• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

KKRT00

Anyone playing HC inferno? How far are you guys? I'm at the crown quest in A1 and it feels so damn dangerous. Switched to farming dank cellar for gold to upgrade my gear. Really no idea when I feel safe enough to try Butcher for example. In softcore I was barely able to kill Butcher with my Demon Hunter with a 750 dps bow within the enrage timer. In HC auction house there are no 700+ dps weapons at all, at least for 1hander.

Also the time-out buff on elite packs feel to come too quick. At least in HC when you kinda have to stack defensive stats. There is no way I can kill Shielding And/Or Extra Health packs in time.

Back to farming :p
What class? For my Monk 9k dps and damage aura is enough for Butcher and i'm safe all the time.

Ps. I'm farming this right now and i'm already bored ;\ http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=GAavDQSY2T8

Ferrio

Banned
Would a barb actually use this?

p1DES.png

Acerac

Banned
So what are you guys farming as a fresh 60? I have a dh with 60k dps and cleared act 1 but I never get anything good or remotely decent. I am guessing to run through act 1 with gf gear and buy my gear?

I'm farming the AH. In a couple days I've gotten over 10 mil worth of stock along with enough gear to demolish act 1 and a 200%+ MF set if I get bored enough to farm chests. Have been able to help my friends out with some nice gear as well.

$19 for a million, 25 x 19 = $475.

Whoops, meant to type 475 not 425.

Where do you sell gold for that much? I can use some quick cash...

Card Boy

Banned
I hope when they finally add the promised PvP that was shown prior to release that it has preset items (like Guild Wars 1), limited runes and skills. Most of the SP content is too OP for Arena TDM/PvP. Ideally it would be balanced from the groud up and it would have a PvE and PvP version of a skill.

Danj

Okay, so I'm guessing these stats completely suck or something for a level 25 Wizard on Normal:

Strength: 144
Dexterity: 71
Intelligence: 336
Vitality: 80

Armor: 841
DPS: 91.10

Which ones do I need to fix and what should they be instead? I'm assuming that I'll have to buy stuff on the AH to fix whatever the problem is.

Sothpaw

Okay, so I'm guessing these stats completely suck or something for a level 25 Wizard on Normal:

Strength: 144
Dexterity: 71
Intelligence: 336
Vitality: 80

Armor: 841
DPS: 91.10

Which ones do I need to fix and what should they be instead? I'm assuming that I'll have to buy stuff on the AH to fix whatever the problem is.

I didn't use the auction house until I was level 60. Really not needed for normal. The most important thing you need to do, by far, is equip the weapon with the highest dps stat. If you're doing that, you should get through at least nightmare without any problems.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I did a leisurely run at the start of Act 1 with gold find. 190k/hr sound about right? I have 161 base + NV stack for 236 although I swap some attack speed rings on and off for 200.

Thrakier

I'm farming the AH. In a couple days I've gotten over 10 mil worth of stock along with enough gear to demolish act 1 and a 200%+ MF set if I get bored enough to farm chests. Have been able to help my friends out with some nice gear as well.

How do you do it? I mean how do you know the real value of those items and if they sell?

Well I tried Act 2 again now that I have 14k DPS, 50k Health, and about 500 all resist without warcry, and man it was easier. I was shocked.

I managed to get 4 stacks of NV before I left to go do another butcher run. At least I know my hard work is paying off, I'll be glad when I can farm Maghda the same way I'm currently farming Butcher.

Salih

On EU Servers here - how worthy are these plans?

mvt9k.jpg

i wanted to search for them on the AH but for some reason no plans ever shows up. bug?

Maximus.

As much as I love this game, farming Inferno is a pain in the ass! As an under equipped barb, its so hard to farm elite mobs, and the AH prices are ridiculous.

As much as I love this game, farming Inferno is a pain in the ass! As an under equipped barb, its so hard to farm elite mobs, and the AH prices are ridiculous.

There are your problems. You shouldn't expect to "farm" if you're under equipped. Go back to Hell, or be prepared for the game to be hard.

Card Boy

Banned
Great getting 400 to 2500 pings here. Gotta love always online DRM, this has being happening all the time since launch around primetime for me. I attack and the animation happens like 5 seconds latter. Im glad i have no intention of making a hardcore character.

anyone wanna sell their Inferno Mats? I'm running low on essence & tears. crafted 3 doomcasters yesterday and the other 2 came in at 600-700 DPS (pretty much duds) but I sold the 900+ DPS crossbow for 2.5 mil.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Just ran one of the goblin farming spots 20+ times and didn't get a goblin once. Either I just got extremely unlucky, or they're nerfing goblin farming.

edit: of course as soon as I post this I would get one to spawn.

KKRT00

Cobano

Neo Member
I lag even in the character screen now. Even my login-screen lags, man if I don't figure out soon why this game wont run properly for me I'll give up.

meep!

Neo Member
I have a pretty hard time making money at 60. Anything below 800 dps doesn't seem to really sell, and if they do it's for really small sum of money. How do you guys actually make those millions?
I see alot of people talking about playing the AH, but I'm not even sure what to look for. What kind of items are you generally buying and reselling?

Wallach

I have a magic find question. If my magic find is 100% does that mean there'll be a magic item in every drop?

Nope, it means you have twice as much chance to get one as you did previously. That applies to all item class types. So if you have a .5% chance of getting a legendary off X event for example, you now have a 1% chance.

Bradach

Nope, it means you have twice as much chance to get one as you did previously. That applies to all item class types. So if you have a .5% chance of getting a legendary off X event for example, you now have a 1% chance.
Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up

Ferrio

Banned
anyone wanna sell their Inferno Mats? I'm running low on essence & tears. crafted 3 doomcasters yesterday and the other 2 came in at 600-700 DPS (pretty much duds) but I sold the 900+ DPS crossbow for 2.5 mil.

No, but I'd love to have some crafted for me.. heh Got the mats.

Kreunt

Banned
gave up on my dream of making it through act 2 as a dual wield monk without resists :(

now running 600 resists, 5000 armor and only about 10k dps. need to save for a decent weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom