hand bows. mega derp :|

scy

People really need to check the AH a bit more before asking for a price check.

That and bids. Check bids, not Buyouts. You can see what people are bidding on items and use that to gauge how much people are willing to spend.

Can you equip 2 hand crossbows with +10 discipline each for +20 disc total? Then +10 cloak and +10 quiver and for 70 total discipline. With prep that's liek at least ten SS in a row :O

Well, you can't equip two bows and a Quiver but otherwise that's doable.

People really need to check the AH a bit more before asking for a price check.
Especially with legendaries since you can search for the item by name and get a really good feel for the price range that it's selling at.

I was actually just wondering why people think GAF is a better place to discover an item's worth than the AH itself. :p

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
http://i.minus.com/ibaXgoWs4P6Rdd.png[IMG]

Price check? The stats are not that high honestly, but the block seems kinda high, and it's only level 51. Armor is low though. Hoping for something since it's my first legendary.[/QUOTE]

Sold mine with slightly worse stats for 60k, and it took a few hours to do so. I wouldn't do more than 75k absolute maximum.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
you don't need Stormshields to get 30% Block, heh. I have two of them myself one at 32% and one at 35% after Block stat modifier and very good stats on them.

Yeah I know, but it'd be very neat to have the 30% base block rate stat T.T

Conceptor

Just curious - I'm a DH making my way to Butcher Inferno.. should I have seen any legendary items by now? I know they're usually disappointing (stats-wise) but still ;_;

LordCanti

Just curious - I'm a DH making my way to Butcher Inferno.. should I have seen any legendary items by now? I know they're usually disappointing (stats-wise) but still ;_;

If your MF is low? Not necessarily. If it's high? Yes.

At that point I had seen six or so. All the legendaries were crap, of course...

Venfayth

I saw two or three before butcher inferno, but it's not too odd to not have seen any. They are LEGENDAIRY!

Cagey

Banned

Experiences may vary but...

I played in a four man group and the first legendary for any of us (including set items) was either a weapon rack or chest or something in late Act 1 Inferno.

From what I read, that's ridiculously bad luck.

TommyT

Act III Inferno and I haven't seen one yet.

NA (Cagey#1563). The ammy's got a socket; it's 194 base w/ a flawless square for an extra 38. I found it somewhere in early Act 1 Inferno while actually questing during launch weekend LANfest. So much more rewarding to find loot that way.

I *might* be on right after work (1.5 hours) but we'll see. I'll add you either way and maybe we can test out differences if we get time. TommyT#1540

Is Whimsyshire on Inferno really difficult? To be honest I haven't even tried it out or watched videos yet, but just wondering if it's on a level of say Act 2 of Inferno or is it closer to Act 1 for difficulty?

I'm currently on Act 3 inferno (with about 20 hours of act 2 farming behind) and I've not seen a single set or legendary item.

Every one of the four guys playing with me have had multiple drops.

Jokab

I just cleared butcher inferno and the legendary I posted above was the first one I found , when farming act 3 hell. In contrast, a friend has found four legendaries and isn't even done with hell yet. Some people are just lucky/unlucky.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Especially with legendaries since you can search for the item by name and get a really good feel for the price range that it's selling at.

I was actually just wondering why people think GAF is a better place to discover an item's worth than the AH itself. :p

The AH would be much more useful in terms of price-setting if we could see no-sale auctions. Right now it's not very useful since you rarely (at least on the filters I'm using) see which items have sold and which prices they've sold at.

The AH would be much more useful in terms of price-setting if we could see no-sale auctions. Right now it's not very useful since you rarely (at least on the filters I'm using) see which items have sold and which prices they've sold at.
That's true, it would be nice to see a little more history on what's been selling and not selling.

LordCanti

Is Whimsyshire on Inferno really difficult? To be honest I haven't even tried it out or watched videos yet, but just wondering if it's on a level of say Act 2 of Inferno or is it closer to Act 1 for difficulty?

What class are you? It's cake for DH's. Things are easy to kite. For melee though...they hit like a truck.

I can't take down the champ mobs, so I can't say there.

It's the equivalent of Act IV, without as much bullshit (unless it's a champ, no teleporting/mortar/phasing/etc).

Cagey

Banned
Act III Inferno and I haven't seen one yet.

I *might* be on right after work (1.5 hours) but we'll see. I'll add you either way and maybe we can test out differences if we get time. TommyT#1540

Sounds good, whether tonight or sometime over the weekend, that works. I'm not in a huge rush to spend all my gold.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
^No, but I'll gladly take that shield :p ♥

Chat servers doesn't seem to work in EU.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
People who sit there and tell you your build is shit and you need an attack speed build with magic missile as wizard (?) when they can't even get to where you are with their own character are obnoxious. If you want to make a wiz and copy the build on a popular persons stream go for it but stfu about mine. And all this spam while I'm trying to solo packs in Act III inferno, sorry no, blocked. /rant

DSmalls84

Yea, the best items I have sold have been ones that only compared to a handful of others =/ If you see there are hundreds of similar items it won't sell well

If there are lots of comparable items, all you can really do to sell is start undercutting their prices by a noticable amount (20-25%). From my experience that helps me to move my inventory fairly quickly.

Superman00

Liverpool01
^No, but I'll gladly take that shield :p ♥

Chat servers doesn't seem to work in EU.

If I can find a better shield without spending all my gold. I got that shield for 110k.

For free? Sure :p

Then someone undercuts you, and then someone undercuts them, and before you know it...anarchy...

lol, make me an offer. I have so much equipments and don't want to throw them away. 10 slot and 36 hours wait takes forever.

That quiver is worth a lot.

I just look it up on AH, there are like 8 of them fitting my quiver and the price are all over the place. I don't really know how much they are worth lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom