• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gotchaye

It is fair to say that the "solo players" have lost out, though. Blizzard has clearly decided to cater to people like me (And presumably D2JSP users), who vastly prefer having a robust trading system in place. If you want a single player game, then yes, you lose. I also wish games like Hearts of Iron or highly complex RTS could be made more frequently and with greater production values, but they aren't that popular so I lose out. Oh well.

It's not so much the trading that bothers me as the fact that a player starting today is not going to be on anything like equal footing. I've enjoyed my interactions with the AH because I was in the first or second wave of people to hit Inferno and I felt like I was trading. I'd find good items and sell them, and then use the money to buy comparable items for my class. I don't think I'd enjoy the gold farming that people are talking about having to do now that one can't make very good money farming Act 1 Inferno items. I haven't beaten Inferno yet but I can farm Siegebreaker with 5 NV stacks pretty easily, and I enjoy doing that. I occasionally find items that I can sell for up to a few million gold, and I can use that gold for upgrades. That just strikes me as a very different experience than stacking gold find and breaking pots over and over.

Perhaps this issue will work itself out. Since items last forever but there's a tax on gold, maybe the prices of items sufficient to beat Act 3 and 4 will eventually get down to where people can afford them without having to farm excessively. Maybe at that point the highest prices will be paid for items that allow easy farming /and/ have high MF. But right now I would not want to be starting out on a new account.

Unrelated: Who is buying these crappy set items? I just found some Blackthorne's Boots with low rolls on everything, with a small bit of strength and some poison resist, and they sold for a million gold. It makes no sense to me.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Did Blizzard say they were planning to reduce the blacksmith and jewelcrafting prices for the next patch? I forgot. It's a bit too expensive to change a Radiant into a Square one imo.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Did Blizzard say they were planning to reduce the blacksmith and jewelcrafting prices for the next patch? I forgot. It's a bit too expensive to change a Radiant into a Square one imo.

Yeah, I pretty much ignored crafting after the AH.

Why spend 100-200k (or whatever it is) to boost a state +4 when that gets you +100 in the AH.

forrest

formerly nacire
I decided to stop farming act 3 and start farming act 4 inferno. The time it takes to get your stacks and clear to diablo (starting on the final quest) takes much more time than an azmodan run in act 3. So of the mobs are just such a pain not including some of the packs. I can consistently get to Diablo with 5 stacks, but I have yet to kill the kill with the stacks up. Keep running out of time. >_<

Cipherr

I do 2 person butcher runs all the time and if anything its easier than solo. Last night i did a few 4 mans and we were straight up melting shit

No offense, but he isnt talking about Act 1. Act 1 and Act 2 and 3 are totally seperate animals on Inferno. The scaling means jack all in Act 1. But go into Act three solo and do champ packs, then pick up 3 friends and try. The scaling is outrageous.

Volodja

After something like one hour of running in circles with elites, diving in with Serenity, blinding them, gettin them off me with the Knockback Kick and in one case dragging some stupid Nightmareish, Molten, Fire Chained and something else Wasps to Khasim Outpost basically getting them killed by the villagers (while being killed by them a sad amount of times), I've finally managed to kill Magda at Inferno, even if I had just 4 NV stacks.

I got nothing worth the trouble out of it, but I know that I somehow can survive a bit in Act 2 to get a little farming done if I feel bored of Butcher runs.

I'm pretty much made of paper for that act, and the fact that I'm forced to go without a shield otherwise my attack speed would be too low to fuel me with spirit, life on hit and to keep stunlocking doesn't help, but I can still manage to take a couple hits (depending on the enemy 2 hits already means death but thanks goodness for the mini-knockback on the last hit of Way of the Hundred Fists) and the standard mobs aren't too problematic if I manage to CC them decently.

This gives me a little bit more drive to keep it up.

teh_pwn

It's not so much the trading that bothers me as the fact that a player starting today is not going to be on anything like equal footing. I've enjoyed my interactions with the AH because I was in the first or second wave of people to hit Inferno and I felt like I was trading. I'd find good items and sell them, and then use the money to buy comparable items for my class. I don't think I'd enjoy the gold farming that people are talking about having to do now that one can't make very good money farming Act 1 Inferno items. I haven't beaten Inferno yet but I can farm Siegebreaker with 5 NV stacks pretty easily, and I enjoy doing that. I occasionally find items that I can sell for up to a few million gold, and I can use that gold for upgrades. That just strikes me as a very different experience than stacking gold find and breaking pots over and over.

Perhaps this issue will work itself out. Since items last forever but there's a tax on gold, maybe eventually the prices of items sufficient to beat Act 3 and 4 will eventually get down to where people can afford them without having to farm excessively. Maybe at that point the highest prices will be paid for items that allow easy farming /and/ have high MF. But right now I would not want to be starting out on a new account.

My problem is that you are given irrelevant, weak loot in act 1 in preparation for act 2. You are left so vulnerable that a single wasp takes you down over and over. Then you have the AH that has what you need...being sold in the millions. Mindlesslying grinding in act1 for a million gold is really boring. I started noticing which parts were fixed and which were randomly generated. Oh, and "the star fell here".

Wallach

I'm EU unfortunately.

Hm. Well what I would do is set your parameters and start around 100k gold as your maximum buyout and move through not just the rares but magic weapons as well and see what shows up in your results. I feel like on the US servers it is pretty easy to find magic weapons in the 900-950 DPS range. For rares it will probably only get you into the high 800s or just barely 900 range so you'll need to do some per-item evaluation, but most of the best deals in those searches will likely outperform even a high end roll on a Hellrack.

OTIX

Just beat Inferno Belial on my wizard, wasn't as bad as I had heard at all. Died a couple times on the adds but the last phase was still easy. Act 2 was really intense overall, it's the first time you have to play carefully and not just plow through enemies. I did have to skip some elite packs though, maybe a third of them or so were just impossible with my gear.

Zaptruder

Banned

Perhaps this issue will work itself out. Since items last forever but there's a tax on gold, maybe the prices of items sufficient to beat Act 3 and 4 will eventually get down to where people can afford them without having to farm excessively. Maybe at that point the highest prices will be paid for items that allow easy farming /and/ have high MF. But right now I would not want to be starting out on a new account.

Unrelated: Who is buying these crappy set items? I just found some Blackthorne's Boots with low rolls on everything, with a small bit of strength and some poison resist, and they sold for a million gold. It makes no sense to me.

Item supply grows yes, but at this point, item demand is outstripping item supply. Big inflation.

As the more casual players trend down and leave the game, the demand should contract... but been that this is a blizzard game, you might be looking at years before that actually happens.

The more important mechanism for price drops is deprecation - i.e. newer and better tiers of items becoming the object of importance for players such that old tiers drop in price. Will happen as act 3 and act 4 inferno items become more farmable, and as well as when an expansion is released.

For someone that never knew about D2JSP (me that is), that site is horribly fascinating. It's so sparse, and yet... so beautiful in its single minded sparseness.

teh_pwn

Invulnerable minions plus shielding is bullshit.

Wth walling, teleport, arcane ray, and a large group that keeps teleporting you. It's more profitable to skip these after they kill you.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yes, once you tell us we are all going to flood in, under cut one anther, and crash the market.

Oh yeah, how much do you all think gold will be worth once the RMAH launches? How much do you think $1 will get you?

My gut says 500k gold per $1. I don't know.

How's Witchdoctor in inferno?

Is it still a one shot whore playstyle?

A popular build right now is the mass meet shield build, where you have like 30 summons up at all times. Get some Thorns, and you have a stew going.

In-game tooltip says all damage, not physical only..

Yeah, just checked, looks like I am wrong. 10 Armor is 100% as good a 1 Resist.

uAnrD.jpg

Been farming Inferno pony all day, got me some awesome upgrades which brought me to some nice damage unbuffed :

vbB3K.jpg

I got this on my last run from a pinata :

gP9w8.jpg

Zaptruder

Banned
Yes, once you tell us we are all going to flood in, under cut one anther, and crash the market.

Oh yeah, how much do you all think gold will be worth once the RMAH launches? How much do you think $1 will get you?

My gut says 500k gold per $1. I don't know.

A popular build right now is the mass meet shield build, where you have like 30 summons up at all times. Get some Thorns, and you have a stew going.

$1 per 100k seems like a good starting point.

Depends on how long it takes most players to farm 100k... also, chinese players can't get into the Americas server right?

Snookie

Nah his HP is more than enough for Hell, even if he isn't doing a glass cannon type setup.

Through hell I'd probably run something like this: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aRXVjZ!aYe!YZZcYZ

Frost Arrow can be pretty much whatever AoE you want, I just really like Elemental Arrow (Multishot w/ Fire at Will is another decent choice for the instant stagger). Impale isn't necessary for single target either and you could run something like 80%/root Caltrops if you find yourself wanting it (or just wanting to learn how to use them better for Inferno or something).

Thanks Ill give this a shot. I've been using chakrams, caltrops and vault which got me through normal and nightmare so i'm realizing i need to switch up my play style especially when I come across some elites.

Shouta

Well with the bannings/shutdowns of the CD Key threads I just wanted to be sure.

:lol He just sold a necklace for 5mil and made $90. Unreal.

CD Keys are a different issue though.

Besides, Blizzard is actually starting a RMAH in the game.

inky

Fast, invulnerable minions, knockback, nightmarish has to be the easiest but most annoying pack you ever encountered, especially for melee. Did I mention they were leapers borrowers too? Ugh.

In other news, could this be the first not completely useless legendary I get?

IBeKI.png

From the look of it it's not string of ears so probably not...

Invulnerable minions plus shielding is bullshit.

Eh, most elite groups are problematic mostly based on the context in which I fight them on my DH. Short of soul lashers from act 3, I can handle anything if I'm given room. If I get a group like, right at the transition into a new dungeon level, then I am sad. I just had a group of shielding fast spiderlings in the cave of the betrayer on act 2 inferno and it was literally impossible to kill them, even with smokescreen spam. The half second in between casts was death 100% of the time. Fighting that same group in an open space is all I would need to kill it though.

Quikies83

Just logged in after a 5 day break and I'd say I've been hacked.. Cleaned out my inventory, stash, and gold but did leave me with a level 23 Bow. This kinda hurt my feelings.
I've since enabled authentication via phone..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom