• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loto

Is there some kinda FPS glitch right now? I set my hard cap in the options to 60 FPS, and consistently I was getting 59-60 FPS with no drops at all. But suddenly I'm seemingly locked at 50 when I CTRL+R. If I set the FPS cap over 100, the FPS immediately jumps up to 100+ FPS.

How do you set the FPS hard cap?

theta11

Audίoboxer;38412296 said:
What are some good Barb tank setups?

Playing through my my GF, we're only on Nightmare but I want to get used to being tankish for hell/inferno. She's a wizard.

It would be good if there were a fairly mobile tank build (maybe using leap), and then a straight up walking brick shithouse build.

Cheeers

This is the build Kripparian uses and breaks down why he picks each skill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVAhbn7_O3M&feature=g-u-u

Petrie

Banned
Was that the last 20 hours you played out of a lot more? I'm not trying to be snarky, I'm just curious how that could actually work and why anyone would pay for early hour loot.

No, I'm saying 20 hours of farming since I hit 60. Only counting when I specifically was farming for loot.

Through what, D2JSP or something?

And it was just using the trade channel and getting paypal offers. No extra effort involved.

TheExodu5

Banned
Alright, this is how my build is looking so far. Working extremely well in Act 1 Inferno. Haven't tried Act 2 yet.

wd_inferno_build.png

stats.png

(with 12% run speed)

The goal is to stack survivability, run speed, and attack speed even more to ensure that I rarely ever get hit, and if I do, I can at least survive that one hit.

I could probably go straight damage and ignore the vit/resists...but I'm not that desparate yet. I want to see if I can pull off at least a tiny bit of survivability.

I'd be using Inna's Glory right now if they weren't bugged. :(

Do you guys wear any MF gear when doing butcher runs or do you just wear your normal gear?

My favorite Inferno run is doing the following:

- Skeleton King run to get Neph stacks, easy boss kill with rares. Very quick - 15 minutes.
- Check for Dark Cellar / Dank Cellar easy kills for moar loot. 2 minutes.
- Go to Whimsyshire after that. As a Demon Hunter, it's easy to eliminate all non-elite mobs there. Don't touch clouds, don't pop pots of gold, don't touch the piñata (if it's there). Some elites are easy to kite and kill, some are very difficult (like any unicorn pack with the Fast affix - there's no running from them). I don't waste time with the harder packs - I just kite them all into a cleared out "doom corner" or "doom area" and die purposely to leave those packs there. 25-30 minutes, depending on elite affixes.
- After clearing out Whimsyshire except for a "doom corner," I can sell spots in general for 50-100k per slot to come with me to clear out the clouds / pots / untouched shrooms / piñata. TELL THEM TO BRING THEIR MF GEAR. Also tell them where the "doom corner" is and to avoid it lol. Put on your own MF gear and clear out Whimsyshire of its lovely loot, with or without sold spots. 5-ish minutes.

Lathentar

Looking for Pants
Alright, this is how my build is looking so far. Working extremely well in Act 1 Inferno. Haven't tried Act 2 yet.

hell_wd_build.png

stats.png

(with 12% run speed)

The goal is to stack survivability, run speed, and attack speed even more to ensure that I rarely ever get hit, and if I do, I can at least survive that one hit.

I could probably go straight damage and ignore the vit/resists...but I'm not that desparate yet. I want to see if I can pull off at least a tiny bit of survivability.

Still have no idea why you aren't using spirit vessel. You will ALWAYS survive that one hit in that case.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone know exactly how armor works? Does the damage reduction percentage that displays apply to all forms of damage?

If so, wouldn't an extremely high Armor rating be more important than building resistances? Does Armor cap out at some point? How are people balancing their stats for Inferno?

I'm level 60 now and nearing the end of Act IV on Hell, so I'm starting to think about how I want to change up my gear for Inferno.

I'm playing a Barbarian if that helps.

Reposting. Anyone?

I've finally figured out that the only way for me to be happy with D3 is to lie to myself and say it's Free To Play.

"No mod support!"

"Well...it is free to play..."

"Server outages in the third week!"

"Always online!"

Etc.

It's cathartic.

maharg

idspispopd
I've finally figured out that the only way for me to be happy with D3 is to lie to myself and say it's Free To Play.

"No mod support!"

"Server outages in the third week!"

"Always online!"

Etc.

It's cathartic.

If you actually wind up playing it for years there's a pretty fair argument to be made that it amortizes out to free to play. Of course, it remains to be seen if that's plausible.

Has this been posted?
Blizzard Korean Offices Raided

It all began when Korean gamers, like most gamers, had difficulty logging into Diablo 3. Many of them became so frustrated that they contacted Blizzard and demanded a refund, but the company operates a strict no refunds policy in Korea, and refused to give gamers back their money. That’s when the FTC got involved. Hundreds of gamers lodged formal complaints with the body, who responded launching an investigation

Do you guys wear any MF gear when doing butcher runs or do you just wear your normal gear?

I do butcher runs with 100% MF before NV and my friend who always goes with me has 0. It seems to make a difference, he's always complaining how i get so many yellows. Earlier i got 16 yellows and probably 40 blues in one run

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Nerf Tyrael, seriously.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I really need to find someone with act3 and act4 inferno unlocked on the EU server. :p

Ye that sux you when you play the AH more than the game...

Trying to beat
Zoltan Kull
on Inferno currently. God damnit. One shotting the player is so cheap.

Inferno reminds me of raiding in WoW.............I hate how "perfect" you have to play and how unforgiving the higher level mobs can be but the quest for phat loot is just too appealing

Even if it is max effort for minimal gains =/

I'd like a trade thread. I'm not sure if anyone is currently planning one though.

I don't care if someone else makes one. I'm only considering making one myself once the OT has been moved to community and been there for at least a little bit. I'll evaluate if the demand is still there then.

Also:

:lol @ Kungen dying. Especially to a fire grate, as a long time WoW player.

wd_inferno_build.png

stats.png

(with 12% run speed)

I definitely find your build very interesting. I tried it out, but just couldn't get the hang of it and my internet issues.

Comparing your stats against mine (http://goo.gl/EGEY2), it's seeming like I am exactly where I should be, except on resistances. Gotta change that...

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Kill the two golems, then run around until he's on the other side of the room. Proceed to kill him from the other side of the room with Poison Dart. He won't do anything, other than the occasional Tornado. The boss has a really shitty AI.

Problem is that I play on a resolution of 1366*768 and cant see him/aim at him from across the room. So that doesnt work for me.

Thanks for the hint though.

Toma

So do I. You don't need to see him, though you should be able to glimpse if he's been damage (via his life bar and/or sound effects).

Ah alright. Trying that. Thanks.

Toma

Increasing the resolution doesn't increase the viewing distance.

Didnt know that, just assumed that would be the case since I couldnt see him across the room. Thanks for clarifying though.

Toma

So do I. You don't need to see him, though you should be able to glimpse if he's been damaged (via his life bar and/or sound effects).

Worked like a charm. Thanks.

RivalCore

For anyone looking for a decent gold farming spot, I've been doing the Royal Crypts for the last little while during the AH downtime.

I'm running a monk with as many GF, speed and spirit buffs breaking the ash containers with Sweeping Wind. Averaging around 7-10k a run with a few blues. Raised nearly 200k in just over an hour I believe.

SyNapSe

If you're a WD that fight is almost impossible to screw up. Might just ask one to help you out, they can kill him via Poison Dart from the other side of the room, where he'll just stand and occasionally cast a tornado.

It's an easy fight anyway but you're basically saying you can bug/cheeze it. eh

TheExodu5

Banned
I definitely find your build very interesting. I tried it out, but just couldn't get the hang of it and my internet issues.

Comparing your stats against mine (http://goo.gl/EGEY2), it's seeming like I am exactly where I should be, except on resistances. Gotta change that...

Well it was working okay before the resists as well.

It takes a quick hand to play though. You need to constantly kite...move, spirit barrage, move spirit barrage, repeat. Keep up locust swarm and haunt as much as possible. Use grasp of the dead to help kite. Use spirit walk of horrify when they get too close (try to alternate in between the two so that one is always up).

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Vortex, Invulnerable, Waller, Mortar

*restarts game*

Yeah... it's for our own good :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom