• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDreamer

I never understood people posting pictures of their Demon Hunter DPS with the Sharpshooter passive activated after standing in town for 20 seconds - it completely skews the numbers. Assuming you have +200% crit damage than probably as much, if not more than double. That damage is obviously assuming every single shot is a critical hit but in reality that's just not the case. In reality, depending on how high your real crit chance is combined with how often you click your mouse button (a TON), that number is much lower

I'm fairly certain the damage is absolutely not assuming every shot is a crit. I'm pretty sure the game calculates out the average amount of shots and takes into account your chance to crit and how much damage that would be. It then derives a damage per second number. That number should be what you'll be doing on average at that time, even taking into account missing crits. Yes sometimes you'll miss a few more and sometimes you'll hit a few more, but over time this averages out.

Shouta

Anyone interested in buying these gloves? I want to try a different approach.

RWnRj.jpg

Closest item on the AH is around 2m.

If I had cash, I'd buy it off of you as it's a resist upgrade to my current gloves but meh, 70k gold at the moment because everything is tied up in auctions, lol

RDreamer

I just started act 2 on inferno, and I'm getting killed by regulars fast.

What stats do I need to do this?

Currently:
Monk
32k life
16k dps
200 resist all
4000 armor

Someone earlier said 900 resist all...is that even possible? Where would you get this equipment?

You'll need a helluva lot more of everything. When buffed I've got 700 resists, about 30k life, 20k dps, and 5,300 armor. I still can't do act 2. I can do some of the mobs well enough, but elites fuck me up big time.

Wallach

any DH with thoughts on hand crossbows? I really want to use them, like how they look. But it seems nobody is using them in Inferno.

I was using one when I killed Belial in Inferno the first time. They're quite good for certain setups; things with on-hit or procs. Particularly liked them with a Screaming Skull build. Once you're into the 3.5-4.0 attacks per second range you are really consistently CC'ing stuff while dealing solid damage.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
You'll need a helluva lot more of everything. When buffed I've got 700 resists, about 30k life, 20k dps, and 5,300 armor. I still can't do act 2. I can do some of the mobs well enough, but elites fuck me up big time.

Well is there a good place that I could get more gold in act 2? I may be able to use movement speed +10% (innate ability) and movement speed + boots with near death experience to cheese my way to that point.

If not, any recommendations for gold farming? act 1 inferno?

RDreamer

Here's an interesting question. I use Way of the Hundred Fists. Does life on hit affect every one of those little hits or just per click? I feel like my spirit gained works per hit and not per click. It'd be pretty sweet if life on hit did, too.

Well is there a good place that I could get more gold in act 2? I may be able to use movement speed +10% (innate ability) and movement speed + boots with near death experience to cheese my way to that point.

If not, any recommendations for gold farming? act 1 inferno?

I personally haven't found any place. Problem is that this game seems to drop absolutely nothing unless you kill an elite or a boss. Even with MF I find nothing on normal stuff, so I don't know what going around and hitting mobs is going to do for you. You're likely going to have to run Butcher or Wortham and further type runs to get on your feet, unless you know the AH and can game that.

Wallach

Here's an interesting question. I use Way of the Hundred Fists. Does life on hit affect every one of those little hits or just per click? I feel like my spirit gained works per hit and not per click. It'd be pretty sweet if life on hit did, too.

Both spirit gain and life on hit are handled basically per attack rate. That is, the first and last hits of Way of the Hundred Fists generate 6 spirit (and whatever your LoH rating is), and the middle bit only counts as a single strike.

RDreamer

Both spirit gain and life on hit are handled basically per attack rate. That is, the first and last hits of Way of the Hundred Fists generate 6 spirit (and whatever your LoH rating is), and the middle bit only counts as a single strike.

Odd. I kind of thought it would be that way, but I swear it filled up my spirit thing quicker than any other skill. Guess it could be my mind playing tricks on me, or the speed crit rune bonus thing working really well.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Odd. I kind of thought it would be that way, but I swear it filled up my spirit thing quicker than any other skill. Guess it could be my mind playing tricks on me, or the speed crit rune bonus thing working really well.
Fists (both of them) are faster then sweeping wind and the kicks.

Use FoT and quickening if you want spirit.

RDreamer

Fists (both of them) are faster then sweeping wind and the kicks.

Use FoT and quickening if you want spirit.

My spirit regen is doing pretty well now. I was just wondering about life on hit. Right now I use Reach with the defense rune, and then switch to Way of the Hundred Fists with the crit rune. So I pretty much have constant crits and 50% armor.

teh_pwn

I personally haven't found any place. Problem is that this game seems to drop absolutely nothing unless you kill an elite or a boss. Even with MF I find nothing on normal stuff, so I don't know what going around and hitting mobs is going to do for you. You're likely going to have to run Butcher or Wortham and further type runs to get on your feet, unless you know the AH and can game that.

I just found the same.

Cheesed to Road to Alcarmus waypoint, and even there I die, and dying costs money.

Oh well, back to act 1 inferno with my gold/magic find equipment.

Guess I'll save up for newer weapons that have 500 life on hit and get more attack speed + bonuses. And resistance...dammit I need everything.

Wallach

Life on hit important on meele classes? I would think life regen would be more important them.

Life regen is a little easier to stack than life on hit, but it's only once per second. Life on hit provides much larger returns because you will generally be hitting 2+ times per second. It's also not cut down to 20% return like life steal is in Inferno.

Cagey

Banned
If I had cash, I'd buy it off of you as it's a resist upgrade to my current gloves but meh, 70k gold at the moment because everything is tied up in auctions, lol

I'll monitor the AH but I'm not gonna list until before I sleep tonight, or sometime tomorrow morning, so there's plenty of time. If you legit want them, I'll hold off.

Straight up, now tell me, do you really wanna love me forever?

Oh oh oh.

Wow, did everyone just AH when they got to hell? My wizard is worthless, and the gear that drops is levels too low and not actually serviceable.

Is that just the way it is now? Where should I try to farm for something that is 300 dps on its own? I have literally been stuck from level 51-57 now. I got into act 2 freeloading off a public game where a barb and wd rolled through a bunch of quests. I can't get through the halls of agony on my own...

I have 489 Int, 1651 dps, and 20k health.

Help?

teh_pwn

Do monks do better with 2 handed daibos? I ask because I've been dual wielding all game and I picked up a 2h daibo and it's 3k higher dps. I assumed it would have been half due to it being used by both hands.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I think I'm going to give the two handed wizard style a try. The idea is ignore attack speed, and just get as much raw damage as possible, and make use Arcane Orb for the bulk of DPS, which don't benefit much from attack speed. Hitting things with my orb for 30-40k each hit, and giving it a trial run on a Pudge run before seeing how I fair in act 2.

Sothpaw

Wow, did everyone just AH when they got to hell? My wizard is worthless, and the gear that drops is levels too low and not actually serviceable.

Is that just the way it is now? Where should I try to farm for something that is 300 dps on its own? I have literally been stuck from level 51-57 now. I got into act 2 freeloading off a public game where a barb and wd rolled through a bunch of quests. I can't get through the halls of agony on my own...

I have 489 Int, 1651 dps, and 20k health.

Help?

Go to the AH asap. You can get 300 dps weapon for peanuts (less than 2k). That's for level 55 items.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Such a good game :3

Shouta

I'll monitor the AH but I'm not gonna list until before I sleep tonight, or sometime tomorrow morning, so there's plenty of time. If you legit want them, I'll hold off.

Oh oh oh.

I wouldn't worry about it. Go make some bling with it.

Wow, did everyone just AH when they got to hell? My wizard is worthless, and the gear that drops is levels too low and not actually serviceable

I can't believe why people are so reluctant to use the AH. It is integral to the game, and it is fun to use and learn things from. You don't really need it before lvl 60 or inferno (unless your drops are crap), but afterwards you REALLY do.

In fact, I'd argue that the AH is one of the best ways to learn which gear will help you progress through the game. By checking auctions, you'll discover what gear is valued and which stats are valuable. Sniping auctions, finding deals, selling good loot.. it's all part of the thrill that is Diablo.

It's also interesting to see certain trends. I think you can make a good profit by anticipating which stats are trending among buyers and sellers. At first, it was main stat + vit only. Then all resist became in-demand. And now crit chance/damage + attack speed seems to be hot property. Some dude got 132k dps by abusing these stats--it's pretty crazy, if not straight up broken, lol.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I really hope they make it so you can search for raw damage soon. Makes searching for Wizard/WD Off Hands a real pain, and is annoying for rings also.

I found a good 1h crossbow that's better than my 2h bow. what's the difference between 1h and 2h crossbows?

2h normally have a higher damage but slower attack speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom