• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gotchaye

Truth. Don't get why Wizards wanna stack vit so much. Just don't get hit.

Anybody here willing to give me access to Act 3 Inferno WP? Getting bored of Act 1 and 2.

I don't think I'd have gotten to the first Act 3 boss without the ability to take a hit. Quill Fiends, Skeleton Archers, and Soul Rippers were destroying me before I tanked up a bit.

The way force armor works now, you have a huge incentive to be just tanky enough that enemies are doing ~135% of your max HP in damage and then very little reason to be tankier. And that's achievable - we're not competing with monks and we still get one-shot without force armor on. You don't need to stack huge amounts of Vit, but having something like 25-30k HP and the armor/resists to back it up helps enormously.

Edit: Also, I could give you a WP if you're on US. Gotchaye#1868

Ashhong

Hmmmm why can't I take a picture of the game with print screen? It just takes a picture of whatever is open under the game. Playing fullscreen.

Also how do you guys get multiple items to display their stats at the same time?

Gotchaye

Hmmmm why can't I take a picture of the game with print screen? It just takes a picture of whatever is open under the game. Playing fullscreen.

Also how do you guys get multiple items to display their stats at the same time?

It shows up in your Documents/Diablo 3 folder.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Truth. Don't get why Wizards wanna stack vit so much. Just don't get hit.

You say that like its super easy to not get hit. I can't do anything against enemies that moves really fast when diamond skin or teleport are on cooldown.

Agkel

can someone spawn me a diablo in nightmare difficulty? I'm lv 51 and dont feel like doing act IV

Agkel#1753
US Servers

Can anyone comment on whether or not any of these items are good / terrible? I don't know anything about Witch Doctor or Demon Hunter, so I don't know what stats are in the highest regard, but the stat distribution looks good at a glance.

ElqDp.jpg

Flnd6.jpg

Also this shield which I posted on a previous page but no response. I realize it's missing All Resist, but the fact that it has such a massive block rate, as well as crit rate (somethign sorely lacking on most Barbs), it could be pretty interesting.

0bBtA.jpg

Acerac

Banned
OK, I just got a 1 handed bow that does 965 dps, gives 10 discipline, 145 vit, and 200 int.

What the hell do I price that at? That's a lot of vit and dps to go with 10 discipline...

Gotchaye

Ugh, but it's sooo expensive to get on a high dps weapon.

What about a socket and a high-end of whatever kind of gem gives life-on-hit? You can get that up to about 200 with gems 2 tiers past what drops. That's probably more like 300 for the best without a recipe.

alife

I don't think I'd have gotten to the first Act 3 boss without the ability to take a hit. Quill Fiends, Skeleton Archers, and Soul Rippers were destroying me before I tanked up a bit.

The way force armor works now, you have a huge incentive to be just tanky enough that enemies are doing ~135% of your max HP in damage and then very little reason to be tankier. And that's achievable - we're not competing with monks and we still get one-shot without force armor on. You don't need to stack huge amounts of Vit, but having something like 25-30k HP and the armor/resists to back it up helps enormously.

Edit: Also, I could give you a WP if you're on US. Gotchaye#1868

I've just accepted the fact that as a wizard, you're squishy. I agree though, there are times where I would like to stack some vit, but having such low HP forces me to think on my feet, and I really enjoy the challenge.

I just hit 60 so I'll see what kinda stuff drops for me later on or what AH offers. ATM though, it's just fun trying to dodge everything (e.g. when Skeleton King does his teleport swing attack and I dodge, it's a complete "u mad?" moment, and it's gratifying).

squidyj

Ugh, I can't seem to farm for crap. I haven't seen a million gold in my bank, ever. What can I do to get stuff that I can sell for a decent amount? It seems to be going quite slowly on my wizard with all the kiting I have to do.

alife

You say that like its super easy to not get hit. I can't do anything against enemies that moves really fast when diamond skin or teleport are on cooldown.

My bad, I didn't mean to sound arrogant at all. I'm just curious if anyone else has a similar play style as me, 'cus I would love to brainstorm on practical builds for low HP wizards and so forth.

I literally do try to avoid every single hit that comes at me and have successfully dodged attacks that have saved my life in-game multiple times. It gives me a rewarding game play -style that is more fast-paced and twitchy.

Grouping with other people requires me to switch some of my skills out but I basically just kite with Blizzard and Venom Hydra, and buzzsaw mobs with Shock Pulse (Piercing Orbs). I also love stacking attack speed %, so you can dish out a horde of attacks before your enemy can even try to reach you. I plant my Blizzard's at places where I anticipate enemies will teleport or move towards. Knowing the layout of the maps your're running helps a lot too, e.g. using piercing orbs around stairs and corners so you can avoid arrows and other projectiles. Having 4700 HP FORCES you to never get hit and you develop a different skill set and play style.

Diamond Skin can give me troubles once in a while, such as input lag, but it's saved me loads of times and it requires some timing in order to get it right. Using Diamond Skin well requires me to observe each spot of the map/area, each enemy, each group member if I am in a party, and so forth, so that I can anticipate when exactly I need to activate. I've literally activated DS at last-second moments that give off the feeling of, "u mad?", and dodging is fun as hell too.

Edit: I made it from level 1-60, Normal to Inferno, with no more than 4700 HP my entire wizard career. Not saying that it's impressive but it's totally possible.

Can anyone comment on whether or not any of these items are good / terrible? I don't know anything about Witch Doctor or Demon Hunter, so I don't know what stats are in the highest regard, but the stat distribution looks good at a glance.

ElqDp.jpg
Flnd6.jpg

Also this shield which I posted on a previous page but no response. I realize it's missing All Resist, but the fact that it has such a massive block rate, as well as crit rate (somethign sorely lacking on most Barbs), it could be pretty interesting.

0bBtA.jpg

Anyone?

RDreamer

Great amulet, but damn, 25M. I haven't even made 10M yet. lol

Yeah, I've yet to even hit 1.5 mil. I usually spend it before it gets anywhere near that. I've been over 1 million twice so far. I've only ever sold one thing for more than a million, too, and that wasn't something I found. It was something I saw on the AH for 500,000 and knew I could sell for a million.

I could probably flip my helm I got on the AH for a million or two, though:

eNwc9.jpg

but I think I'll just continue to use it for now.

I could also flip the awesome String of Ears I got on the AH for only 88k. It's got 50/50 dex and vit. 11 resist all, each hit adds 80 life, +102 armor, and it's got 15% reduce damage from melee attacks. The lower end of the SOE market is 400,000, and that's for the 10% reduced.

Ketch

Surely you can see why duping is a major problem for a large portion of the player base?

Surely you can see that always online is a major problem for a large portion of the player base. /snide

hahahahahah what? you think that solved the problem in d2? you're kidding yourself.

But then you are in the same problem. I wouldn't want to only play offline.

I'll just sum up my opinion in response to these replies. I didn't play D2 online very much, so I don't know this for myself, but from what you guys are saying duping items is the big reason they went to always online. But I don't think that's a good reason because:

1. I didn't play D2 online so duping never affected me.... and it wouldn't affect me here either, or at least not nearly as much as all problems that are screwing me now.

2. They should have been able to fix the issue without disabling all of the offline play options. Knowing it would be an issue going in, they should have been able to fix it in the programming or game design itself (which you could argue always online was their fix at the game design level, which leads me to point 3)

3. Maybe they fixed the duping issue, but it's 6 of one half dozen of the other, if they are having all these issues then what they fixed didn't really fix anything.... it just created a whole host of new problems (stolen accounts, angry yoshichans, etc).

Now obviously all the server maintenance issues and AH problems and all the crap will eventually be a non issue. But even when all the problems are fixed and everyone is all happy that there's no item duping, I won't be able to play when I'm away from home for work, which is all the fricken time, with just my laptop to comfort me.... Which really really sucks, D2 was totally that game for me, and I'm really loving D3... but it'll never be able to do that same thing.... and that makes me sad, which is then again compounded by all this bullshit that's been going on since launch.

RDreamer

The Mojo seems pretty decent. you could get a couple hundred thousand for it I think. It's hard to tell though since it's so damned hard to look those things up.

Don't know about the quiver.

The shield is, unfortunately almost worthless. It's got high block and the crit chance is nice. Dex and vit is also decent. But, most monks aren't going to equip a shield without all resistance.

Gotchaye

Ugh, I can't seem to farm for crap. I haven't seen a million gold in my bank, ever. What can I do to get stuff that I can sell for a decent amount? It seems to be going quite slowly on my wizard with all the kiting I have to do.

I feel like the way the game is structured there's not going to be an efficient way to farm useful items for sale on the AH until you can get to Act 3 Inferno. There are now enough people who have the ability to farm Act 3 and 4 relatively efficiently that someone who can only farm Act 1 or 2 with difficulty is just screwed. Drops that would be amazing in Act 1 are outclassed by fairly frequent drops in Act 3 (I'm certainly finding that I'm vendoring weapons that I would have killed for back in Act 1), so people who are farming Act 3 put them up and price them to move.

People that were among the first to get to inferno made a lot of money on the second wave, but the second wave is going to struggle because the first wave is now farming Act 3/4 and using the better drops to undercut their Act 1 items.

Prices have come way, way down for items that are pretty good for Act 1. I got to Inferno very quickly, though I stalled out for more than a week on Act 2, and over that time I went from finding something like one 500k item each Butcher run to being lucky to find a 100k item. Then I got to Act 3 last week, and pretty quickly found two items that sold for 750k. Now those would probably only go for 100-250k.

Edit: The upside, of course, is that it's now possible to buy gear that's more than sufficient for Act 1 Inferno with just the cash that you have on hand from playing to level 60.

Superman00

Liverpool01
Yeah, I've yet to even hit 1.5 mil. I usually spend it before it gets anywhere near that. I've been over 1 million twice so far. I've only ever sold one thing for more than a million, too, and that wasn't something I found. It was something I saw on the AH for 500,000 and knew I could sell for a million.

I could probably flip my helm I got on the AH for a million or two, though:

eNwc9.jpg

but I think I'll just continue to use it for now.

I could also flip the awesome String of Ears I got on the AH for only 88k. It's got 50/50 dex and vit. 11 resist all, each hit adds 80 life, +102 armor, and it's got 15% reduce damage from melee attacks. The lower end of the SOE market is 400,000, and that's for the 10% reduced.

The most gold I had was about 2.5 million. I been hovering about 1 million lately. But all my gears probably worth about 6-7 million.

well just completed azmodan hell dificulty, and act IV is kicking my ass :S I guees my gear is just bad and want to buy new stuff...

azmodan dropped this:

HKp3l.jpg

does anyone know if I can sell it to get money so I can buy new gear?

Wallach

Haha I knew you were going to pull the trigger eeks. I think in the end it's worth the scratch.

On a side note, since I had to go back and do like all of Act 2 Inferno (since it removed my access to Act 3), I did that and fuckin' slamdanced on everything in my path. I died a total of like 8 times from start to finish of the entire act (shut up this is impressive for me) and even one shot that dick at the end to top it off. Smug as fuck right now. Stay free Act 2, I won't be back.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Haha I knew you were going to pull the trigger eeks. I think in the end it's worth the scratch.

On a side note, since I had to go back and do like all of Act 2 Inferno (since it removed my access to Act 3), I did that and fuckin' slamdanced on everything in my path. I died a total of like 8 times from start to finish of the entire act (shut up this is impressive for me) and even one shot that dick at the end to top it off. Smug as fuck right now. Stay free Act 2, I won't be back.

Worth it until they do something to nerf Life on Hit.

Why the hell does Life Leech (as a %) even exist when it is so restricted by difficulty, but a flat rate like Life on Hit not get nerfed based on difficulty?

Some of the design decisions Blizzard made with this game make no sense.

So what are you guys farming as a fresh 60? I have a dh with 60k dps and cleared act 1 but I never get anything good or remotely decent. I am guessing to run through act 1 with gf gear and buy my gear?

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
So what are you guys farming as a fresh 60? I have a dh with 60k dps and cleared act 1 but I never get anything good or remotely decent. I am guessing to run through act 1 with gf gear and buy my gear?

I basically just do Warden/Butcher runs and vendor most of stuff. Usually might get one-two items you can AH for 50kish or so. Then randomly you can get a really good item.

Gah, so many yellows dropped on that butcher run but nothing good, or remotely good =/

I've done it probably 25 times. About 50% of the time I get something that is at least worth putting on the AH, about 20% of the time something that is actually worth 500k+, and so far only once have I gotten a good upgrade for myself.

squidyj

I've done it probably 25 times. About 50% of the time I get something that is at least worth putting on the AH, about 20% of the time something that is actually worth 500k+, and so far only once have I gotten a good upgrade for myself.

where is this? if I'm lucky butcher will drop something I can ah for 50k, but only if I'm very lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom