• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDreamer

Alright bought, thanks guys

one last question. This worth 1.3 M?

gfgfirestack.jpg

Personally, I'd say definitely.

Macmanus

What are they saying?

Specifically that they're simply "looking at it."

http://www.diablofans.com/news/1217...fastest-selling-pc-game-ever-many-blue-posts/

Search:revenge

Their goal is to "balance" any one ability that is a staple of every build of a specific class. Revenge is certainly that, though I can't imagine a build without Ground Stop as well - but I've yet to hear a peep about that.

Alright bought, thanks guys

one last question. This worth 1.3 M?

I have no idea, but if I was a DH those would give me some serious boners.

Changing maximum pre-rendered frames to 1 under the Nvidia settings took my last few traces of occasional stutter away. Bizarre, I thought it was network related.

Major fix, for anyone having any issues, was disabling the in-game background/foreground FPS limit though. For some reason simply having that enabled made the game run like complete crap for me.

I will try this. I just resigned myself to playing the game in fullscreen mode to get rid of the stutter. I prefer fullscreen windowed, so I hope it works.

Ketch

Welp, lost my lvl 22 Hardcore DH due to connection issue while playing solo. I kinda knew in the back of my head it was going to happen, just wish it wasn't to some BS poison cloud.

Gila

It's hard to say without research. Are there no items like it that are significantly cheaper? 1.3m is a lot to spend on anything.

Not that I can see

I'm on jsp and have quite a bit of fg (can turn it into IGG fast) so I'm kinda lenient when it comes to spending. But I don't wanna buy something like that for 1.3 M and have it come down 500k within the next weeks..

I can't believe I have 66 hours already on my WD. I know not all of it is actually played time, but minus the AFK time, I'm sure I put in 62 hours on him so far.

Instro

Have you used that password anywhere else?

That's what bugs me, this was a password I had unique to battlenet. I am typically conscious about using multiple passwords. I would understand if it was something I was using for many different sites, but that is not the case.

LordCanti

Now I suddenly want to know what these are worth. Not that I previously didn't realize they may be worth something or anything. Not that at all:

XNLtO.png

Chris R

Not really seeing the point of Elective Mode yet, but then again I'm only level 20. And what exactly does the enhanced tooltip do? I didn't really see that much of a difference.

eek5

They're looking at it (the 30% chance rune specifically) since it seems to be a staple in Inferno builds due to its usefulness.

Yikes. The RNG makes it so sometimes it doesn't proc ENOUGH with provocation :lol I mean kripp has the best gear in the game basically (50k hp, 41% block, 10k armor, 1k resist) and he still has to use furious charge to regen in a lot of situations.

SMH if they nerf it. It's a skill that only works if you have really good gear so you can even tank the hits to begin with (even in A1 you need 400-500 buffed resistances to tank enough hits where the 30% proc works) and isn't that what they want?

I really don't want to be forced into having to run charge/revenge/overpower. Being forced to use revenge is already annoying enough.

Instro

Not really seeing the point of Elective Mode yet, but then again I'm only level 20. And what exactly does the enhanced tooltip do? I didn't really see that much of a difference.

Enhanced tooltip gives you more info about the skills you use. Elective mode will be useful if you ever want to use two skills from the same tree, or bind skills to mouse buttons that are not part of the first 2 trees.

Ketch

Sorry dude, you EU?

No, NA. I did it for the banners.... so it's not so bad... Now I'm just conflicted about rerolling another hardcore character (monk) or making a SC Demon Hunter to replace my dead one.... the hero lives on?

Edit: I don't understand the complaints about itemization... it's random... it's supposed to be random... sure that means you get weird/useless combo's like +str AND +int on the same piece... but that just means that piece is not as good as +str +vit one... it makes the good loot actually worth something... Is it just that everyone wants gear that is plainly for this class or for that class without having to think or make compromises? or am I miss understanding the argument? Also, if they had to actually design the gear then that would limit the possibilities, and then they'd have to balance it, there wouldn't be as much cool stuff and wicked bad ass combos like that xbow with 1300 dps from a couple pages ago wouldn't exist. How would you fix it?

RDreamer

If those are worth 1.3M, I threw away a ton of money by selling (very) similar ones for 50k. I really suck at judging the value of items, next time I ask GAF.

Similar or the same? The reason those gloves are so godly is because for one they have 15% attack speed, which ups dps a metric fuckton. I'm pretty sure 15% is the max gloves can go, too. I've never actually seen anything hit 15% to begin with, so even if they do go past that it isn't by much. Second, resist all is needed and highly highly valued at endgame. Third, it still has a ton of main stat (dex) and vit. A lot of those items I see with these sorts of good mods sometimes have much lower dex and vit, but that dex is still hitting into the hundreds. So, yeah, if you threw away some like that for only 50k, then you should probably ask people next time... or give 'em to me :p

I'm actually surprised those gloves are only 1.3 mil. That combination of stats themselves would heavily inflate the price, and the fact that they're still high stats should make it skyrocket. I would have expected the person that ultimately sold those to ask for 2 or even 3 mil right now. Probably wouldn't sell very quickly for that, I suppose.

geekamania

Neo Member
How do you guys determine when something's decent enough to put on the AH? I'm going through Nightmare & I'm accumulating so much stuff that I think MIGHT be AH-worthy that I'm afraid I might end up on an episode of Hoarders. I could probably stand to salvage or vendor most of this stuff.

LordCanti

How do you guys determine when something's decent enough to put on the AH? I'm going through Nightmare & I'm accumulating so much stuff that I think MIGHT be AH-worthy that I'm afraid I might end up on an episode of Hoarders. I could probably stand to salvage or vendor most of this stuff.

Put the stats into the AH and see what similar items are selling. If they aren't really selling for much at all, I generally just vendor. A spot on the precious ten I'm allotted is too precious for a "this might sell".

RDreamer

Nice found a simmilar one for 1 M

just bought :D

iEMhC.png

No resist all on 'em :(

Similar, not quite identical. High Dex, High Vita, though both a bit less, a bit less Resist, I think like 5% IAS.

That's the thing about the diablo games. Those small stat increases mean a lot in value. Right now they're probably similar value, but as time goes on people will only want top tier stuff. Just like in Diablo 2 uniques rolled with a few points on a stat below another one were almost worthless to some people. I remember I was able to get my first Bartuc's Cut-Throat for cheap as hell because it was imperfect. Literally I could have probably got 2 or 3 of those "crappy" ones for the price of one of the nearly perfect ones.

SyNapSe

yay finally beat nightmare act 3. I read earlier that farming az was fixed. too bad I could have done it a bit as I'm only 46.

V_Arnold

This is my wizard now:

aCrc2.jpg

Inferno Act 1 is not too hard with this. Currently contemplating whether I should go and try act2 (have some good shields with 18-20% block, a lot of vit/int/avoidance and ~1100 armor)....

Ketch

Repost for the new page:

I don't understand the complaints about itemization... it's random... it's supposed to be random... sure that means you get weird/useless combo's like +str AND +int on the same piece... but that just means that piece is not as good as +str +vit one... it makes the good loot actually worth something... Is it just that everyone wants gear that is plainly for this class or for that class without having to think or make compromises? or am I miss understanding the argument? Also, if they had to actually design the gear then that would limit the possibilities, and then they'd have to balance it, there wouldn't be as much cool stuff and wicked bad ass combos like that xbow with 1300 dps from a couple pages ago wouldn't exist. How would you fix it?

Zeppelin

Finally hit 60 and unlocked Inferno with my DH. My gear makes me not wanna even attempt it though.

Also, anyone watch Kungen's stream? Think he's gonna make it through Hardcore Inferno on his own?

Ferrio

Banned
Repost for the new page:

I don't understand the complaints about itemization... it's random... it's supposed to be random... sure that means you get weird/useless combo's like +str AND +int on the same piece... but that just means that piece is not as good as +str +vit one... it makes the good loot actually worth something... Is it just that everyone wants gear that is plainly for this class or for that class without having to think or make compromises? or am I miss understanding the argument? Also, if they had to actually design the gear then that would limit the possibilities, and then they'd have to balance it, there wouldn't be as much cool stuff and wicked bad ass combos like that xbow with 1300 dps from a couple pages ago wouldn't exist. How would you fix it?

People aren't upset about the randomness. People are upset because the legendaries have a much lower ceiling cap on values when it comes to randomness.

RDreamer

That's what I couldn't bring myself to say. Hopefully they were a good buy at 1m =/

That's why I don't spend that much on anything. It's very hard to know if it's worth it, and if you're wrong, there goes a huge chunk of change.

Hah, yeah I always have that feeling that what I just bought wasn't worth it, especially when I found something kind of unique that I was looking for specifically. I always get this feeling like if I don't buy them they're going to be snatched away and then I'll have to spend even more time looking for those specific things and possibly pay more.

Any word on the commodity auction house? I made a decision to only use the auction house for crafting materials and selling stuff at least for now (it may seem like an arbitrary line to draw but it works for me) so I've been selling all my magic items to vendors or on the auction house and now I'm out of crafting materials.

I have two items that cannot be sold on the auction house, for two days now whenever I try to put them up for bids the game gives me an error message.

Zyzyxxz

Even though I'm 55 I was only doing 3k DPS earlier today, playing through Act1 on Hell is truly... hell. So I decided to break down and go to the auction house for some decent gear. Now up to 5k DPS but I need to make some real money and my 52% Magic Find isn't do shit for rare drops.

All I get are shitty rares that I can barely sell for a few thousand on the AH.

Kyoufu

The fact that good dps weapons cost millions of gold fucking sucks. I've been farming a lot and haven't gotten any either. Really hate this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom