• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDreamer

Got to hell mode with my WD, and kind of struggling to find a good build. I've had the most success with explosive frogs and firebats, and of course spirit walk and soul harvest.

This is roughly what my build has been, some skills have been swapping a lot, trying out different things. (had some success with grasp)

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#WcdUbk!ZYV!aaZZZY

Gear-wise I'm doing mostly fine, damage output is fine. Biggest problem so far has been running out of mana, no matter the build.

Any advice?

With my Witch Doctor mana is furthest from my thoughts. It's been nearly impossible for me to run out. I use Spiritual Attunement and Vision Quest for passives. With Vision Quest you just pick other skills that will be on cool down, so that you have 300% mana regen. I have Gargantuan constantly on cool down, and Fetish Army. I also use Spirit Walk and Soul Harvest. So basically when I come to a group I spirit walk and soul harvest then get myself to a good spot and spam Firebats over and over. With 300% regen it's impossible to run out. My main single hit skill has been Spirit Barrage. With the mana rune I can't run out even without Vision Quest going. I also have a mana regen weapon and mojo, so find some of those.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Go to the Royal Crypts and break the ash containers. A quick run (like a minute) will net you 7-12k depending on your GF and luck. Plus it's consistent unlike the Dank cellar.

Thanks! Are you talking about on Inferno?

Wallach

They've nerfed the tits off resplendent chests, i was getting a guaranteed two rares with 170% magic find, now it's all blue shit and square gems.

I was feeling the same way. I'll definitely be going back to farming A3 champs for NV since I was getting 1-2 rares per kill guaranteed.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
They've nerfed the tits off resplendent chests, i was getting a guaranteed two rares with 170% magic find, now it's all blue shit and square gems.
Nah man, they're still Godlike to me. Maybe just specific Resplendent Chests?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
The very easy ones to go to have been nerfed, I think. Various ones that are harder to get to haven't though.
Exactly. I cleared act 2 inferno today and with 300% MF (x5 NV of course), the loot I got from those chests were insane to say the least.

Anyone know if farming with 4 people (no matter the mf %) increases the odds of better items drop ?

Not talking about shared mf.
Let's say everyone is at 0%, does 4 people increase the odds ?

Concept17

Give my build a shot if you're quick with the mouse:

wd_inferno_build.png

Substitute Horrify/Grasp/Locust for Fetish Army if you so desire.

This build benefits a lot from movement speed and mana regen.

Pretty much all the top players used d2jsp. It was forum camping, no different than the AH camping that goes on now. The AH just makes it more accessible for everyone.

With my Witch Doctor mana is furthest from my thoughts. It's been nearly impossible for me to run out. I use Spiritual Attunement and Vision Quest for passives. With Vision Quest you just pick other skills that will be on cool down, so that you have 300% mana regen. I have Gargantuan constantly on cool down, and Fetish Army. I also use Spirit Walk and Soul Harvest. So basically when I come to a group I spirit walk and soul harvest then get myself to a good spot and spam Firebats over and over. With 300% regen it's impossible to run out. My main single hit skill has been Spirit Barrage. With the mana rune I can't run out even without Vision Quest going. I also have a mana regen weapon and mojo, so find some of those.

I'll give these a try. I really have a hard time imagining NOT using soul harvest, its so good.

TheExodu5

Banned
I'll give these a try. I really have a hard time imagining NOT using soul harvest, its so good.

It's still good in Hell. Feel free to replace Grasp or Fetish Army with it. I don't like wasting a slot on it in Inferno.

Really, I don't find the extra damage all that worth it. It only gives you a lot of damage on 5+ packs, and those usually go down really fast with Locust Swarm anyways.

RS4-

Sorry, sold all 3 already for a whooping 9999 gold.
Basically they were all 700-720 dps daibos with 50-10x dex and 100-250 vit.

I thought they're doing this only for the 1-59 crafts and Blacksmith upgrades (got mine to level 10 way before that announcement).

lol and here I am with my 575 dps fist in inferno act 2 :(

tch

So I bought the digital edition day of release, now I got my hands on a collectors. Am I to now be told that I can use the collectors to get the upgrades, but that in doing so I end up with one less copy of the actual game? That seems really, really dirty if so. Is that true?

Contact Blizzard customer support after you upgrade using the CE code and they will transfer the copy to another account ( I called them because they take forever to answer support tickets online)

Petrie

Banned
Contact Blizzard customer support after you upgrade using the CE code and they will transfer the copy to another account ( I called them because they take forever to answer support tickets online)

Thank you. That's what I was hoping for. Do I need to have the second account already setup?

zoukka

So if do runs say jailer/butcher after defeating butcher what do I do? Do you lose the NV stacks every time you redo the run?

Ultrabum

As a DH what are my options? Everything I can think of is reactive and the move's only telegraphed for like 1/10 of a second (and that's if the boss is onscreen at the time).

That's the fun kind of hard. This feels cheap. Demon/Dark Souls is anything but.

Capra demon killing you .5 sec after entering wasn't cheap?

Beat Hell today. Got 60 last night and bought a nice cheap weapon upgrade that bumped my DPS up from 7k to 15k. After that the rest of Hell was insanely easy. I am enjoying Inferno so far but that is only cause I am on Act 1. I think I will farm it for a while since the money and drops are nice.

Love this game! May start working on my Barb or DH too now.

Okay, so I'm in Inferno A1, I want to gold farm. I have 500k gold, and probably need to upgrade 6 or 7 slots. Would it be smart of me to just blow all my money on semi decent survivability gear with an emphasis on gold find and then just farm early A1? I am having a lot of trouble deciding what pieces to buy first and when anything decent costs half my total stash it bothers me.

Someone needs to tell me what to do!

Cake Boss

Banned
I am almost into ACT2 of nightmare and just figured out how useless and shitty the blacksmithing is, He has given me shit at all and all of that gold and time wasted on this motherfucker.

Should have saved my money on the auction house than this motherfucker.

Deadly

The very easy ones to go to have been nerfed, I think. Various ones that are harder to get to haven't though.
What's considered easy though? I've got one that can be easy when it spawns nothing but most of the time there's a 1-2 pack of elites around...Right by waypoint though...

Oh yeah soul rippers are fucking bullshit

Shouta

What's considered easy though? I've got one that can be easy when it spawns nothing but most of the time there's a 1-2 pack of elites around...Right by waypoint though...

Oh yeah soul rippers are fucking bullshit

In general, the ones that are located in super easy/short dungeons and can be opened with a few deaths. Most of the Act 4 extra area Gold Chests seemed to be nerfed for this reason or they added extra conditions for them to spawn good loot.

Blitzhex

*applauds*

I couldn't even pass the first quest in Act2. Trying to save for a 1k damage weapon.

At this rate though, I might be able to get it come christmas.

Act 2 is a huge step up yeah, I used the guards at the city gates to tank my first 5 elite mobs and kinda farmed with x5 NV like that :p
For what it's worth, I never had great dps or gear clearing inferno.. 31k dps with pierce the veil buff and 20k hp.

Just Diablo solo or all inferno acts solo? If so I only have 30 hours left to beat your record but I doubt that'll happen. Good job. ;p

All acts solo :p

eek5

I'd appreciate the advice :)

You lose NV stack any time you respec or leave the game so yes, each run will require you to get your NV stacks again. If you don't get 5 stacks before warden, go to Festering Woods where you can get a guaranteed 3 stacks.

I think the Butcher run is one of the best since you run through 2 bosses. NV gives you 3 blues and 2 rares for a 5 stack so you'll get 4 rares at the very least.

After Butcher if I have a 5 stack I'll usually go to Old Ruins where you can go south and check the cellar for goblin. From there go west and check the cellar on old Tristam road for the treasure cellar or whatever. Then you can clear the champions in Drowned Temple if you want (the ones in the caves are really easy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom