• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Good morning D3GAF.

I'm not even going to bother asking if EU's gone through any troubles today. I don't think I've ever raged as much as I did yesterday for D3. And for what, exactly? It's not even worth it.

AH makes people buy countless items since it gives errors at buying and then still randomly gives the players the items a while later.

Prezhulio

it's saturday morning, fucking really blizzard there wasn't a more opportune time to do this? at this rate it's gonna take me forever to finish this game on normal even with all the server shut downs and login issues i've experienced.

ack, i wish i had more time to play in my life. but i got 20 minutes in this morning and the rest of the day is busy starting in an hour, so unless it comes back very quickly...

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Its only ever shown up for me in act 4. Teleporting back into town.

If I remember right, someone told me here that its next to the followers in act 3.

Insaniac

anybody tried/using a crit strike build for wizard? It seems pretty fun so far but its still frustrating even in hell when you encounter molten/fire chain mobs ugh.

anyways what equipment increases chance to Crit? I've got a Helm, amulet and gloves so far

I think I'm jinxing every server I create a char in!

For how long this server shutdown will take in the US? anyone knows?

an hour

Support Forum Agent said:
We will be performing rolling restarts on Saturday, June 2nd, beginning at 5:00 AM PDT. Downtime is expected to be minimal, and the entire process should take approximately 1 hour to complete.

Thank you for your patience.

Toma

I think I'm jinxing every server I create a char in!

For how long this server shutdown will take in the US? anyone knows?

Even if they say something.. they announced maintenance from 3-4 and ended up having maintenance from 1-5 in the EU a while ago, so eh.

Lanbeast

Audίoboxer;38425923 said:
A wizard. We blasted through Normal, only 1 or 2 deaths, but I anticipated Nightmare being a little more of a challenge. It's not really that hard so far, only a few deaths from her getting over crowded. We're at the end of act 1.

I decided to make myself a walking tank to prepare my mind for hell/inferno as we will be co-oping it. It's her first Diablo game so she's quite squishy as a wizard.

Your build plays quite well in a 15 min solo attempt, kill things a lot quicker, but I quite like the mobility/defense of the one I posted. Think I just love leap :p

I tweaked it a little changing 'superstition' for 'beserker rage' to have a little higher damage output. The build I posted hardly uses fury besides earthquake which is on a 2min cooldown so I'm frequently running around with max fury.

If you use leap with the stun rune, and ground stomp with the rune that pulls everyone in, it might help your girlfriend be able to stand back and pew pew. You can keep everyone stunned in a circle for ~7 seconds with that build. Part of the beauty of the game is being able to play with all the skills!

J0dy77

Can anyone explain "Life on Hit" to me. I get the concept but how does it work with Monk skills? I've used Life steal and that definitely doesn't work fully with skills. There are times when I've hit packs of mobs for 300k damage and not seen anywhere near the life benefit.

Will this be for every mob I hit with every swing? If it is only in my off hand how often is the off hand taken into account with skills like deadly reach and crippling wave?

Rather than put it on the AH, any monk want to buy this or trade for some nice DH gear? I'm on US server BT plbelanger#1923 if you want to add me.
c7obx.jpg

Diablo III |OT3| Can I get a price check?

Can anyone explain "Life on Hit" to me. I get the concept but how does it work with Monk skills? I've used Life steal and that definitely doesn't work fully with skills. There are times when I've hit packs of mobs for 300k damage and not seen anywhere near the life benefit.

Will this be for every mob I hit with every swing? If it is only in my off hand how often is the off hand taken into account with skills like deadly reach and crippling wave?
CHeck this video if it helps at all.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33UDzGZTHPI

Toma

How does it work? Care to elaborate?

Worked for me yesterday:

Sure you're doing it right? I'll try when i get home.

1. Select the section in hell mode in single player.
2. Start your game.
3. Leave your game.
4. Go to public games, pick the inferno version of that section.
5. Join game it, leave it
6. Resume game.

LordAlu

Is anyone making an official D3 Trading and Appraisal thread yet?
Since no-one has taken it up and it has been suggested several times, I'm writing one out at the moment. No big images or anything but once I've generally written one I'll post it and it can be used for selling and suggesting AH prices, and this thread can be more for complaining about Blizzard :p

Anyone have anything they recommend should be in the first post? I'm coming up with a format for posting items you want to sell to GAFfers (i.e. Item name, BattleTag, Region, Picture of item) etc, but I'm open to other suggestions?

Toma

Hazaro can you repost how much plans were worth with how many stats, i cant find back your post :(

4 stats - worth shit
5 stats - worth something
6 stats - 1M+

LordCanti

4 stats - worth shit
5 stats - worth something
6 stats - 1M+

Depending on the 6 stat, could be multiple millions. My one handed hammer plans (+6) went for 2m yesterday.

Since no-one has taken it up and it has been suggested several times, I'm writing one out at the moment. No big images or anything but once I've generally written one I'll post it and it can be used for selling and suggesting AH prices, and this thread can be more for complaining about Blizzard :p

Anyone have anything they recommend should be in the first post? I'm coming up with a format for posting items you want to sell to GAFfers (i.e. Item name, BattleTag, Region, Picture of item) etc, but I'm open to other suggestions?

Keep it simple; Maybe a quick explanation of how to take a screenshot/use paint to crop out just the item you're selling, and a template for posting the item (like you mentioned).

Then the thread rules obviously (buying/selling/appraisals, whether or not "services" are okay such as power leveling, etc).

Won

Inferno Azmodan down. That ended up a pretty hard fight thanks to lag and bugs. Invisible Void zones are a bit hard to avoid.

Killed that first boss thingy in Act 4 too, but I will farm a bit more and play some other chars before making progress Act 4 I guess.

Audioboxer

How much would you guys say this is worth? I'm terrible at pricing AH items, either seem to sell too cheaply, or sit for 2 days doing nothing - I don't price anything really high, I guess I've just been putting crap items on the AH for the later part.

Screenshot004.jpg

General AH tips would be appreciated.

Dunlop

Soloing Butcher on Hell,

having fun, kiting like a superstar get him to 1% when he suddenly slams me from across the screen (I'm a DH and was at max range) to one shot me with SS on.

Time for a calming break....

Toma

Got a Plan: Wall of Bone yesterday on Normal. I can't see it on auction house...

How would you price legendary recipes ?

Keep it until the AH for commodities is back up and then check what its worth, but I assume way more than the normal recipes.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
Soloing Butcher on Hell,

having fun, kiting like a superstar get him to 1% when he suddenly slams me from across the screen (I'm a DH and was at max range) to one shot me with SS on.

Time for a calming break....

whats ur health and dmg?

i just solo'd him last night, twice. as a DH.

TheExodu5

Banned
There's no reason to get hit by any of butcher's attacks but his multi-chain. Everything should be easily avoidable.

His slam is obvious. After he slams, get ready for the chain grab by strafing around him. That's about it.

j-wood

That's not just sick, that's disgusting. I don't care if it doesn't have dex, I'd use it on my Monk if I had it.

Question regarding items in this game. Do rare items always have a general set of stats that are the same (just the base stat not the actual number, I know that varies).

But if I wanted a lich s focus ammy, would it ha e close to those stats or something totally different if I found one?

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Question regarding items in this game. Do rare items always have a general set of stats that are the same (just the base stat not the actual number, I know that varies).

But if I wanted a lich s focus ammy, would it ha e close to those stats or something totally different if I found one?

The name is random and not related to the stats on rares at all.

eek5

Audίoboxer;38427030 said:
How much would you guys say this is worth? I'm terrible at pricing AH items, either seem to sell too cheaply, or sit for 2 days doing nothing - I don't price anything really high, I guess I've just been putting crap items on the AH for the later part.

Screenshot004.jpg

General AH tips would be appreciated.

When I price items on AH what I'll do is

1) Set the level range on your search. This is finding your target market. You don't have to price competitively with level 60 1000 dps weapons, just weapons in your level range. For a level 30 crossbow your target market is level 30 players which have their auctions automatically limited to that level so that's the items you'll be competing with.
2) Find some key stats (i.e. 66 dex) and set those fields on prefered stats
3) Search and sort by buyout (low to high). If there are too many results type in 1000000 into the Max buyout field at the bottom and try again.

Now this is the tricky part. You have to assess how valuable your item is compared to the ones that are listed. I generally find the closest match and undercut, sometimes even undercutting items worse than mine. Auctions are 36 hours so by the time you get new items to put up, you'll want this auction to be gone so you have space to list them. Always set a buyout unless you have a really good level 60 item that you want people to bid up (but this is risky!! auctions can go invisible still).

If the buyouts are too low I just vendor my items. It's always better to have free slots in case you find something good rather than clogging all 10 slots up with items nobody will buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom