• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Just when I was starting to have fun with this game, Blizzard tells me they're shutting down the servers in 15... fuck off Blizzard, seriously. Just fuck off.

Desaan

Just when I was starting to have fun with this game, Blizzard tells me they're shutting down the servers in 15... fuck off Blizzard, seriously. Just fuck off.

AGAIN! lololol

What the fuck is going on? What are they even doing? Because I have no idea what the hell is going on.....

smr00

Banned
sV8cB.jpg

Currently trying to solo through Inferno and almost at 100k DPS, sacraficed a good amount of HP (down to about 14k HP) but i realized it doesn't matter if i have 10k or 50k, i will get 1 shotted regardless so i am going full DPS.

Focused on Crit/high DEX gear over the last few days along with speed.

Poker360

sV8cB.jpg

Currently trying to solo through Inferno and almost at 100k DPS, sacraficed a good amount of HP (down to about 14k HP) but i realized it doesn't matter if i have 10k or 50k, i will get 1 shotted regardless so i am going full DPS.

Resistances. You need resistances.... like 900 resist all

HenryHSH

Hmm... Lost 1k hp but gained 1k armor (at 10k now) on my barb. I haven't changed any of my gear. Still using the same passives. This is weird.

smr00

Banned
I really don't want to sacrifice my crit/speed for it, i rarely die by fire/ice etc. because i keep back.

When i hit act 2/3 i might bump it up but i don't have the gold to do resist/high dex and crit.

spirity

Hah, I had to race to a checkpoint.

30 mins playtime total over 48 hours. Wtf is up with EU. Until they get it all working, I'm taking a break from D3. I'll give it a month, hopefully they'll have their shit together by then. Its jokes right now.

Opiate

Question for the geared DH's, are you still a one shot whore in inferno?

After playing my Barb for a bit and gearing him a lot, I still get destroyed by puny mobs in act 4. There's no way my DH will even get that level of defense, so there must be no one to survive a hit.

I mentioned this earlier, but I'm currently trying a tanky DH build. I say "trying" because I know it works in Act I/II, but have not tried it thoroughly beyond that yet. With my current level of gear, I feel reasonably confident I would struggle.

Run normal tanky stats (HP, Armor, Resists, Life leech of some kind) + Shadow Power with Gloom (65% DR) + Guardian Sentry (!5% DR for a total of 80% DR on top of your tanky stats).

chris-013

Did you read what he said ? he doesn't care about def/res...

sV8cB.jpg

100k damage with sharpshooter ?

The best build out there currently is a glass cannon (one hit death pretty much no matter what).

Yeah I do that. 230k crit currently if I don't wear MF (which I do all the time).

Feels anti-progressive to be playing like it. Not satisfying farming at all.

I mentioned this earlier, but I'm currently trying a tanky DH build. I say "trying" because I know it works in Act I/II, but have not tried it thoroughly beyond that yet. With my current level of gear, I feel reasonably confident I would struggle.

Run normal tanky stats (HP, Armor, Resists, Life leech of some kind) + Shadow Power with Gloom (65% DR) + Guardian Sentry (!5% DR for a total of 80% DR on top of your tanky stats).

Yeah, I was thinking that. If you could get enough defence to not get one-shotted, use some 800+ life hit weapons, which are probably swords or something, then use grenades in close range to get mega life hit x3 times two with dual wield.

But I don't think DH can get there without the passives that Barb and Monk has.

Gotchaye

I was stuck for days trying to get through the keep in Inferno Act 3 to the first boss, but right after I did that today I was able to just push right on through and beat the Siegebreaker with 5 NV stacks. Now I can start right next to that boss, pick up the AI helper (not sure if spoilers are okay yet), and farm that section of Act 3 pretty easily. It's been a very frustrating week, but this feels good.

LordCanti

His crit rate is 100% in the image, so yeah it's with Sharpshooter.

Got a new crossbow yesterday:
m6js6.jpg

Honestly I like bows more than crossbows anymore, so I might sell/trade it for a comparable bow.

If only I had a comparable bow to trade lol.

I'm still too cheap to buy a nice bow. I'm at 900 DPS right now, but the jump to 1000 DPS is like a million more gold. Meanwhile, two handed 1000 DPS weapons (of any other sort) are cheap as dirt at this point -_-

Everyone is rolling a crit DH. It's getting ridiculous.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
I just started act 2 on inferno, and I'm getting killed by regulars fast.

What stats do I need to do this?

Currently:
Monk
32k life
16k dps
200 resist all
4000 armor

Someone earlier said 900 resist all...is that even possible? Where would you get this equipment?

Neki

If only I had a comparable bow to trade lol.

I'm still too cheap to buy a nice bow. I'm at 900 DPS right now, but the jump to 1000 DPS is like a million more gold. Meanwhile, two handed 1000 DPS weapons (of any other sort) are cheap as dirt at this point -_-

Everyone is rolling a DH. It's getting ridiculous.

fixed

Currently:
Monk
32k life
16k dps
200 resist all
4000 armor

Someone earlier said 900 resist all...is that even possible? Where would you get this equipment?

Just accept that you'll die a lot

Gotchaye

What's the difference between bows and xbows? Why would you prefer one to another?

I just found this and I'm deciding whether to figure out how much to sell it for or to just roll a DH to use it. It seems pretty good damage-wise, and the Vit and Life-on-hit seem excellent.

OhYT3.jpg

Currently:
Monk
32k life
16k dps
200 resist all
4000 armor

i don't know about 900 resist all...but yea, you want more resist all for sure. probably more damage as well.

and this is where it will get expensive for you, as all resist stuff in the AH costs quite a bit. you'll probably need to farm Act I for awhile until you can afford the necessary upgrades. I'd say...expect to pay $200,000-$500,000 per upgrade piece. Prices really can go up to $2 mill, but we won't worry about pieces that good yet, as you don't need them to get through Act II.

And regardless, you'll die regardless to certain elite types.

LordCanti

What's the difference between bows and xbows? Why would you prefer one to another?

I just found this and I'm deciding whether to figure out how much to sell it for or to just roll a DH to use it. It seems pretty good damage-wise, and the Vit and Life-on-hit seem excellent.

OhYT3.jpg

Bows are generally a bit faster. Crossbows receive a 50% critical hit damage boost from a passive skill (bows only get 15% extra damage).

People run with Crossbows after stacking critical hit damage and critical hit chance, and do 100k+ damage on critical hits (which are frequent with another passive skill).

Life on hit isn't really important in this scenario. The trick is not getting hit.

Congratulations! It's a bit non-traditional for the girl to get the ring, but it does look to be worth a few months' salary.
I'm using it on my wizard, it was a massive upgrade from the blue ring I was using. Got no idea what its worth as there's nothing very similar on the EU auction house just now. Pretty sure she'd kill me if I sold it anyways.

la_briola

zsGxP.png

Girlfriend found this and gave it to me while doing item runs. Score.

One of the nicest rings I've seen for wizard.

this ring is a crazy good tank (barb) ring. it has 60 all res, ~200 armor and ~140 vit. sell it for good gold and buy a wizard ring with: attack speed, crit chance, crit dmg and int!

Did you read what he said ? he doesn't care about def/res...

100k damage with sharpshooter?
I never understood people posting pictures of their Demon Hunter DPS with the Sharpshooter passive activated after standing in town for 20 seconds - it completely skews the numbers. Assuming you have +200% crit damage than probably as much, if not more than double. That damage is obviously assuming every single shot is a critical hit but in reality that's just not the case. In reality, depending on how high your real crit chance is combined with how often you click your mouse button (a TON), that number is much lower

teh_pwn

i don't know about 900 resist all...but yea, you want more resist all for sure. probably more damage as well.

and this is where it will get expensive for you, as all resist stuff in the AH costs quite a bit. you'll probably need to farm Act I for awhile until you can afford the necessary upgrades. I'd say...expect to pay $200,000-$500,000 per upgrade piece. Prices really can go up to $2 mill, but we won't worry about pieces that good yet, as you don't need them to get through Act II.

And regardless, you'll die regardless to certain elite types.

Yeah, I've been doing this. Half of my pieces have been upgraded to 200-500k items.

I've also noticed rapid inflation on AH. My weapons, which I bought at 150k now cost 500k-5mil...crazy. Makes sense...gold farming increases money supply much faster than these rare drops.

Just accept that you'll die a lot

Yeah, basically inferno is pacman outside of bosses, and then with bosses some sort of combination of demon souls and vagrant story. Really seems like Blizzard is trying to dupe us into needing to use real money to buy equipment to actually play the game.

teh_pwn

Welp, first Inferno fast/invulnerable/reflect damage/extra health rape into town.

*exit, reload*

The worst is:
Fast
Teleport
Walling
Mortar

The only way to take them down is to keep spawning mystic ally, running to them, stabbing them twice to maintain vortex, and hope that you don't get walled into death. Easier to exit/reload.

teh_pwn

Anyone interested in buying these gloves? I want to try a different approach.

RWnRj.jpg

Closest item on the AH is around 2m.

I have something similar very similar, but it was 500k. That was 12 hours ago, I'm sure the AH has 4x the price already.

Don't know how new players reaching lvl 60 are going to even do Hell mode the way things are going.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
IT'S UPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!! ::D:D:D:D

OhYT3.jpg
It's ok. The Life on Hit is useless and Vitality near-useless though.

Shouta

Currently:
Monk
32k life
16k dps
200 resist all
4000 armor

If you go tanky and try to reduce damage, it'll be a longer gear road.

With a Dodge build you can go in with 550 or so resist and 30k HP and comfortably do well in Act 2. Biggest thing is that you'll need Life on Hit or Life Per Spirit Spent and DPS. 30k+ HP is preferably so mobs don't one shot you and so you have time to recover it with your abilities. You'll still die but you'll be able to kill elites sometimes without dying or sometimes with a few deaths.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom