• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Audίoboxer;38451916 said:
ps. I love it when people don't remove gems!

I always replace good gem with some worthless +26/+30 one in socketed items when selling :D

1. People love getting stuff for free
2. It shows into more searches

Lord Phol

Is there any reason to search vendors for gear in Inferno?
Like is there a chance a set item or good unique or something might show up?

Kyoufu

I wish Barbarian gear wasn't so expensive. Have to spend out of the ass to be viable in later acts.
LLShC.gif

Anyone else get hacked? This seems to be reaching epidemic proportions. They stole all my stuff from 60 hours of playtime in under 4 minutes.

I never even play in public games =[

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Sooooooooooo frustrating.

Kyoufu

I don't get why people think public games are the cause. That makes absolutely no sense!

Anyone else get hacked? This seems to be reaching epidemic proportions. They stole all my stuff from 60 hours of playtime in under 4 minutes.

Was anything valuable taken or can you replace it all easily?

isny

napkin dispenser
It probably has nothing to do with public games - any chance your password sucked ? Did you use it elsewhere ? Any special characters ? How long ?

Also for those without a smartphone/physical authenticator, just use WinAuth, it's at least a bit of a safety net.

I'm surprised they didn't include authenticators in the CE like they have with other CE's.

Jinko

Audίoboxer;38451916 said:
ps. I love it when people don't remove gems!

Better chance to have an item sell with a gem.

Need help evaluating this belt.

How much is 2117 damage to attacker worth?

It's worth more to a Melee than a ranged, hard to say really, health on hit would be probably be prefered.

On one hand the str and all resist is nice, but the armor is low.

I probably wouldn't buy that, unless I had a lot of armor.

Danj

Wait so they can hack you without the session ID exploit now? Did you have a strong password? Did you have the mobile alerts turned on? Did you have an authenticator?

RPGCrazied

What do you think looks better about it?

To me?

The font, UI almost everything looks better than what they released. Also, the paper doll. Why is it in the real version its just art, but in this version its a 3D model? I'd much prefer this. Even the health globes look better. lol Also, they dropped the cutscenes when talking to a person.

My opinion.

The seigebreaker fight looked more interesting in the old version too. Ah well.

Danj

I don't get why people think public games are the cause. That makes absolutely no sense!

There's currently an exploit around which allows duplication of session IDs. Since a session ID is what you get after you're logged in and authenticated or whatever, it allows bad guys to bypass the whole process entirely, but apparently it can only be done in a public game.

Cru Jones

There's currently an exploit around which allows duplication of session IDs. Since a session ID is what you get after you're logged in and authenticated or whatever, it allows bad guys to bypass the whole process entirely, but apparently it can only be done in a public game.

Blizzard already addressed this and said that te session spoofing exploit is technically impossible to do and no one has had an account compromised in this manner.

Totakeke

It's worth more to a Melee than a ranged, hard to say really, health on hit would be probably be prefered.

On one hand the str and all resist is nice, but the armor is low.

I probably wouldn't buy that, unless I had a lot of armor.

Wasn't there a barb build out there that was dependant on reflecting damage? Maybe not? Can't really find anything on the AH comparable to this though, maybe I should highball it.

Draft

I love how this game looks. It's definitely a departure from D2, but I think it still does a great job capturing the Diablo feel.

dwSaP.png

KKRT00

My friend got hacked when he was offline, but how hackers are bypassing mac address or IP verification? I know that when i was logging into friend's account i needed to verify an account via key sent to email [like steam guard] or by typing answer for 'secret question'.
How are they bypassing that?

My other friend got log out from the game by hackers, but he managed to change password before they could sell anything. He dont play on public games usually, so i'm almost certain they havent got his session id.

Miroku

Cannot believe how hard Act2 inferno elite mobs are, I cant even get close to taking out any of the packs I've seen yet. Guess I gotta farm gold in Act 1 for a few weeks.

Won

Another on bites the dust. Izual down. Bit odd how the difficulty kinda flatlined after Act 2, even if the mobs hit a bit harder.
Only the big D left and this time I will probably need some proper upgrades.

eek5

Wasn't there a barb build out there that was dependant on reflecting damage? Maybe not? Can't really find anything on the AH comparable to this though, maybe I should highball it.

There is a guy who did a build to have bosses 1 shot themselves in normal. I think he got to 17k thorns damage. Most people undervalue thorns though even though pretty much every inferno barb uses a passive that increases thorns damage by 50%. I haven't heard of anyone actively looking for it and based on listings, it doesn't seem to add value to an item. Interestingly enough, thorns doesn't seem to be scaled at all in inferno. I bought two cheap thorns items and took it to A3 and took some hits and was doing more than listed damage to enemies on contact. Seems like a decent way to pad your DPS but I don't know if it will boost your item value much. You can try though since you really have nothing to lose other than a slot for 36 hours.

Another problem is that most barbs and melee classes want String of Ears for its 20% melee damage reduction which devalues a lot of belts.

Mitama

So, got pretty lucky last night and got a 931 dps bow with ias for 300k. Managed to progress just fine so far but just quit when I reached the heart section in the tower (act 3). Soul lasher elites with reflect damage, phasing hulkbeasts with reflect damage...screw that. I'm just gonna remake a game when I encounter those now. Does anyone with a DH remember their dex and dps when they could clear act 3?

Totakeke

There is a guy who did a build to have bosses 1 shot themselves in normal. I think he got to 17k thorns damage. Most people undervalue thorns though even though pretty much every inferno barb uses a passive that increases thorns damage by 50%. I haven't heard of anyone actively looking for it and based on listings, it doesn't seem to add value to an item. Interestingly enough, thorns doesn't seem to be scaled at all in inferno. I bought two cheap thorns items and took it to A3 and took some hits and was doing more than listed damage to enemies on contact. Seems like a decent way to pad your DPS but I don't know if it will boost your item value much. You can try though since you really have nothing to lose other than a slot for 36 hours.

Another problem is that most barbs and melee classes want String of Ears for its 20% melee damage reduction which devalues a lot of belts.

Ah, cool, thanks for the input.

Lord Phol

Guys watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=jtotXRiYimg

Don't get me wrong, I love the game, but why does this video look better in almost every way then what we bought? Just curious.

There are some things I really like in that video. Like how they use their spells in a more tactical manner. The enchanting of ur pets with the locust spells is nice. Overall I really like the wich doctor from this video.
Oh and that ladder was kewl.

Opiate

Of course they said that :D

Actually, this isn't really a case where they have incentive to lie to you. "Our game is awesome and you should buy it!" That's a case where they would lie.

But in this case, lying to people about how they are getting hacked is a really bad idea. Not because it engenders bad customer sentiment (although it would), but because they have a strong financial incentive to fix this problem and stop the constant stream of customer service calls. Customer service calls cost a lot of money, and are to be avoided however possible; lying to customers and telling them public games are fine when they really aren't would be the exact opposite of this.

Cru Jones

Actually, this isn't really a case where they have incentive to lie to you. "Our game is awesome and you should buy it!" That's a case where they would lie.

But in this case, lying to people about how they are getting hacked is a really bad idea. Not because it engenders bad customer sentiment (although it would), but because they have a strong financial incentive to fix this problem and stop the constant stream of customer service calls. Customer service calls cost a lot of money, and are to be avoided however possible; lying to customers and telling them public games are fine when they really aren't would be the exact opposite of this.

You realize that you're trying to reason with conspiracy theorists wearing their tin foil hats right?

Niks

So I just beat the game on normal....
whats next? Im lvl.32 monk.

Do I start nightmare with a new class or what?

Plagued Nightmarish Invulnerable Minions Spider.

Fuck you too game. Fuck you too. I had to reset that area.

Also snagged a 300+ DPS weapon for around 15k - doubled my DPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom