• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
How the hell am I supposed to make it through the Towers in Act 3 Inferno with Licker fucks and Hulking Phasebeast fucks.
Class? What's your stats?

Cagey

Banned
The AH is a one way street for me :( No one wants my stuff.

No one wants what I find while playing Diablo III, but what I find via searching for underpriced goods, that's a different story entirely. At this point, I'll do runs to let AH slots release. Kinda sad though.

Macattk15

Class? What's your stats?

Wizard. 44k dps. 36k hp. Around 200 resists everywhere. 5.5k armor with Force Armor up.

Hulking phasebeasts have too much HP for me to burn through and they 2-3 shot me and I cannot run from them.

Same with licker fucks. I can kill them at least ... but they are fucking fast and annoying.

AnXsv.jpg

Got a Legendary in act II with one stack up.......

Was hoping for better :(

Game hasn't been out for a month and people are already paying real money to skip most of it.

People underestimate how lazy people are, and how willing people are to part with money if it means they can be even more lazy.

People payed absurd amounts of real life cash for various items and services in d2 and it has already begun to catch on huge with d3.

inky

So, posting again =)

So, fellow Barbs. How much attack speed? Right now I have 2 pieces that give me 15% each (ring+amulet) and an Axe with 1.3 APS for a total of 1.69 APS. The thing is, I am probably at the point in which I need much more defensive attributes in those 2 pieces and finding some that also have AS is quite expensive. So my question is, is frenzy enough for a Barb? Should I aim for 1.7-2 APS or just settle for default in favor of more defensive attributes?

Won

People underestimate how lazy people are, and how willing people are to part with money if it means they can be even more lazy.

People payed absurd amounts of real life cash for various items and services in d2 and it has already begun to catch on huge with d3.

Yeah, I was in a public game in Inferno like once and one guy offered all waypoints for 80k or something. The other players in the game didn't even hesitate.

And I don't bother with public games anymore.

balddemon

Banned
So, posting again =)

i try and stick to swords when using a weapon because they have 1.4aps base i think. then frenzy adds 75% (?) so you have 2.45aps (which seems high so m yabe i did the math wrong) plus then i use WotB whenever i can which pushes me over 3aps i believe.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
What's the best skills and passive skills to kite with a wizard on Hell? I tried going with the 30% slow on Arcane spells, 20% reduced melee damage and the one that increase arcane power by 20 with some extra regeneration.

Using arcane hydra, arcane orb, magic missile, magic weapon, teleport(with decoys) and diamond skin isnt too bad against normal mobs, but once i reach the blue and golden elites, it gets really hard to kite since they move faster than me and arcane spells barely slow them down, diamond skin and teleport can only do so much to save my ass.

But i guess that's totally normal for Hell & probably Inferno eh?

So basically you went with damage over defence, and you are using zombie wall?
I've stuck to 40k HP (give or take) and tried to go for as much damage as I can. I'm still in the process of gearing up, but, for now, I can handle mobs. Certain Elites, no matter what, are a huge pain. Read over this post to get a feel for the build:

http://goo.gl/DtCnF

I am certainly going to start swinging for RESIST gear, but I'm still trying to overshoot for damage more than anything. I've pretty much accepted that I am going to get 2-3 shotted no matter what, so I've taken the stance that 40k HP is enough for me to be able to get popped once and then turn tail and run.

Hey guys I am having a bit of a theorycraft question. I am a monk lvl 50 and I am curious if when an enemy is hit with the monk skill Sweeping Wind does it count as "a hit?" reason I'm asking is because I want to know if those would count towards the +life on hit stat?

I've stuck to 40k HP (give or take) and tried to go for as much damage as I can. I'm still in the process of gearing up, but, for now, I can handle mobs. Certain Elites, no matter what, are a huge pain. Read over this post to get a feel for the build:

http://goo.gl/DtCnF

I am certainly going to start swinging for RESIST gear, but I'm still trying to overshoot for damage more than anything. I've pretty much accepted that I am going to get 2-3 shotted no matter what, so I've taken the stance that 40k HP is enough for me to be able to get popped once and then turn tail and run.

I was getting the hang of taking out normal mobs, but the elites are still a problem, I took out one pack but all the others nuked me......but with the combos they had I think they'd nuke most people

I've done runs with MF and without, never seen any difference in loot other than the quantity of blues. My rares weren't any better/worse.

If its anything like diablo 2 it doesn't directly effect the quality of items, it simply increases the chance of getting a magic item which is a blue, which in turn ups your chances of those blue items being rare or legendary.

Said rares and legendarys can still have shitty rolls though since MF doesn't effect that.

Is there some kinda FPS glitch right now? I set my hard cap in the options to 60 FPS, and consistently I was getting 59-60 FPS with no drops at all. But suddenly I'm seemingly locked at 50 when I CTRL+R. If I set the FPS cap over 100, the FPS immediately jumps up to 100+ FPS.

Cipherr

So happy they are acknowledging that the 'Invulnerable' modifier is a little stupid on packs. Especially for ranged since they eat any shot you are trying to aim at the vulnerable one hiding in the back. Its annoying. Even your pets dont have the sense to not attack the invulnerable ones. Just terrible all around, and cheap. Invincibility of any kind is bullshit, thats not real difficulty, its just nonsense. Replace that trait with an all new one. Maybe an enrage, where the elites movement speed is slowed but the damage they deal increases greatly during it. Something like that.

LordCanti

I was fighting a champ mob, when the templar decided to de-aggro and attack a goblin. I ran after him, and one of the Khazra traps sprung and killed me. Bye bye goblin, hello fully healed champ mob.

inky

Do you guys wear any MF gear when doing butcher runs or do you just wear your normal gear?

I wear around 120 MF (+NV stacks). I found it takes me 3~ runs to fill 2 pages with rare items. From those 1 or 2 is worth selling (haven't found an worthy blue yet). I've also found my only 2 legendaries in the prison area before the Butcher, but those have been crap as well. The difference I've found between having and not having MF is in the amount of rares that randomly drop from stuff. I get plenty of those from racks or random mobs. Maybe one more rare from bosses too.

There's no reason to wear my normal gear, with 300 res, 30k HP, 9k armor and 11k DPS it is more than enough for my Barb to run through (solo at least).

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
OH MY GOD. Found an upgrade :D

forrest

formerly nacire
Finally took a break from farming long enough to get my Inferno Diablo kill in! I've now soloed everything in game on Inferno. Feels good man!
3AQmK.gif

Kyoufu

If anyone has a Flavor of Time with STR/VIT for sale let me know. Or pretty much any Barbarian legendary/rare worth a damn.

Audioboxer

What are some good Barb tank setups?

Playing through my my GF, we're only on Nightmare but I want to get used to being tankish for hell/inferno. She's a wizard.

It would be good if there were a fairly mobile tank build (maybe using leap), and then a straight up walking brick shithouse build.

Cheeers

Macattk15

Well. I've gotten to the Act 3 Inferno Towers of the Damned / Cursed ... but it looks like this is where the game finally beats me and I stop playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom