• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirtie

Why did they have to make this game based around the auction house at high level? I'd much rather find my own loot but apparently the way I'm supposed to play this "video game" is to approach it like a business. Disappointing.

Ferrio

Banned
Bah I bid 4 mil on an item, then foun da better item cheaper... now my money stuck in limbo and this other item is taunting me.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I just got my first, less than exciting, inferno legendary drop (Act III)

S2blr.png

Go battle mage go. Also it was off a normal mob, didn't even have any valor stacks yet.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Holy act 3 loot batman!!!

1VKGH.jpg

:D

edit: God damn, someone else has it in AH for 6 mil! :3

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Holy act 3 loot batman!!!

1VKGH.jpg

:D

edit: God damn, someone else has it in AH for 6 mil! :3

I've got the 12% magic find version of this. Otherwise pretty much the same. Some guy sold it on AH for < 100k. Last easy equipment I got.

Yeah, I'm not ready for Act II Inferno. I can take about three hits from normal mobs, and they hit way too often even with high dodge. Oh well, I'll probably just play alts, as I don't think I have it in me to farm relentlessly.

gatti-man

So as a fresh 60 wizard what should i be looking for? Alreadt grabbed an 1150dps weapon for 100k, should i be even bothering with resists or just stack int, movement speed, + dmg and + crit?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So as a fresh 60 wizard what should i be looking for? Alreadt grabbed an 1150dps weapon for 100k, should i be even bothering with resists or just stack int, movement speed, + dmg and + crit?
1150 dps for 100k? That must be a 2H Magic (blue) right?

RS4-

Ugh spent 700k just to get the hellish whimsy staff.

Finished doing a DH to level 11, not sure if I should go to Wiz or WD instead

Naito

yeah I don't see how else he could have gotten one for so damn cheap. If it's a rare then it's the steal of the century.

100k2h7tkmg.png

The past week there was this 2H sword on EU AH for 100k.
I think the seller misstyped the buyout price, at least I hope so.

I was kind of depressed that I wasn't quick enough to buy it.. :(

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I look at sources all the time and that is THE highest damage range I have ever seen on one, it's a shame about the other stats. The +crit is a positive factor but it goes up to 8.5%. You will get 1m for that easily...
It's too bad you can search or sort by damage values on sources.

bluestuff

Well fuck Act 2. I can do butcher runs with 5 stacks with my eyes closed at this point( and have close to a dozen times), but Act 2 just decimates me. Any special mob instantly gibs me, and those fucking flys are just dumb. I have stacked physical for one with everything, and got a sub par magic item with 850 dps and 24 attack speed for raw damage. Not sure what do now that I'm shit broke besides run butcher for another week.

Here are my stats :/

I didn't realize it until I read the credits, but Leah = Jennifer Hale.
She is indeed in every game I played this year (SWTOR, Mass Effect, Diablo). And she will be in Guild wars 2.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Inferno act2+ is broken. I've got 16k dps, 4k armor, 700 resistance before mantra of healing (or whatever the one that has the rune for resistances). Still get killed constantly, even with normal enemies if there's enough.

The game's economy behaves like an early beta phase build. So broken.

Mairu

Well fuck Act 2. I can do butcher runs with 5 stacks with my eyes closed at this point( and have close to a dozen times), but Act 2 just decimates me. Any special mob instantly gibs me, and those fucking flys are just dumb. I have stacked physical for one with everything, and got a sub par magic item with 850 dps and 24 attack speed for raw damage. Not sure what do now that I'm shit broke besides run butcher for another week.

Here are my stats :/

Welcome to Act 2 as melee! Start saving up for upgrades with life on hit & attack speed.

scy

Oh god, for a wizard that is god tier

Honestly? A faster 1H + ~130 AvgDmg Source is probably better in the long run.

...for 100k, thats beastly though. I'd probably give it to my Enchantress though :x

It's too bad you can search or sort by damage values on sources.

Makes those deals you do find all the better! Nobody else can find it either!

Inferno act2+ is broken. I've got 16k dps, 4k armor, 700 resistance before mantra of healing (or whatever the one that has the rune for resistances). Still get killed constantly, even with normal enemies if there's enough.

5000 Armor/500 Resistances is more raw mitigation and probably cheaper to have reached money wise since everyone overprices All Resists and underprices +Armor.

Yoshichan

...for 100k, thats beastly though. I'd probably give it to my Enchantress though :x
Thanks for the reminder :3 Need to pimp her with my scrap loot!

smr00

Banned
ok so i need some help and this might be a long post with terrible punctuation so forgive me.

I am attempting to do inferno solo (or as far as i can, mostly for act 1 butcher/warden farming and siege farming) what is a better class to do so? hunter or wizard? i have both at 60. That being said what stats in order should i go for besides INT/DEX, obviously i want lots of both, on wizard should i focus on also getting a lot of resist all? attack speed and crit dmg? or try to get as much INT/RES as possible with some speed/crit and vit? DEX/CRIT i know is good as well.

Also what is a good HP number i should be at? i know i shouldn't go crazy and get 50-60k+ because that cuts into my DPS etc. I hear Wizards are the best for Butcher/Warden and Siege farming so i am leaning towards the Wizard but i am not exactly sure what stats i should be shooting for other than INT, some people tell me to go really high INT and try to get around 500 resist all with around 30% attack speed total on gear with 100%+ crit, some people tell me to just go all out INT/Resist, some people tell me to get 50k+ HP, some people tell me that around 20k HP is fine long as i have high resist.

scy

Thanks for the reminder :3 Need to pimp her with my scrap loot!

They scale relatively well. Pretty easy to drop some cash and get the Templar to something ridiculous like 100k+ HP. My Enchantress is at ~4k DPS with 60k HP and it cost I think 200k total? And that's only because I wanted good INT/VIT items with Magic Find.

Lyonaz

So I took a break from my lvl 39 Witch Doctor (Nightmare Act 3) and made my first Hardcore character, a Demon Hunter.
Hotdamn DH is fun, vaulting and rapid shooting ftw. Also hardcore is pretty tense, got some near deaths and surviving those makes it so exciting, I'm seriously gonna be bummed out when I lose a high level character though.

Won

Haha, just had a Act 2 Wasp boss with Minion, reflect damage and plagued. Can't even imagine how a melee class would have to tackle that. So many bees!

Ok..I'm only on Nightmare mode, but damn..I just die over and over again.

I'm a Wizard, not sure about all my stats but Im 49 with just over 2k dmg. and 6k health :/

I put on as much Int. high armor and wep. as possible but I feel like Ive shorted myself on Vitality for HP's.
I find myself getting one-shotted alot. I think people get annoyed playing with me :/

I dont see how you guys make money to spend at the AH, most Ive had at one time was 110k maybe. All my money goes to repairs or potions...

I think my build might be fucking me up. Decided to play my guy as a Ice Wizard, took all the ice skills accept Ice Hydra, instead Ive been using the Tornado spell.
I have some succes, throwing an ice storm down then placing whirlwinds that stay in place inside the storm while blasting it with the cold ray. Defensively of course I got diamond skin (to me its ice!), Ice armor, and the AoE insta freeze. Usually if things get hairy I can freeze the surrounding area and run, pop on DS for a quick 3 sec absorb.

Maybe I should just start putting on high def/vitality shit and mix and match spell types, cause this shit isnt working out.

Screenshot016.jpg

scy

ok so i need some help and this might be a long post with terrible punctuation so forgive me.

I am attempting to do inferno solo (or as far as i can, mostly for act 1 butcher/warden farming and siege farming) what is a better class to do so? hunter or wizard? i have both at 60. That being said what stats in order should i go for besides INT/DEX, obviously i want lots of both, on wizard should i focus on also getting a lot of resist all? attack speed and crit dmg? or try to get as much INT/RES as possible with some speed/crit and vit? DEX/CRIT i know is good as well.

Also what is a good HP number i should be at? i know i shouldn't go crazy and get 50-60k+ because that cuts into my DPS etc. I hear Wizards are the best for Butcher/Warden and Siege farming so i am leaning towards the Wizard but i am not exactly sure what stats i should be shooting for other than INT, some people tell me to go really high INT and try to get around 500 resist all with around 30% attack speed total on gear with 100%+ crit, some people tell me to just go all out INT/Resist, some people tell me to get 50k+ HP, some people tell me that around 20k HP is fine long as i have high resist.

Here's my Wizard:

Edit: Actual build, I guess:
Shock Pulse > Piercing Orb
Blizzard > Grasping Chill because I forget to change it to the cost reduction instead.
Magic Weapon > Force Weapon
Energy Armor > Force Armor
Hydra > Venom Hydra
Teleport > Wormhole

Passives - Glass Cannon, Paralysis, Illusionist

Act 1 is pretty much a joke, Act 2 wasn't all that bad though I skipped most of it to get to Act 3 farming since the rewards are better. Build is high Attack Speed Shock Pulse + Piercing Orb spam with Blizzard/Venom Hydra use otherwise. I'll be honest though, it's not a cheap set of equipment. Prowlers (Bracers) are expensive on the US and IAS% Rings/Amulets with decent stats are expensive. The Weapon was like 800k a week ago so that's like, what, 250k now or something? :/

Resists aren't really a big deal personally. High HP and moderate Armor/Resists means that Force Armor gives me a three hit barrier against most big hits and I can typically out kite 90% of enemies anyway. I have a Star Amethyst ready for a ~900 DPS 1.7 APS Weapon to get some Life on Hit and pretty much trivialize the game.

I'd say for Wizard aim for 35k+ HP, +25% Movement Speed, ~1000 INT, and 2.3-2.5+ Attacks per Second. After that, just start working everything higher. My goal is ~45k HP and 3 APS with roughly the same INT I have now. Maybe get to ~315 All Resists for the 50% Mitigation but I haven't had too many issues (actually, the opposite; I don't take enough damage to trigger my Passive procs).

On the other hand, my DH is in complete garbage equip (~10k HP, 15k or 20k pre-Sharpshooter DPS depending on MF or GF equip) and Act 1 and 2 is pretty easy (barring Lacuni's out of nowhere) for general farming. I prefer my Wizard for NV stack Act clears personally but that's mostly since I got my Wizard good equipment and my DH is in scraps :x

Opiate

Really enjoying the brick wall in inferno (currently stuck in Act III).

Farming endlessly for gear in order to progress is so much nicer than farming endlessly for gear... so you could more easily farm endlessly gear.

HenryHSH

Really enjoying the brick wall in inferno (currently stuck in Act III).

Farming endlessly for gear in order to progress is so much nicer than farming endlessly for gear... so you could more easily farm endlessly gear.

Farming for gear in Diablo 2 meant you got to level up aswell. I really think stopping at level 60 was a bad idea.

You know they'll add more levels after a while. They just want people to spend $ on level 60 gear for a while first before introducing more levels and more shit for people to spend money on.

smr00

Banned
Here's my Wizard:

Edit: Actual build, I guess:
Shock Pulse > Piercing Orb
Blizzard > Grasping Chill because I forget to change it to the cost reduction instead.
Magic Weapon > Force Weapon
Energy Armor > Force Armor
Hydra > Venom Hydra
Teleport > Wormhole

Passives - Glass Cannon, Paralysis, Illusionist

Act 1 is pretty much a joke, Act 2 wasn't all that bad though I skipped most of it to get to Act 3 farming since the rewards are better. Build is high Attack Speed Shock Pulse + Piercing Orb spam with Blizzard/Venom Hydra use otherwise. I'll be honest though, it's not a cheap set of equipment. Prowlers (Bracers) are expensive on the US and IAS% Rings/Amulets with decent stats are expensive. The Weapon was like 800k a week ago so that's like, what, 250k now or something? :/

Resists aren't really a big deal personally. High HP and moderate Armor/Resists means that Force Armor gives me a three hit barrier against most big hits and I can typically out kite 90% of enemies anyway. I have a Star Amethyst ready for a ~900 DPS 1.7 APS Weapon to get some Life on Hit and pretty much trivialize the game.

I'd say for Wizard aim for 35k+ HP, +25% Movement Speed, ~1000 INT, and 2.3-2.5+ Attacks per Second. After that, just start working everything higher. My goal is ~45k HP and 3 APS with roughly the same INT I have now. Maybe get to ~315 All Resists for the 50% Mitigation but I haven't had too many issues (actually, the opposite; I don't take enough damage to trigger my Passive procs).

On the other hand, my DH is in complete garbage equip (~10k HP, 15k or 20k pre-Sharpshooter DPS depending on MF or GF equip) and Act 1 and 2 is pretty easy (barring Lacuni's out of nowhere) for general farming. I prefer my Wizard for NV stack Act clears personally but that's mostly since I got my Wizard good equipment and my DH is in scraps :x
So what do i go for in terms of stats on gear? go all out INT? some resist? doesn't look like you have a ton of resist.

just need to know what order of stats to go for like INT > VIT > RESIST etc.

scy

Do monks or DHs ever use shields? If so, this looks kind of ridiculous.

Low Block chance hurts it for Monks :( The stats are nice though.

Farming for gear in Diablo 2 meant you got to level up aswell. I really think stopping at level 60 was a bad idea.

You know they'll add more levels after a while. They just want people to spend $ on level 60 gear for a while first before introducing more levels and more shit for people to spend money on.

To be fair, most D2 builds were planned out for Level 9X or something rather than the cap. The grind to 99 was just sort of there, personally, and not really any extra of an incentive.

Mairu

this sucks. can't kill anything in that comes at me in mobs of more than 1 in inferno. please help. i know i need LoH but what else.

these are buffed stats fyi

I didn't really need to start thinking about life on hit until act 2 but looks like you just need to worry about increasing your armor, resist all, and vitality if you want to survive act 1. What build are you using? I don't think your resists are even that bad for act 1 (and only for act 1, they'll definitely need to be higher for act 2) considering you should be using war cry to boost them

Credo

I've got a question, GAF. I have my DH and wizard both at lvl 31. I'm going to take one of them to 60 next because my barbarian just isn't cutting it. I know you can find great deals on gear for every class on the AH, but in general, which class (DH or wizard) is cheaper to get to 60 and then to gear up for act 2/3 Inferno?

Opiate

Strongly disagree. Leveling past 90 was simply intended to make even the hardest content in the game completely irrelevant and wasn't a necessary part of the game at all. It was, again, just something you did so that you could farm the content more easily than you already could at that point.

Now gearing has a progressive purpose. It's much better than Diablo 2 in this regard and I really would not want to go back to a game without inferno. Personally, I'm hopeful inferno will be made harder -- I was expecting it to take 3-6 months, mostly because that precisely what Blizzard told us. It's kind of disappointing that I'm already progressing through Act III 2 weeks out in a game that's supposed to last 5-10 years.

KKRT00

Haha, just had a Act 2 Wasp boss with Minion, reflect damage and plagued. Can't even imagine how a melee class would have to tackle that. So many bees!

I had them as waller, illusionist, fast and i think extra health, imagine how fight as a Monk went up ... ;\ Fucking 20 enemies spamming bees everywhere.

Shouta

The game's economy behaves like an early beta phase build. So broken.

Don't go defense, go Evasion in Act 2 with Life on Hit/Life Per Spirit Spent. You'll do much better as a Monk.

HenryHSH

To be fair, most D2 builds were planned out for Level 9X or something rather than the cap. The grind to 99 was just sort of there, personally, and not really any extra of an incentive.

True, but my point was that D3 could have used a few more levels. Maybe 5 or levels to progress through on inferno?

Now gearing has a progressive purpose. It's much better than Diablo 2 in this regard

I feel that grinding for loot to sell so I can buy the items that drop in later acts to progress is ridiculous.

At least that's the case for Barbarians.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom