• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.
The pain begins.

Came across my first 3 elite packs in Act 2 and I got my ass waxed

Couldn't put a dent in any of them with 20k dps (excluding sharpshooter, 38K with) on my DH

Those lacuni dudes are vicious too. One of them jumped from off screen on some Michael Jordan shit and laid me out cold

Time to start hustling on the AH

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
So what are people doing just to save up gold? I'm in Act I Inferno, and while I'm doing okay, I want to save up for some resist gear.

Are there any specific acts/quests that are good for gold gathering runs?

I have a set of Gold Find %+ gear in the bank, but I don't think it would carry me past Hell Act III or so.

rybrad

Can anyone hit me with a good DH build for Inferno and stat priority? I have been trying to level really fast to replace my Monk in my group so haven't been experimenting much.

C7Jpz.png

Any help? Should I just delete that file?

RivalCore

So what are people doing just to save up gold? I'm in Act I Inferno, and while I'm doing okay, I want to save up for some resist gear.

Are there any specific acts/quests that are good for gold gathering runs?

I have a set of Gold Find %+ gear in the bank, but I don't think it would carry me past Hell Act III or so.

Go to the Royal Crypts and break the ash containers. A quick run (like a minute) will net you 7-12k depending on your GF and luck. Plus it's consistent unlike the Dank cellar.

forrest

formerly nacire
Yeah I have a feeling all of the best items are being bought and paid for by the goldfarmers and being relisted at crazy prices.

nowai

Wohoo killed Butcher inferno no problems. WD makes it feel easy. Still no real problems on inferno for my very underdeveloped WD.

But from what I've heard, the true sex starts now at act 2.

Just did this last night on my WD and act 2 raped me.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Aaaaaand another Belial kill (Cooperation) just for good measure. Eat it Belial. Eat it.

Mashing

People are paying so much for gold now because it'll become practically worthless when all the good stuff goes to RMAH. Right now gold is the only way to obtain awesome stuff. But I get what you're saying and yeah it does feel weird, but anyone buying enough gold for a 20-30m weapon is wasting their money, as when the RMAH rolls around things will be much, much cheaper compared to the rate now (if one is buying gold).

Also I've probably made over 50 million flipping on the AH since the game came out, most of which I've spent, so how do you think it makes me feel? =p

Gold will not become worthless as you are still going to need it for blacksmithing and jewelcrafting (mainly blacksmithing).

dallow_bg

nods at old men
After playing about 30 hours, reading discussions here, talking with friends, I feel the auction house kind ruins part of the fun of the game since you can just buy top gear. I used to be impressed when I saw people in game in D2 with ultra rare items (pre-duping era) but now....

Petrie

Banned
After playing about 30 hours, reading discussions here, talking with friends, I feel the auction house kind ruins part of the fun of the game since you can just buy top gear. I used to be impressed when I saw people in game in D2 with ultra rare items (pre-duping era) but now....

For me playing the AH game is just another level of the fun.

TheExodu5

Banned
How do you respec followers?

People with ultra rare items in d2 usually got them by trading.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I finally decided to check out all my gear... and I realized, I'm actually abysmally geared :lol Oh well! Skill > Gear, right? RIGHT?!

TheExodu5

Banned
I find it really annoying that you can walk 20 yards away from an enemy while they're doing a melee swing and they still end up hitting you, even though you're nowhere near them.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Does this worth something?
http://i.imgur.com/5VzSP.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

[URL="http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=476554"]http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=476554[/URL]

[quote="TheExodu5, post: 38429538"]I find it really annoying that you can walk 20 yards away from an enemy while they're doing a melee swing and they still end up hitting you, even though you're nowhere near them.[/QUOTE]

I find it really funny you posted that below a post of Yoshichan.

Will a bow or xbow always be better than dual wielding handbows?

2h bows will go up to 1.5k dps, and I see handbows going up to 1k dps. I do believe that the best handbows will net an extra 20% aspd. Might be the difference maker.

Also seen handbows with 10 discipline, so you could double that on top of a quiver.

LordCanti

I find it really annoying that you can walk 20 yards away from an enemy while they're doing a melee swing and they still end up hitting you, even though you're nowhere near them.

They literally designed it this way. They are dicks.

Will a bow or xbow always be better than dual wielding handbows?

2h bows will go up to 1.5k dps, and I see handbows going up to 1k dps. I do believe that the best handbows will net an extra 20% aspd. Might be the difference maker.

Also seen handbows with 10 discipline, so you could double that on top of a quiver.

Right now, with the critical hits on Nether Tentacle being busted, there is no reason to go with hand crossbows. You'd be throwing DPS away.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I'm so stupid. Found a 6-properties Daibo plan and instead of selling it here I gave it to my Blacksmith, thinking that I'll make millions of the weapons I'm going to make.
450k and 3 terrible sticks later I started to regret this decision.

Raxus

I'm so stupid. Found a 6-properties Daibo plan and instead of selling it here I gave it to my Blacksmith, thinking that I'll make millions of the weapons I'm going to make.

You should have saved your supplies for 1.03. They are buffing crafting. Less materials, less cost.

Kyoufu

Yeah, screw RNG crafting. I hate it in every game.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...

Could you post the results? Curious.

Concept17

Got to hell mode with my WD, and kind of struggling to find a good build. I've had the most success with explosive frogs and firebats, and of course spirit walk and soul harvest.

This is roughly what my build has been, some skills have been swapping a lot, trying out different things. (had some success with grasp)

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#WcdUbk!ZYV!aaZZZY

Gear-wise I'm doing mostly fine, damage output is fine. Biggest problem so far has been running out of mana, no matter the build.

Any advice?

TheExodu5

Banned
Got to hell mode with my WD, and kind of struggling to find a good build. I've had the most success with explosive frogs and firebats, and of course spirit walk and soul harvest.

This is roughly what my build has been, some skills have been swapping a lot, trying out different things. (had some success with grasp)

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#WcdUbk!ZYV!aaZZZY

Gear-wise I'm doing mostly fine, damage output is fine. Biggest problem so far has been running out of mana, no matter the build.

Any advice?

Give my build a shot if you're quick with the mouse:

wd_inferno_build.png

Substitute Horrify/Grasp/Locust for Fetish Army if you so desire.

This build benefits a lot from movement speed and mana regen.

Well yeah. That still made things harder to get as you had to find people, have good stuff to trade for, or good friends.
Now it's really nothing.

Pretty much all the top players used d2jsp. It was forum camping, no different than the AH camping that goes on now. The AH just makes it more accessible for everyone.

Cipherr

I mean, I think about buying something from the AH for 1-2mil (the cost of most reasonable upgrades) and then I realize that I'm paying roughly $25-$50 bucks for that item (according to the current conversion rate) and it does my head in.

I don't really think about or feel like this at all. In game gold is in game gold to me. I don't ever really even think about what some shady website is selling gold for.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Could you post the results? Curious.
Sorry, sold all 3 already for a whooping 9999 gold.
Basically they were all 700-720 dps daibos with 50-10x dex and 100-250 vit.
You should have saved your supplies for 1.03. They are buffing crafting. Less materials, less cost.
I thought they're doing this only for the 1-59 crafts and Blacksmith upgrades (got mine to level 10 way before that announcement).

aristotle

Well glad I'm not the only one. Prior to the latest patch I was getting a solid FPS and the game ran amazing but I'm up to the Butcher in Inferno and just can get pass him due to this:

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5573698171?page=1

It's basically a slide show.

I had that problem last night as well. I died several times when everything stopped moving then boom!, "You have died." message popped up. It was annoying.

The real downside to having an always online SP experience is that there is no way for us, the end-users, to tell if it's a hardware/software problem on our end or if it's the stupid connection on their end. We basically just have to wait until they "fix" it, if they ever do. In games past, you could config your system yourself to fix any graphical/lag/bugs in your games by usually just editing an ini file somewhere. Now for D3 we have to wait for them to fix it or add in more servers. :(

After banging my head against the wall with Rakanoth on Hell, it's become pretty clear to me that Blizzard has forgotten what the "fun" kind of hard is.

Near undodgable one shots are not the "fun" kind of hard.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
After banging my head against the wall with Rakanoth on Hell, it's become pretty clear to me that Blizzard has forgotten what the "fun" kind of hard is.

Near undodgable one shots are not the "fun" kind of hard.
Keep him on edge of screen, kill every add that pops up instantly, and when the swords go into the ground spam your invuln ability like crazy.

It's not a fun fight at all. Did it barely with Earth ally, stacked movement speed (25%), and a DH with 50k DPS with me.

Petrie

Banned
So I bought the digital edition day of release, now I got my hands on a collectors. Am I to now be told that I can use the collectors to get the upgrades, but that in doing so I end up with one less copy of the actual game? That seems really, really dirty if so. Is that true?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom