• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beat Act I Inferno. I didn't know about the enrage timer until I complained about how much I was dying to a friend, whoops. So I to switch from my kiting build (darts/CC) to my glass cannon build (bears/VQ).

Now Act II... sigh. Now I'mmm mad.

goldensun

Both of these dropped within an hour of each other while doing Act IV farming.

xNUac.jpg

F8efc.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Gz goldensun :3

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
"We are restarting the server"

Holy mother fucking flying fucking fuck Blizzard, are you fucking kidding me? Is that the sixth "restart" in less than 24 hours? Hahahahahhahahahahahaha

EU servers can go eat my dick. So tired of how they're treating everyone in EU.

What do you guys think about this shield?

0bBtA.jpg

It doesn't have All Resist and the DEX obviously doesn't help a Barb that much, but it's hard to ignore the 24% block chance, the socket, and the 6.5% crit chance.

Yoshichan

Well, the plan was to not sleep today.

Did I honestly think that'd work with this game? Blizzard's restarting the EU servers and apparently they're gonna be offline for 2 hours.

It's like, they're not even trying. I'm not even trying anymore. I'm sick and tired of this; online-only is literally the worst thing I've ever gone through this generation - and I hope, no, I'm on my knees BEGGING to the Gaming-Gods that this will be the last piece of shit game that'll ever have this online-only strategy.

Abysmal, Blizzard. Absolutely abysmal.

edit: Playing on NA must feel great, eh guys? Have you guys even had one single issue the past 2 days? EU's had over 10 restarts, insane lag-spikes during certain periods, AH bugging out completely (sometimes not giving us the money from items we've sold and sometimes they're not working at all). Well, enjoy NA-GAF.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Screenshot005.jpg

Is this worth much? Should I bother putting it in the AH?

While the magic/gold find is tempting, strength does nothing much for a monk. May be worth 50k-400k, depending on how insane pricing is right now.

I don't think 10+ magic AND gold find is common.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

Did I honestly think that'd work with this game? Blizzard's restarting the EU servers and apparently they're gonna be offline for 2 hours.

It's like, they're not even trying. I'm not even trying anymore. I'm sick and tired of this; online-only is literally the worst thing I've ever gone through this generation - and I hope, no, I'm on my knees BEGGING to the Gaming-Gods that this will be the last piece of shit game that'll ever have this online-only strategy.

edit: Playing on NA must feel great, eh guys? Have you guys even had one single issue the past 2 days? EU's had over 10 restarts, insane lag-spikes during certain periods, AH bugging out completely (sometimes not giving us the money from items we've sold and sometimes they're not working at all). Well, enjoy NA-GAF.

Seems like EU-Blizzard needs to get better servers. Haven't seen a single server restart in days on NA servers. Then again i do not play Diablo 3 all the time. Just like 2 or 3 hours everyday or something.

parasight

NA was down most of Tuesday.The AH is the same thing, broken most of the time.

Bisnic

+1. Why oh why oh why? Makes no damn sense.... what bothers me the most is that there is literally no good reason it had to be this way.

I thought it was mostly to stop duping of items which was a huge issue in Diablo 2 apparently.(never played it)

Ketch

I thought it was mostly to stop duping of items which was a huge issue in Diablo 2 apparently.(never played it)

They solved this problem in D2 by not allowing single player characters online. Which is what they should have done here.

Hahahah. I was just getting destroyed in a hell diablo run. Why? Because I wasn't in Hell, I was in Inferno. Inferno bug is messed up. Is that how people find loot, they just hide behind the people that have a reason to be there?

Bisnic

Maybe, but why is that a good reason to keep me from playing offline? And how does online only stop hackers?

Well, if all the characters and items are stored on Blizzard servers, hackers can't dupe anything.

Still doesn't stop them from stealing accounts though. >_>

Opiate

They solved this problem in D2 by not allowing single player characters online. Which is what they should have done here.

That most definitely did not stop the problem. Dupers still got online.

And if I could play offline none of that crap would effect me at all.

But it would hugely affect me. I have no interest in single player and I'd have to put up with dupers so that you could play alone. At least, in theory. If dupes still show up then obviously all bets are off.

Yoshichan

Heading to bed.

Even I realize that I'm too tired for this game when I die from stupid mistakes and I smash the keyboard at a wall, destroying it satisfactorily. Was a great day (played flawlessly) until EU Blizz decided to restart the servers and I had to do that specific part from scratch. That specific part requires you to be 100% patient. I'm not patient when I have to redo the same shit because of a restart that wasn't even my fault to begin with.

Good night.

Ketch

Yet it would greatly affect me, who never played d2 in single player mode and wouldn't play d3 in single player mode. Blizzard is damned if they do, damned if they don't

They did do, and damn them.

That most definitely did not stop the problem. Dupers still got online.

But it would hugely affect me. I have no interest in single player and I'd have to put up with dupers so that you could play alone. At least, in theory. If dupes still show up then obviously all bets are off.

Aren't dupes the reason the commodity AH has been down this whole time? And either way, online only hasn't really been all that great so far... in my opinion, I'd much rather have my way then let you have yours. =)

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
You know, I just realized something that likely makes Act II harder then Blizzard expected, this is the only act where half the enemy has periods of invunrability. The hornets which shoot the small flies can fly over terrain you can't hit them, the things that lob fire bombs can't be hurt when they jump, there are two enemies which burrow underground (The worms and the sand crawler things), and the snake things can't be hit when invisible.

Gaf, I love Act II.

This is my debut find, from a normal monster:
Nuhmj.jpg

I checked really random ranges on the AH... what do you think it goes for?

Sothpaw

You know, I just realized something that likely makes Act II harder then Blizzard expected, this is the only act where half the enemy has periods of invunrability. The hornets which shoot the small flies can fly over terrain you can't hit them, the things that lob fire bombs can't be hurt when they jump, there are two enemies which burrow underground (The worms and the sand crawler things), and the snake things can't be hit when invisible.

Then you get lickers and phasebeasts in act 3 :/

johnsmith

remember me
Act 1 inferno has been surprisingly easy for me so far. Just beat the Skeleton King for the first time, and incredibly all 3 rares I got were useful upgrades for me. That weapon more than doubled my enchantress's DPS. I thought their damage was negligible, but hers is 2900 vs my 8600, so that's a nice extra chunk of damage she'll be doing.

qF5VF.jpg

Here are my buffed stats. Any other barbarian players got advice on what I should focus on raising now? (besides my gold) Here's my buffed stats
uvdAC.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom