• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucrid

Banned
wooooooo

nmQsu.png

that shit cray

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Well I just missed the perfect weapon because some douche decided to list a buyout of 26m instead of 25 (seriously!?!?!?!?) and I was 500k or so short. Of course after this enough of my stuff sells to afford it. FML

FML

FML.

Darkman M

Well I just missed the perfect weapon because some douche decided to list a buyout of 26m instead of 25 (seriously!?!?!?!?) and I was 500k or so short. Of course after this enough of my stuff sells to afford it. FML

FML

FML.

You have 25 million gold to blow on a weapon? screw you.

tch

These boots seem semi-ok, what should I ask for them (if I don't use them)? My other pair gives movement speed and magic find so I'm in a bind

260 armor
+32 dex
+ 163 intelligence
+ 34 physical resistance
+ 60 resistance to all elements
+ 16% extra gold
+melee attackers take 461 dmg on hit

x3r0123

These boots seem semi-ok, what should I ask for them (if I don't use them)? My other pair gives movement speed and magic find so I'm in a bind

260 armor
+32 dex
+ 163 intelligence
+ 34 physical resistance
+ 60 resistance to all elements
+ 16% extra gold
+melee attackers take 461 dmg on hit

those are nice numbers, check the AH

yacobod

Banned
finally tried act 2 on inferno, cleared thru magda and the sewers. died a few times, and had to cheese one elite pack by kiting them back to the city, but upgrading my weapon really helped my cause. was trucking around with 5 NV and dropping packs. didn't really find the loot any better in act 2 than act 1 though.

Was it hard in act 2 ?

BTW are people using nether tentacles or frozen arrow with life leach reduced in Inferno?

Lots of kiting and I had the templar with me. Managed to take down all the packs that weren't stupidly fast. It wasnt that bad but from my brief encounter with the serpent guys, I can see the rest of the chapter being an absolute nightmare.

I'm a fan of Nether Tentacles with its wide AoE and slow travel. It exploits SS and gets crazy crit damage, but it's still good otherwise. With Mortal Enemy and bat companion you can fire of an absurd amount before depleting your hatred.

ElyrionX

I feel like most of the gear I paid out the ass for getting into inferno has now dropped in value significantly. So I'm paying a ton to upgrade, and can't sell my stuff for even pennies now. The market on all resist gear has just dropped beyond belief.

What sucks about that is that those are the things that Butcher runs seem to drop... at best. I'll get excited seeing an all resist, main stat piece only to look it up and I can only get like 5,000 gold for it at most. Even with vit on there unless the all resist is 60-70 it seems to be worth peanuts. I kind of fear I won't be able to get through Act 2 and farm soon enough to hit that bubble and make anything.

A bit late in replying to this but yes the All Resist gear market has collapsed. I used to be able to buy All Resist armor parts for below 50k and flip it immediately for 3 to 5 times the cost. Not anymore.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
FFWbm.jpg

I think I'd have act 2 in the bag if I didn't have so much trouble with elites that are so fast that I can't prevent them from getting up in my grill.

Considering getting some Lacuni Prowlers to up my movement speed more, but I'm not sure if it would be better to just save a couple mil for a major dps upgrade so I can do more damage before things get to that point.

Any tips for a squishy wizard?

Takuan

I just got home and logged on to confirm my stats. 18K DPS (15K without Steady Aim), 26.7K Life. Resistances are there, but I don't think they're particularly great at around 150-250 each. Still, I feel like these should be suitable stats for Hell, but the fact is that rare mobs will own me in a game with 3 people, sometimes 2.

If you want to continue using Multishot then you need to pair it with Suppression fire or the low cost rune. If you go with the Suppression fire, I recommend getting the tactical passive (the one that looks like a black dude holding a knife) so that you have ample Discipline all the time and you get Hatred from picking up globes. Mark of Death is good, put it on the one that generates Hatred as Multishot is a big Hatred sink. I would seriously replace Vault with Smoke Screen, it gets you out of jailers, stunners and other stuff. Vault's delay makes it hard to use in harder difficulties because of the occasional lag. There is no reason to use Spike Trap AND Multishot as they are both AOE damage dealers. You want a single target damage dealer, Impale with Overpenetration is nice and once you get it... Impale with Greavious wound. Sharpshooter passive is a staple, no reason not to pick it. If you do pick it, then start gearing for critical damage+. Your weapon should be 300-400DPS range at least.

Once you reach LVL60, you can replace your Hatred moves with Nether tentacles... it's seriously OP. Great for big target single enemies and large numbered mobs.
I use MS with the Discipline-gainer to enable Vaults and Caltrops, which I use fairly often. I don't have any +run speed, so I rely on vaulting and snaring to create distance. I hear what you're saying about MS and Spike Trap being redundant, but the traps do amazing damage and MS is good for gaining discipline. I'll give Smoke Screen a try as suggested, never really played around with it much and didn't know about the anti-stun/jail effect. I do run Impale with Overpenetration, and Mark is also paired with the Hatred-generator. My greatest difficulty is managing Hatred & Discipline levels since the attack speed on these crossbows are shite, making it hard to re-fresh MS stocks and, therefore, easy to run out on Discipline. I'll mess about with one of either MS or Spiked Trap and see how that works out for me. I'm leaning toward Spiked Trap due to the damage, and the fact that it's really only a few instances where MS can be used to refresh Discipline enough to be useful.

I'm very much looking forward to unlocking Tentacles. I hope they don't nerf it before I have a change to "raise hell" a bit (hur hur!) before lubing up for Inferno. I imagine a lot of my difficulties will go away once I'm able to spam Nether Tentacles for the victory.

Roll with bola shots. I prefer the first rune. But I've upgraded to the arcane rune since I just unlocked it. Also try impale with over penetration. With 2 handed you want to get your crit damage up. And use the passive that raises your crit % every second
I'm not a fan of the slowness of bola shots, even when dual-wielding, but maybe I'll give it another go. I'm running into more and more people running this as their Hatred-gen, and I guess there's a good reason for that.

My Passives are currently: Steady Aim, Sharpshooter, and Archery. I'm getting pretty nice crits right now, but I may swap Steady Aim with Vengeance for the extra Hatred - I don't think damage is a concern for me at this point.

Arulan

After about 10 hours of attempts I've finally defeated Diablo on Inferno. I'm sure having better gear would have helped tremendously, as with some of the elite packs (Soul Lashers) that have taken a couple hours worth of trying to kill but at long last Diablo has been defeated.

I probably should have remembered to take a screenshot over the body but here are a few screenshots of my stats/gear. Monk obviously.

sleepykyo

After about 10 hours of attempts I've finally defeated Diablo on Inferno. I'm sure having better gear would have helped tremendously, as with some of the elite packs (Soul Lashers) that have taken a couple hours worth of trying to kill but at long last Diablo has been defeated.

I probably should have remembered to take a screenshot over the body but here are a few screenshots of my stats/gear. Monk obviously.

Thanks. Saving for future reference.

how viable is crit chance/damage OVER Attack Speed for DH's?

Currently I'm at 1.54 attacks per second.

Should I focus on getting more Crit Chance (currently at 16%) or Crit Damage (currently at 137%) or more Aspd?

I'm at 37k damage (without sharpshooter)

Ferrio

Banned
how viable is crit chance/damage OVER Attack Speed for DH's?

Currently I'm at 1.54 attacks per second.

Should I focus on getting more Crit Chance (currently at 16%) or Crit Damage (currently at 137%) or more Aspd?

I'm at 37k damage (without sharpshooter)

Crit chance/Damage are better I'd say, just because you're going to be doing a lot of kiting which doesn't take advantage of speed. I'm at like 1.2 atk speed or something.

Currently I'm in the process of getting more crit damage gear, even sacrificing dex for it. It boosts your damage way up if you have a decent crit chance.

LordCanti

I'm drowning in loot GAF. Drowning in it. Like 4 exalted grand plans. Multiple resist all stuff (gloves/boots/pants/helm/etc), MF ammys, etc.

That chest....thank you to all who ventured on the quest for chest.

Goodnight.

Alex

Just got my Wizard to 60, too, using that power level trick.

Trying to decide what to do between damage and resists. After reading, my main trains of thoughts seem to be either go pure glass cannon or go for a smaller, more healthy bit of resists, like 300-350.

Saw a few guys posting that they stacked them all the way to like.. 800-900. That seems very foolish to me, considering that they don't have companion defensive stats like armor and dodge, etc that combine to make the plateaus like the melee classes and aren't supposed to be taking any consistent blows, so you're just stacking the fuck out of one heavily DR'd (diminishing returns) stat.

I think I'll just pull in what I can passively while focusing on my int and a decent HP pool. I hear its good to have a nice HP pool for the one armor rune that prevents hits above 35%?

Think I'm finally getting the hang of Inferno... Made quite a bit of progress into Act 1 and then spent a while just farming a couple random dungeons with 5/5 Valor and didn't have too much difficulty with the champion packs.

With my Witch Doctor I'm up to about 20k Damage, 36k HP, and roughly 200-220 resists. It seems as though switching to a strong single-target build has helped, tonight I was playing with something like: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#agUXek!VfW!aaZaZZ. Basically Darts, Spirit Barrage, and Haunt for damage; Zombie Wall and Horrify for CC; and Spirit Walk for escaping/kiting/mana regen. With passives to help control my mana and survivability.

Getting a Champion pack stuck behind a Zombie Wall and then absolutely massacring one of them in a couple of seconds from across the screen with darts, haunt, and spirit barrage is pretty satisfying. It does involve a lot of kiting though in general and I do miss Zombie Bears and Firebombing everything to oblivion.

We don't have a large enough data set to know for sure yet, but I don't think this is the case for Barbarians. Given 3-6 months of consistent Act I/II farming, I'm quite confident that the loot would have dropped in order to progress to III/IV. It's exceptionally rare in acts I/II, but it exists.

The AH simply accelerates this process from 3-6 months in to 2-3 weeks instead.

I agree. Watching hardcore streams right now shows you how it's supposed to be working. Nobody is risking act 2 and I don't think anybody is in act 3 yet. Perhaps they used the waypoint bug to farm act 4 ghosts with Tyrael for some of the big DPS weapons, but the economy there is much less flooded with extremely high end items.

Think I'm finally getting the hang of Inferno... Made quite a bit of progress into Act 1 and then spent a while just farming a couple random dungeons with 5/5 Valor and didn't have too much difficulty with the champion packs.

With my Witch Doctor I'm up to about 20k Damage, 36k HP, and roughly 200-220 resists. It seems as though switching to a strong single-target build has helped, tonight I was playing with something like: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#agUXek!VfW!aaZaZZ. Basically Darts, Spirit Barrage, and Haunt for damage; Zombie Wall and Horrify for CC; and Spirit Walk for escaping/kiting/mana regen. With passives to help control my mana and survivability.

Getting a Champion pack stuck behind a Zombie Wall and then absolutely massacring one of them in a couple of seconds from across the screen with darts, haunt, and spirit barrage is pretty satisfying. It does involve a lot of kiting though in general and I do miss Zombie Bears and Firebombing everything to oblivion.

I found act 1 and act 2 almost completely trivial on inferno with a DH. With good play, the only things that can be problematic show up late in act 2 in the sewers and ruins dungeons (specifically the invisisnake fuckheads). Act 3 is a bit of a cockblock, mostly owing to the extremely high density of mobs that can easily 1-shot me. My gear was good for act 2, but not act 3, so I can't brute force bludgeon my way through elites. The areas are constantly full of goatmen who throw spears with HUGE hitboxes and extremely fast animation and travel times that are next to impossible to dodge.

Soul lashers in the keep depths are the incarnation of Satan. They are the most bullshit enemy I've ever seen and I do not know why or how Blizzard ever let these things get into the game in this state. The tongues can hit you instantly (no travel time, no visual effect) from off the side of the screen. They will one shot you if you are playing any of the standard heavy damage builds that are common now for wizards and DHs. A pack of elites with the wrong modifiers is, I am convinced, impossible to kill. Find someone to give you the Siegebreaker waypoint. Kill Siegebreaker in order to save it and spare yourself the fucking bullshit headache of these mobs in the Keep Depths.

BlueSteel

Yey, my next friend got hacked today ...

I saw my friend getting hacked. He was online at 4 am, which i thought was weird, but it was only he never responded and logged off that I alerted him the next day. Sure enough, got hacked.

Also: I played Diablo at starbucks, 2000 ms (2 second) lag yeaaaa.

KKRT00

Were you the one that kept telling your friends to get authenticators? If so... congratulations, enjoy the moment!

Yep, i told him like 3 times. I'm more pissed, because i leveled him to 60 yesterday and bought him a gear, so he could farm with us today on Inferno ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom