• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

smr00

Banned
Got bored of farming on my 60 hunter/wizard so i decided i will get my witch doctor 60.

I wish they would hurry up and add PVP because farming gets tiring, ill probably level a monk and barb to 60 after this witch doctor before farming again.

And i know Normal/Nightmare are easy mode (at least for ranged) but my WD is like retarded easy mode right now.

MrKnives

So I just beat the game on normal....
whats next? Im lvl.32 monk.

Do I start nightmare with a new class or what?

Same character through Nightmare > Hell > Inferno.

A new character wouldn't get past the first zombie in Nightmare. Trust me it's worth it.
Could be argued that it's shitty game design but the game really starts from Hell for me. Nightmare is tons more fun than Normal. Normal is so useless.

The Hermit

I love how this game looks. It's definitely a departure from D2, but I think it still does a great job capturing the Diablo feel.

dwSaP.png

teehee.gif

BTW, here's a strategy video for inferno:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8bUuBMKDo8I

Ruuppa

RIP lvl 39 Demon Hunter. Royal Audience on Nightmare, got swarmed while the snakemen were still invisible/invincible and there was zero room to kite around.

Oh well, might as well try a melee Hardcore this time.

Jinko

Actually, this isn't really a case where they have incentive to lie to you. "Our game is awesome and you should buy it!" That's a case where they would lie.

But in this case, lying to people about how they are getting hacked is a really bad idea. Not because it engenders bad customer sentiment (although it would), but because they have a strong financial incentive to fix this problem and stop the constant stream of customer service calls. Customer service calls cost a lot of money, and are to be avoided however possible; lying to customers and telling them public games are fine when they really aren't would be the exact opposite of this.

Perhaps, you can still lie and fix the problem though in hopes that people never catch on.

I wasn't really saying either way though, those RMT must be working over time regardless lol :D

I don't believe that Blizzard would leave such a gaping security hole in their code anyway.

syllogism

Bought my monk friend a 29% block shield that blocks 3706-4706 dmg, has 79% all res, 48 arcane res, 96 dex, regens 259. He stacks arcane res too

Seems a bit better than storm shield that blocks only 2800-3793...

e:
uqxS2.png

Cru Jones

Microsoft lied about XBL hacks for like 3-4 months without any consequences.

Do tell... Are you talking about the "FIFA 2012 hack"? If so, it's come out that it was social engineering or brute force (exact same as WoW and Diablo). FIFA was just a way to monetize the compromised account. Any medium where people can get value out your compromised account with low risk, you'll see these types of compromises.

Audioboxer

Do tell... Are you talking about the "FIFA 2012 hack"? If so, it's come out that it was social engineering or brute force (exact same as WoW and Diablo). FIFA was just a way to monetize the compromised account. Any medium where people can get value out your compromised account with low risk, you'll see these types of compromises.

They kept blaming it on the user for months (and still do), when regardless of how the trick works, it's not the users fault*.

*In 98% of cases

eek5

Bought my monk friend a 29% block shield that blocks 3706-4706 dmg, has 79% all res, 48 arcane res, 96 dex, regens 259. He stacks arcane res too

Seems a bit better than storm shield that blocks only 2800-3793...

e:
uqxS2.png

sacred shield is the best shield if you get good rolls

stormshield just has set props that are all good

Dahbomb

God damn the prices have fallen on AH. I could've easily gotten a 900 DPS+ weapon for my DH today but opted not to (most of them didn't have good crit damage stats or dex). Opted to go for a 750 DPS bow with great stats, high crit bonus, high IAS and a socket, for less than 50K. Act 1 Inferno is now a breeze. Best part is that the weapon came with a FREE Perfect Square Emerald.

I can probably attempt Act 2 and with some patient even beat it. But nah I am having too much fun with loots in Act 1 and even got a nice upgrade to my boots!

Lord Phol

So I like many others hit a a wall in act 2 inferno.
Question is can you get good/better gear by farming act 1?
Or should one just farm for money to spend in the ah?

This is my barb btw:

Gpt about 150-200+ resistance, 50K Life, ~12k dps and ~70% reduction from armor.

Cipherr

Seriously, is life on hit thatgood? like how much tank do u need to be able to use it?

Well Kripp swears by it once you have the defensive stats to survive hits. And I have watched Kripps stream where he has just decimated Act 3 Inferno runs. His ability to self sustain is apparently hugely aided because life on hit is much more amazing than anyone thought once you get past 1200 of it. It scales spectacularly with attack speed, and it doesnt get nerfed in effectiveness by difficulty level.

Aphexian

So do Witch Doctors wreck everything in this game? I started playing one and she felt really under powered, but then again my Barb felt really over powered in normal mode. Not anymore!

TheExodu5

Banned
So do Witch Doctors wreck everything in this game? I started playing one and she felt really under powered, but then again my Barb felt really over powered in normal mode. Not anymore!

With Soul Harvest and Dire Bats, you really shouldn't feel underpowered at all.

Aphexian

With Soul Harvest and Dire Bats, you really shouldn't feel underpowered at all.

That would explain it. I only made it to lvl 3 or 5 with her haha. She felt way different from where my Barb started out. Barb was 2 shotting everything and making a mockery of Normal difficulty. Probably why I felt she was underpowered.

Zzoram

Dang I was going to hop online too.

So I've been using mostly just Plague of Locusts and Haunt to DoT a mob then run away while they die. I'm level 53 in Hell. What should I be doing to enhance this build? I have 7000 dps and 14k hp.

Looks like everything is down. I can't log into World of Warcraft and people are having trouble logging onto StarCraft II on twitter.

I blame the asslicker who created a thread on one of the battle.net forums praising Blizzard for providing us with a trouble-free weekend of gaming.

Edit: Aaaaaaaaand we're back.

Zzoram

if you want to know value, look up your type of item and search for the best stat on your item (eg. resist all) at a minimum value near the one on your item

What do I need to be looking at stat-wise as a Barbarian going into Act 3 inferno? Right now I'm focused on (in order of priority), All Resist, VIT, and Strength.

Should I just keep building up more of the same, or looking at the same but with additions like Attack Speed or LOH?

I got completely facerolled by the first champ in Act 3 so I definitely have some major upgrades to do before I can even try to make progress. I'm probably going to stick to farming 5 stack Maghda until I get some upgrades / money, and then move on to farming some 5 stack Zoltun Kulle's until I have even more.

Just not sure what to spend my money on right now.

Zzoram

Barbs should build tanky, survivability is more important than DPS.

Is there a place with a list of the boss monster procs explaining what they all mean? What does "Desecrator" mean for a boss?

Wait so they can hack you without the session ID exploit now? Did you have a strong password? Did you have the mobile alerts turned on? Did you have an authenticator?

I didn't have the authenticator on unfortunately, learned my lesson. It was weird though, I logged on and within 2 minutes of log on I had "logged off due to logging on at another computer". I feel like they did it instantly when I logged on.

To answer the other question, they stole everything. all my level 60 inferno A2 items, and about 400k gold.

=[

Glix

Took down Belial on Hell last night. Felt very legit. My gear is so ass.

Let out a loud audible yell when I beat him. This game gets me pumped.

KKRT00

Well Kripp swears by it once you have the defensive stats to survive hits. And I have watched Kripps stream where he has just decimated Act 3 Inferno runs. His ability to self sustain is apparently hugely aided because life on hit is much more amazing than anyone thought once you get past 1200 of it. It scales spectacularly with attack speed, and it doesnt get nerfed in effectiveness by difficulty level.

Its amazing, i'm using it since Nightmare on my Monk combined with really high attack speed (>2.3) and its bonkers. I could tank anything with Belial and Azmodan's black fields included. Now its not that good on Inferno, because Your attack speed drops in favor to shield and other stats. You need to stack much higher damage reductions first ;\
I'm still quite sure that dual welding Monk with life on hit is still viable on Inferno, but he just needs godly equipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom