• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Audioboxer

I was enjoying using frenzy with the rune for a chance to spawn axes to hit nearby enemies, but there is just something soo satisfying about using cleave with exploding enemies!

Think I'll stick with it until I need to change around for inferno :p

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Eh, +STR on Armor (for Monks, anyway) isn't that awful. It translates to +1 Armor per point and it basically acts as a second +Armor stat on the item (or third if we're counting DEX and Seize the Initiative). Granted, high +Resists or -Melee Damage% or something else would be better but it's the best "off" option.

Of course, how that translates to item value depends on the community learning that :x

Well, fair enough. What I really meant was two primary stats that are at odds with each other. Right now as a WD I'll buy something with +DEX on it, if it also boosts my INT or Attack Speed or something. But at some point when I'm on Inferno and really need to squeeze everything out of a gear slot, those pieces of gear will become near worthless.

Torraz

Wortham, ZK, and the Alcarnus still reward a lot of XP

Worthham = start at going to the ferry guy, killing the purple and the three spawning blues and rinse and repeat?

ZK = Zoltan Kulle = repeat bossfight again and again?

What was alcarnus?

Thanks!

eek5

Worthham = start at going to the ferry guy, killing the purple and the three spawning blues and rinse and repeat?

ZK = Zoltan Kulle = repeat bossfight again and again?

What was alcarnus?

Thanks!

The one where you talk to the lt and clear the cellar right before road to alcarnus

Just found a legendary pants. Anyone want to buy?

ZUtEl.jpg

scy

What items besides boots increase movement speed?

Ring (Unity, Band of Untold Secrets)
Amulet (Talisman of Aranoch, Murlocket, Flavor of Time)
Bracers (Lacuni Prowlers)
Legs (Hammer Jammers, Inna's Glory*)

*Also has +Improved Attack Speed but it doesn't work on them for the time being. There's a few other set ones too probably but these are the ones I remember off-hand.

Just found a legendary pants. Anyone want to buy?

If there's confirmation that the +Improved Attack Speed on them will be fixed, I'd possibly be interested :x

already did this once I got my Monk to Act 3 Inferno, though I went Demon Hunter over anything else since they have more structural imbalances with the way Inferno is designed than the other two ranges classes. It was pretty clear at that point spending time on a farming character and putting 6-8 million into him was better EV than spending that same amount of two Monk items.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Got plans for Exalted Sovereign Mail. Anyone have an idea what it may be worth? None are showing up on the auction house.

Wool

If there's confirmation that the +Improved Attack Speed on them will be fixed, I'd possibly be interested :x

I think that blue post about the 32 things that were suggested said they were going to be fixing that, I don't have a link though. I can't imagine that would go unfixed...

RDreamer

So what happened to people wanting resistances? Do people still want them, and there is just a ton of the gear available? Or did everyone realize that it's not doing much good and just decided to glass cannon? What is the new hotness in armor?

People still want resistances. It's just a lot of drops happened in Act 1 Inferno that gave some resistances. Now the market is in much much higher end resistances. So you pay out the ass for 70 resist all, but having 50-60? Worth pennies. Literally.

RDreamer

Best inferno party?

Monk with healing mantra
Monk with evasion mantra
Wizard
Demon Hunter

I just had to leave that party, and it was pretty amazing. We took on some crazy elites in Act 2. The two monks could tank anything, and the other two could sit back and deal tons of damage.

Won

Decided to take a few tries on Rakanoth. What a stupid boss fight. Got him down to 5% twice, but it all depends too much on luck for me to do it again and finish him off. :(

Volodja

So, I decided that I didn't want to do my work today and ended up checking the impact that the different Skills and Runes have on Life on Hit for the Monk.
I don't know if this stuff is already known or if anybody cares about it, but here is what I've got.

All values are in % and tested on single targets. As far as I know all the ones with AoE functionality return an amount of life equal to the amount specified below (so the amount that they would return with a single target) multiplied for the amount of targets hit (which, I would say, is why the ones with better AoE capabilities get a lower life on hit percentage).

When showing the amount of life gained, the game doesn't show individual gains, but groups all the gains over a certain span of time. As a result it is sometimes difficult to understand if a move has many fast hits or if it has a single hit, so maybe I've missed some things considering that I've tested some of them on targets that would die pretty fast. However these numbers should give an idea of how effective the different skills are when using Life on Hit.
Code:
FoT 	No Rune: 100/100/75
	Thunderclap: 150/75/75 				
	Lightning Flash: 100/100/75
	Static Charge: 100/100/75 
	Quickening: 100/100/75
	Bounding Light: 100/100/75
The first strike of Thunderclap seems to inflict 2 hits, each worth 75% becuse 
if you instantly kill your enemy you only gain 75%.

DR	No Rune: 85/85/75
	Piercing Trident: 85/75/50
	Keen Eye: 85/85/75
	Scattered Blows: 85/85/35
	Strike from Beyond: 85/85/75
	Foresight: 85/85/75

CW	No Rune: 75/75/50
	Mangle: 75/75/50
	Concussion: 75/75/50
	Rising Tide: 75/75/50
	Tsunami: 75/75/35
	Breaking Wave: 75/75/50

WotHF	No Rune: 75/60 (9 per hit)/50
	Hands of Lightning: 75/90 (10 per hit)/50
	Blazing Fists: 75/60 (9 per hit)/50
	Fists of Fury: 150/125 (18 per hit)/100 	
	Spirited Salvo: 75/60 (9 per hit)/50
	Windforce Flurry: 75/60 (9 per hit)/50
Fists of Fury, like Thunderclap, seems to inflict 2 hits on your first strike, 
each worth 75% and with the second hit only happeneing if the enemy is 
still alive after the first.
For all the runes, the individual hits of the second strike add up, so if one 
of them doesn't hit at least a target, you will gain less life.

LTK	No Rune: 67 					
	Vulture Claw Kick: 50 				
	Sweeping Armada: 50 				
	Spinning Flame Kick: 50 			
	Scorpion Sting: 67 				
	Hand of Ytar: 80 
The attacks with an AoE in front of the character give 67%, the ones with 
an AoE around the character give 50%. Hand of Ytar hits in an AoE around 
a single target.

TR	No Rune: 25
	Northern Breeze: 25
	Tailwind: 25
	Flurry: 25
	Slipstream: 25
	Bluster: 25
It is pretty hard to see the individual hits for this move, in general the least 
life gained I've seen was 25% so I suppose that's the amount gained for 
each individual hit.

WoL	No Rune: 11
	Wall of Light: 11
	Explosive Light: 25
	Empowered Wave: 11
	Blinding Light: 11
	Pillar of the Ancients: 20
For all the runes that have the animation of the bell falling in front of the 
character, sometimes, on a single target hit by the bell, I've seen this 
move return a sequence of an 11% when the bell falls and after that a 22% 
when the wave arrives. I suppose that it just means that each individual 
hit of the move gives 11% and there is a possibility that the wave that gets
created after the bell falls might push back the target and hit it again, giving 
3 hits on it instead of the 2 that I'd expect.

DS	No Rune: 100
	Way of the Falling Star: 100
	Flying Side Kick: 100
	Quicksilver: 100
	Soaring Skull: 100
	Blinding Speed: 100

EP	No Rune: 100
	The Flesh is Weak: 100
	Strong Spirit: 100
	Creeping Demise: 100
	Impending Doom: 100
	Essence Burn: 100

SSS	No Rune: 17.5 per attack (52.5/52.5/17.5)
	Sudden Assault: 17.5 per attack (52.5/52.5/17.5)
	Several-Sided Strike: 8.7 per attack (35/35/8.75)
	Pandemonium: 17.5 per attack (52.5/52.5/17.5)
	Sustained Attack: 17.5 per attack (52.5/52.5/17.5)
	Fulminating Onslaught: 11.7 per attack (35/35/11.7)
All versions of this attack gave 3 life gained numbers. The first and the 
second consistently equal and the last was 1/3 (1/4 in case of Several-Sided 
Strike) of the first 2. I suppose that the speed of the attacks is so high that 
the life gained with the first 3 (4 for Several-Sided Strike) and the second 3
(again, 4 for the 2nd Rune) were grouped into the first and second number 
and the third represents the last attack.

Hopefully I didn't mess anything up.

Cipherr

Probably a good idea to get to a checkpoint if you are playing on a US server, then take a break. Servers are having some issues. If they come down and you get rolled back

....all hell...

Woo-Fu

Banned
Wizard Sources seem to be ridiculously overpriced on the US AH, makes it hard for me to figure out what to put this one up for.

dnsAr.jpg

I sold a blue offhand that was around 300 for 500k, think I might just put an opening bid on this of 1m and no buyout and see what happens. STR/DEX are a waste but it has crit chance and a socket to go along with that sweet damage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom