• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

isny

napkin dispenser
Just logged in after a 5 day break and I'd say I've been hacked.. Cleaned out my inventory, stash, and gold but did leave me with a level 23 Bow. This kinda hurt my feelings.
I've since enabled authentication via phone..

Wat? Why not just get a mobile/regular authenticator?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Sometimes I feel like an Asshole with Magic Seaker Missiles. Enemy moves out of the way of the bullet, then the bullet turns around and hits them anyway.

Also, my game became a bullet hell shooter for 8 minutes. 4 Hornets shooting their bees, have fire chains, arcane lasers, shields, and burning. Thank god they didn't have morter.

Cipherr

Fuck em. Poetic justice for the insane range on melee attacks.

I hadn't noticed this until I rolled my mage alt. What the hell is up with that? Has it been like this since launch? I figured I was just lagging today, but melee hits sometimes connect even when you are YARDS away. Annoying as hell.

Gotchaye

I hadn't noticed this until I rolled my mage alt. What the hell is up with that? Has it been like this since launch? I figured I was just lagging today, but melee hits sometimes connect even when you are YARDS away. Annoying as hell.

Yeah, that's always been there. I think it's their way of discouraging kiting. Most enemies have a guaranteed-hit melee attack if they get close to you. The bigger enemies also tend to have a stronger but dodge-able melee attack, though, and I find myself hoping that they'll use them.

Although if you teleport after the animation starts but before you'd take the damage, you'll make it out untouched.

Can anyone tell me how much this is worth? Trying to get rid of it.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/artisan/blacksmith/recipe/exalted-sovereign-helm

I would guess very little. The +4 recipes don't seem that valuable in general, and for helms in particular the blacksmith can by default craft a 322 armor piece with 4 affixes.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

With the snap back from jailer, I think it is lag from the server.

So, level 60 Vender Trash, think its better to just vender them, or melt them down? How much are the Brimstones worth?

inky

Where's the best the place to acquire NV stacks before inferno Butcher?

I hit a pretty big wall in Act 2.

Just restart that whole chapter. I think it is chapter 9, down all 3 floors from the Halls of Agony. I usually get 8~ elites on my way to Butcher, plus jailer boss drops rares too.

Gotchaye

Where's the best the place to acquire NV stacks before inferno Butcher?

I hit a pretty big wall in Act 2.

Festering Woods can be great for that. There's a guaranteed champion in each of the little caves and there's often a bonus quest that shows up on a hill near the entrance that creates an elite skeleton.

But also you should probably be starting before the Warden, because he counts as a boss and gives you NV drops, and you're typically going to get 3 stacks or so on your way to him.

Shadow780

Festering wood then the warden.

Just restart that whole chapter. I think it is chapter 9, down all 3 floors from the Halls of Agony. I usually get 8~ elites on my way to Butcher, plus jailer boss drops rares too.

On the way to butcher? I can usually kill anywhere from 7-10 elites just in Halls of Agony 2, the bridge on the way to the jail, the jail itself, and HoA 3

Festering Woods can be great for that. There's a guaranteed champion in each of the little caves and there's often a bonus quest that shows up on a hill near the entrance that creates an elite skeleton.

But also you should probably be starting before the Warden, because he counts as a boss and gives you NV drops, and you're typically going to get 3 stacks or so on your way to him.

thanks guys.

What's the equivalent of warden / butcher for Act 2? i.e. what's the most efficient farming run, whether it be 5 stack boss kills, or treasure goblins, or resp. chests, or whatever

Gotchaye

What's the equivalent of warden / butcher for Act 2? i.e. what's the most efficient farming run, whether it be 5 stack boss kills, or treasure goblins, or resp. chests, or whatever

I'm really not sure. I think if you can do Act 2 comfortably you should probably be farming Siegebreaker with
Tyrael
in act 3. Otherwise I think it may depend on what kinds of enemies you have issues with. My wizard could do 5 NV runs on the first boss long before I could do the others just because of how hard it was to kill the snakes. And the towers that make spiders were nasty too.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
My gut says Kool. You have the two rooms in his dungeon to get that stacks in, can just go outside/TP if you need more, and he isn't that hard.

Also, I can see a warden loot nerf coming, he is just so easy for what you get. That, or they should make him harder.

Cipherr

Yeah, that's always been there. I think it's their way of discouraging kiting. Most enemies have a guaranteed-hit melee attack if they get close to you. The bigger enemies also tend to have a stronger but dodge-able melee attack, though, and I find myself hoping that they'll use them.

Although if you teleport after the animation starts but before you'd take the damage, you'll make it out untouched.

This must be what kept it from me on my DH. I ran vault and 80% caltrops nearly 100% of the time 1-60. Never let anything get near me if I could help it, even when I was rocking a 1h xbow and a shield heh.

DTKT

Are there any random drop blue items at lvl60 even worth selling at the AH? Aside from those high dps weapons of course.

Weapons : Not under 700-800 DPS.
Most belt, helm, golves, bracers, pants and terrible.

Ring, Amulet : Maybe if you got the right stats.

98% of blues are crap.

Unicorn

Just started a Witch Doctor the other day and even before release I was thinking about a Spirit based build (since I think zombies fit better for a Necromancer). Before I had no idea what would be good in-game, but now that I've had some time with Wizard and a bit with the WD I think I've come up with a fun, spirit based build.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#gjUdXe!VfU!ZcZcYc

Any ideas from other WD about this?

Ideas for changes or gear necessities are very welcome.

Well, this is only partially true. The drop rate of uniques was clearly higher than in this game. It's very, very apparent and absolutely necessary given how the AH makes the interconnected pool of players so much higher (and because they are now trying to tie the game's economy to the value of these items). Now you definitely would almost never find really top shelf gear playing solo for sure, but in terms of set/unique items actually dropping at all it was clearly more often in D2. Even from launch.

The best items in D2 weren't uniques though. Good luck finding Zod, Jah & Ber solo.

Sgblues

Well....got Siuzogg the mangler, A phasebeast with fast, arcane, jailer, invulnerable minions in tower of the dammed 2, spent close to an hour whittling away his hp via zoning using seven-sided strike and wave of light(explosive light) and his minions didn't die when he did and I can't outrun them and if I do get ahead they would teleport and use jailer. So I restarted the level, and guess who again? Yeah with the same set up but now there's a bunch of rare soul lashers right next to them as well =(

Wallach

The best items in D2 weren't uniques though. Good luck finding Zod, Jah & Ber solo.

Right. I mean you made two separate statements there - you wouldn't hardly ever find the best gear solo (true since this came from ruenwords and high end rares, the comparison to D3 works), and that playing solo you would hardly ever find uniques (which is not true and the comparison to D3 does not work).

Gotchaye

Well....got Siuzogg the mangler, A phasebeast with fast, arcane, jailer, invulnerable minions in tower of the dammed 2, spent close to an hour whittling away his hp via zoning using seven-sided strike and wave of light(explosive light) and his minions didn't die when he did and I can't outrun them and if I do get ahead they would teleport and use jailer. So I restarted the level, and guess who again? Yeah with the same set up but now there's a bunch of rare soul lashers right next to them as well =(

Blizzard never anticipated someone trying to fight that instead of restarting the game like a sane person.

Woo-Fu

Banned
thanks guys.

They left out the best place: cemetery.

What I recommend is this:

Start the quest on the jailer segment.
Portal to cemetery.
Grab the unique outside if he is there.
Grab two NV stacks inside the crypts. bonus points for any of the events.
There is usually a shrine in the cemetery, if it is fortune, save it.
Go back to halls of pain level 2, work your way to the jailer, you should have five stacks if you clear his level.
Portal to town, use the pad to cemetery, grab the fortune shrine, pad back to town, use your still-open portal to get back to the jailer and kill him before the fortune shrine runs out. There could also be a fortune shrine on that level as well.
Push through to the butcher and finish.

The thing about grabbing two stacks in the cemetery nice and quick is that they should make the loot better on the packs you have to fight on the way to jailer/butcher and usually will insure that you have 5 by the time you hit the jailer.

Starting at the jailer bit of the quest saves you one level and a lot of time in my experience.

Found a windforce while goblin farming tonight, the base dps was only mid-600 though, very disappointing for one of my favorite diablo weapons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom