• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
People collect low level legendaries? O_O

Some people collect all set items/legendaries. Some of the low level legendaries are cheap in the AH, the plans however..

Fucking finally found something good after like 2 nights of not finding dick. And it's even a pretty good upgrade to a slot I wanted to upgrade next anyway. Hooray \o/

fuEkP.jpg
Would you be interested in hocking your old gloves to a wonderfully nice gentleman, such as myself?

LordAlu

OKAY!

I have a trading thread all written out. It's even got (terrible) images in it. If we're all for having a dedicated trading thread then I'll post it up and link it here. I'll quickly post the selling/price checking/buying stuff here for you guys to have a quick look over, and if there's anything you think I should change mention it and i'll have a look.

Otherwise, I'll post it! :D

Selling Items IMG
So you want to sell some items to your fellow GAFfers? You're in luck - it's pretty easy! First off, each sale should match the following format. This will make it easier for everyone browsing the thread to see each item:

ITEM FOR SALE
Region: US/EU/ASIA

item.jpg

Price: XXX Gold (or nearest offer)

Do this for each item you're selling at the time and put them in one post, in their own quotes. If you want to sell more afterwards then make a separate post (unless you're already the last post, just edit your old one so there's no double-posting). Finally, if you do sell an item, please go back to your post and edit out the item that you've sold. That way you won't get people asking you for items you sold a week ago!​

Price Checking IMG

So you have an item and you want to sell it, but you're not sure what price to put it up at? Still take a screenshot but don't post it as an image. Instead:

PRICE CHECK

ITEM

Any information or stuff you want to mention

Post your item as a link. Please don't just post the link itself, but name the link based on the item name. The reason not to post the image itself is to make it simpler to separate sales from appraisals. Please try to follow this rule, although I am open to suggestions in any changes.​

Wanting To Buy IMG

Need an item, but it hasn't dropped for you? Too expensive to craft? Auction House not working still? Then why not ask a GAFfer if they have one or can make one for you? The general posting rule for buying an item is the same as asking for a price check:

WANT TO BUY!

1H Dagger - Kill

WILL OFFER: Price, items etc

Now obviously you may not have a screenshot of the item you want to buy, so instead please use Blizzard's item guide, located here -> http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/. Just find the item you want, click on the page, copy the link and post the link here within your request.​

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
OKAY!

I have a trading thread all written out. It's even got (terrible) images in it. If we're all for having a dedicated trading thread then I'll post it up and link it here. I'll quickly post the selling/price checking/buying stuff here for you guys to have a quick look over, and if there's anything you think I should change mention it and i'll have a look.

Otherwise, I'll post it! :D

Looks good!

Toma

We may want to talk about whether bidding is disencouraged or not. First come first serve would be my suggestion, otherwise that thread will end up having pages of people outbidding themselves on a good item.

LordAlu

Please make the trade thread. I need me some items/gold.
It'll be up in ten minutes or so. Just making some food! :D

We may want to talk about whether bidding is disencouraged or not. First come first serve would be my suggestion, otherwise that thread will end up having pages of people outbidding themselves on a good item.
It's actually part of the little rules section I have:

If you want to buy an item from someone in the thread, you can either talk in the thread or use PM's. That's up to you. I would probably not recommend giving out your BattleTag in the thread and would limit that to PM's just for security reasons (hey, you never know!). Bidding is not encouraged - make your offer to the seller, and if he decides he doesn't want to sell for that much, so be it. Don't get involved in bidding wars. Likewise sellers should not be inviting other GAFfers to bid for their item. If you set a price and someone offers it, sell it to the person who offered, don't "hold out" for someone to out-offer. FOR NOW, real money is a no-no. Please buy/sell your items only via the game and the in-game currency. Right now, please also don't advertise yourself for power-leveling. I'll probably change this but first I'd like the thread to get going with normal items!​

Toma

Anyone else feel weird paying millions of gold for things when people are buying gold for $20-$25/m?

Ugh... You... ARGH.

Once realized, you cant unrealize -___-

LordCanti

Ugh... You... ARGH.

I'm not saying people should be selling gold, just that they are. I find myself browsing the AH, and seeing items for what they're worth at the current gold/$ conversion rate, and thinking that things are way overpriced.

For instance, I see the top weapons going for 15-20m. At $25 per million, that's $500 potentially. Is a digital weapon really worth $500?

I don't get it. What do you mean?

I mean, I think about buying something from the AH for 1-2mil (the cost of most reasonable upgrades) and then I realize that I'm paying roughly $25-$50 bucks for that item (according to the current conversion rate) and it does my head in.

Toma

I'm not saying people should be selling gold, just that they are. I find myself browsing the AH, and seeing items for what they're worth at the current gold/$ conversion rate, and thinking that things are way overpriced.

For instance, I see the top weapons going for 15-20m. At $25 per million, that's $500 potentially. Is a digital weapon really worth $500?

Yeah sorry. I didnt mean it that way. I just... realized that i potentially buy weapons for 20$ instead of (illegally) selling the gold. And YOU made me realize it.

Its... oh god, all the money. T_T

zoukka

Wohoo killed Butcher inferno no problems. WD makes it feel easy. Still no real problems on inferno for my very underdeveloped WD.

But from what I've heard, the true sex starts now at act 2.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Anyone else feel weird paying millions of gold for things when people are buying gold for $20-$25/m?

People are paying so much for gold now because it'll become practically worthless when all the good stuff goes to RMAH. Right now gold is the only way to obtain awesome stuff. But I get what you're saying and yeah it does feel weird, but anyone buying enough gold for a 20-30m weapon is wasting their money, as when the RMAH rolls around things will be much, much cheaper compared to the rate now (if one is buying gold).

Also I've probably made over 50 million flipping on the AH since the game came out, most of which I've spent, so how do you think it makes me feel? =p

LordCanti

Yeah sorry. I didnt mean it that way. I just... realized that i potentially buy weapons for 20$ instead of (illegally) selling the gold. And YOU made me realize it.

Its... oh god, all the money. T_T

I know what you mean. At that conversion rate, I could pay for the game...twice.

I don't really want the hassle of selling gold though, so I won't.

Thread is ready to post. I'm thinking:

"Diablo III Buy/Sell/Trade thread of the AH isn't working again!"

Sounds good. Thanks for making a thread.

MedIC86

The gold is being sold at 20/25$/1KK, that doesnt mean you get it if you sell it yourself to a goldfarmer site or something like that.

Toma

I know what you mean. At that conversion rate, I could pay for the game...twice.

I don't really want the hassle of selling gold though, so I won't.

Yeah, but still. How fucking lucrative for goldsellers.

Toma

Thread is ready to post. I'm thinking:

"Diablo III Buy/Sell/Trade thread of the AH isn't working again!"

Remember to post in Community and read the post I posted above your second to last post please :p

Audioboxer

When I price items on AH what I'll do is

1) Set the level range on your search. This is finding your target market. You don't have to price competitively with level 60 1000 dps weapons, just weapons in your level range. For a level 30 crossbow your target market is level 30 players which have their auctions automatically limited to that level so that's the items you'll be competing with.
2) Find some key stats (i.e. 66 dex) and set those fields on prefered stats
3) Search and sort by buyout (low to high). If there are too many results type in 1000000 into the Max buyout field at the bottom and try again.

Now this is the tricky part. You have to assess how valuable your item is compared to the ones that are listed. I generally find the closest match and undercut, sometimes even undercutting items worse than mine. Auctions are 36 hours so by the time you get new items to put up, you'll want this auction to be gone so you have space to list them. Always set a buyout unless you have a really good level 60 item that you want people to bid up (but this is risky!! auctions can go invisible still).

If the buyouts are too low I just vendor my items. It's always better to have free slots in case you find something good rather than clogging all 10 slots up with items nobody will buy.

Thanks for the tips :)

LordAlu

Remember to post in Community and read the post I posted above your second to last post please :p
The one about bidding? I mentioned in my edit that I'd put a note about it being discouraged :D

If you want to buy an item from someone in the thread, you can either talk in the thread or use PM's. That's up to you. I would probably not recommend giving out your BattleTag in the thread and would limit that to PM's just for security reasons (hey, you never know!). Bidding is not encouraged - make your offer to the seller, and if he decides he doesn't want to sell for that much, so be it. Don't get involved in bidding wars. Likewise sellers should not be inviting other GAFfers to bid for their item. If you set a price and someone offers it, sell it to the person who offered, don't "hold out" for someone to out-offer. FOR NOW, real money is a no-no. Please buy/sell your items only via the game and the in-game currency. Right now, please also don't advertise yourself for power-leveling. I'll probably change this but first I'd like the thread to get going with normal items!​

LordCanti

The gold is being sold at 20/25$/1KK, that doesnt mean you get it if you sell it yourself to a goldfarmer site or something like that.

Do those sites buy gold? I figured they all just hack accounts and get their gold that way.

Yeah, but still. How fucking lucrative for goldsellers.

I'm not sure it's more lucrative than a regular job, but yeah, for sitting and playing a game it's pretty lucrative it seems.

If only Paypal wasn't such a POS and payments through them could actually be trusted. I'd sell my gold right now.

Toma

The one about bidding? I mentioned in my edit that I'd put a note about it being discouraged :D

bidding is not encouraged [/ highlight] (without the space after /)

That will become an issue if people dont understand it, better to make it clear ;)

ParityBit

Any suggestions for a build for a level 38 monk? I am playing Nightmare and I don't think I have my skills setup right. I am trying to move towards hell, but playing solo. [Dont want to join a public game with randoms]

zoukka

Aaand anything instagibs me in act 2 :)

I guess it's farming time for the first time during my D3 play. I guess jailer/butcher is a gud place to start?

syllogism

I mean, I think about buying something from the AH for 1-2mil (the cost of most reasonable upgrades) and then I realize that I'm paying roughly $25-$50 bucks for that item (according to the current conversion rate) and it does my head in.
It's the $ - gold conversion rate that is wrong, not the in-game price

LordCanti

Aaand anything instagibs me in act 2 :)

I guess it's farming time for the first time during my D3 play. I guess jailer/butcher is a gud place to start?

The AH is a better place to start :p

The junk that drops in A1 is atrocious. Unless you manage to get a legendary/set item.

It's the $ - gold conversion rate that is wrong, not the in-game price

Oh no doubt. The day the RMAH goes online, the price of gold will plummet.

Kyoufu

But you can apply that way of thinking with any virtual currency. If it bothers you that much, never ever play an MMO :p

Aesthet1c

So for the (last boss achievement spoiler)
Punch Diablo achievement, do I need to do anything special? I unequipped my weapons, and hit him a few times, and never got the achievement

Toma

The AH is a better place to start :p

The junk that drops in A1 is atrocious. Unless you manage to get a legendary/set item.
Oh no doubt. The day the RMAH goes online, the price of gold will plummet.

Starting with 10k DPS I managed to farm the first area of Act 2 with the enchantress tacked on (since it meant that champions couldnt regenerate since she never died)

LordCanti

But you can apply that way of thinking with any virtual currency. If it bothers you that much, never ever play an MMO :p

I don't play MMO's. Not since I got addicted to a Korean MMO as a child in the nineties :p

Diablo doesn't count ><

He tells himself to sleep better at night

url removed due to shadyness, but trust me there are sites who buy gold...

I feel like my computer caught something just going there.

Toma

I've seen people get banned for linking to those sites, you might want to remove that link.

He proved a point that there are sites buying it though, which I wasnt aware off. But damn, the money must be rolling now. I remember how Blizzard stated beforehand that such things wouldnt be possible with the innovative way D3 is handling these issues.

Ha!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Payback time is a bitch, eh Belial?

Beat him 3 times in a row (inferno) just to make sure I got everything down to a science. EZ.

LordCanti

He proved a point that there are sites buying it though, which I wasnt aware off. But damn, the money must be rolling now. I remember how Blizzard stated beforehand that such things wouldnt be possible with the innovative way D3 is handling these issues.

Ha!

They made the game global play. Game, set, match, gold farmers.

Aesthet1c

Ha!

Whatever Blizzard does, there are always going to be sites that buy and sell gold/items. The difference this time around is with the Real Money Auction House. If Blizzard has a sanctioned, safe way to do it, then very few people will rely on outside sources.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom