• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

cluto

After about 10 hours of attempts I've finally defeated Diablo on Inferno. I'm sure having better gear would have helped tremendously, as with some of the elite packs (Soul Lashers) that have taken a couple hours worth of trying to kill but at long last Diablo has been defeated.

I probably should have remembered to take a screenshot over the body but here are a few screenshots of my stats/gear. Monk obviously.

Why thunderclap over deadly reach - keen eye? My build is very similar and am wondering if I should go back to using thunderclap.

Rokam

Yep, i told him like 3 times. I'm more pissed, because i leveled him to 60 yesterday and bought him a gear, so he could farm with us today on Inferno ...

Oh well then yeah :(. Do what I did, I got tired of my nephews WoW account getting hacked even though he had a phone capable of an authenticator so I bought him one and guilted him into using it since I spent money.

froliq

Why thunderclap over deadly reach - keen eye? My build is very similar and am wondering if I should go back to using thunderclap.

It's the fastest spirit generator and I believe there's an armor cap that you will exceed by far when going deadly reach - keen eye.

Alex

Random Item Generation is in fucking love with STR.

best item in your price range? Gonna have 150 STR on it!

purg3

slept with Malkin
just beat hell, onward to inferno

current stats for my DH entering inferno...god help me.

Yd9ls.jpg

Arulan

Deadly Reach - Keen Eye may be better for handling normal and elite packs but I was looking to output as much dps as possible to make up for my gear. After my several hours of attempts I had already lost my 5x stacks so I had room to experiment with a few ideas. FoT - Thunderclap I believe is our highest single target damage generator. 145% WP with a 1.45 attack speed modifier. Not to mention it helped keep me close to Diablo as he ran around.

Honestly, with my gear level this fight required close to perfect execution. I originally was using Seven-Sided Strike with reduced CD rune. The reason for this was, for the most part there are two attacks to worry about that Diablo does, his black traps that lock you in and the aoe fire circle he does. With our blind we can interrupt either of these attacks if we use them within 0.5 seconds of noticing him put his hands up, the timing is tight and requires a high response time. I originally used our blind to deal with the traps, causing him to only throw out one of them. I'd then use SSS for the aoe fire circle attack, if used immediately, the fireball he throws completely misses and continues flying away. Serenity was used as backup CD for either. I ended up having to switch SSS for the Earth Ally for increased dps and survival and simply made sure to move out of the traps instead.

Haha wow, I was able to get up to 4 stacks of valor in act II.......nothing amazing dropped but this seemed interesting

jUKGB.jpg

Or is it horrible :p

Zaptruder

Banned
Just got my Wizard to 60, too, using that power level trick.

Trying to decide what to do between damage and resists. After reading, my main trains of thoughts seem to be either go pure glass cannon or go for a smaller, more healthy bit of resists, like 300-350.

Saw a few guys posting that they stacked them all the way to like.. 800-900. That seems very foolish to me, considering that they don't have companion defensive stats like armor and dodge, etc that combine to make the plateaus like the melee classes and aren't supposed to be taking any consistent blows, so you're just stacking the fuck out of one heavily DR'd (diminishing returns) stat.

I think I'll just pull in what I can passively while focusing on my int and a decent HP pool. I hear its good to have a nice HP pool for the one armor rune that prevents hits above 35%?

Wait... doesn't that armor rune mean you can sacrifice HP for DPS and still live through a hit or two?

Wallach

Wait... doesn't that armor rune mean you can sacrifice HP for DPS and still live through a hit or two?

No, because it will only block an amount up to your maximum health pool. Anything that spills over that value you eat in full.

The higher your EHP is, the more effective that skill is up to the point where you've got the majority of attacks that even have a chance of hitting you are reduced down to 35%. Which for Inferno means you're fine to stack resists/armor out the wazoo still, really. High Vit without decent resists/armor isn't particularly useful because of how large the base hits are (lots of six digit base hits as soon as A3 begins).

Shouta

Going tanky with resists/damage reduction all out is a bit of a losing proposition so I don't think Keen Eye is all that great. I've found an evasion build is a lot more stable for Act 2 elites and on even with just 500 Resist, though it varies a bit by modifier on Act 3 and 4.

red731

I have found plenty (a couple) of blacksmith plans in act 1 (only exalted) but no jeweller plans. I would assume you'd have to go deeper.

Inception-Deeper.jpg

People here are entering inferno with 30k dps and I finished act 1 with like 10k dps...
I have such a bad gear...
Also...eff the wasps in act 2 inferno..

Yeah... Act II Inferno can eat a dick. Especially under the conditions I have to play under

Have to smokescreen everything just in case because the game thinks I'm in melee range unless I'm a clean half-screen distance away

Managed to make it to the ruins where the head is. The waterway wasn't all that bad

Not sure how to proceed at all

mackattk

I have something similar I've been trying to sell but no one's biting due to the search not pulling it up when people search for a low level item =(

Yeah, they really need to fix that, it only shows up when you search only level 60 items. reduced level requirement is the most op stat for leveling equipment, especially once you get to level ~50, makes everything trivial

I beat Act 2 Inferno with 16k DPS and the rest of the game with 26k (never used Sharpshooter). You can do it too!

I certainly don't think it's impossible. Got a lot further than I thought I would, even killed everything
that didn't have invul minions
that I came across. If it wasn't for 30s respawn time I'd probably still be at it.

The whole mode is a recipe for frustration (post Act I) but it's more than conquerable with a bit of diligence or amazing gear

I guess it just takes patience? Getting one shotted just isn't that fun for me. 20k health and 500 all resist on my WD. Just broke 20k dps with the amulet I sniped.
Yes it takes patience and you need to learn animations and patterns. Everything in the game from Act 2 onwards one-hit me. Belial was by far the hardest thing in the game for me.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
It's my birthday today :3

Easist place in act 3 to get 5 NV?

RPGCrazied

Why do they force you in general chat now? The first message I always see is from a gold selling website/person. I don't want to see this. I hope its fixed fast.

TheHakku

Why do they force you in general chat now? The first message I always see is from a gold selling website/person. I don't want to see this. I hope its fixed fast.

Clearly a goof on Blizzard's part. I hate having to type /leave every time I boot the game now.

Jinko

I hadn't noticed this until I rolled my mage alt. What the hell is up with that? Has it been like this since launch? I figured I was just lagging today, but melee hits sometimes connect even when you are YARDS away. Annoying as hell.

I think this is a lag thing, playing from the EU on a US server you notice it a lot.

Audioboxer

Had an epic bidding match for the shield on the left, it SEEMED to good to pass up for my barb tank considering the block % (27% in total) Only wish it didn't have dexterity on it - Don't want dexterity as it can prevent Revenge procing.

Good deal at 31k though?

Screenshot005.jpg

ps. I love it when people don't remove gems!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom