• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cipherr

see that's what I did but all I have now is Korsikk bridge so....

I just ran across, skipped everything with vault smoke screen and prep, and killed Siegebreaker who is a joke. Got an achievement, triggered the little scribbly narrated cutscene, then left the game and reselected the exact quest we needed.

Killing SB isnt that hard, just skip everything and get to him.

glaurung

Just logged in the first time after the 1.02 patch.

Game performance has gone to utter shit. Cannot play. Due to zero fps, almost got killed in the desert by a pack of normals when exiting a lair.

V_Arnold

Just logged in the first time after the 1.02 patch.

Game performance has gone to utter shit. Cannot play. Due to zero fps, almost got killed in the desert by a pack of normals when exiting a lair.

What is your latency?
My PC's performance actually improved now that EU latency is down to 55-110ms instead of the launch week's almost constant 200-250ms. Worlds of difference. Now I can actually play on 1440*900 instead of downgrading even that - with all low :p

I am a member of this group.

I've got my character strong enough to sneak by large mobs/elites that would kill him, but knowing the solution to getting to the end is to farm bosses and stuff with large magic find until I win the diablo lottery AND it's an item I can use, I'm not interested. I'll wait until patch/AH gets items at low price/expansion.

One frustrating thing is that as I leveled up prices in the AH inflated mad. Then as I started selling they deflated. So much gold mining...lol.

Also, I like how many "Legendary" items are weak, and there's hundreds of them being sold at 10-20k in the AH, along with a few of the same item/stats in the millions.

I just ran into this brick wall as well. My barb has 30k hp, 12k dps (1h/shield), 550ish resists with warcry. I run Act 1 Inferno no problem. I killed Butcher in about 60 seconds. I popped into act 2 and I get 2 shotted by a fucking wasp at the very start of the act. I guess I should shelf my barb for now and level a ranged class so I can just stay back and pew pew the wasps down with plenty of room and time to dodge the projectiles? :(

Gotchaye

I found a Natalya's Shadow (set DH cloak) with a low dex roll, some all resist, and a boost to grenades. It didn't seem that great to me but I put it up for 2 million and it sold in 5 minutes.

I don't know why the game keeps giving me DH stuff. I don't want to play a DH. But the three highest prices I've gotten on the AH were for DH gear, and I seem to find quivers all the time and almost never sources. Once, the entire first row of my inventory was filled with items with little red Xs on them - it was all hand crossbows and quivers and cloaks. Felt like I was in FernGully.

Mitama

Audίoboxer;38436967 said:
Finally got everything to create The Staff of Herding apart from the plan :/

Damn you Izual, drop it!

Are you on EU? I got the infernal plans on my merc in act4.

glaurung

What is your latency?
My PC's performance actually improved now that EU latency is down to 55-110ms instead of the launch week's almost constant 200-250ms. Worlds of difference. Now I can actually play on 1440*900 instead of downgrading even that - with all low :p
Latency never drops below green. The tooltip tells me that the latency holds steady at around 130.

It is completely unplayable. The system cannot even highlight buttons on hover. My demon hunter looks like he is either in a nightmare or underwater.

Fuck this, I am off to sleep.

Takuan

I just switched from dual wielding on my DH to 2H crossbow. It's a bit of an adjustment. What skills should I be using? I'm currently using Piercing Arrow and Multi-Shot as primary/secondary, and my other skills are Caltrops, Vault, Impale, Spike Trap, and usually Marked For Death.

I'm dying quite often in Act 2 of Hell despite being (in my mind) fairly decently equipped @ level 56. All of my equipment is Dex/Vit, and now most of my equipment also has Resist All in addition to one other type of magic resist. My rings are admittedly lacking. Even still, I do pretty well solo, but I feel that survivability/effectiveness in a full game is a truer metric of performance.

Oh, my stats: Definitely >25K Life, DPS is either 14K or 17K. I'm not at home at the moment, so I don't know for sure.

Jinko

Wizard Sources seem to be ridiculously overpriced on the US AH, makes it hard for me to figure out what to put this one up for.

dnsAr.jpg

I sold a blue offhand that was around 300 for 500k, think I might just put an opening bid on this of 1m and no buyout and see what happens. STR/DEX are a waste but it has crit chance and a socket to go along with that sweet damage

Its items like that make me wonder what the hell blizzard where thinking with such random stats :(

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
I just ran into this brick wall as well. My barb has 30k hp, 12k dps (1h/shield), 550ish resists with warcry. I run Act 1 Inferno no problem. I killed Butcher in about 60 seconds. I popped into act 2 and I get 2 shotted by a fucking wasp at the very start of the act. I guess I should shelf my barb for now and level a ranged class so I can just stay back and pew pew the wasps down with plenty of room and time to dodge the projectiles? :(

I can maneuver around wasps easy with a monk. For gold runs I use the 10% move speed bonus and then I get 12+% movement speed boots.

Regulars wasps are easy to dodge with practice.

The elites that teleport you into a wall with flame/poison, and then to wasp shoots you, not so easy to dodge.

There's also the problem with the bosses being tougher in act 2. I haven't tried them both, but the witch seemed much more difficult. Basically I would have to get very skilled and/or farm/auction the best of armor plus 3+% life steal 900 dps 15+ attack speed 1 hand weapons. I just don't feel like investing 80 hours into doing it.

Somehow the auction house got high level quipment, so I'm guessing people are somehow getting to act 3/4 in unusual ways or just got a really lucky drop that allowed them to move forward.

What's depressing is that I think this wall is by design. Just like how the "real money auction" is right next to the auction houses's X button. It's like the game is a beta test for exploiting people's diablo addiction.

Dahbomb

Got into a 3 man party into Act 2 Inferno. Put on some of that Purity Dye you get from Act 2 Inferno merchant (the girl). Go outside the town and got one shotted by some wasp off screen. Manage to kill the group of enemies without an additional death, go outside the gate and it's just lol. Our Monk is useless now.

Dat Act 2 Wall... looks like it's back to the farm for me. There is a cavernous gap between Act 1 and Act 2 Inferno.

I just switched from dual wielding on my DH to 2H crossbow. It's a bit of an adjustment. What skills should I be using? I'm currently using Piercing Arrow and Multi-Shot as primary/secondary, and my other skills are Caltrops, Vault, Impale, Spike Trap, and usually Marked For Death.

I'm dying quite often in Act 2 of Hell despite being (in my mind) fairly decently equipped @ level 56. All of my equipment is Dex/Vit, and now most of my equipment also has Resist All in addition to one other type of magic resist. My rings are admittedly lacking. Even still, I do pretty well solo, but I feel that survivability/effectiveness in a full game is a truer metric of performance.

Oh, my stats: Definitely >25K Life, DPS is either 14K or 17K. I'm not at home at the moment, so I don't know for sure.
If you want to continue using Multishot then you need to pair it with Suppression fire or the low cost rune. If you go with the Suppression fire, I recommend getting the tactical passive (the one that looks like a black dude holding a knife) so that you have ample Discipline all the time and you get Hatred from picking up globes. Mark of Death is good, put it on the one that generates Hatred as Multishot is a big Hatred sink. I would seriously replace Vault with Smoke Screen, it gets you out of jailers, stunners and other stuff. Vault's delay makes it hard to use in harder difficulties because of the occasional lag. There is no reason to use Spike Trap AND Multishot as they are both AOE damage dealers. You want a single target damage dealer, Impale with Overpenetration is nice and once you get it... Impale with Greavious wound. Sharpshooter passive is a staple, no reason not to pick it. If you do pick it, then start gearing for critical damage+. Your weapon should be 300-400DPS range at least.

Once you reach LVL60, you can replace your Hatred moves with Nether tentacles... it's seriously OP. Great for big target single enemies and large numbered mobs.

Mitama

Well, I'm done with D3 for now. Didn't have any trouble with act 1 and 2 on inferno (DH duh) but for act 3 I need at least a 1k+ dps bow or xbow and afaik those only drop in act 4. Kinda sucks how exploits have ruined the market. First it was act 2 inferno chests in the cellar, then aspects in act 4 inferno, act 3 keeps and barracks chests and dunno what people are doing right now. It sucks how blizzard keeps nerfing those spots because anyone that's late to the party has to pay out of the ass for gear that makes inferno doable. Not gonna be a hypocrite and say I didn't do chest runs, but it kinda sucks for people that have jobs or not as much time.

Blizz dropped the ball on this one, first it was monks and barbs that were useless in inferno w/o high-end gear (they still are) and everyone had to reroll ranged. Now they are nerfing all the good farming spots constantly.. Diablo 2 was all about the loot hunt for me but when you can't farm anything then yeah, not much fun at all sadly.

Filth

Roll with bola shots. I prefer the first rune. But I've upgraded to the arcane rune since I just unlocked it. Also try impale with over penetration. With 2 handed you want to get your crit damage up. And use the passive that raises your crit % every second

Won

Well, I'm done with D3 for now. Didn't have any trouble with act 1 and 2 on inferno (DH duh) but for act 3 I need at least a 1k+ dps bow or xbow and afaik those only drop in act 4. Kinda sucks how exploits have ruined the market. First it was act 2 inferno chests in the cellar, then aspects in act 4 inferno, act 3 keeps and barracks chests and dunno what people are doing right now. It sucks how blizzard keeps nerfing those spots because anyone that's late to the party has to pay out of the ass for gear that makes inferno doable. Not gonna be a hypocrite and say I didn't do chest runs, but it kinda sucks for people that have jobs or not as much time.

Blizz dropped the ball on this one, first it was monks and barbs that were useless in inferno w/o high-end gear (they still are) and everyone had to reroll ranged. Now they are nerfing all the good farming spots constantly.. Diablo 2 was all about the loot hunt for me but when you can't farm anything then yeah, not much fun at all sadly.

The end of the last page here reads like no one on GAF is actually playing the game and is only running chests and goblin spots. Funny and sad and all that.

Anyone know what plans are selling for? I can't seem to search for the in the AH. I assume thats because the commodities are down. lol

Today I came across both of these:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/artisan/blacksmith/recipe/exalted-pallium
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/artisan/blacksmith/recipe/exalted-sovereign-mail

Recipes with +4 props are 50k at best, probably less at this point.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Anyone else up for Act 3 Inferno (NA) chest runs? Basically you just go to a WP, run a few feet, see if there is a chest and then repeat. With multiple people, chests get found a lot faster.
I would be up to that later tonight. Think it would be safe enough for my poor stat MF gear, or should I just go with the super tanky gear?

Cipherr

I pretty much want to echo this 100%. Those few, maybe thousand or so people that slipped to the top of the pyramid and were able to exploit inferno chests early on and whatnot IMO heavily contributed to this terrible market we have right now.

May god help your soul if you weren't able to get to the top and sit on millions selling resplendent chest drops for the first two weeks, because you are shit out of luck. All the high end gear is priced in the multiple millions. A full beta could have fixed this. People would have found it, then there would be a reset.

This whole thing has me deeply interested in whether or not there will be some sort of resetting ladder type of mode. I would kill for that. To be on even ground with a proper economy post farming spot nerfs, (even the farming spots I use, ALL of them, just so the economy could form the way it should).

RDreamer

Wow, Act 2 is just an asshole act.

I took a break from Inferno Act 2 and went on my Witch Doctor who's in Hell. He's been pretty awesome, so I never have troubles. Well, we ran into some elites. Those lacuni things with fast and invulnerable minions (and mortar I think) in pretty much the same place as some elite wasps with teleport and fast also! WTF Literally they were both in the same spot. How the hell you're supposed to beat that I don't know.

smr00

Banned
So i am up to about 3.5 mill gold from farming/selling and i am about to start decking out my wziard.

I know INT is a must but i want to go super high DPS as well and on amu/rings etc. i can't decide if i should go more critical dmg or attack speed, whats more important? i was thinking maybe go 15% attack speed on rings, crit damage on amu and a few others along with resist all on helm/chest/boots/gloves etc. w/ really high INT and mid VIT.

Miroku

As someone new to inferno (just killed Butcher) I get the sense that the state of the economy is such that I am totally screwed. Nobody has bought my AH wares for days, the things I get aren't upgrades for me or anyone else at lvl 60 apparently, and everything I am interested in buying as an upgrade costs millions of gold, and I only have a few hundred thousand. Not sure whether to re-play the end of act 1 over and over or try act 2.. act2 so far is hard though, the lacuni dudes in the desert were killing me pretty easily.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
As someone new to inferno (just killed Butcher) I get the sense that the state of the economy is such that I am totally screwed. Nobody has bought my AH wares for days, the things I get aren't upgrades for me or anyone else at lvl 60 apparently, and everything I am interested in buying as an upgrade costs millions of gold, and I only have a few hundred thousand. Not sure whether to re-play the end of act 1 over and over or try act 2.. act2 so far is hard though, the lacuni dudes in the desert were killing me pretty easily.

Don't bother with Act2 plus. To see what we're talking about, don't change your equipment at all and you'll get taken down multiple times just after leaving the city. If you spend a dozen hours prepping, you can get half way prepared. But to get fully prepared you need that stuff being sold for 10 million, and honestly I don't think the AH has it all even.

edit: My post is really messy, didn't sleep much last night.

Mitama

Act 1/2 inferno gear is pretty much useless. You probably won't find any decent upgrades there tbh.

Wizard with dimond skin, tp, and about 600 AR

Ouch, better gear up to check then. My friend plays wizard and lickers just rip through his diamond skin.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Oh my God :D! Not bad!

aCqUi.jpg

RDreamer

I just posted this earlier, too. Right now everyone's kind of in the same boat demanding the same gear. We're at a sort of bottleneck. The thing is that the bubble will likely move at some point and that Act 2 gear will get more and more saturated until the floor falls out once again, much like Act 1's did. Problem is that if you don't get into Act 2 and start farming and stuff before that you'll probably again be stuck waiting for the bubble to burst, because your shit will be worthless yet again.

Mitama

Mind if you share which wp I should go for chest runs?

Those chests have been heavily nerfed. The chests appear far less than they used to and the loot is far from worth the time you spend running it. It's "The Keep Depths level 1" WP and the golden chest is on a lava bridge like 2 rooms down from the waypoint. You need the map with the lava bridge though and then it's still a 50% chance of getting it.

zlatko

Banned
What a shock!

Well not all guides suck. In fact as of late a lot of guides have really become worth their $ for various games. I bought the Street Fighter x Tekken guide and thought it was wonderful. A lot of people also said the Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 guide was fantastic too.

So I figured the information on items, etc would be worth the price and just blindly picked it up. Unfortunately, most of the information, if not worthless, isn't that well presented, and it really only serves as a companion piece for really shitty players lol.

I was at least hoping the portion for the crafting to be somewhat beneficial, but it isn't. No real tips for inferno either lol.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Its items like that make me wonder what the hell blizzard where thinking with such random stats :(

At least STR actually funnels into armor. It could be so much worse.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion

This is why despite the fact that my Monk is in Inferno act 1, I'm leveling other classes. I enjoy the Normal -> Hell progression, and I'm having a ton of fun taking other characters through that treadmill. I'll wait for the inevitable Inferno rebalance to bother with taking my Monk through it.

Petrie

Banned
Those chests have been heavily nerfed. The chests appear far less than they used to and the loot is far from worth the time you spend running it. It's "The Keep Depths level 1" WP and the golden chest is on a lava bridge like 2 rooms down from the waypoint. You need the map with the lava bridge though and then it's still a 50% chance of getting it.

Nerfed, but I'm still easily making 1 million gold an hour running that chest, plus some sweet items for myself.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Wizard Sources seem to be ridiculously overpriced on the US AH, makes it hard for me to figure out what to put this one up for.

dnsAr.jpg

I sold a blue offhand that was around 300 for 500k, think I might just put an opening bid on this of 1m and no buyout and see what happens. STR/DEX are a waste but it has crit chance and a socket to go along with that sweet damage

I look at sources all the time and that is THE highest damage range I have ever seen on one, it's a shame about the other stats. The +crit is a positive factor but it goes up to 8.5%. You will get 1m for that easily...

forrest

formerly nacire
I know the resp still spawns I mean small chance of it appearing and they nerfed the loot so its not worth the effort

How do you know this has been done? Has it been officially announced or anything? Same goes for people goblin farming? I honestly have only been act farming and MV stacking, but I'd hate it if goblins and chests get nerfed caused people are just farming them.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
And thus, my first mule was created! His name is GiveMeGems :3
FUUUUUUUUUUUU perfect DH itemization. I hate you T_T
Yup, it's for my DH ♥ I love you too!!!

Yoshichan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom