• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
If I can find a better shield without spending all my gold. I got that shield for 110k..
What would be a good shield for you? I'm curious.

Wedge7

xbow.png

Anyone interested? Just found a new xbow and looking to great rid of old weapon. I'll sell it cheaper than AH equivalent prices.

Ferrio

Banned
If I can find a better shield without spending all my gold. I got that shield for 110k.

lol, make me an offer. I have so much equipments and don't want to throw them away. 10 slot and 36 hours wait takes forever.

I just look it up on AH, there are like 8 of them fitting my quiver and the price are all over the place. I don't really know how much they are worth lol.

8 of them with 10 DISC? How much they running?

Jubbly

Big Bashiok blue post about changes and upcoming stuff: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5593230830?page=10#189

Well worth reading.

32) As a ranged player, I want invulnerable minions to not block projectiles so that I can actually kill an invulnerable minion pack. (More of an opinionated one :p)

Yeah, I mean, that's kind of just an issue of placement and projectile aim. We think Invulnerable enemies are a bit ridiculous right now anyway, but I wouldn't say this suggestion is probably needed if we just make some overall changes to them.

mr2xxx

Banned
If I can find a better shield without spending all my gold. I got that shield for 110k.

lol, make me an offer. I have so much equipments and don't want to throw them away. 10 slot and 36 hours wait takes forever.

I just look it up on AH, there are like 8 of them fitting my quiver and the price are all over the place. I don't really know how much they are worth lol.

If you want I will sell it for you and only take 20% of the profit :)

Dahbomb

I wonder how long it's going to take for people to realize that +10 Discipline items for DH are really good.

Got a STEAL on 2 items today that had +10 disc on them and was an upgrade to my stats.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
xbow.png

Anyone interested? Just found a new xbow and looking to great rid of old weapon. I'll sell it cheaper than AH equivalent prices.
From act 3?

Svartnatt

I just cleared butcher inferno and the legendary I posted above was the first one I found , when farming act 3 hell. In contrast, a friend has found four legendaries and isn't even done with hell yet. Some people are just lucky/unlucky.

I feel both extremely lucky and unlucky at the same time.

Lucky: I've had 2 legendaries drop for me, and my main was just level 29, Act III on Normal when it happened. I wasn't even decked out in Magic Find gear, just one piece with a lowly 6% on it.

Unlucky: As I've read with most legendaries, they are pretty crap. One of them was a glove that had a barbarian bonus, and the other was a monk head piece, neither of which helped my wizard main. I've read of people not having a single legendary drop until Inferno, or even reached level 60. I REALLY hope I haven't used up all my legendary drop mojo!

Ferrio

Banned

Lucky: I've had 2 legendaries drop for me, and my main was just level 29, Act III on Normal when it happened. I wasn't even decked out in Magic Find gear, just one piece with a lowly 6% on it.

Unlucky: As I've read with most legendaries, they are pretty crap. One of them was a glove that had a barbarian bonus, and the other was a monk head piece, neither of which helped my wizard main. I've read of people not having a single legendary drop until Inferno, or even reached level 60. I REALLY hope I haven't used up all my legendary drop mojo!

You don't want that mojo.

windz

I had my first legendary when I was on Inferno Act 3 ~120+ hours played. A buddy who had under 40 hours played across several chars had found 4-5 legendaries lol. He found two legendaries basically back to back in one game too...crazy. At least mine was a str/vit bul kathos ring that sold for a pretty penny :). Was worth the wait.

The more I think about it, the more I think there needs to be some form of progression other than gear.

The problem right now is that, even if you manage to get good enough gear to get into Act 3 and 4 Inferno and be able to kill shit with relatively high success, you can't actually farm it. You can't swap in your MF or GF gear because you'll get crushed, because literally everything is a 100% gear check. Every single piece has to be perfect.

One idea that I think would be interesting is that if you could learn new runes similar to the way you learn a Blacksmithing or Jeweler recipe. You just find random world drops and you can learn the new rune, or perhaps even an entirely new skill or passive trait. Something like that could be really powerful.

Or some long and involved process to allow you to unlock an additional ability slot on your bar.

Things like that

Javaman

jesus. was there ever any confirmation if gold will be in the RMAH for sale? very very interested in the economy of this game down the road.

ah if d3 were only released 11 years ago when i was playing diablo 2 incessantly, i could quit my minimum wage (at the time it was $4.25/hr) bus boy job and play diablo for a summer of income :)

I don't see how that would work. It would take 14 or so hours to earn $60 on your job. Do you really think you can earn that much value in game in 14 hours?

Ferrio

Banned
The more I think about it, the more I think there needs to be some form of progression other than gear.

The problem right now is that, even if you manage to get good enough gear to get into Act 3 and 4 Inferno and be able to kill shit with relatively high success, you can't actually farm it. You can't swap in your MF or GF gear because you'll get crushed, because literally everything is a 100% gear check.

I run with 90% MF gear in act IV inferno.

Items can have up to 6 attributes on them, to say people won't be able to run with MF gear on is ridiculous.

lordy88

So, in Act I, which characters are considered "bosses"?

I know of four, anything else?

Skeleton King
Spider
Warden
Pudge

Honestly, I wouldn't put the warden there. The other three are set events that you are locked in, while the Warden is a quest monster, like the Captain inside Adria's hut.

Petrie

Banned
I thought the legendary spear I found was crap, but then found out it's like the only weapon in the game that can have Magic Find, so I won't be giving that bad boy up for anything. Me or my follower will definitely be sporting it! Might buy another and double fist those things for farming! Lol

Petrie

Banned
I don't see how that would work. It would take 14 or so hours to earn $60 on your job. Do you really think you can earn that much value in game in 14 hours?

It may not hold up, but since I began farming, I have made about $400 real world cash in maybe, 20 hours of gameplay, and that's being generous. $20 an hour for something I enjoy anyways? I'll take it.

theta11

Honestly, I wouldn't put the warden there. The other three are set events that you are locked in, while the Warden is a quest monster, like the Captain inside Adria's hut.

He's a boss as far as the game is concerned in that he drops enchanted loot with NV stacks.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone know exactly how armor works? Does the damage reduction percentage that displays apply to all forms of damage?

If so, wouldn't an extremely high Armor rating be more important than building resistances? Does Armor cap out at some point? How are people balancing their stats for Inferno?

I'm level 60 now and nearing the end of Act IV on Hell, so I'm starting to think about how I want to change up my gear for Inferno.

I'm playing a Barbarian if that helps.

Artanisix

The weird thing is that while Warden drops boss loot, IZUAL does not. Try killing him with NV stacks. Enjoy your shitty three blues.

SUPARSTARX

Got 39% block now. CHeap stormshield + justice lantern + helm of command. Gotta make sure you don't let mobs slip behind your barbarian so you keep blocking and slapping them.

Czigga

I have an interesting / potentially devastating story.

I was running through Hell Act II with a wizard (I’m a WD). We played for a bit, killed a boss or something, and we’re back in town.

Out of nowhere he says “do you want this?” and drops a rare helm on the ground. It happened to be a pretty big upgrade so I took it and said “Thanks man!”. I felt obligated to return the favor, so I was looking through my inventory and saw that I had a lvl 50-54 orb. Without looking too closely at it I dropped it and said ‘here take this’. I don’t know anything about Wizards in terms of their special stat bonuses or anything particularly valuable to them in terms of off-hand affixes.

So he picked it up and after a few seconds said “thanks, I can use this orb when I hit 60 :)”. So then I wondered wtf could that orb possibly have that is not valuable now that would be valuable at 60. So then after that I said “wait did I just give you something worth a million gold or something?”… to which he responded with…. Silence. I’ve never had more than $200k gold. I tried a few more times to inquire about the item I had just given him, to no avail. He stopped responding to me completely.

Now, I don’t blame this guy for my ignorance. I probably would have done the same thing in his position. Maybe I would’ve given him back a chunk of gold depending on the item’s value. But I’m wondering what the hell I could’ve given him. I THINK it had some kind of “+6” or around +6 to some wizard specific stat or ability.

It could also have been just magic find. I honestly don’t remember. But his sudden refusal to no longer respond is what has caused my suspicion. BTW it was a blue. Could've been rare too I guess

What do you guys think I gave him?

Javaman

It may not hold up, but since I began farming, I have made about $400 real world cash in maybe, 20 hours of gameplay, and that's being generous. $20 an hour for something I enjoy anyways? I'll take it.

Was that the last 20 hours you played out of a lot more? I'm not trying to be snarky, I'm just curious how that could actually work and why anyone would pay for early hour loot.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I have an interesting / potentially devastating story.

I was running through Hell Act II with a wizard (I’m a WD). We played for a bit, killed a boss or something, and we’re back in town.

Out of nowhere he says “do you want this?” and drops a rare helm on the ground. It happened to be a pretty big upgrade so I took it and said “Thanks man!”. I felt obligated to return the favor, so I was looking through my inventory and saw that I had a lvl 50-54 orb. Without looking too closely at it I dropped it and said ‘here take this’. I don’t know anything about Wizards in terms of their special stat bonuses or anything particularly valuable to them in terms of off-hand affixes.

So he picked it up and after a few seconds said “thanks, I can use this orb when I hit 60 :)”. So then I wondered wtf could that orb possibly have that is not valuable now that would be valuable at 60. So then after that I said “wait did I just give you something worth a million gold or something?”… to which he responded with…. Silence. I’ve never had more than $200k gold. I tried a few more times to inquire about the item I had just given him, to no avail. He stopped responding to me completely.

Now, I don’t blame this guy for my ignorance. I probably would have done the same thing in his position. Maybe I would’ve given him back a chunk of gold depending on the item’s value. But I’m wondering what the hell I could’ve given him. I THINK it had some kind of “+6” or around +6 to some wizard specific stat or ability.

It could also have been just magic find. I honestly don’t remember. But his sudden refusal to no longer respond is what has caused my suspicion. BTW it was a blue. Could've been rare too I guess

What do you guys think I gave him?

If it was a blue don't worry at all. They'll just have +dmg like all of them, a stat and something like + crit chance or +arcane power on crit. Not worth much at all, I chunk most of the ones I find.

Now if it was something like a rare with 100-300+ dmg and 8.5% crit chance and int and vitality then you'd be pretty stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom