• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torraz

I'd appreciate the advice :)

If you go on to do another butcher run you will need to refarm 5 stacks. The stacks also do not survive a transition between acts. Thus, the only use you have for them after butcher is to kill some other stuff. Not sure if that is the most profitable course of action though, as opposed to starting fresh with another butcher run.

Where are you people finding these suckers?

Well the only helms on the AH that had over 150 vit and int were several million so mine must have seemed like a bargain at 1.5 *shrug*

I have over 2 million gold now, I want a 1000+ damage one hander but that looks like its going to take a lot more farming :( Maybe I'll get a new mojo or ring/amulet

Sucks. I see myself playing it a LOT more, and the AH and other changes are a BIG part of that.

For me, the AH is actually the reason why. If Blizz dropped the AH and made a system/lobby/hub where players can join in and trade/sell items, that would make the game much cooler imo

But yeah idk maybe im just upset with a few things, i always say this and keep on playing anyway lol

Petrie

Banned
For me, the AH is actually the reason why. If Blizz dropped the AH and made a system/lobby/hub where players can join in and trade/sell items, that would make the game much cooler imo

By cooler to you mean tedious?

The less of my time spent wasted that way, the better.

The gambler inside me loves playing the AH as well. It is addictive.

Sucks for those like you who do not enjoy that though.

HenryHSH

A lot of the design decisions have the RMAH in mind and in a way it takes away from the enjoyment. You can feel that they're holding back on loot quality. Their gold economy is already bad as it is.
Decent gear is selling for 20-30MIL when 1M is worth $20 now, I can't wait to see how low the gold's value will be when the RMAH comes out.

ElyrionX

Wait people are farming chests in Inferno? How is this done? Suicide runs to the chests? I tried Inferno Act 3 but I can't do it with 24k dps. How effective are suicide runs to chests and which are the best ones for doing this?

doomquake

WD is so awesome..i wish i rolled him just to have cool pets. Those firebreathing pygmies were my favorite part of D2

..been dying through hell as a wizard level 56 today. think i need better gear or something..or just to change my build since i only use arcane orb and run away with diamond skin mostly. Also i love the archon explosion rune and freeze and the wave of force extra damage.

doomquake

Wait people are farming chests in Inferno? How is this done? Suicide runs to the chests? I tried Inferno Act 3 but I can't do it with 24k dps. How effective are suicide runs to chests and which are the best ones for doing this?
suicide run with MF gear, then retrieval with normal gear if needed

spirity

A lot of the design decisions have the RMAH in mind and in a way it takes away from the enjoyment. You can feel that they're holding back on loot quality. Their gold economy is already bad as it is.
Decent gear is selling for 20-30MIL when 1M is worth $20 now, I can't wait to see how low the gold's value will be when the RMAH comes out.

Loot could be a lot more fun. Its rather conservative as it is.

XuRWz.jpg

^ This is going overboard, primarily because of the level its attained at, but a nice balance between the two would be nice.

zoukka

You lose NV stack any time you respec or leave the game so yes, each run will require you to get your NV stacks again. If you don't get 5 stacks before warden, go to Festering Woods where you can get a guaranteed 3 stacks.

I think the Butcher run is one of the best since you run through 2 bosses. NV gives you 3 blues and 2 rares for a 5 stack so you'll get 4 rares at the very least.

After Butcher if I have a 5 stack I'll usually go to Old Ruins where you can go south and check the cellar for goblin. From there go west and check the cellar on old Tristam road for the treasure cellar or whatever. Then you can clear the champions in Drowned Temple if you want (the ones in the caves are really easy)

Appreciate it thanks!

Shouta

You lose NV stack any time you respec or leave the game so yes, each run will require you to get your NV stacks again. If you don't get 5 stacks before warden, go to Festering Woods where you can get a guaranteed 3 stacks.

You can get a 4/5 stack in Festering Woods. 2 Champ packs wandering (usually), one in each of the quest subzones, and if the quest on the hill is there, that counts as well as I recall.

Since AH is down for gems I have quite a few flawless square gems I'll sell for 10k each to anyone here. I only like one yellow though. I few of everything else though. My bt is plbelanger#1923 online now if anyone wants.

RDreamer

I feel like most of the gear I paid out the ass for getting into inferno has now dropped in value significantly. So I'm paying a ton to upgrade, and can't sell my stuff for even pennies now. The market on all resist gear has just dropped beyond belief.

What sucks about that is that those are the things that Butcher runs seem to drop... at best. I'll get excited seeing an all resist, main stat piece only to look it up and I can only get like 5,000 gold for it at most. Even with vit on there unless the all resist is 60-70 it seems to be worth peanuts. I kind of fear I won't be able to get through Act 2 and farm soon enough to hit that bubble and make anything.

eek5

You can get a 4/5 stack in Festering Woods. 2 Champ packs wandering (usually), one in each of the quest subzones, and if the quest on the hill is there, that counts as well as I recall.

Yeah the one on the hill counts as a stack but it doesn't always spawn. The two in the caves are guaranteed to spawn and count towards NV. Roaming champ packs are kind of hit or miss. I've had 2-3 and sometimes just 1 or none. If hes running Butcher he should only have to pop in and grab 1 more stack at most though. I usually have 5 by the time I get to Warden but sometimes you can get lucky/unlucky and only get there with 4.

edit: I forgot to mention but the one on the hill quest is almost always shield/desecrator so it might not be worth the time.

Shouta

Yeah the one on the hill counts as a stack but it doesn't always spawn. The two in the caves are guaranteed to spawn and count towards NV. Roaming champ packs are kind of hit or miss. I've had 2-3 and sometimes just 1 or none. If hes running Butcher he should only have to pop in and grab 1 more stack at most though. I usually have 5 by the time I get to Warden but sometimes you can get lucky/unlucky and only get there with 4.

graveyard has several as well so I've been starting with that and doing festering then the Warden/Butcher.

Lexxon

At 100% GF, I just got 10k for one run. Seems like he's on to something, for gold farmers.

Gold find is great. I don't have any lvl 60 characters yet, but my solo barb (lvl 42 I think?) is going through nightmare with 141% GF (lower-end gear, a little bit from the companion, etc.) and the drops are quite good. The way I see it...as long as my gear isn't gimped enough that I can still kill stuff with few deaths, then the extra gold is absolutely worth it.

Petrie

Banned
I feel like most of the gear I paid out the ass for getting into inferno has now dropped in value significantly. So I'm paying a ton to upgrade, and can't sell my stuff for even pennies now. The market on all resist gear has just dropped beyond belief.

What sucks about that is that those are the things that Butcher runs seem to drop... at best. I'll get excited seeing an all resist, main stat piece only to look it up and I can only get like 5,000 gold for it at most. Even with vit on there unless the all resist is 60-70 it seems to be worth peanuts. I kind of fear I won't be able to get through Act 2 and farm soon enough to hit that bubble and make anything.

This was inevitable. It was only worth that before people had a lot of it. The market is going to be flooded.

Phenomic

This is the quickest way I've found to get 3 or 4 (at least) in act 1. I'd recommend avoiding the quest on the hill though because often times those mob packs are harder than the subsequent ones in the surrounding areas. Unless you have really good gear than it wouldn't matter either way.

The zone is so small that you can quickly make a circle around the whole perimeter and check for them all. Takes me 5 minutes on my Demon Hunter.

So what happened to people wanting resistances? Do people still want them, and there is just a ton of the gear available? Or did everyone realize that it's not doing much good and just decided to glass cannon? What is the new hotness in armor?

scy

Gold find is great. I don't have any lvl 60 characters yet, but my solo bard (lvl 42 I think?) is going through nightmare with 141% GF (lower-end gear, a little bit from the companion, etc.) and the drops are quite good. The way I see it...as long as my gear isn't gimped enough that I can still kill stuff with few deaths, then the extra gold is absolutely worth it.

Gold Find is nice for consistent returns. Even running my 60 DH through Nightmare will net me a good amount of gold. Doing MF Treasure Gob runs is nice when I get something but it's not vastly superior.

I think full Act clears will probably be better overall with moderate base MF/GF (~70-100%) in your normal equipment. We'll see, though.

Still should be a searchable.

Filter to Armor, Legendary, Level 52-52, and search Attack Speed. Alternatively, just type Lacuni Prowlers in the Legendary search at the bottom but you can't filter by stat while you can with the other way. That's how I search all the off-piece stat bonuses (e.g., Attack Speed Helm, Chest, Legs, Boots).

LordCanti

My MF is like 170% if anyone wants to make an Act 3 Resplendent Chest group happen. :p

That spots been hotfixed, smaller chest spawns and you only get rubbish blues from it now (I used to get rares every time)

I got a resplendent on the first roll O_O

What % is it now?

Edit: Just got another.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
The AH market is in the middle of a split that is only going to get wider and wider. There is a lot of deflation pressure because more people are reaching and farming Inferno. But there is a lot of Inflation pressure as players accumulate tens of millions in Gold with nothing to spend it on.

What does this mean in practice?

The absolute best-in-slot gear, weapons and armor with all the perfect affixes, is going to skyrocket in price.

Everything else is going to plummet and be worthless. Have an awesome bow with great DPS, attack speed, resistances, but it has INT on it? Good luck selling it because DH's have no use for INT. Better to buy a similar bow with that final stat slot containing something useful. Likewise, armor items with DEX and STR will become worthless.

scy

I still haven't figured out how poison darts are so damn good, or what exact set of abilities to surround them with.

Poison Darts attacks fast and deals great damage so it scales well with higher Attacks Per Second. On top of that, IAS% Gear also boosts the damage on Grasp of the Dead and makes it a really good damage attack (basically scales it well beyond Wizard Blizzard).

But ... it's basically a +25% Movement Speed, +75% (or more) Attack Speed build.

Likewise, armor items with DEX and STR will become worthless.

Eh, +STR on Armor (for Monks, anyway) isn't that awful. It translates to +1 Armor per point and it basically acts as a second +Armor stat on the item (or third if we're counting DEX and Seize the Initiative). Granted, high +Resists or -Melee Damage% or something else would be better but it's the best "off" option.

Of course, how that translates to item value depends on the community learning that :x

yacobod

Banned
finally decided to upgrade weapons on my wizard, went from a 700 dps 2 hander to a 1200+ dps 2 hander.

this should greatly improve my inferno butcher farming, and should help me get started in act 2.

i went from 18k dps to 29k dps just by upgrading the weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom