• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.
At Belial Hell lvl 58 don't even want to go in because I know I'm going to get crapped on. DH 6.4k dps 10k health. That enough or do I need to eqpt upgrade.

Pretty sure I've had to stop both times at Belial to upgrade on previous runs.

Mothman91

Friend said he has a 2her that has like 1.1k DPS on it when I hit 60. Said he'd give it for me for 100k =D

How much do weapons go for if they're 900+dps?

Artanisix

At Belial Hell lvl 58 don't even want to go in because I know I'm going to get crapped on. DH 6.4k dps 10k health. That enough or do I need to eqpt upgrade.

Pretty sure I've had to stop both times at Belial to upgrade on previous runs.

caltrops with immobilize are you friend in this fight. place one, sit in the middle, snakes cant hit you and you can pick them off as they come

Bog

Junior Ace
I'm suddenly having trouble staying alive as a DH in Act III of Nightmare. I realize I should be keeping my distance, and I've been using Caltrops, slowing grenades liberally, but when I do get hit, it seems to take off anywhere from 700 to 4000 hp. Any tips?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Is quiver.best for 1h crossbow?

It is the current popular choice, though if you feel you do enough damage and want to be able to take a few hits, don't feel to bad about using a shield. No one really knows what is good and what isn't, if they did the trending items wouldn't change so rapidly.

Ashhong

Hey guys what is a good DPS number for level 60 Wizard? Looking for gear and such and not sure what number I'm aiming for roughly. Also, what stats should I be looking for in the gear other than intel and vitality? +arcane power?

...oh dear.

How do you put that much care and effort into a character, then consciously pause the game, adjust sound settings, unpause and then choose to unpause and swing around randomly a few times before alt-tabbing??

How did he not put his fist through a wall?

Hes laughing about it too lol.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Hey guys what is a good DPS number for level 60 Wizard? Looking for gear and such and not sure what number I'm aiming for roughly. Also, what stats should I be looking for in the gear other than intel and vitality? +arcane power?

You are going to want some All Resistance, Pure HP actually starts to get in the way once you get above 35k IMO, since potions really loose their potency.

Try to get to 30k health and 30k damage. Resistances between 2-300 and armor pushing 3k. Then the next step would be 40k health and 40k damage, or upping your resist/armor instead of life.

Ashhong

You are going to want some All Resistance, Pure HP actually starts to get in the way once you get above 35k IMO, since potions really loose their potency.

I also prefer 1 hand weapons so I can put on a shield. Or should I focus on 2 handed weapons (which seem to have double the DPS for the same price on AH

edit: 30k DAMAGE?! Holy shit...

Waikis

Anyone interested in buying these gloves? I want to try a different approach.

RWnRj.jpg

Closest item on the AH is around 2m.

Hey, still selling this item?
If so add me, ridonkculous#1133

Won

Question for the geared DH's, are you still a one shot whore in inferno?

After playing my Barb for a bit and gearing him a lot, I still get destroyed by puny mobs in act 4. There's no way my DH will even get that level of defense, so there must be no one to survive a hit.

No, only stuff that is easily avoidable really can one shot me. With a few exceptions here and there of course.

Achtius

I also prefer 1 hand weapons so I can put on a shield. Or should I focus on 2 handed weapons (which seem to have double the DPS for the same price on AH

This is my wizard atm

Wiz.png

29k life

edit: 29k life only if I am using Amethyst, but atm I am using topaz, so 26k.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

The only thing I have really figured out in term of the three outfitting options (1H Source, 1H Shield, 2H) is that if you rely on Arcane Orb and Hydra mostly for Damage, you are better off with a 2H weapon. One thing people over look is that DPS takes into account the weapons attack speed, while Arcane Orb and Hydra take into account the raw damage of a weapon.

But really, there is no definitive guide for Infernal, if there was we wouldn't have a topic where 75% of all people who are in the mode can't really play Act II without just corpse running.

This is my wizard atm

Wiz.png

29k life

edit: 29k life only if I am using Amethyst, but atm I am using topaz, so 26k.

Is that with or without Energy Armor on?

Achtius

The only thing I have really figured out in term of the three outfitting options (1H Source, 1H Shield, 2H) is that if you rely on Arcane Orb and Hydra mostly for Damage, you are better off with a 2H weapon. One thing people over look is that DPS takes into account the weapons attack speed, while Arcane Orb and Hydra take into account the raw damage of a weapon.

But really, there is no definitive guide for Infernal, if there was we wouldn't have a topic where 75% of all people who are in the mode can't really play Act II without just corpse running.

I agree. Also and if you are deciding between two weapons for wizard, always get the weapon with the slower attack speed.

With energy armor and magic weapon on. XD

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Act 2 getting easier. Slowly but surely.

SPjFs.jpg

Just need about 100 more resist and maybe about 10% more walkspeed to help with the fast elites. More crit chance would probably help too. Haven't gotten shit for drops for the past few nights though :/

Ashhong

I am actually on hell currently. I had a friend powerlevel me up to 60, so my equipment is all shit from like 50 or so. That's why I'm having such a hard time knowing what stats are good. Don't want to waste too much money on AH buying random items.

Achtius

I am actually on hell currently. I had a friend powerlevel me up to 60, so my equipment is all shit from like 50 or so. That's why I'm having such a hard time knowing what stats are good. Don't want to waste too much money on AH buying random items.

get Item the best money can buy. I usually look for 3 stats: intelligence, all resistance, and vitality.

edit: fml, two posts in a row

Achtius

That isn't percent Health Pool based heal, that is a percent damage based heal. So you would still be better with a lower HP and higher Resist with that.

oh, I misread and didn't read the one you were answering to.

but since resistance have diminishing returns, once you have high enough resist, it's probably better to get more vit.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
...oh dear.

How do you put that much care and effort into a character, then consciously pause the game, adjust sound settings, unpause and then choose to unpause and swing around randomly a few times before alt-tabbing??
He hadn't died for 175 hours?

So to get to 30k damage, I suggest buying items with high intel (obviously) so that your total intel is about 1300-1400 (the picture linked above has 1600 intel which is more than you need for 30k damage). Defensively, you can do a number of things: vit, all resist, armor---but make sure you don't buy items that have int only and nothing else. Then get a good weapon, some attack speed... and you're there.

Achtius

So to get to 30k damage, I suggest buying items with high intel (obviously) so that your total intel is about 1300-1400 (the picture linked above has 1600 intel which is more than you need for 30k damage). Defensively, you can do a number of things: vit, all resist, armor---but make sure you don't buy items that have int only and nothing else. Then get a good weapon, some attack speed... and you're there.

but remember that increase ATK speed is only good if it is not found on weapon.

Radec

Gem AH still not fixed ?

Can't seem to search anything. :/

Btw, What's the best Wizard weapon and skill setup?

My wiz is level 49 in NM but still @ 3k dps. Hurts on bosses. Bearable but will take like 3-5mins.

Duffyside

Banned
Ok, so is there some diminishing return on the primary attribute?

Here's my example; my magician has like 330 Intelligence, but a Strength of about 40. At this point, five more Intelligence points aren't making that big a difference, right? Would Strength make my attacks hit harder, or no? Is it all Intelligence and DPS?

And what the hell does Dexterity do!? :D

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Ok, so is there some diminishing return on the primary attribute?

Here's my example; my magician has like 330 Intelligence, but a Strength of about 40. At this point, five more Intelligence points aren't making that big a difference, right? Would Strength make my attacks hit harder, or no? Is it all Intelligence and DPS?

And what the hell does Dexterity do!? :D

You can point the stats and see what they do.

Strength = armor, Dexterity = dodge, Intelligence = resist

inky

Dont you hate getting a legendary that isnt a upgrade for your character...

LOL, nevermind an upgrade, at least something you can sell. Who is going to buy this crap from me:

LMVED.png

I saw some listed for 10k, which means people aren't even buying them at that price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom